A-League Round 19 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th

Adelaide are unlucky not 2 be up by 2 goals at leaset so far in the match...BJ I fancy the knights to take a point off Sydney on Sunday
:loon have you been drinking again Ice? Knights are going along ok, but mainly at home. Away they are not so flash to be honest. Any other team you might give them a chance, but Sydney are almost at full strength. Have you seen the Sydney players on the bench? Most of them would walk into any other A League side, bar Melbourne maybe. Sydney are going to lose 3 points for player payment breaches and there is no way they are going to take the Knight's game lightly. Knights +1 might be an outside chance if you plan to have a bet, but having said that, Sydney 3-0 or 4-0 is a chance too.

Queensland 1
Reinaldo taps in a Mori shot that hit the crossbar :sad What the? This is like Adelaide's game against Perth last week. Adelaide should have killed the game in the first half last week, same here tonight. Adelaide are in danger of missing the finals at the moment. They are lucky that the Mariners and Jets play each other this week.

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th Adelaide are in a world of hurt!!! Queensland is all over them like a rash and it might be goodnight nurse for Adelaide here. Whatever the stats and figures say, do the complete opposite :rollin The Knights to beat Sydney this weekend cos all stats and figures point to a Sydney win :loon

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th FT: Adelaide United 0 - 1 Queensland Roar 54m Reinaldo Queensland now only 2 points behind Adelaide on the ladder and if the Jets or Mariners win their game they may only be 1 point behind Adelaide. Sydney travel to Adelaide next week and Adelaide are in a little bit of trouble. It is Melbourne and Sydney Grand Final for me, the two best teams by a mile now. Only 5 losses between them all season and both going to be at close to full strength in the finals. Something to be said about backing teams in soccer who are playing over $4, or $4-50 as the Roar were. Queensland couldn't beat the Knights last week, in fact get 3 goals scored against them, and now they beat Adelaide in Adelaide.

Rubbish result for us :wall You are right BJV: Sydney and Melbourne while the rest are making up the numbers
Rubbish is one word for it. Not sure what has happened to Adelaide. They beat Melbourne 1-0 at Telstra Dome at one stage. They are not converting there chances. From earlier posts and radio, Adelaide should have sewn the game up in the first half. I don't often bet Soccer teams under $2-00 and now I remember why that was, cos they often get beat.

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th Newcastle Jets v Central Coast Mariners Friday 5 January 8.00pm AEDT (7.00pm AEST (Qld only), 7.30pm ACDT, 6.00pm AWDT) EnergyAustralia Stadium, Newcastle Newcastle Squad: 40.Ante COVIC (gk) 2.Steve EAGLETON 3.Jade NORTH 5.Milton RODRIGUEZ 6.Andrew DURANTE 8.Matt THOMPSON 9.Vaughan COVENY 10.Nick CARLE (Captain) 11.Tarek ELRICH 13.Adam D’APUZZO 15.Stuart MUSIALIK 16.Labinot HALITI 18.Joel GRIFFITHS 19.Mark BRIDGE 20.Ben KENNEDY (gk) 22.Steven OLD 24.Paul KOHLER 25.Tim BROWN. *three to be omitted In: Tarek Elrich (promoted), Adam D’Apuzzo (promoted), Labinot Haliti (promoted) Out: Nil Others Unavailable: Craig Deans (knee – season), Jobe Wheelhouse (ankle – season), Paul Okonliti (International duty – Albania) Central Coast Squad: 20.Danny VUKOVIC (gk) 2.Wayne O’SULLIVAN 3.Paul O’GRADY 4.Noel SPENCER 5.Bradley PORTER 6.Andre GUMPRECHT 7.John HUTCHINSON 8.Jamie McMASTER 11.Damien BROWN 12.Stewart PETRIE 14.Vuko TOMASEVIC 17.Matthew OSMAN 18.Alex WILKINSON 19.Adam KWASNIK 23.Mile JEDINAK (Pending Clearance) 24.Matt SIMON (Pending Clearance) 30.Matthew TROTT (gk) *one to be omitted In: Paul O’Grady (returns from injury), Mile Jedinak (returns from suspension), Matt Simon (new short-term contract) Out: Nil Others Unavailable: John Crawley (hip – season), Nigel Boogaard (osteitis pubis – season), Nik Mrdja (heel – season), Tom Pondeljak (groin – 2 weeks), Tony Vidmar (calf – 2 weeks), Andrew Clark (knee – 2 weeks) Impending stats, facts and trivia Newcastle striker VAUGHAN COVENY will be hoping his current goal-less streak comes to an end soon. Coveny, who is the all-time leading scorer for the New Zealand national team (30 goals), has not scored in his past eight Hyundai A-League appearances. This is his longest streak of not scoring in successive national league matches since 2000 when he went for 11 appearances without scoring while with South Melbourne in the old national league.

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th Newcastle Jets v Central Coast Mariners Date: Friday January 5 Kick-off (local time): 8.00pm Venue: EnergyAustralia Stadium Radio coverage: ABC 1233 Newcastle (1233AM) http://abc.net.au/newcastle/football/ Coast FM 96.3FM (Central Coast) http://www.2ccc.net/ Head-to-head Seven league meetings: Central Coast - 2 wins, Newcastle - 2 wins, 3 draws Previous meeting Newcastle 3 Central Coast 1 (EnergyAustralia Stadium, Hyundai A-League round 12, November 2006) Last five results Newcastle: Win - Draw - Win - Loss - Loss Central Coast: Win - Draw - Win - Loss - Loss Analysis These New South Wales rivals have enjoyed, or perhaps endured identical recent records in the Hyundai A-League with neither prepared to give an inch in the race for fourth position and a semi-final place. Like their geographical locations, both Newcastle and the Central Coast have occupied neighbouring ladder positions since round 10 with the Jets constantly falling short of passing the Mariners into the finals berths. Both sides lost their New Year's fixtures to Sydney and Melbourne respectively yet the pair will continue to eye third place while Adelaide United keeps offering gifts to the chasing pack. A record-breaking Novocastrian crowd of 20,980 filled EnergyAustralia Stadium on New Year's Day to see the Jets slip to a 2-0 defeat and another sizeable attendance is anticipated with the visit of last season's grand finalist. Club captain Paul Okon is still missing for the hosts so Gary van Egmond names another extended squad including Tarek Elrich, Adam D'Apuzzo and Labinot Haliti. For the Mariners, defender Paul O'Grady's return from a two-month hamstring layoff helps alleviate the losses of former Qantas Socceroo Tony Vidmar (calf) and Andrew Clark (knee) with Tom Pondeljak (groin) also failing to prove his fitness. Central Coast coach Lawrie McKinna also recalls midfielder Mile Jedinak, who has extended his stay with the Mariners following the continued injury problems of Nigel Boogaard, from a one-match suspension. Brad Porter, who made his first league start this season for the Mariners last week against Melbourne, keeps his place as does Matthew Osman after a first appearance in two months following a hip flexor injury. Local striker Matthew Simon is also included after signing on as a short-term player for the injured Nik Mrdja (heel). Meanwhile, seven players enter the match on three cautions: Vaughan Coveny, Stuart Musialik and Joel Griffiths for Newcastle and Noel Spencer, Stewart Petrie, Osman and Adam Kwasnik for the Mariners. The in-form Kwasnik has scored four goals in his past three games taking him to a share of third place in the scoring charts with seven for the season. A League Website review

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th Victory juggle squad As expected, Ernie Merrick will juggle his team including leaving Fred at home this week when Melbourne Victory travels to Perth for its round 19 Hyundai A-League clash with the Glory. Archie Thompson, who missed training with flu, and Adrian Leijer will miss the match because of suspensions they incurred last week after receiving four yellow cards, while Eugene Galekovic will remain in goals this week and Alessandro will step in after a week's rest. Striker Daniel Allsopp and captain Kevin Muscat will be on the bench in Perth with both unlikely to play a major role in the match. The absence of Fred, Thompson and possibly Allsopp leaves new recruit James Robinson with the bulk of the work up forward because there are no other natural strikers in the team. Merrick has suggested moving some of the team's more attacking midfielders up into a striking role. "I think we'll keep everyone guessing on that but I've got lots of options between Allsopp, (Adrian) Caceres, Kristian Sarkies, Michael Ferrante … there's lot of options," Merrick said. The enforced week off has come at a perfect time for Thompson, who is struggling with a virus that has caused him to miss training. Galekovic meanwhile, is looking forward to spending more time on the field this week after playing second fiddle to Michael Theoklitos for much of the season.

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th Newcastle Jets Vs Central Coast Mariners

Past matches

Nov 12, 2006

A-League

Newcastle Jets

3 - 1

CC Mariners

Sep 23, 2006

A-League

CC Mariners

1 - 1

Newcastle Jets

Aug 12, 2006

A-League

CC Mariners

1 - 1

Newcastle Jets

Feb 17, 2006

A-League

CC Mariners

1 - 1

Newcastle Jets

Feb 10, 2006

A-League

Newcastle Jets

0 - 1

CC Mariners

Dec 31, 2005

A-League

CC Mariners

4 - 1

Newcastle Jets

Oct 23, 2005

A-League

Newcastle Jets

1 - 0

CC Mariners

Sep 04, 2005

A-League

CC Mariners

1 - 1

Newcastle Jets

No clear advantage here as they have had four draws and two wins each, with the Jets winning the last encounter when Mark Bridge started the game and got the Jets on their way.

Last 8

Games

M

W

D

L

P

F

A

Jets

Home

Mariners

Away

Jets home form is slightly better than the Mariner’s away form. The Jet’s have lost to Melbourne, Sydney, Queensland, and bogey team Perth at home, while the Mariners have only beaten the Knights away and they have done that twice. Not so encouraging for Central Coast that they have only been able to beat the Knights away.

Jets Last 3 Home games – Mariners Last 3 Away games

R

Date

Home

Score

Away

HT

Crowd

>2.5

HT

FT

11/4/2006

Newcastle Jets

1 - 1

Sydney FC

0-1

No

X

11/12/2006

Newcastle Jets

3 - 1

CC Mariners

2-1

Yes

1/1/2007

Newcastle Jets

0 - 2

Sydney FC

0-1

No

R

Date

Home

Score

Away

HT

Crowd

>2.5

HT

FT

11/3/2006

Melbourne Vict

3 - 3

CC Mariners

2-3

Yes

X

11/12/2006

Newcastle Jets

3 - 1

CC Mariners

2-1

Yes

11/19/2006

NZ Knights

0 - 2

CC Mariners

0-0

No

X

Shots Per Goal

Team

Shots

Goals

Shots per goal

Games

Shots per Game

Total

Jets

Total

Mariners

Team

Shots

Goals

Shots per goal

Games

Shots per Game

Home

Jets

Away

Mariners

Nothing at all between these two teams as far as shots per goal goes. They tend to score a goal around every 10 to 12 shots whether home or away. So whoever can manage to have more than 10 shots will be a great chance of snaring the win. Worth noting that the Jets only had 6 shots last week at home against Sydney in front of 20,000 plus people, and that’s not a good sign, although Sydney have a great defence. Tarek Elrich, Adam D’Apuzzo and Labinot Haliti have all been promoted for newcastle with no outs as yet. For the Mariners, Paul O’Grady returns from injury, Mile Jedinak returns from suspension and Matt Simon is a new short-term contract player. The Mariners still have Tony Vidmar out which leaves a hole in their defence. Current Odds
1 X 2
Newcastle 2-10 3-25 3-25 CC Mariners
There is little between these two teams and this is a fair chance of being a draw. Central Coast at $3-25 represents great value for me here as they were able to score against the Victory last week and should have drawn the game as they created many chances. I have been a huge fan of the Jets for the last few weeks but their game against Sydney last week where they only conjured up 6 shots, was very disappointing. So I will be on the Mariners tonight and saving on the draw. Over $3 for the Mariners is ridiculous in my opinion, as they are a good side, and if I have learnt anything from the A League this year, it is take the value when it is offered. As Queensland showed last night when they won at $4-50. BET Central Coast Mariners Straight Out to Win @ $3-25 (Sportingbet) Jets/Mariners Draw Saver @ $3-25 (Sportingbet)

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th I agree with you here BJ - the Mariners looked sharp last week and I thought were unfortunate not to get at least a draw. I've done it the simpler way, and just bet on the Mariners -0 at $2.35. I'm not sure if this is a better or worse price than the way you did it, but the stakes aren't really big enough for me to care. For value I have also taken correct score of Central Coast 2-0 @ $13 (Sportingbet)

Good luck Oscar :ok Odds are too good to pass up for the Mariners...I am going to have to join a Bookie who offers AH I think...Seems like a good way to bet, but I don't understand it 100%.
Central Coast -0 is the same as Draw No Bet. Unless the market is stated as being "Handicap with draw", then whenever you take a handicap +0/+1 or -0/-1 etc. it just means when you add or subtract the handicap to the real score and when the adjusted score is a draw, then you get your money back. For example, if you backed Milwall +1 tonight vs Stoke, and Stoke won 1-0, then with handicap applied the betting score is 1-1 and you would get your money bet. However, if you bet with Centrebet, taking Stoke +1 would lose, as their handicap market is inclusive of the draw. Effectively, Centrebet handicap is actually: Favourite -1.5/Favourite wins by 1 goal exactly/Underdog not to lose. PS - I don't recommend backing Milwall +1 tonight, I was just using it as an example. If you have any other questions, or are confused by what I just said, I can try and help you out a bit more :ok

Good luck Oscar :ok Odds are too good to pass up for the Mariners...I am going to have to join a Bookie who offers AH I think...Seems like a good way to bet, but I don't understand it 100%.
Good choice Beejayville, i recently signed up with Pointbet, well only this week actually. After searching for a while for the best bookie who offer Asian Handicap i found Pointbet to be the best. http://www.pointbet.com/index.asp if your interested? Its just too hard to bet in soccer without Asian Handicap, you can cover yourself on draws etc while on most Australian Bookies you cant

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th I dont have a lot of time at the moment to offer an insightful preview, but i think Beejay has summed up everything i would say anyway in his preview. I like Central Coast to win this as they are a quality team and Newcastle have gone off the boil a bit recently. CCM are good value for the win at $3.25 but to cover myself i find better value in CCM at +0.25 at $1.92 with Pointbet as its a good possiblity this could end in a draw. Central Coast to Win at $3.25 - (4/10) Central Coast +0.25 at $1.92 - (6/10)

Central Coast -0 is the same as Draw No Bet. Unless the market is stated as being "Handicap with draw"' date=' then whenever you take a handicap +0/+1 or -0/-1 etc. [/quote'] Are you sure on this Oscar? I thought -1.50 was the same as Draw No Bet? (aka European Handicap) (0) AH means if you draw you get your stake back. But if your team wins by 1 goal or more you win your full stake. In Handicap with draw you need to win by 2 goals or more. May need to double check if that is right or not?

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th I'm 100% sure Ads. Example. Chelsea v Macclesfield, common handicaps available Chelsea -2 Chelsea -2.5 Chelsea -3 Macc +2 Macc +2.5 Macc +3 Scoreline Hypothetical 1: Chelsea 2-0 Chelsea -2: This bet is refunded. This is the same as draw no bet, but instead it's no bet if Chelsea win by exactly 2. Chelsea -2.5: LOSING Bet. Chelsea -2.5 is the same as Chelsea -0.5 which is the same as Chelsea to win. Chelsea -2.5 just means Chelsea must win by 3 goals or more, or your bet loses Chelsea -3: LOSING Bet. Didn't win by 3. Will explain more in next example Macclesfield +2: Refunded bet. Same as Chelsea example Macclesfield +2.5: WINNING Bet. Adjusted score is Chelsea 2-2.5 Macclesfield. Macclesfield +3: WINNING Bet. Adjusted score is Chelsea 2-3 Macclesfield

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th Scoreline Hypotheticl 2: Chelsea 3-0 Chelsea -2: WINNING Bet. They won by more than 2. Chelsea -2.5: WINNING Bet. They won by more than 2.5 Chelsea -3: REFUNDED Bet. They won by exactly 3. Macc +2: LOSING Bet. Adjusted score Chelsea 3-2 Macc Macc +2.5: LOSING Bet: Adjusted score Chelsea 3-2.5 Macc Macc +3: REFUNDED Bet. Adjusted score Chelsea 3-3 Macc. This is only for handicaps with pushes. Handicaps with draws are a completely different thing.

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th With you lads. Pick of Central Coast on the fact that they are the better team, and the little fact that they the little brothers to Newcastle in terms of geographical location, so they will always be up for this. :cheers

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th With regards to -1.5, this bet can never be refunded. Basically, if you take a team -1.5, you win if they win by 2 or more, you lose if they lose, draw or win by only 1. Stoke v Milwall, take Stoke -1.5. Scenario 1 - Stoke lose - you lose Scenario 2 - Stoke draw - you lose Scenario 3 - Stoke win by 1 - you lose Scenario 4 - Stoke win by 2 goals or more - you win Apologies for taking over this thread with non A-League stuff. Hope this helps.

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th Level ball or 0, means both teams start level.

If Arsenal draw with Birmingham, you receive your stake back, as the bet remained level. If you bet Arsenal and they win 1-0 or better, your bet wins in full. If you bet Arsenal and they lose 1-0 or worse, your bet loses in full.

-0.25 or -1/4

If Arsenal -0.25 draw with Birmingham, you receive your half your stake back, and half is lost. If you bet Arsenal -0.25 and they win 1-0 or better, your bet wins in full. If you bet Arsenal -0.25 and they lose 1-0 or worse, your bet loses in full.

-0.50 or -1/2

If Arsenal -0.50 draw with Birmingham, your bet loses in full. If you bet Arsenal -0.50 and they win 1-0 or better, your bet wins in full. If you bet Arsenal -0.50 and they lose 1-0 or worse, your bet loses in full.

-0.75 or -3/4

If Arsenal -0.75 draw with Birmingham, your bet loses in full. If you bet Arsenal -0.75 and they win 1-0 or better, your bet wins in full. If you bet Arsenal -0.25 and they lose 1-0 or worse, your bet loses in full.

-1.00 or or -1

If Arsenal -1 draw with Birmingham, your bet loses in full. If you bet Arsenal -1 and they win 1-0 , your bet is refunded, as the result on the handicap is 1-1. If you bet Arsenal -1 and they win 2-0 or better, your bet is wins in full. If you bet Arsenal and they lose 1-0 or worse, your bet loses in full

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th -1.50 isnt displayed on that list for some reason, but i thought i was 100% sure that -1.50 was the same as 'Draw No Bet' Anyone who isnt Australian want to step in here :ok :loon

-1.50 isnt displayed on that list for some reason, but i thought i was 100% sure that -1.50 was the same as 'Draw No Bet' Anyone who isnt Australian want to step in here :ok :loon
Ads I don't know about Pointbet, but I am 100% certain -1.5 is not the same as draw no bet. I took Arsenal -1.5 vs Charlton the other day (Betfair), and Arsenal had to win by 2 goals or more for this bet to be a winner.

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th Sorry mate you are right. I'll plead ignorance here, i had Draw No Bet confused with -1 Handicap With Draw. Hahaha what a way to embarass myself :$ :$ :$ -1 Draw With Handicap is the same as -1.5 Handicap. Sorry Oscar, you are right mate :ok

With you lads. Pick of Central Coast on the fact that they are the better team' date=' and the little fact that they the little brothers to Newcastle in terms of geographical location, so they will always be up for this. :cheers[/quote'] More the fact they are $3-25 in a game that is evenly matched :ok

Maybe we need a seperate thread to explain AH :rollin So Petkar...A win bet at $3-25 and draw saver at $3-25 is same as AH0 @ $2-25? Might have to some reading into this to get the right grasp on it. Looks like a good way to bet when you dont want to take the Win bet.