A-League Round 19 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th

Sorry mate you are right. I'll plead ignorance here, i had Draw No Bet confused with -1 Handicap With Draw. Hahaha what a way to embarass myself :$ :$ :$ -1 Draw With Handicap is the same as -1.5 Handicap. Sorry Oscar, you are right mate :ok
No problems mate. The Centrebet thing can be very confusing and is in some ways quite misleading when you first read it. Fortunately I haven't been caught out on it but it's something you need to be alert on.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to -1.5, this bet can never be refunded. Basically, if you take a team -1.5, you win if they win by 2 or more, you lose if they lose, draw or win by only 1. Stoke v Milwall, take Stoke -1.5. Scenario 1 - Stoke lose - you lose Scenario 2 - Stoke draw - you lose Scenario 3 - Stoke win by 1 - you lose Scenario 4 - Stoke win by 2 goals or more - you win Apologies for taking over this thread with non A-League stuff. Hope this helps.
No probs Oscar, thats fine mate :ok

Maybe we need a seperate thread to explain AH :rollin So Petkar...A win bet at $3-25 and draw saver at $3-25 is same as AH0 @ $2-25? Might have to some reading into this to get the right grasp on it. Looks like a good way to bet when you dont want to take the Win bet.
Just so you know BJ, Sportingbet and Centrebet both offer the draw no bet for A-League games. I took Central Coast DNB (AKA -0) with Sportingbet, and also took Perth DNB (AKA -0) with Centrebet the other day (It's since shortened 15c, I'm shrewd! :lol)

No problems mate. The Centrebet thing can be very confusing and is in some ways quite misleading when you first read it. Fortunately I haven't been caught out on it but it's something you need to be alert on.
No Australian bookie offers Asian Handicap, well not that im aware of. I only registered with Pointbet 2 days ago so am stil ltrying to learn the ropes a bit. Cant belive i got Draw No BEt confused with -1 Handicap With Draw :lol Its strange Centrebet dont offer Asian Handicap as they are such a large bookie and all, alot of European people use it too. Oh well, maybe oneday?

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th I think Mark read in Darwin has AH Ads, but limited to what it is actually on. Think mainly the power leagues like Premier, Spain etc. http://www.iasbet.com/sport/soccer-football-betting.aspx This mob have AH for A League http://www.iasbet.com/sport/BetTypeContainer.aspx?SportId=25&CompetitionId=21964&BetTypeId=9 Think its like a fixed price tho...Jets/Mariners are either -0.5 or +0.5

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th LIVE WEB RADIO BROADCAST OF TONIGHT'S GAME ABC 1233 Newcastle (1233AM) http://abc.net.au/newcastle/football/ Click on Winamp or Windows media Player towards the lower part of the page Coast FM 96.3FM (Central Coast) http://www.2ccc.net/ Click on where it says Click here under Coast FM Live Streaming like below Coast FM Live Streaming Click here to hear us Pregame reviews are on as we speak and game is 15m away from a start.

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th Team Line Ups

Newcastle Jets

CC Mariners

(gk) Ante Covic

Danny Vukovic (gk)

Steve Eagleton

Wayne O'Sullivan

Jade North

Paul O'Grady

Milton Rodriguez

Noel Spencer

Andrew Durante

Andre Gumprecht

Matt Thompson

Damien Brown

© Nick Carle

Stewart Petrie

Stuart Musialik

Matthew Osman

Joel Griffiths

Alex Wilkinson ©

Mark Bridge

Adam Kwasnik

Paul Kohler

Mile Jedinak

SUBS

SUBS

(gk) Ben Kennedy

Matthew Trott (gk)

Vaughan Coveny

Bradley Porter

Adam D'Apuzzo

John Hutchinson

Tim Brown

Matthew Simon

Live Game Stats Here

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th 15min in and 0-0 Great start to the game and shots at either end, great football. Marhiners Brown hit a thunderbolt on 13m and CCM should have been 1-0 up except for a spectacular save by the Jets goalkeeper Kovich...World class save!

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th Fantastic goal by the Jets there for Milton Rodriguez. The goal was against the player as the Central Coast were beginning to dominate play and then Mark Bridge found Rodriguez open by himself just outside the box and it was always going to be put behind the net by a player of his quality. Newcastle 1 - 0 Central Coast

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th HT: Newcastle Jets 1 - 0 Central Coast Mariners One of the best gaes this year so far, and got me stuffed how the Mariners are a goal down...Well Jets Keeper Covic making 2 brilliant saves from certain goals is one reason. Mariners are capable of scoring a goal in the second half, but they have only scored multipl goals in 2 of their eight away games so far...One would be nice though :dude

Mariners just can't seem to score despite having lots of chances to set things up. Frustration and losing bets seem to be the order of the week for me.
Tell me about it mate, im on a poor 2 week run at the moment. I seem to be getting extremely close in everything i tip, but teams just stuff it up towards the end and its very frustrating :@

Tell me about it mate' date=' im on a poor 2 week run at the moment. I seem to be getting extremely close in everything i tip, but teams just stuff it up towards the end and its very frustrating :@[/quote'] You're not wrong there. I had overs in Adelaide last night and some great chances missed. A few NBL overs game total fall short by 2-3pts and the Bullets bringing out show pony tricks to screw some margins bets. :wall

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th FT: Newcastle Jets 1 - 0 Central Coast Mariners 25' M. Rodriguez Newcaslte have 9 shots for one goal, and if they had around their average of 10 they would have scored, and they did. The Mariners had more shots than a rabid dog and still couldnt score. mariners had 16 shots for the game which is a huge effort away from hom, and they usually score 1 goal in around 10 shots...Was only the Jets keeper Covic who stopped the Mariners from having a 2 or 3 goal win...Covic would have saved Saddam Hussein tonight. Newcastle now in the Top 4 at the expense of Queensland. The Roar play Sydney and melbourne in their last 2 games, doubt they will win both of them. Newcastle travel to Perth in 9 days, which is a great break. A League has gone haywire for me the last 2 weeks :wall

You're not wrong there. I had overs in Adelaide last night and some great chances missed. A few NBL overs game total fall short by 2-3pts and the Bullets bringing out show pony tricks to screw some margins bets. :wall
Tell me about it...I had a 5 team multibet inthe NBA last week and first 4 teams got up, and the last team who I had at -6.5, well you can guess what they won by, yes thats right...6 Points :wall:wall:wall The multi was paying around $40 and only had $5 on it, but would have been a nice return.

We have had a good run though through most of the season' date=' and can't win all the time...Wouldn't be many losing weeks on the A league thread...But you have to lose sometimes, it's the law of averages.[/quote'] Quite true BJ. The worst thing though is chickening out of winners. Had $200 on Arsenal unquoted v Charlton, chickened out and did a smaller 'system' bet on Arsenal -1.5 :$ Not to worry, still 2 more games coming this weekend to make some money on :ok Would like the NRL season to start a bit sooner though :lol

Quite true BJ. The worst thing though is chickening out of winners. Had $200 on Arsenal unquoted v Charlton, chickened out and did a smaller 'system' bet on Arsenal -1.5 :$ Not to worry, still 2 more games coming this weekend to make some money on :ok Would like the NRL season to start a bit sooner though :lol
Yeh I might get into the NRL this year with some you knowledgeable people to follow :ok

Two games in a row where the better team lost to a team who scored against the run of play :@ NZ anyone for tomorrow???????
I think sydney are a sure thing tomorrow so in that case I am going to back the knights to win;)

Two games in a row where the better team lost to a team who scored against the run of play :@ NZ anyone for tomorrow???????
Aint that the truth! Jets Keeper Covic saved about 5 certain goals. Apparently Saddam Hussein's last words were "Where's Covic?"

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th Sydney FC v New Zealand Knights Sunday 7 January 6.00pm AEDT (5.00pm AEST (Qld only), 5.30pm ACDT, 4.00pm AWDT, 8.00pm NZDT) Aussie Stadium, Sydney Sydney FC Squad: 1.Clint BOLTON (gk) 2.Iain FYFE 3.Alvin CECCOLI 6.Ufuk TALAY 7.Robbie MIDDLEBY 8.Ruben ZADKOVICH 9.David ZDRILIC 10.Steve CORICA 11.Sasho PETROVSKI 12.David CARNEY 14.Alex BROSQUE 15.Terry McFLYNN 16.Mark MILLIGAN 17.Jacob TIMPANO 20.Justin PASFIELD In: Nil Out: Nil Others Unavailable: Mark Rudan (suspended – 1 week) New Zealand Squad: 2.Darren BAZELEY 4.Che BUNCE 6.Neil EMBLEN 7.Richard JOHNSON 8.Scot GEMMILL 11.Jonti RICHTER 12.Mark PASTON (gk) 13.Jonas SALLEY 14.Malik BUARI 16.Noah HICKEY 18.Michael WHITE 20.Michael TURNBULL (gk) 22.John TAMBOURAS 27.Li YAN 28.Alen MARCINA 31.GAO Leilei 33.Dean GORDON *two to be omitted In: Li Yan (promoted), Jonti Richter (promoted) Out: Nil Others Unavailable: Dani Rodrigues (knee - season), Sean Devine (back – season), Adam Casey (hamstring 2-4 weeks), Greg Duruz (knee 2-4 weeks) Impending stats, facts and trivia Sydney FC has not conceded a goal in 531 minutes - or almost six hours - of play, which is by far the longest time without conceding a goal in Hyundai A-League history (the next longest run was 411 minutes without conceding, set by Central Coast earlier this season). Should Sydney FC not let the Knights score this weekend, their time without conceding will edge closer to Australia's all-time national league record of not conceding a goal which stands at 728 minutes, set by Heidelberg in the old national league in July-September 1984. Team Thoughts: Sydney are almost at full strength and only missing Mark Rudan. They have the likes of Sasha Petrovski starting on the bench due to the good form of players such as Alex brosque. Sydney are in great shape coming into the finals. Knights kicked 3 goals last week in a convincing win against Queensland, and the Roar came out Friday night and knocked off Adelaide at their Hindmarsh fortress. So the form reads well when you consider Queensland beat the Mariners just before the xmas break. Gao and Marcina have added some bite to the Knights and they will not be a pushover for Sydney

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th Sydney FC v New Zealand Knights Date: SUNDAY January 7 Kick-off (local time): 6.00pm Venue: Aussie Stadium Radio Coverage: None according to A League website Head-to-head Five league meetings: Sydney - 4 wins, 1 draw Previous meeting Sydney 4 New Zealand 0 (Aussie Stadium, Hyundai A-League round 12, November 2006) Last five results Sydney: Win - Draw - Draw - Win - Win New Zealand: Loss - Draw - Draw - Loss - Win Analysis Having already dented Queensland Roar's finals hopes with a 3-1 win at North Harbour Stadium last weekend, the New Zealand Knights will hope to carry that momentum to Sydney when they have a crack at the reigning champion. The home side has extra motivation for extending their unbeaten run to 10 matches, however, following FFA's decision to dock the second-placed club three competition points for player payment breaches. Sydney faces third-placed Adelaide United next Sunday in what is shaping up to be a showdown for who will face Melbourne Victory in the major semi-final later this month. Substitute striker Sasho Petrovski sealed Sydney's 2-0 victory over state rivals Newcastle on New Year's Day with an injury time strike to further push his credentials for a starting berth upfront. Petrovski, who scored twice the last time he faced the Knights, has found the net on five occasions this season despite almost half of his appearances coming from the bench. But the 31-year-old has rarely been given a chance to shine by coach Terry Butcher and now finds himself playing second fiddle to Alex Brosque after earlier this season languishing behind David Zdrilic in the pecking order. Brosque, the ex-Roar marksman who scored Queensland's first-ever Hyundai A-League goal against New Zealand, has now bagged two in two games in a sequence reminiscent of last season when he scored seven times in his final eight outings. Butcher is again without captain Mark Rudan who serves the second game of a two-match suspension so Iain Fyfe is expected to continue in central defence alongside Mark Milligan with Ruben Zadkovich at right-back. For the Knights, Australian under-23 striker Adam Casey and Swiss defender Gregory Duruz have been placed on the long-term injury list meaning they'll be unable to play again this season. But stylish midfielder Scot Gemmill is back in contention for a start after a substitute appearance last week following a hamstring injury while Chinese import Leilei Gao and Jonti Richter are promoted. The defending champion has now not conceded a goal in 531 minutes - or almost six hours - of play which breaks the Mariners' Hyundai A-League record of earlier this season. From A League Website

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th Perth Glory v Melbourne Victory Sunday 7 January 6.00pm AWDT (8.00pm AEDT, 7.00pm AEST (Qld only), 7.30pm ACDT) Members Equity Stadium, Perth Perth Squad: 50.Tommi TOMICH (gk) 3.David TARKA 4.Simon COLOSIMO 5.Jamie HARNWELL (Captain) 6.Jeremy CHRISTIE 7.Mimi SARIC 8.David MICEVSKI 9.Luka GLAVAS 12.Leo BERTOS 13.Ante KOVACEVIC 14.Jamie COYNE 15.Mark ROBERTSON 16.Adrian WEBSTER 17.Stuart YOUNG 18.Josip MAGDIC 20.Aleks VRTESKI (gk) 25.Mark LEE *two to be omitted In: Jeremy Christie (promoted), Ante Kovacevic (return from suspension), Josip Magdic (promoted) Out: Naum Sekulovski (shoulder) Others Unavailable: Jason Petkovic (broken leg - season), Bobby Despotovski (back – 1 week), Stan Lazaridis (groin – TBA) Melbourne Squad: 1. Michael THEOKLITOS (gk) 2. Kevin MUSCAT (capt) 4. Mark BYRNES 6. Steve PANTELIDIS 7. Michael FERRANTE 9. Danny ALLSOPP 11. Vince LIA 12. Rodrigo VARGAS 13. Kristian SARKIES 14. Adrian CACERES 16. Simon STOREY 17. Grant BREBNER 18. ALESSANDRO 20. Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk) 21. James ROBINSON In: Kristian Sarkies (promoted), Alessandro (promoted), Jason Robinson (promoted) Out: Archie Thompson (suspended – 1 match), Adrian Leijer (suspended – 2 matches), Fred (omitted) Others Unavailable: Nil Impending stats, facts and trivia With up to seven more appearances forthcoming this season, Melbourne captain KEVIN MUSCAT may get an opportunity to equal or even break the quirky record of scoring most penalty goals in a season in Australian national league history. With six goals already scored from the penalty spot this season, Muscat stands just one goal behind the record of seven penalties in a season, jointly held by Ante Milicic (Sydney Olympic, 2002/03 NSL season) and Bobby Despotovski (Perth, 2000/01 NSL season). Team Thoughts: Perth welcome back Kovacevic from suspension but still have evergreen goal scorer Despotovski out, and there is also a doubt on Stan "Hary Kewell" Laziridis. Perth would be welcoming the Melbourne outs, but the Victory ins have a fair bit of ability too. Melbourne are missing Thompson and Leijer due to suspension and are resting Fred, and by all reoprts they are going to have Allsop and Muscat on the bench for this game. This gives the opportunity to Paul Robinson to get a start and see what he can do. Te Victory will still be more than competitive as the new players try to earn a spot in the starting line up for the upcoming finals.

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th Perth Glory v Melbourne Victory Date: SUNDAY January 7 Kick-off (local time): 6.00pm Venue: Members Equity Stadium Web Radio coverage: SportFM (Perth) 90.5FM - http://www.905.com.au/ - Click the flashing "LIVE" SEN1116 (Melbourne) 1116am - http://www.sen.com.au/index.php - Click on little radio top right "Listen Live" Head-to-head Five league meetings: Melbourne - 2 wins, Perth - 1 win, 2 draws Previous meeting Melbourne 1 Perth 0 (Telstra Dome, Hyundai A-League round 12, November 2006) Last five results Perth: Win - Loss - Loss - Loss - Draw Melbourne: Loss - Win - Draw - Win - Win Analysis Melbourne Victory coach Ernie Merrick will take the opportunity to shuffle his pack for his side's long-distance trip to Perth Glory on Sunday night as they look for their ninth away win of the season. The premier is already without suspended duo Archie Thompson and Adrian Leijer after they collected their fourth and seventh bookings of the season in the New Year's Eve victory over the Mariners. Leijer will also miss the home tie against Queensland Roar next Friday. And the pair have also be joined on the sidelines by the rested Fred with Merrick suggesting he might take the opportunity to bench his big names - such as the league's leading scorer Danny Allsopp and captain Kevin Muscat - ahead of the finals series later this month. That decision might bring some relief to Thompson who must still harbour aspirations of retaining the Hyundai A-League Golden Boot after receiving a quarter-share last season following his eight regular season goals. After netting the second in the 2-1 win against the Mariners, the Qantas Socceroos striker now has nine for the campaign - two behind strike partner Allsopp with three matches in the home-and-away season remaining. Kristian Sarkies and Alessandro return to the squad in Fred's absence while striker James Robinson, who twisted ankle in training last Saturday and missed the trip to the Central Coast, also comes back in. In other team news, hamstring-injury victim defender Daniel Piorkowski is confirmed as out for the season. A groin injury again keeps Perth winger Stan Lazaridis out of action. The 34-year-old former Socceroo has started just three times in the past two months after successive ankle and hamstring niggles. Naum Sekulovski is also missing with a shoulder complaint so Glory coach Ron Smith calls up Jeremy Christie and Josip Magdic while central defender Ante Kovacevic earns an instant recall after a one-match ban. All White international Adrian Webster and captain Jamie Harnwell were handed suspended bans for last week's post-match fracas so both are named in Smith's 17. Meanwhile, striker Stuart Young, who was dropped to the bench last week after failing to score since mid-October, will be eyeing a recall to the starting side ahead of Leo Bertos who started upfront against Adelaide.

Re: A-League Round 18 - Thursday 4th January - Sunday 7th I´m not sure about the surebet of New Zealand Knights. Found this on the australian sportal:

Despite the New Zealand Knights coming off arguably their best performance in the history of the franchise, coach Ricki Herbert wants to keep things in perspective. The Knights defeated the Queensland Roar 3-1 in their last match of 2006, scoring three goals for the first time in 39 Hyundai A-League matches. But Herbert is not getting carried away, pointing out that the club still remains at the foot of the ladder, six points adrift of the Perth Glory. Herbert considers any result from the final three rounds as a 'bonus', but he does believe his team is capable of again performing at the level shown in its win over the Roar.I just think we have probably got a little bit more and I would like to see something out of the last three games," Herbert said. Although playing down the chances of his team, the All Whites coach is noticeably happy when asked about his first win since taking charge prior to Christmas. "It was bloody good. I think Friday night helped a lot of people and I guess it finished 2006 on a reasonably good note, which was important," Herbert said. "It was just a nice feeling to be 3-0 up." Herbert acknowledges that his side will have to raise yet another level over the next week when it visits Sydney FC on Sunday and the Central Coast Mariners on Thursday. But he has been pleased with what he has seen from his squad at training. "The last three days everyone has been buoyant and upbeat, which is great," Herbert said. "They have trained really well and I couldn't have asked for anything more." Herbert points out that he and his coaching staff have not made any radical changes at training but have simply set their team structure and philosophy in place. "They have taken that on board and they have tried to do it and we can't ask for anything more than that," Herbert said. "All we have done is really given a lot of responsibility to the players." With their playoff aspirations long gone, Herbert says the Knights are revelling in their role as spoiler. "It is not where you would want to be in the league … but if we can spoil someone else's party then that would be a nice position to be in," Herbert said. The Knights will still be without Gregory Duruz and Adam Casey for the two-match trip, while keeper Michael Turnbull is also unavailable. Richard Johnson, Lelei Gao and Dean Gordon are all carrying minor injuries, but it is expected the trio will all take the field on Sunday.
Sounds that the Knights get some wind of change after the 3-1 win over Queensland in last Round.:dude