Thursdays Bankers

Re: Thursdays Bankers Banker is a banker no matter the price. Of course many will opose l'ami today just because the other horses in the race are also class acts. I would never say a horse is "not a banker". Happened many times before. Somebody puts 4/1 shot in here and many say "no way a banker, mate". You win some yoy lose some. That's why I say it is all about opinions here. When it comes as a banker selection then it is taken as a banker selection. Worth taking instead Lennon @ this price.. quite right !! My banker is Lennon just because I can't see it getting beat today. But the price is :puke of course. Hope you can get the 1.45 @ Betfair like me though :hope

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Thursdays Bankers No matter how many times you say read the rules of the banker thread in my opinion it will always be like a naps thread, the simple reason is that we all have different opinions about what we call 'banker' material, its hard for some people not have a selection some days, that takes discipline and unfortunately on the scale of things this aint that important to some folk and they want to participate so will just put down a horse they really fancy, in their mind it is a banker for them, never get this perfect so lets just go with it and those that continually pick losers will either lose interest or be at the bottom of the table. Just look at today, cant believe how many different horses being nominated as 'cast iron' bankers. Who's to say who's right? Best of luck anyway guys, maybe reasoning should be included on all bets, then we could see why someone thinks its a banker? BH

Re: Thursdays Bankers I do not see why that would not be a banker because it does not have to finish which 1 has length of beef of salmon has its last race. Then I do not think that François doumen makes the travel from France in Ireland for nothing. and then I've the memory that george Washington at the time from the 2,000 Guineas irish, Celebration Mile was favorite A 1.5/1 and has 1.7/1 but it was nevertheless beaten. With the race nothing is written in advance good luck has all galileorock

Re: Thursdays Bankers

Banker is a banker no matter the price. Of course many will opose l'ami today just because the other horses in the race are also class acts. I would never say a horse is "not a banker". Happened many times before. Somebody puts 4/1 shot in here and many say "no way a banker' date=' mate". You win some yoy lose some. That's why I say it is all about opinions here. When it comes as a banker selection then it is taken as a banker selection. Worth taking instead Lennon @ this price.. quite right !! My banker for todays is Lennon just because I can't see it getting beat today. But the price is :puke of course. Hope you can get the 1.45 @ Betfair like me though :hope[/quote'] You make some good points, I and I think this bankers thread was one of the best thing to happen to the ATR forum. I just think this issue of the 'the thats not a banker' overshaddow's it at times. Due to this we see more and more people putting up big odds shots everyday which to me dosent really benefit anyone.

No matter how many times you say read the rules of the banker thread in my opinion it will always be like a naps thread, the simple reason is that we all have different opinions about what we call 'banker' material, its hard for some people not have a selection some days, that takes discipline and unfortunately on the scale of things this aint that important to some folk and they want to participate so will just put down a horse they really fancy, in their mind it is a banker for them, never get this perfect so lets just go with it and those that continually pick losers will either lose interest or be at the bottom of the table. Just look at today, cant believe how many different horses being nominated as 'cast iron' bankers. Who's to say who's right? Best of luck anyway guys, maybe reasoning should be included on all bets, then we could see why someone thinks its a banker? BH
Very good point about reasoning BH, as I feel some people are just sticking up bankers based purley on price, hope i'm wrong but I dont think I am.

Re: Thursdays Bankers Top 5 are (sorry its very late)

1.30 Leicester COPPER BAY :hope for Alan King to continue his recent good form (2 winners in each of last 2 days).
Pevensey 150 Catterick
Yup - also agree Lennon looks unbeatable. But I also think ELALAA 13:10 SOUTHWELL is nailed on tomorrow, and at odds against is my selection RPF a worrying 7/2 4.7 on betfair however I feel the sportinglife are closer to the mark putting up a 5/2 fav in their tissue. I think I may need to explain this selection a bit further. Back into the basement class Elalaa has already proved an easy winner at this level LTO. Two prior races have been very unlucky not to take the honours in much better grades. Jockey taking 3lb's and was onboard a winner today. This selection is on the up while other market fancies are imo on the decline. Small stable going well. I fully expect a win tomorrow with odds approx 9/4, therefore my banker for tomorrow. Haitch :ok
Another Irish selection 1.30 Leo - Cailin Alainn
2.20 Catterick Lennon

Re: Thursdays Bankers Morning Bowles, sorry mate, A proper ropey night here! I went to bed at 3am (you should all note the time I posted the ratings for today and yesturdays resluts) , Someone woke me at 8am, I woke up again when my alarm went off at 10:00 (Thats right, I set my alarm just for you guys!), then rather annoyingly I woke up again at 1pm. Sorry everyone...

Morning Bowles, sorry mate, A proper ropey night here! I went to bed at 3am (you should all note the time I posted the ratings for today and yesturdays resluts) , Someone woke me at 8am, I woke up again when my alarm went off at 10:00 (Thats right, I set my alarm just for you guys!), then rather annoyingly I woke up again at 1pm. Sorry everyone...
i did the top 5 rather late mate!! no probs Zulu can t expect you to do it all the time. Go back to :zzz

i did the top 5 rather late mate!! no probs Zulu can t expect you to do it all the time.
Cheers Bowles, you did it as I was reading all the discussion here!!! as for...
Go back to :zzz
No chance mate, I has become clear that we need to sort out the bankers once again. The issues have been creaping in for a month now and I just didn't have the time to do anything. Therefor I'm gonna spend the afternoon putting together a "Master Plan". Bowles are you about this afternoon for an informal discussion? I've many thoughts and ideas and I'd really like to bounce some before I make public suggestions....