Australian A League Round 18 (Thu Dec 28 - Mon Jan 1st)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian A League Round 18 (Thu Dec 28 - Mon Jan 1st)

Perth Glory Vs Adelaide United

BET

PERTH GLORY / ADELAIDE DRAW @ $3-30 :clap

PERTH DRAW NO BET @ $2-15 :clap

Aaaah Perth do the right thing and force the draw :ok Whichever way you look at it Adelaide are disappointing away from home.

Re: Australian A League Round 18 (Thu Dec 28 - Mon Jan 1st) Unbelievable end to the match with the two Perth players Jamie Harnwell (the captain) and Adrian Webster, the two were punching shit out of each other. Not sure what it was about but Harnwell was very pissed off and was throwing full punches at his team mate. Very very strange, all the Perth players jumped in to stop it :loon

Crikey! You think the Captain would know better surely :loon
Dunno how longer he will be captain to be honest, this fight was serious. He was actually connecting punches to Websters head, was very vicious. Its going to be fairly interesting to see the aftermath of this

Well done BJV. Obviously you saw something that i didn't and you were rewarded for it :clap
Cheers Crow :ok Think you were on the right track and Adelaide were apparently unlucky to score. I didn't expect Adelaide to lose, but wasn't sure if they would have enough chances to win, that's why I went with the draw. Perth probably didn't deserve to win either, so probably a fair result.

Re: Australian A League Round 18 (Thu Dec 28 - Mon Jan 1st) I'll third that Ads. Great work tipping the draw as nobody else fancied it. Unbelievable scenes at the end of the game too. Clearly a club that has some issues to deal with, which I must say isn't a good thing for the game given that the Knights are in some trouble too.

ADELAIDE VS PERTH Have played 7 games. 6/7 overs 1/7 unders. Adelaide - Played 8 away games Only scored 4 goals & conceeded 9. Perth - Played 7 games at home Scored 12 goals & conceeded 7. Kovacevic is out so may leave some open holes for Adelaide. Perth conceed 1 goal a game, while Adelaide conceed also 1 goal a game. Hard to pick a win. Going on history, Adelaide should win this as they have a good record in Perth but struggle to score away. Prediction: Both teams to score Ill also take Over 2.5 @1.9
congrats , keep it going :lol

Re: Australian A League Round 18 (Thu Dec 28 - Mon Jan 1st) Queensland Roar @ NZ Knights: Haha, talk about charity. Ok this time it is in NZ. Granted, but after all the turmoil that saw NZ lose 4-0 to Melbourne Victory (4 goals conceded in a 9 minute period) there is no way in hell they (NZ) will be able to bounce back against a team desperate to prove their worth to their new coach Frank Farina. Add to NZ having 15 of their players up and leave the club, they are also missing Scot Gemmill (hamstring), Greg Duruz (knee), Adam Casey (hamstring) and Sime Kovacevic (knee). Haha poor bastards. Get on QLD ROAR for the win. Get on QLD ROAR -1. Get on over 2.5 Goals.

congrats ' date=' keep it going :lol[/quote'] There's no need for that kind of ridicule in here cristianebt. At least Bozz had a crack and gave his tip, I didn't see yours anywhere. If multiple people are giving different tips then some people will get some right and some people will get some wrong. It's the nature of the beast. Rather than taking the piss on someone for their tipping, post some tips of your own so we can see how good you are. I see you have only had around 8 posts so will put it down to inexperience, but please don't come in here having a go at someone for a losing tip when they are at least trying to provide some input into the thread. :welcome to the A League thread but can you please be more constructive next time and offer your own thoughts on a game rather than ridiculing someone else's efforts.

Queensland Roar @ NZ Knights: Haha, talk about charity. Ok this time it is in NZ. Granted, but after all the turmoil that saw NZ lose 4-0 to Melbourne Victory (4 goals conceded in a 9 minute period) there is no way in hell they (NZ) will be able to bounce back against a team desperate to prove their worth to their new coach Frank Farina. Add to NZ having 15 of their players up and leave the club, they are also missing Scot Gemmill (hamstring), Greg Duruz (knee), Adam Casey (hamstring) and Sime Kovacevic (knee). Haha poor bastards. Get on QLD ROAR for the win. Get on QLD ROAR -1. Get on over 2.5 Goals.
Hard to know what the Knights are going to do lately, but I would expect Farina will have Queensland ready to go, especially after the Knights beat them last time.

Re: Australian A League Round 18 (Thu Dec 28 - Mon Jan 1st) Thanx Ads and Oscar re tipping the draw. I was thinking Adelaide until I seen their shot inefficiency away from home and that's what swayed me against taking Adelaide for the win. Sometimes it works out right :ok Bozz! Look forward to more of your input over the weekend :cheers

Re: Australian A League Round 18 (Thu Dec 28 - Mon Jan 1st) New Zealand Knights v Queensland Roar Friday 29 December 8.00pm NZDT (6.00pm (AEDT), 5.00pm AEST (Qld only), 5.30pm ACDT, 4.00pm AWDT) North Harbour Stadium, Auckland New Zealand Squad: 12. Mark PASTON (gk) 2.Darren BAZELEY (Captain) 4.Che BUNCE 6. Neil EMBLEN 7.Richard JOHNSON 8.Scot GEMMILL 11.Jonti RICHTER 13. Jonas SALLEY 14. Malik BUARI 16. Noah HICKEY 18. Michael WHITE 20. Michael TURNBULL (gk) 22. John TAMBOURAS 28. Alen MARCINA 31. Leilei GAO 33. Dean GORDON *One to be omitted In: Darren Bazeley (promoted), Che Bunce (promoted), Neil Emblen (promoted), Scot Gemmill (return from injury), Malik Buari (promoted), Michael Turnbull (promoted) Out: Li Yan (omitted), Fernando De Moraes (short-term contract concluded), Dustin Wells (short-term contract concluded), Jeff Fleming (Short-term contract concluded), Steven O’Dor (short-term contract concluded), Nick Crossley (short-term concluded) Others Unavailable: Dani Rodrigues (knee - season), Sean Devine (back – season), Adam Casey (hamstring 1-2 weeks), Sime Kovacevic (knee – 4-5 weeks), Greg Duruz (knee – 1-2 weeks) Queensland Squad: 20.Liam REDDY (gk) 2.Andrew PACKER 3.Remo BUESS 5.Josh McCLOUGHAN 6.Stuart McLAREN 9.Simon LYNCH 10.Ante MILICIC 11.REINALDO 13.Spase DILEVSKI 14.Ben GRIFFIN 15.Matthew McKAY 16.Hyuk-Su SEO 17.Damian MORI 18.Dario VIDOSIC 24.Griffin McMASTER (gk) In: Spase Dilevski (return from foot injury), Griffin McMaster (gk) (new short-term contract signing) Out: Tom Willis (shoulder – 2-4 weeks), Chris Grossman (end of short-term contract) Others Unavailable: Massimo Murdocca (foot injury – 2 weeks) Impending stats, facts and trivia Queensland Roar goalkeeper LIAM REDDY is set to make his 100th appearance at national league level. 25-year-old Reddy commenced his national league career at Parramatta Power in March 2001, and has made 13 Hyundai A-League appearances so far this season after joining the Roar from Newcastle Jets in mid-2006.

Re: Australian A League Round 18 (Thu Dec 28 - Mon Jan 1st) New Zealand Knights v Queensland Roar Date: Friday December 29 Kick-off (local time): 8.00pm Venue: North Harbour Stadium Radio coverage: Radio Sport New Zealand (www.radiosport.co.nz) 1332 AM Auckland Head-to-head Five league meetings: Queensland - 3 wins, New Zealand - 1 win, 1 draw Previous meeting New Zealand 1 Queensland 0 (North Harbour Stadium, Hyundai A-League round 11, November 2006) Last five results New Zealand: Loss - Loss - Draw - Draw - Loss Queensland: Loss - Loss - Win - Loss - Win Analysis New Zealand Knights coach Ricki Herbert was forced into making massive personnel changes two weeks ago against Melbourne Victory and his plans for this Friday's clash with Queensland Roar have also been less than ideal. But even with the Knights' off-field administration in turmoil, somehow the New Zealand players must focus on the possibility of finishing as closely as possible to Perth Glory which currently occupies seventh position. Only five members of the Kiwis' original 20-player squad were in action against the Victory with a further two players - Australian under-20 international defender Stephen O'Dor and All White midfielder Jeff Fleming - handed their Hyundai A-League debuts. Another player, defender John Tambouras, was back playing for the club he represented 18 times in the league last season while passionate New Zealander Noah Hickey was granted the captaincy in the absence of Darren Bazeley. The good news for Herbert is the form of goalkeeper Mark Paston and the energy of upfront duo Alen Marcina and Leilei Gao as his side battles to repeat the victory then coach Paul Nevin masterminded over the Roar back in round 11. Frank Farina's concerns in Queensland are certainly not as weighty but after sneaking past the 10-men Mariners a fortnight ago, the Roar remain right in the chasing pack for fourth place and a berth in the minor semi-final. Young Socceroos striker Dario Vidosic's double might have been enough to keep out the returning Spase Dilevski who should be fit enough to be recalled after missing two rounds with a bruised heel. Defender Sasa Ognenovski will be back in contention following two weeks on the sidelines with an ankle strain with midfielder Marcus Wedau is close to a return after a hamstring problem. New Zealand, meanwhile, still has major concerns over Scot Gemmill (hamstring), Greg Duruz (knee), Adam Casey (hamstring) and Sime Kovacevic (knee). A League Website Review

Re: Australian A League Round 18 (Thu Dec 28 - Mon Jan 1st) I fancy a draw in tonights match, 9 mins spell in Mlb apart the Knights have been getting much better at the back. they drew their last 2 matches before losing to the victory. They have a better manager and Gao is starting to look a real threat upfront. 1-1 for me tonight.

Re: Australian A League Round 18 (Thu Dec 28 - Mon Jan 1st) New Zealand vs Queensland Hardly worth doing a preview here as Queensland will win this convincingly. Queensland must win to keep its finals hopes alive and under Frank Farina they are now slowly improving and returning to the form from their solid start earleir in the year. New Zealand troubles have been well publicised, they lost their license in the league a fortnight ago so its expected that they will be booted from the league come seasons end unless a financial backer steps in, but that would have to be a miracle to happen. Their squad is a shambles, they have only won 2 games for the season and only 5 games in the clubs entire history. But ironically New Zealand won 1-0 last time they met at this ground 7 weeks ago which spelt the end of the former Queensland manager. Things have changed now as New Zealands best players are out injured and they have got several guys in on short term contracts to make up the numbers. The injury list includes Adam Casey, Danny Rodrigues, Shaun Devine and Greg Duruz. These are the Knights best players, expecially Devine and CAsey and without them they have no attacking players whatsoever. ITs good news for Queensland with Spase Dilevski returning. Goalkeeper Tom Willis is out for 4 weeks, but he is only a backup keeper anyway and their main keeper Liam Reddy is among the best in the league, coincidentally he is celebrating his 100th match tonight. Apart from that they have a full strength side. Queensland will utterly destroy an injury depleted, zero morale, pathetic New Zealand line up tonight by a big margin, so my suggestion is take the $1.47 thats on offer while you can because thats good value. Also take Queensland on the EH at $2.40 because i cant believe my eyes with that price. Infact that will be my main bet here, also the OVer 2.5 goals at $1.77 is another good shot. Pick Queensland -1 EH at $2.40 - (7/10) Pick Over 2.5 at $1.77 - (5/10)

Re: Australian A League Round 18 (Thu Dec 28 - Mon Jan 1st) This is extremely massive aftertiming, but earlier this year when the Roar hosted the Knights I backed them to win 5-0 @ $81 and thanks to Matty McKay in just snuck in. As such, whenever these teams meet I feel compelled to make this bet. Not quite sure what if anything else I'll take, but as Ads has mentioned Qld -1 looks strong too.

Thanx Ads and Oscar re tipping the draw. I was thinking Adelaide until I seen their shot inefficiency away from home and that's what swayed me against taking Adelaide for the win. Sometimes it works out right :ok Bozz! Look forward to more of your input over the weekend :cheers
Cheers Beejayville You win some, you lose some!

Re: Australian A League Round 18 (Thu Dec 28 - Mon Jan 1st) Bets for the match: QLD -1 @ $1.825 (Bet 365 - This is the traditional -1, and not the effectual -1.5 that's at Centrebet) QLD 5-0 @ $51 Centrebet Everything about these bets has pretty much been covered so I wont go through them again. Considering Matt McKay ($12) or Ben Griffin ($41) for first goal but not too sure yet

New Zealand troubles have been well publicised, they lost their license in the league a fortnight ago so its expected that they will be booted from the league come seasons end unless a financial backer steps in, but that would have to be a miracle to happen.
Ads, the FFA are comitted to a NZ team in the A-league, it is very likely the Knights (in some form) will be in the league next year. It's simply economics, there simply isn't a new team in australia that has the potential to match a decent NZ team in cash terms. Canbarra or Cairns ?? 300,000 people, vs 1,500,000 in Auckland. Not going to happen. In economic terms, Auckland can really be considered the 4th major city on the Aussie east coast, it's certainly a lot faster to get to Auckland from Sydney, than going to Perth. The marketing and advertisers will decide and they'll go with market size.
Queensland will utterly destroy an injury depleted, zero morale, pathetic New Zealand line up tonight by a big margin, so my suggestion is take the $1.47 thats on offer while you can because thats good value. Also take Queensland on the EH at $2.40 because i cant believe my eyes with that price. Infact that will be my main bet here, also the OVer 2.5 goals at $1.77 is another good shot.
Sure, they're favs, but the Knights are in no way, zero morale or pathetic. the interim manager Ricki Herbert, is a very respected coach (he also coaches the national team), I hear training has gone well this week, the players have wanted him in from the start of the season, and have really responded well. Win Lose or Draw, i think the Knights will give a decent showing tonight, and you are badly under rating them. On current form, I'd say they are no worse than Perth. for example (who also have their license revoked btw)
These are the Knights best players, expecially Devine and CAsey and without them they have no attacking players whatsoever.
I'd never really rated Devine, and am much happier with Gao in the team, he offers some real pace, and can beat a man.

Re: Australian A League Round 18 (Thu Dec 28 - Mon Jan 1st) Well broke down, wasnt execting that kind of response AJ :loon You raise some good points. There are some good markets in Australia for a new team, perhaps a team in Wollongong. A team in North Queensland could also be on the agenda, perhaps around Brisbane/Townsville way. Or even Cairns for that matter. What about a team up in the Northern Territory or a Tasmanian team? A second Melbourne team would even be more viable. All im saying is there are many areas to look at around Australia and i just dont think we need a New Zealand team in the league, or at least until they can get their act together and put out a team that are capable of winning matches rather than once every 10 weeks. Maybe i was a bit harsh in saying they are pathetic, but come on, their lineup tonight looks embarassing compared to Queensland and i really think they will trounce them. Devine has been a handy player for them, sure he is no superstar but if he was fit he would be a certainty to start in the 11. Casey is arguably their best player and he is missing. Im sure in 2 hours from now we will know more as the match is due to kick off very shortly. :ok

Re: Australian A League Round 18 (Thu Dec 28 - Mon Jan 1st) Whilst Herbert may have an effect, I think the benefits or Farina getting some time off to shape the squad will be more influential. His first couple of games he didn't have a great deal of time to work with the team, but I think coming into this last stanza of the season will be the time his presence will have the most effect. As for the Knights as a club, what happens if they ever win the A-League? Do they get to play the AFC Champions League, even though NZ is part of Oceania? It seems a bit messy to me.

Re: Australian A League Round 18 (Thu Dec 28 - Mon Jan 1st) Well it's very early yet, but at least they are working hard, and are committed. Thats all I can ask from them, before they reminded me of the English cricket team, doomed to defeat before they set foot on the padock. It's a mental thing.