Tennis Week 1

ADELAIDE - 31 December 2006 - 7 January 2007 (Outdoor Hard)

Main Draw<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Name

Country

WR

DOB

Nieminen Jarkko

FIN

23 July 1981

Djokovic Novak

SRB

22 May 1987

Gasquet Richard

FRA

18 June 1986

Stepanek Radek

CZE

27 November 1978

Hewitt Lleyton

AUS

24 February 1981

Hrbaty Dominik

SVK

4 January 1978

Clement Arnaud

FRA

17 December 1977

Simon Gilles

FRA

27 December 1984

Mathieu Paul-Henri

FRA

12 January 1982

Mayer Florian

GER

5 October 1983

Becker Benjamin

GER

16 June 1981

Serra Florent

FRA

28 February 1981

Tipsarevic Janko

SRB

22 June 1984

Goldstein Paul

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />USA

4 August 1976

Spadea Vincent

USA

19 July 1974

Hajek Jan

CZE

7 August 1983

Hernych Jan

CZE

7 July 1979

Vassallo Arguello Martin

ARG

10 February 1980

Dancevic Frank

CAN

26 September 1984

Del Potro Juan Martin

ARG

23 September 1988

Kunitsyn Igor

RUS

30 September 1981

Delic Amer

USA

30 June 1982

Dlouhy Lukas

CZE

9 April 1983

Vanek Jiri

CZE

24 April 1978

Johansson Joachim

SWE

193 1 July 1982
"Adelaide will be the first tournament on the ATP Tour to trial the 32-player round-robin format. The tournament will start with a 16-man play-off involving four qualifiers plus the 12 lowest-ranked direct entrants. The eight winners will go through to a 24-player round-robin draw, involving groups of 3, from which the winners will advance to quarter-finals played under the traditional elimination format." "Recent winners include Florent Serra in 2006, Joachim Johansson (2005), Dominik Hrbaty (2004), Nikolay Davydenko (2003), Tim Henman (2002), Tommy Haas (2001) and Lleyton Hewitt in 1998 & 2000." There is a new surface on the centre court and sources say that is quicker and with a lower bounce on the ball then before. Qatar ExxonMobile Open - Doha - 1 January - 6 January (Outdoor Hard) Davydenko, Ljubicic, Haas, Grosjean, Murray, Baggy, Youzhny, Soderling, Vliegen, Wawrinka and so on.... "Recent winners include Roger Federer in 2005 & 2006, Nicolas Escude (2004), Stefan Koubek (2003), Younes El Eynaoui (2002), Marcelo Rios (2001) and Fabrice Santoro in 2000" Slow courts with high bounce on the ball. You instantly pay for misstakes and it's important to be patient, very hard to predict winners in some games. Chennai Open - 1 January - 6 January (Outdoor Hard) Nadal, Andreev, Nalbandian, Moya, Srichaphan, Malisse, Santaro, Bennetau and so on.......... "Recent winners include Ivan Ljubicic in 2006, Carlos Moya (2004 & 2005), Paradorn Srichaphan (2003), Guillermo Canas (2002), Michal Tabara (2001) and Jerome Golmard in 2000." Quick courts with high bounce and balls tends to fly. All the asian players like it here and they got a great support from the fans. Srichaphan has been in four concecutive finals from 2002-2005. Moya also likes it here and has won 14 of his last 15 matches here at Chennai. Hopman Cup - 30 December 2006 - 5 January 2007 "The Hopman Cup is an ITF sanctioned event in which 2 groups of 4 take part in a round-robin format tournament with the group winners advancing to the final. Each team consists of one male player and one female player. Each match-up between two teams consists of 1 women's singles match, 1 men's singles match and 1 mixed doubles match."
Russia Spain
Nadia Petrova Dmitry Tursunov Anabel Medina Garrigues Tommy Robredo
Czech Republic USA
Lucie Safarova Tomas Berdych Venus Williams Mardy Fish
Croatia Australia
Sanja Ancic Mario Ancic Alicia Molik Mark Philippoussis
Germany India
Martina Muller Nicolas Kiefer Sania Mirza Rohan Bopanna
It sounds like a great tournament to waste some money on and the americans like it here.. I'll get back after the draws...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis Week 1 Since I am an Aussie Duck, well not an Aussie duck, an Aussie, I might be able to assist you with some news from down under with regards to the tennis here. The Australian open is held about an hour down the road from me, and is a big event here nowadays, so I might get to hear some snippets of info that you might not otherwise hear. So I am happy to source out some info for you if needed, just ask and i will do what i can. I used to follow the tennis all the time but have lost touch a bit, but might get more active cos you are doing a great job with your tennis threads. :ok The tennis also gets good coverage here, especially the minor Aussie events such as the Adelaide one you mentioned and the Hopman Cup. Look forward to making some money on your suggestions Duck :cheers

Re: Tennis Week 1 Thanks Beejayville, but I don't want you to waste your time trying to find out information for me...I got my snitches everywhere and I get news about everything, from fixed games, to anabola users, what they are eating for dinner, how they did on practice and even whos ****in who. Plus I'm watching like 1000 tennis games each year...man..it's almost impossible to be unsuccessfull...lol... This year I'm gonna bet on fewer games but they are gonna be more well thought then before. Wasted too much stakes last year on fixed russian games, chokers and on players so tired they hardly couldn't stand up at the end of the year (does the paris masters ring a bell?...hehe)

Re: Tennis Week 1 in wta tour,there will be medibank tournoment in week 2 i think.What i want to say is we must be careful about kim clijsters this year.This is the last season of her career.I think she wants to end her career at top level.Last year was very bad season for her.

Re: Tennis Week 1 Sania Mirza - Lucie Safarova Hopman Cup 2007 Individual Matches Sania Mirza played some great tennis in the Asian Games and won two silver medals. She had straight-sets wins over Tanasugarn, Tulyaganova, Chan, Yoo, Viratprasert and Na Li before running out of gas and falling to Zheng in the Final (according to reports) and this is what her trainer said about her performance and condition lately: "I am ecstatic about the way she is going ahead of the physical conditioning schedule. She is determined to get everything right on the court now. There is no scope for any flaws," Mirza's own comments about her play and current form: "I am a lot fitter now and am getting to play more balls. I am not leaving any space on the court for my opponents to exploit". Her opponents ending of the season was nothing more then a dissapointmen and even though Mirza has a poor record vs lefties like Safarova she's worth betting with her current form and condition for that price. Sania Mirza - 1.83 @ Blue Square 7/10

Re: Tennis Week 1 Hi Donald, thanks for the work going into this, i look forward to following your seasons predictions with success. :hope Just wondering where the best place to put a bet on such as the one above? Betfair are only offering markets based on the country betting but not for individual matches and Ladbrokes don't even have the Hopan Cup as an open market. :sad

Re: Tennis Week 1 you gotta wait until the day before on most bookies unfortunately...currently only Stan James, Blue Square and Bet365 have this market right now but Blue Square has the best price..IMO its not worth betting on this match at prices below 1.75... always check www.betbrain.com to see wich bookie has the event avaible at the moment and at what price.......

Re: Tennis Week 1

you gotta wait until the day before on most bookies unfortunately...currently only Stan James, Blue Square and Bet365 have this market right now but Blue Square has the best price..IMO its not worth betting on this match at prices below 1.75... always check www.betbrain.com to see wich bookie has the event avaible at the moment and at what price.......
Cheers fella. :ok

Re: Tennis Week 1 Safarova - Mirza 2.41 Pinnacle I'm going the opposite way here.I don't see Mirza as a favourite hereand her wins at Asian Games don't impress me much.Pinnacle is givingSafarova about 40% chances to win.I see it more like 50/50 and value ison Safarova's side for me.H2H is 1:0 for Safarova as she won againstMirza in 3 sets at Forest Hills 2005.

Re: Tennis Week 1 Hi guys, We start the new year with the following picks: WTA TOUR, GOLD COAST WOMENS HARDCOURT STOSUR TO D PENG @ 1.57 on sportingbet.com / sportingodds.com WTA TOUR, GOLD COAST WOMENS HARDCOURT DANIILIDOU TO D KOSTANIC @ 1.44 on pinnacle Samantha Stosur always plays great on her home courts in Australian hard court season. In 2005 she was a finalist of both Gold Coast and Sydney and last year she has reached last 16 at AOpen. The H2H is 1:0 to Stosur winning on clay in 2006, which is Stosur's worst surface. The H2H is 5:0 to Daniilidou in matches and 10:0 in sets. Daniilidou had a very improved season in 2006 reaching top 35 ranking again and probably will continue her improvement in 2007. Regards, www.WinningTipster.com

Re: Tennis Week 1 Romina Oprandi - Laura Granville The price on most bookies has dropped to 1.40-1.45 but you can still bind above 1.70 @ Bet365, Interwetten & Centrebet. Not much to discuss here as it's a pure value bet as Oprandi really has no positive results on this surface and the talent and expeperience of Granville should be too much for her. Laura Granville - 1.73 @ Betfred 6/10 Elena Vesnina vs Katarina Srebotnik Elena Vesnina was lucky in last match where her opponent had 7 breakballs but couldn't convert single one while she converted her first. Srebotnik played some good matches last year and Vesnina who isn't the best returner should have problems with Srebotniks good serves. Katarina Srebotnik - 1.58 @ Centrebet 10/10 Jill Craybas vs Gisela Dulko Dulko did a great job beating a higly motivated Myskina with 6-1, 6-7, 6-2 and she broke her serve 10 times. Dulko is slightly more talented and more experienced player and should take this but since she won a little bit too easy yesterday vs Myskina I'm keeping the stakes low. Gisela Dulko - 1.95 @ Centrebet 7/10

EventWTA Gold Coast Round 2: Costano v Li
SelectionLi to win in straight sets
Strength10/10
Date02/01/2007
Bookmaker/PriceCentrebet @ 1.70 (Back)
ReasoningTowards the end of the year Na Li was really hitting some great form. I am sure she will carry on that form here in Australia. The last time these two met, Li won 6-1, 6-0 at Berlin (2006).
Glad tennis is back, and glad your back into it Donald. Love your tips. I live 10 minutes from the Australian Open, so it's not to late to come crash and bet up a storm. :D

Re: Tennis Week 1 hehe...I dont like the tournaments played right now...too many played at too many locations...and 90% of the games are played while I'm at sleep so I get confused with dates and times and miss games I wanted to bet on....and you know that they always turn up to be winners...somehow...lol

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventAlmagro - Bjorkman
SelectionBjorkman
Strength10/10
Date02/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.81 (Back)
ReasoningOld man Bjorki is not so bad on fast surfaces and he can make an upset here.Especially against such players as Almagro who is rather clay player.They were playing at the end of the previous year and then match ended in 3 sets.Al of this sets were tb.This match should be more open than the odds are suggesting and I'm going to try Bjorkman here.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventMirnyi - Wawrinka
SelectionMirnyi
Strength10/10
Date02/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.84 (Back)
ReasoningAt those odds I see value in Mirnyi.Wawrinka might have a problems against this big server and this should be really interesting match.Mirnyi has for sure greater chances here than the odds are suggesting.