Tennis Week 1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis Week 1 Julien Benneteau vs Igor Andreev I really don't know why Andreev is favorite for this match specially after his rather poor performance vs Giraldo in the second set where he managed to drop his serve twice. The odds on Bennetau is well worth a try but of course we must keep stakes low since Benneteau is a choker and a clown. Julien Benneteau - 2.19 @ Pinnacle 6/10 Andrew Murray vs Max Mirnyi Murray has been one lucky guy this week as he's been sick but his opponents where simply too poor to take him out. He says that he felt better yesterday then the day before but unless he's 100% fit I think he's going to have problems beating Mirnyi and I just can't resist the price. Max Mirnyi - 3.59 @ Pinnacle 4/10

Re: Tennis Week 1 I bet on a treble today - only 1-2 bets: Robin Söderling - Marcos Baghdatis Carlos Moya - Ivo Karlovic Michail Juschni - Ivan Ljubicic Resoning Söderling - Baghdatis Baghdatis is back and in a good form.In the H2H Soderling is infront 1-0. He won also on Hardcourt in New Haven/USA last August in a 3 set Fight.But imo Baghdatis is too strong for the swedish player.Marcos won very notedly versus Ruben Hidalgo in his 2nd Match (6-2,6-0) and one round before versus the german Kohlschreiber 6-4 and 7-5.Söderling had a 3 set Match last Round versus Garcia-Lopez 4-6,6-0,6-3. I see Baghdatis as winner in this match. Carlos Moya - Ivo Karlovic My 2 3 set bets from yesterday :tongue2. but both defeated their opponent in 2 sets.Moya won versus Kim easy 6-4,6-3 and Karlovic won versus the danish player Pless with more work than Moya 7-6,7-6. The H2H say 2-0 for Moya.But 2 Matches were in 2004, 2 1/2 years back. Moya won both meetings in 3 Set Fights 2-1 and 2-1. I think that Moya has the better form at the moment and he has more power for the 3rd Round. Michail Juschni - Ivan Ljubicic I saw Ljubicic versus the german Gremelmayr in his first match.He performed good and Gremelmayr had no Chance Ljuubicic controlled the match all the time. The H2H: 0-4.It looks that the russian Juschni can´t win versus Ljubicic.Last Matches were in 2006.Juschni won both meetings on Hardcourt 0-2 and 0-2 (Cincinnati/USA and Zagreb/Croatia).Can´t see that Juschni will win this meeting - versus his fear-opponent.They´ll play at Center Court, Live on Eurosport :ok 12.30am. Ljubicic as winner here. Medium stake on this treble :)

Re: Tennis Week 1

Andrew Murray vs Max Mirnyi Murray has been one lucky guy this week as he's been sick but his opponents where simply too poor to take him out. He says that he felt better yesterday then the day before but unless he's 100% fit I think he's going to have problems beating Mirnyi and I just can't resist the price. Max Mirnyi - 3.59 @ Pinnacle 4/10
Agree with you Donald. Saw Murray in his last match versus Christoph Rochus.Both players started very poor in this match.No activity - but Rochus was the baddest player on the Court.Murray aren´t good too.If Rochus showed that he´s the Routinier on the Court Murray had not everytime an answer for that.But Rochus didn´t use his Expierence.I think Mirny will not make the same mistake here. Single bet on Mirny - small :ok good luck

SportTennis
EventRazzano - Zvonareva
SelectionRazzano
Strength10/10
Date03/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.45 (Back)
ReasoningGreat value on Razzano here.She is playing great so far at Auckland winning five matches so far.All in straight sets and yesterday she won against Hantuchova.Zvonareva is not so bad either but she had few problems against Osterloh in 1st round and then she won against Granville in the 2nd round in straight sets.All in all Razzano is in great shape and she can give hard times to Vera.H2H is 2:1 for Razzano but all matches so far were played on clay.Only thing which bothers me is that in the previous year Zvonareva made it to the final here in Auckland and this year she is defending her points so she can be motivated well.But Razzano should fight hard and she has for sure bigger chances than the odds are suggesting.I missed her yesterday when she won against Hantuchova so I'm not gonna miss her again if she would won this one :)
She retiered :eyes ..Thatswhy I don´t bet on WTA :unsure

None of you guys seem to be fans of Andy Murray do you!:lol
:lol .. sounds so. Murray is a good player,maybe the new right opponent for Federer but not 2007. 2009 or 2010 will be his time. With 23 or 24 of age. I must stake on Mirny. He´s good and have a lot expierence to beat the youngster from Scotland. ;)

:lol .. sounds so. Murray is a good player,maybe the new right opponent for Federer but not 2007. 2009 or 2010 will be his time. With 23 or 24 of age. I must stake on Mirny. He´s good and have a lot expierence to beat the youngster from Scotland. ;)
Agreed. Mirnyi is a good player and am surprised he is such a big outsider. Definitely worth a bet

Koubek won versus Srichaphan 6-1 and 6-2. :eek:eek:eek
he was injured just like Santoro...but Santoro won and Scriclown lost...I always bet on the wrong dude when it comes to things like this...hehe Benneclown starts match by breaking Andreev serve and then gives Andreev three breakball to breakb back...duh...seriously...remind me not to bet on clowns like this...hehe

SportTennis
EventDavydenko vs Rochus
SelectionDavydenko to win 2-0
Strength10/10
Date04/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.86 (Back)
ReasoningDavydenko is 2-0 H2H, both convincingly. Once on Clay in the French Open, the other time on hard court last year. Davydenko looked extremely good against Jonas Bjorkman (6-4, 6-3) and I think will be too much for Rochus who had any easy time against an unknown.

Michail Juschni - Ivan Ljubicic I saw Ljubicic versus the german Gremelmayr in his first match.He performed good and Gremelmayr had no Chance Ljuubicic controlled the match all the time. The H2H: 0-4.It looks that the russian Juschni can´t win versus Ljubicic.Last Matches were in 2006.Juschni won both meetings on Hardcourt 0-2 and 0-2 (Cincinnati/USA and Zagreb/Croatia).Can´t see that Juschni will win this meeting - versus his fear-opponent.They´ll play at Center Court, Live on Eurosport :ok 12.30am. Ljubicic as winner here.
:clap ... but the Moya Match is timed for tomorrow :$ .. didn´t see that this morning ...:(

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventDavydenko - Rochus
SelectionDavydenko 2:0
Strength10/10
Date04/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.76 (Back)
ReasoningDavydenko is in pretty good form and he is taking this tournament seriously.He won so far against Lee and Bjorkman is straight sets.Rochus is not so bad either but today he will have much harder task than before.They were playing against each other last year at New Haven and then Davydenko easilly won 6:4 6:2.Today he should do the same I hope.

Re: Tennis Week 1 Novak Djokovic vs Paul Goldstein Djokovic is a great talent and all that but I still think Goldstein is underrated for this match. He plays some of his best tennis with good serve and he's fighting and he's well motivated. We all know that Djokovic can be a choker sometimes so I can't resist the price on Goldstein. Remember Paris Masters? Paul Goldstein - 4.33 @ Bet365 2/10 Joachim Johansson vs Vincent Spadea Pim-Pim is nuttin but pure crap without his serve, we saw a great example of that vs Serra and Spadea has really good return game. So only way for Pim-Pim to win this is if he keeps serving great with lots of aces and no double-faults. Vincent Spadea - 2.75 @ Bet365 3/10 Igor Kunitsyn vs Juan Martin Del Potro I've been nagging all week about Del Potros current form and I'm sticking to it. He did a great match again yesterday vs Mathieu (exept 2nd set....lol) and I'm expecting a new great performance for him. Kunitsyns win over Hewitt was a suprise but not a big one since Hewitt himself told that he wasn't 100% ready for the tennis season and he was actually serving for the match in the second set at 6-5 in the second set, only to choke big time and be broken back to love. Juan Martin Del Potro - 1.73 @ Betfred 7/10

Re: Tennis Week 1 nice job Goldstein...dropping 4-2 to 4-5 and then 40-15 to 40-A and making a double-fault...it looks like it's impossible to win on my underdog bets...lol...when I bet on the underdog...go all-in on the favorite...you should be a biljonare in no-time.... and second set..he starts by breaking djokos serve...gets broken back to love......motherocker choker goldstein

nice job Goldstein...dropping 4-2 to 4-5 and then 40-15 to 40-A and making a double-fault...it looks like it's impossible to win on my underdog bets...lol...when I bet on the underdog...go all-in on the favorite...you should be a biljonare in no-time.... and second set..he starts by breaking djokos serve...gets broken back to love......motherocker choker goldstein
Get a piece of Soderling to beat Ljubicic tonight :ok - $2.45

Get a piece of Soderling to beat Ljubicic tonight :ok - $2.45
hehe...I'm already on that... Ivan Ljubicic vs Robin Soderling Ljubicic had a tough quarterfinal match yesterday vs Youzhny a match that could end both ways. He had some problems with his main weapon, his serves and he was complaining about them before the match so I see a great value on Soderling if Ljubicic can't get his serves to work perfecly to this match. The way Soderling played yesterday vs Baggy he could definitely take this. Robin Soderling - 2.50 @ Bet365 3/10

Benneteau J. - Koubek St. 05/01/07 12:00 1,55 2,20
Malisse X. - Santoro F. 05/01/07 12:00 1,40 2,70
Nadal R. - Sanguinetti D. 05/01/07 12:00 1,02 10,00
Moya C. - Karlovic I. 05/01/07 12:00 1,45 2,50
any estimations on this?

Re: Tennis Week 1 Julien Benneteau vs Stefan Koubek Benneteau did his job yesterday and I'm going to try him again since I'm not impressed with Koubeks with over Scrichaphan yesterday as he was injured. The thai couldn't hit single ball on his backhand. Benneteau should take this but again keep stakes low since he's a big choker. Julien Benneteau - 1.67 @ Centrebet 7/10 Carlos Moya vs Ivo Karlovic Moya is playing better then last season so far but he's still nothing special and yesterday he had some problems with Kim Kevis and his like 10 breakballs. Karlovic was a real cannon yesterday as he fired off 26 aces (2.17 every game) and should give Moya major problems if he can repeat that today as well. Ivo Karlovic - 2.75 @ Paddy Power 6/10 Xavier Malisse vs Fabrice Santoro Malisse was foot faulted 4 times and smashed a racket in frustration against Galvani...ahahaha...Santaros back problems seems to be over since he trashed Phau och even though H2H is 3-0 to Malisse you can never trust that clown so I'm going for the tastier price with small stakes. Fabrice Santoro - 3.34 @ Pinnacle 3/10

Re: Tennis Week 1 hello boys! how are you donald duck?? i hope everything ok with private life...thats very important;) you see...finally soderling showed the unexpected "extraordinary" as i described it,he played for 56 minutes equally to federer,just not to say even better, Doha semis Soderling vs Ljubicic if the swedish repeats the yesterday's performance,then no doupt he can beat ljubo easily, but i dont think so, today is another day,and robin probably will return to his normall level,i can not imagine to see him playing like this in two games in a row,if so...federer must start to worry:ok my pick : Ljubicic Murray vs Davydenko this clash reminds me the nightmare of us open,where i invested huge amount of money on briton's win...everybody knows the result,after a "two days" game,murray lost rather easily.i will insist to my initial vew,that the russian isnt something special, murray seems to be an arising star of tennis (along with others of course) my pick : Murray good luck, and have a nice day all:clap :clap :clap