Tennis Week 1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis Week 1 Been unlucky for a while...let's se how long it's gonna continue...lol Yvonne Meusburger v Camille Pin 23:00 CET - ASB Classic The H2H is 4-0 for Camille Pin and they where all straight set wins. She's on a 14 match winning streak and qualified here without dropping a set so I'm hoping for a new win with her current form. Camille Pin - 1.53 @ Centrebet & Fonbet 10/10

Re: Tennis Week 1 I staked on Davydenko - Lee 2 Set (Live). But it looks like a hard match for the russian :(. 3-4 in the first set for Lee. I also bet on Srichaphan to beat Bolleli from Italy. Starts in a half hour at the ATP Chennai (India).

Re: Tennis Week 1

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventAlmagro - Bjorkman
SelectionBjorkman
Strength10/10
Date02/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.81 (Back)
ReasoningOld man Bjorki is not so bad on fast surfaces and he can make an upset here.Especially against such players as Almagro who is rather clay player.They were playing at the end of the previous year and then match ended in 3 sets.Al of this sets were tb.This match should be more open than the odds are suggesting and I'm going to try Bjorkman here.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventMirnyi - Wawrinka
SelectionMirnyi
Strength10/10
Date02/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.84 (Back)
ReasoningAt those odds I see value in Mirnyi.Wawrinka might have a problems against this big server and this should be really interesting match.Mirnyi has for sure greater chances here than the odds are suggesting.
outstanding mate!!!!! Mirnyi won and Bjorkman winning.......have only Bjorkman single and hope I win

SportTennis
EventFabrice Santoro vs Bjorn Phau
SelectionBjorn Phau
Strength10/10
Date03/01/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.00 (Back)
ReasoningGood value in Phau considering he reached the semis in Chennai last year before losing in 3 sets to Carlos Moya. The H2H between the two is 1-1 and I think Santoro has seen better days in his career.

Re: Tennis Week 1 Mikhail Youzhny vs Gael Monfils Youzhny played good his last match winning most points on his first serve while Monfils had major problems with a tame Seppi. He got treatment for an ancle injury and didn't look in good shape at all. Only was Youzhny is gonna lose this is by purpose. Mikhail Youzhny - 1.83 @ Blue Square 10/10 1.80 @ Stan James 1.76 @ Pinnacle Andrew Murray vs Christophe Rochus Them stupid bookies must been watching different game from rest of the world since Murray is such a big favorite. The clown is suffering a clown and looked like he was going to crack under the pressure any second, looking very tired and out-of-shape. If Murray hasn't covered from his illness and plays the way he played vs Volandri he is going to get trashed. The only reason Volandri could win was because he's even a bigger clown then Murray. Christophe Rochus - 6.15 @ Pinnacle 5/10 Juan Martin Del Potro vs Jan Hernych Del Porto played well in his first match and served great and he's lookin to have an even better year this year, if he can only stay away from that steroids..lol He averaged 1 ace per service game and won 82% behind his first serve. If he can keep his serving at a high level like last match he should give Hernych some major problems since Hernych wasn't too impressive in his loss vs Mathiue. Juan Martin Del Potro - 1.58 @ Pinnacle 7/10 Joachim Johansson vs Gilles Simon "Obviously if I beat Gilles Simon two sets to love, then he might not have a chance to qualify" I don't know what kind of punk he is talking like that but he could loose one set on purpose for his homies sake. Joachim Johansson to win 2-1 - 4.00 @ Bet365 5/10 Since he lost first game this is a must win match for Johansson and I can't he how Gilles Simon should be a threat with Pim-Pims good serving. Joachim Johansson - 1.42 @ Pinnacle 10/10 Ivo Karlovic vs Kristian Pless Ok...Pless beat Nalbandian but Nalbandian won the first set without any sweat with 6-2 but then he got a injury on his left knee and could almost not even send the balls over the net according to reports. Karlovic served well and made 69% of 1st serves, winning 80% of the 1st serve points and making 1.27 aces per service game and should have the advantage in this match if he can repeat that. Ivo Karlovic - 1.90 @ Betway 6/10

Re: Tennis Week 1 Del Potro looks really good but these odds are a bit too low for me.I would go for that if this would be something like over 1.70.All in all Del Potro has all what it takes to win against Hernych and that's only up to him if he will take this one.Oh and I wouldn't back Youzhny with 10/10.He has great tournaments from time to time but he can also play crappy tennis and Monfils is not so bad really.

Re: Tennis Week 1 you got a point but I think I need to bet on a couple matches thats just comes to my mind, not thinking about value and stuff...beeing too many this week...matches I though of betting but didn't...and 10 won and 2 lost at various odds...thats the reason

Re: Tennis Week 1 Baghdatis v Ramirez i wathed the first match of baggy thnx to eurosport,also the murray against volandri.. i have noticed that the service problem it is continuing for the cypriot,in some moments he was serving totally with second ! is unbeleivable but truth,however,he improved his second service in a very impressive way,which makes this as a real weapon against any probable opponenet,i also noticed that baggy looks in forn,great shots,great movements on court,i guess he is prepairing to reach his maximum level during the aussie open,where he must defend the points he won last year, my prediction : Baghdatis to win by 2-0:clap :clap :clap good luck boys,expecting to see your posts xxx:clap :clap

Re: Tennis Week 1 Soderling v Garcia-L G is not an easy to predict,swed obviously is a favourite but many times disappointed us with his inconsistent performances,i atay away NO BET for me,although i predicted baghdatis v soderling in third round choice is yours ,for me NO BET Murray v Rochus c. it is clear tha briton is a class above all these players,imo he will try hardly to entry the top ten this year,i am not so sure,cause i dont think is great player agter all,we shall see...here i g with rochus to win at least a set,but it is an obvious no bet game,,,my advice is : try to trade here YOUZNHY V CAEL MONFILS just small proposal : i think cael should win this,but again the best option is live action and trading, this is a classical "trading" match,i am expecting a lot of upsets during the match good luck to all tennis punters:nana :nana see you later xxx

Re: Tennis Week 1 Max Mirnyi vs Marco Chiudinelli Mirnyi sent off Wawrinka yesterday but he needed some luck do manage that and I'm not sure if he's up to the challenge today. Chiudinelli had to qualify for this tournament and in the first round he defeated another qualifier. Qualifiers can always be a tought nut to crack and since Chiudinelli had a much easier match yesterday I can't skip the price but I keep the stakes low. Marco Chiudinelli - 2.50 @ Bet365 5/10

Re: Tennis Week 1 Yesterday my bet crashed, cause Rochus won versus the french Grosjean:cry Today some new try: Carlos Moya - Kevin Kim Davydenko - Bjorkman 3 sets Ivo Karlovic - Christian Pless 3 sets Federico Luzzi - O.Rochus Reasoning: Moya - Kim The us player isn´t bad but Moya on position 43 of World Ranking is the better player. Kim played some Challenger in the States after the ATP Season and lost versus horrible Players. Moya could jump to the Top 20 this year imo. The spanish Fighter will win Davydenko - Bjorkman 3 sets Bjorkman won versus Almagro in last Round. He´s better than last year,cause last year he lost the last match versus Almagro 1-2.He also won versus the russian, the stats are 0-1 for Bjorkman. I saw Davydenko yesterday versus Lee. He wasn´t very good versus the corean and had some problems with the weather. Bjorkman won 7-5 7-5. A good match. I think that these players will enter the next Level - and they´ll fight alot for that. See Bjorkman infront in this match.But the russian can push themself... 3 Set Fight here. Luzzi - Rochus Who´s Luzzi:tongue2. Rochus defeated Grosjean yesterday 6-4 6-4, I thought the frensh were the better player but Rochus won.Luzzi won versus Melzer in a 3 set Match 5-7,6-4,7-5. Can´t believe that Luzzi will have enough power to beat Rochus here.And Rochus know Luzzi from ATP Auckland last year. He won 2-6 and 3-6 in this match.Oliver to win. Karlovic - Pless 3 sets I see two players on the same Level.Karlovic beat Amritraj 7-6,6-3 in the first Round. Pless won versus a weak Nalbandian in a 3 Set Match 2-6,6-3,7-5. They faced one time,last year at the ATP in Memphis.Karlovic won 6-7,7-6,6-4. I see a 3 Set fight. But also more than 21.5 Games in this match.

Re: Tennis Week 1 If he stays injury free, which is a big if, I expect Gael Monfils to start fulfilling his potential and have a huge year on tour. The Frenchman looks attractively priced for his encounter with Mikhail Youzhny today. I did not see his opening round 6-3 6-4 win over Seppi, but read that it was a scrappy affair. Not too bothered by that, at this stage of the season and he would have been helped by a very long doubles match yesterday. Along with Grosjean, he defeated Johansson and Ljubicic, 10-8 in the third. I think we can forget any lingering ankle injury concerns, as he would not have put his tournament life at risk in an extended doubles tie. Gael made the final here last year, losing to Roger Federer, the conditions suit him well and we can take a chance, at the odds on offer. Elsewhere, El Aynaoui, at the ripe old age of 36, is also competing in Doha. He beat Thomas Johansson 7-6 7-6 in his opening match, to record his first ATP Tour win in 10 months. He also likes it here, winning in 2002 and making the final in 1996, I told you he was old ! Last year he defeated Sebastian Grosjean, in a season which produced very few highlights. On his day he has a strong serve and is difficult to break. He will struggle to get past Ivan Ljubicic, who won 60 matches and ended the year, with a career high, season end ranking of number 5. But he is capable of extending the match and a lay of Ljubicic 2-0 in sets, or a buy of total games, could pay dividends. Nikolay Davydenko should dispose of Jonas Bjorkman in double quick time, albeit at very low odds, he dropped only four points on his first serve and did not give up a break point, in a first round win. He appears to have picked up this year, where he finished last. Looks like married life will not change him either, having played a Tour high 32 weeks last year, he is on the go from week one. 3 points Monfils 2.27 to beat Youzhny.... pinnacle sports LAY 4 points Ljubicic to beat El Aynaoui 2-0 sets 1.40 betfair ( exposure 1.6 points ) 2.5 points Davydenko to beat Bjorkman 2-0 sets 1.36 betfair www.ubet2win.blogspot.com

Re: Tennis Week 1 Intresting day ahead...not a single suprise result on ATP so far today...there gotta be some.. ;) .......... stupid Chiudinelli broke Mirnyi but dropped his next serve...and couldn't convert any of his three breakball the game after...lol...come on dude...give me at least some hope...hehe and of course he's giving Mirnyi three breakballs and he needs only one...tennis is sometimes so pathetic....I'm out...GL everybody

EventYounes El Aynaoui - Ivan Ljubicic
Selectionunder 21.5 games
Strength7/10
Date03/01/2007
Bookmaker/PriceBetsafe @ 1.78 (Back)
ReasoningYounes El Aynaoui is 35 years old and it is a huge question about his form in this season.I dont expect so mach of him in this season.Ivan Ljubicic from Croatioa from another side had a great last season and i expect that will continue with great games in thisn season too.I think that Ljubicic will win this game very easy in two sets and i expect under 21.5 games here.Something as 6-4 , 6-3 for Ljubicic

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventKristian Pless v Ivo Karlovic
SelectionKristian Pless
Strength10/10
Date04/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.19 (Back)
ReasoningI see value in Pless here after yesterdays showing against Nalbandian. Though the Argentine picked up an injury, Pless still managed to earn 14 break points. He managed to only convert 3 which is a concern but it shows he is more than capable when the ball is in play. On the other hand Karlovic isnt renowned for his overall game, rather his monster serve which clocked up 14 aces in his first round match. It is no surprise that most his matches involve tiebreaks, as this same encounter did last season in which the Croat prevailed in 3. I feel that this match is very likely to go down to at least 2 tiebreaks but I have confidence that in this type of situation the better overall player should come through, which IMO is the Dane.

SportTennis
EventArnaud Clement vs Chris Guccione
SelectionArnaud Clement
Strength10/10
Date03/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.44 (Back)
ReasoningChris Guccione beat just one guy in the top 100 all of last year and that was back in January. Clement is a seasoned pro who is used to playing against players with a better pedigree. No H2H history between these two.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventRazzano - Zvonareva
SelectionRazzano
Strength10/10
Date03/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.45 (Back)
ReasoningGreat value on Razzano here.She is playing great so far at Auckland winning five matches so far.All in straight sets and yesterday she won against Hantuchova.Zvonareva is not so bad either but she had few problems against Osterloh in 1st round and then she won against Granville in the 2nd round in straight sets.All in all Razzano is in great shape and she can give hard times to Vera.H2H is 2:1 for Razzano but all matches so far were played on clay.Only thing which bothers me is that in the previous year Zvonareva made it to the final here in Auckland and this year she is defending her points so she can be motivated well.But Razzano should fight hard and she has for sure bigger chances than the odds are suggesting.I missed her yesterday when she won against Hantuchova so I'm not gonna miss her again if she would won this one :)
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventPeer - Ivanovic
SelectionPeer
Strength10/10
Date03/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.58 (Back)
ReasoningBoth players are in a rather good form at the beginning of the season.But I honestly don't know why Ivanovic is such a strong favourite here.It should be more like 50/50 match.Last match between these two players was played on clay and then Peer won in 3 sets.Both players know how to play on hard and I must say that Peer made some improvements in her play during previous season.So I will try Peer here and hope for a little surprise.
:hope :hope :hope

Mikhail Youzhny vs Gael Monfils Youzhny played good his last match winning most points on his first serve while Monfils had major problems with a tame Seppi. He got treatment for an ancle injury and didn't look in good shape at all. Only was Youzhny is gonna lose this is by purpose. Mikhail Youzhny - 1.83 @ Blue Square 10/10 1.80 @ Stan James 1.76 @ Pinnacle Andrew Murray vs Christophe Rochus Them stupid bookies must been watching different game from rest of the world since Murray is such a big favorite. The clown is suffering a clown and looked like he was going to crack under the pressure any second, looking very tired and out-of-shape. If Murray hasn't covered from his illness and plays the way he played vs Volandri he is going to get trashed. The only reason Volandri could win was because he's even a bigger clown then Murray. Christophe Rochus - 6.15 @ Pinnacle 5/10 Juan Martin Del Potro vs Jan Hernych Del Porto played well in his first match and served great and he's lookin to have an even better year this year, if he can only stay away from that steroids..lol He averaged 1 ace per service game and won 82% behind his first serve. If he can keep his serving at a high level like last match he should give Hernych some major problems since Hernych wasn't too impressive in his loss vs Mathiue. Juan Martin Del Potro - 1.58 @ Pinnacle 7/10 Joachim Johansson vs Gilles Simon "Obviously if I beat Gilles Simon two sets to love, then he might not have a chance to qualify" I don't know what kind of punk he is talking like that but he could loose one set on purpose for his homies sake. Joachim Johansson to win 2-1 - 4.00 @ Bet365 5/10 Since he lost first game this is a must win match for Johansson and I can't he how Gilles Simon should be a threat with Pim-Pims good serving. Joachim Johansson - 1.42 @ Pinnacle 10/10 Ivo Karlovic vs Kristian Pless Ok...Pless beat Nalbandian but Nalbandian won the first set without any sweat with 6-2 but then he got a injury on his left knee and could almost not even send the balls over the net according to reports. Karlovic served well and made 69% of 1st serves, winning 80% of the 1st serve points and making 1.27 aces per service game and should have the advantage in this match if he can repeat that. Ivo Karlovic - 1.90 @ Betway 6/10
cool man! only 1 missed

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventSafina - Stosur
SelectionStosur
Strength10/10
Date03/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.37 (Back)
ReasoningOk I will try Stosur here.Small value on her side for me.Off course odds dropped a bit since release but it's still worth a shot I guess.Stosur is playing on her home ground so she should have big motivation here.Safina is leading H2H 2:0.It should be really good match.

Re: Tennis Week 1 Fabrice Santoro vs Bjorn Phau Santora has injured his back..he injured it at the same time he's opponent did it (what where the odds for that?) but his opponent was quicker to withdraw and Santoro had to withdraw from the doubles. He says he's unsure if he's even gonna show up to play the match and it's worth a small bet on Phau at a one-ball.bookie if he tries to play but withdraws early if he hasn't gotten any better. Other one-ball-bookies are: BlueSquare, Coral, Eurobet, Expekt, Fonbet, Interwetten & Playit Bjorn Phau - 2.50 @ Ladbrokes 5/10 Juan Martin Del Potro vs Paul-Henri Mathieu You already know that Del Porto is playing good this week, unfortunately that ain't the same for Mathiue. It looks like he's getting worse and worse and I can't even remember last time he layed really well. Even if he plays good ball to ball he most f3ck himself up with his miljon of erros. I'm hoping for a new great game by Del Porto but I keep the stakes low as I dont know he's motivation and since the new round robin rules screw my brain and the price has dropped from when I got to work. I heard like for example that Spadea and Gasquet only needs one set to advance. Juan Martin Del Potro - 1.83 @ Pinnacle 7/10

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventRazzano - Zvonareva
SelectionRazzano
Strength10/10
Date03/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.45 (Back)
ReasoningGreat value on Razzano here.She is playing great so far at Auckland winning five matches so far.All in straight sets and yesterday she won against Hantuchova.Zvonareva is not so bad either but she had few problems against Osterloh in 1st round and then she won against Granville in the 2nd round in straight sets.All in all Razzano is in great shape and she can give hard times to Vera.H2H is 2:1 for Razzano but all matches so far were played on clay.Only thing which bothers me is that in the previous year Zvonareva made it to the final here in Auckland and this year she is defending her points so she can be motivated well.But Razzano should fight hard and she has for sure bigger chances than the odds are suggesting.I missed her yesterday when she won against Hantuchova so I'm not gonna miss her again if she would won this one :)
agree to 100% on all picks.......:ok absolutely no idea to bet on favorites on these WTA tournaments so early at the season.....

EventHewitt v Kunitsyn
SelectionHewitt 2-0
Strength10/10
Date04/01/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.44 (Back)
ReasoningHewitt way too good. Was up 6-1 5-1 and serving for the match the other night when that cheap dog retired. Against Kunitsyn he should have no problems demolishing him. (Hopefully). 20th v 94th in the world.

Re: Tennis Week 1 hello boys well well, today we have great matches,i am on Doha tournament only,because i watch the games: 1.Baghdatis v Soderling my prediction is Baghdatis to win by 2-0 short analysis: rarely we see baghdatis in form,and when that happens ,normally he reach finals,i saw him in both matches so far,his weak side is the first service, but yesterday he slightly improved it. his big weapon is of course the variety he has on his game with great shots forehands and backhands,the very efficient second service, and the crazy drop shots that proved to break the rhythme of any opponent. i dont expect something extraordinary from the swedish,perhaps he is the best swedish player at the moment, but he is unstable with some big efforts,and all of a sudden we see him something like fall asleep i remind you the game against warnicka in us open,he was leading 2-0 sets,and then he "dissappeard" from the court,and finally lost 2-3! my point surely is this one : baghdatis looks in form,and that is my scenario according to last's years experience : he will reach the final here in doha GOOD LUCK BOYS with no analysis,and no money involved, i also predict Murray's win, and the OVER in Davydenko Rochus game. i also say that here is probable upset of the day ,that is : Olivier to beat Davydenko (no money of course) :clap :clap :clap :clap bye bye