** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec

Roma - Valencia It feels like Roma is gonna be the more motivated part here. They need a win to secure the second spot in the while Valencia has already won the group and plays for nothing than honour. Valencia has major injury problems with players like Fernando Morientes, David Villa, Emiliano Moretti, Carlos Marchena, Miguel Brito, Asier del Horno, Edu, David Albelda, Mario Regueiro and Jaime Gavilán injured and the coach has said that he gonna rest players like Canisares, Ayala etc. He needs them more for La Liga. So..A well motivated Roma at home should be able to defeat a non-motivated Valencia playing with anything but best XI. Roma - 1.60 @ Centrebet 10/10

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champios League - Tuesday 5th Dec

Tuesday 5 December 2006
HomeDrawAwaysp.gifBPP
Barcelona v Werder Bremen (19:45 GMT)1.445.008.80101%
Bayern München v Inter Milan (19:45 GMT)2.543.203.40101%
Chelsea v Levski Sofia (19:45 GMT)1.1211.0040.00101%
Galatasaray v Liverpool (19:45 GMT)2.473.503.15101%
Olympiakos v Shaktar (19:45 GMT)2.223.403.90101%
PSV v Bordeaux (19:45 GMT)1.803.655.60101%
Roma v Valencia (19:45 GMT)1.643.509.80100%
Sporting Lisbon v Spartak Moscow (19:45 GMT)1.713.707.00100%

Re: Champios League - Tuesday 5th Dec Barsa is ready to bite tomorrow. No matter how obvious this might seem, home side are to start playing very offensively from very first seconds of this mach. The best team in the world will not stop til they are at least 2 goals ahead. So Barsa (-1) to win. I hope there ain't any more injuries.

Re: Champios League - Tuesday 5th Dec Interesting little gameweek ahead. Will probably do some more research and post my bets tomorrow. Motivation is gonna be a key element here with sides that have either: a) won their groups; b) qualified with no hope of winning the group or c) been eliminated outright. Of course certain cultures and mentalities, even with group c), have far too much pride to go out with a wimper. Thinking especially of a side like Galatasaray here. Wednesday's games - Man Urinal vs. Benfica and Copenhagen vs. Celtic look like decent games to have a look at too. Matt :dude

Re: Champios League - Tuesday 5th Dec Roma-Valencia I will start of with a interesting bet. Roma only need the draw to take them into the next round. Valencia is already there, and have won the group. The away team have big injury problems and hopefully Roma will take advantage and go for a win infront of their home crowd! I'll give the handicap a go here. 3-0 Pick 1: Roma (-1) - 2,60 @ Expekt Pick 2: Roma - 1,57 @ Expekt

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec Roma X Draw will suite bouth teams and draw will bee. I dont think Roma and Valencia dont wants to angry each others with agressive play so draw. Draw 7/10 under 1,5 goals 9/10 Barca Werder ( over 3,5 goals ) 7/10 x2 Werder This will be open agresive game over 3,5 goals . I dont think Barca will win this one . Even Ronaldinho will not be good enough to make miracle. Werder is good team and i think they can make draw of this one ( add least ). At least be carefoul with this one Cheers and GL to all

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec Roma - Valencia game Roma captain Francesco Totti will miss Tuesday's Champions League game against Valencia with an ankle injury. Vincenzo Montella is likely to start in his place. Roma need a point from Tuesday's game against already qualified Valencia to confirm their progress to the knockout stages of the competition. Simone Perrotta is also doubtful with an ankle problem They have several players missing through suspension (Roberto Ayala) and injury (David Villa, Fernando Morientes, Mario Regueiro, Edu, Jaime Gavilan, David Albelda, Miguel, Carlos Marchena, Emiliano Moretti and Asier del Horno.) Ruben Baraja and Miguel Pallardo both missed Saturday's Liga defeat to Recreativo through illness but are expected to return for Tuesday.

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec erry usefoul info

Roma - Valencia game Roma captain Francesco Totti will miss Tuesday's Champions League game against Valencia with an ankle injury. Vincenzo Montella is likely to start in his place. Roma need a point from Tuesday's game against already qualified Valencia to confirm their progress to the knockout stages of the competition. Simone Perrotta is also doubtful with an ankle problem Valencia are already through although would lose out on first place if they are defeated by Roma. They have several players missing through suspension (Roberto Ayala) and injury (David Villa, Fernando Morientes, Mario Regueiro, Edu, Jaime Gavilan, David Albelda, Miguel, Carlos Marchena, Emiliano Moretti and Asier del Horno.) Ruben Baraja and Miguel Pallardo both missed Saturday's Liga defeat to Recreativo through illness but are expected to return for Tuesday.
---------------------------------------------- Verry usefoul info ...good work mate :cheers

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec Group A Chelsea need to win to secure 1st place Werder Bremen go thru in 2nd if they are not defeated by Barca

:void(0)'>lsamet.gif:void(0)'>Chelsea.jpgChelsea:void(0)'>5:void(0)'>3:void(0)'>1:void(0)'>1:void(0)'>8:void(0)'>4:void(0)'>10
:void(0)'>lsamet.gif:void(0)'>WerderBremen.jpgWerder Bremen:void(0)'>5:void(0)'>3:void(0)'>1:void(0)'>1:void(0)'>7:void(0)'>3:void(0)'>10
:void(0)'>lsamet.gif:void(0)'>Barcelona.jpgBarcelona:void(0)'>5:void(0)'>2:void(0)'>2:void(0)'>1:void(0)'>10:void(0)'>4:void(0)'>8
:void(0)'>lsamet.gif:void(0)'>LevskiSofia.jpgLevski Sofia:void(0)'>5:void(0)'>5:void(0)'>1:void(0)'>15
Powered By Soccerbot
Group B Bayern at home against Inter + need to avoid defeat for 1st Sporting at home against Spartak Moscow and need to avoid defeat to qualify for UEFA cup.
:void(0)'>lsamet.gif:void(0)'>BayernMunich.jpgBayern Munich:void(0)'>5:void(0)'>3:void(0)'>2:void(0)'>9:void(0)'>2:void(0)'>11
:void(0)'>lsamet.gif:void(0)'>Inter.jpgInter:void(0)'>5:void(0)'>3:void(0)'>2:void(0)'>4:void(0)'>4:void(0)'>9
:void(0)'>lsamet.gif:void(0)'>Sporting.jpgSporting:void(0)'>5:void(0)'>1:void(0)'>2:void(0)'>2:void(0)'>2:void(0)'>3:void(0)'>5
:void(0)'>lsamet.gif:void(0)'>SpartakMoscow.jpgSpartak Moscow:void(0)'>5:void(0)'>2:void(0)'>3:void(0)'>4:void(0)'>10:void(0)'>2
Powered By Soccerbot
Group C The positions of the table cannot change due to the head to head meetings so standings will remain Group C
:void(0)'>lupt.gif:void(0)'>Liverpool.jpgLiverpool:void(0)'>5:void(0)'>4:void(0)'>1:void(0)'>9:void(0)'>2:void(0)'>13
:void(0)'>ldownt.gif:void(0)'>PSVEindhoven.jpgPSV Eindhoven:void(0)'>5:void(0)'>3:void(0)'>1:void(0)'>1:void(0)'>5:void(0)'>3:void(0)'>10
:void(0)'>lupt.gif:void(0)'>GirondinsdeBordeaux.jpgGirondins deBordeaux:void(0)'>5:void(0)'>1:void(0)'>1:void(0)'>3:void(0)'>3:void(0)'>6:void(0)'>4
:void(0)'>ldownt.gif:void(0)'>Galatasaray.jpgGalatasaray:void(0)'>5:void(0)'>1:void(0)'>4:void(0)'>4:void(0)'>10:void(0)'>1
Powered By Soccerbot
Group D Valencia qualified as group leaders. Roma need a win or a draw at home to valencia to secure 2nd over Shaktar. Olymipakios need to beat Shaktar at home to qualify for the Uefa Cup
:void(0)'>lsamet.gif:void(0)'>Valencia.jpgValencia:void(0)'>5:void(0)'>4:void(0)'>1:void(0)'>12:void(0)'>5:void(0)'>13
:void(0)'>lsamet.gif:void(0)'>Roma.jpgRoma:void(0)'>5:void(0)'>2:void(0)'>1:void(0)'>2:void(0)'>7:void(0)'>4:void(0)'>7
:void(0)'>lupt.gif:void(0)'>Shakhtar.jpgShakhtar:void(0)'>5:void(0)'>1:void(0)'>2:void(0)'>2:void(0)'>5:void(0)'>10:void(0)'>5
:void(0)'>ldownt.gif:void(0)'>OlympiakosPiraeus.jpgOlympiakos Piraeus:void(0)'>5:void(0)'>2:void(0)'>3:void(0)'>5:void(0)'>10:void(0)'>2
Powered By Soccerbot

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec Bayern Munich v Inter Milan Firstly this is a tough match to pick with neither team lacking motivation for this match up, both proclaiming they will hit the other with everything they've got to get the top spot in group B and get the advantage for the round of 16. Secondly both teams are big scorers in the first half of play w/o actually counting it seams that both teams have scored at least 70%-80% of goals in the first period meaning that it is likely this game will be decided in the first half (giving 1st half betting perhaps a bit more value). I do believe this trend will follow.... Thirdly Bayern have the home field advantage (Obviously..lol) but really in recent time Bayern have looked a litlle flat at home (besides a win over stutguard 2 1/2 weeks ago), That is comapred to their performance throughout the CL not conceeding a home goal and all. IMO this statistic will mean nothing for this clash as Inter are in excelent form even w/o superstar Adriano still injured, with a solid forward line up of cespo and ibrahimovic Inter will have no trouble putting a few in the back of the net!!! Keep in mind that this could all go the other way and finish bayern 5-0 (You really never know with Bayern) however this is doubtful as even when bayern have lead early in recent times they have often dropped off and they will not be able to hold Inter to nil tomorrow... Inter Milan v Bayern Munich 1U Inter HT/FT @ 6.50 2U Inter Win @ 3.10 1U Inter CS 2-0 @ 12 1U Inter CS 2-1 @ 10

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec Barcelona v Werder Bremen Everything is obvious. No need to say anything. I believe that Barca will score and I dont see this Werder to finish the game withouth scoring. If Barca scores first then I cant see this Werder which is "with 10 points so far, fought hard for 2nd place" not finishing the game without scoring. If Werder scores first then I can see Barca giving up iwtouth scoring a single goal. For me, "Both Teams To Score" is the most logical and clear bet.But, still @1.75 for over is too good imo. Like I have written above, I expect both teams to score but I also dont expect a (1-1) draw here. Over is more possible than under for me and @1.75 is very good for me. Both Teams To Score @1.90 - Sportingbet Over 2.5 Goals @1.75 - BET365

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec

EventChelsea-Levski Sofia
Selection-2:0 home win (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date05/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price>10bet @ 1.70 (Back)
ReasoningChelsea have 10 points ,same as Werder wich play against Barca in Spain.So Chelsea need to win this game to be leader of this group.That is not so huge advantage coz first two places in group B secured Bayern and Inter but stil there is a questioon of presige for this club from London. Levski lost all 5 games and have 1-15 goal diference. They lost all games with two or more goal diference.Tonight Chelsea will be without Terry(suspensed), Makelele(rested) and Ashley Cole will start on the bench. Levski is too poor to make any good result here.I think that Chelsea will hardly beat Levski tonight so i will take over 2.5 goals coz i think that Chelsea is able to beat them with three or more goals.

Selectionover 2.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date05/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.53 (Back)
ReasoningLevski lost all 5 games in this group and have jsut 1-15 goal diference.They lost three time with two goals diference and one time crashed by Barca (0-5) and one time by Werder at home (0-3).I think that Leveski will make it 3-3, so it means that i expect that Chelsea will win here with three or more goals diference. Chelsea need to win and for sure will attack from start coz surely dont want waint any news from Barcelona.They will win here and take lead in this group with 13 points.Terry is suspended,Makelele is rested and Ashley Cole will also start on the bench. First goalkeeper of Levski is injured so there is a biger chance that we will see a lot of goals here..I predict 3-0 or 3-1 for Chelsea..Maybe more if Chelsea score first goal in first 20 minutes..

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec I guess that Olympiakos could catch the Uefa qualify (Olympiakos at 2.19 with Mansion). Olympiakos vs Shakthar Many people are watching just for Roma tonight, but there will be hard fight too to get the 3rd place of the Group in order to advance in Uefa Cup. Olympiakos need to have an home win and standing for the match played in Donetsk (drew by 2-2), the home side will have IMO all the chances to beat the ukranians, no so sure in back line and with poor perfomances on the road. Olympiakos will have his best striker Konstantinou still no in perfect condition after an injurie period and so probable to start from bench. Unavailables: Patsatzoglu and Nè. Line-up: Nikopolidis; Zewlakov, Julio Cesar, Kostoulas, Domi; Stoltidis, Djordjevic; Babangida, Rivaldo, Castillo; Borja. Shakthar is looking for the 3rd placed too, cause I find very hard that Roma could be defeated at home from Valencia. The guests have high morale state, after they beated Roma in the last round, more they have surely an internationl experienced squad, with many players involved in NT entourage. Missed only the midfielder Lewandowski. Line-up: Shust; Srna, Rat, Leonardo, Chygrynskiy; Tymoschuk, Duljaj, Fernandinho, Matuzalem; Brandao, Marica. I could talk about the factor field and about the home supporters that will boost surely Olympiakos: anyway the home side lost 2 home games on 2 played in CHL (from Valencia, by 2-4 and against Roma, by 0-1), at the same time they played 2 good matches, missing in the crucial moments. Shakthar is not IMO at the same level of the opponents faced: they have shown all that in the first match at home (where they suffered Olympiakos) and the guests were never been full convincent far from home, despite many regulars used to play at high levels. I put my trust in Olympiakos.

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec Galatasaray v Liverpool Galatasaray wont field a week side as expected. The goalkeeper Mondragon and the same defense players in the Fenerbahçe game will play tonight. Also, experinced Okan, young talent Mehmet Topal will be in the midfield as well as Hasan Şaş and in-form Sabri. Ãœmit Karan,Necati, İliç and Hasan Kabze are in the squad who are capable of scoring anytime and at least 2 of them will play maybe 3 of them. On the other hand Liverpool will not play with a weak squad and players like Pennant,Belamy,Crouch,Alonso, Kuyt, Garcia can always score tonight. Pennat and Garcia can give Ergün(Left- Back) a very diffucult time tonight. To conclude, even the stadium will be most probably empty, I expect an open game and I believe that over has more chances than under. I beleive that both teams will score and with the odds we have , our bets should be "Over 2.5 Goals" and "Both Teams To Score". Over 2.5 Goals @2.40 - Unibet Both Teams To Score @1.90 - Sportingbet

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventBayern-Inter
Selectionunder 2.5
Strength10/10
Date05/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.69 (Back)
ReasoningA match without pressure,teams are qualified just the first place counts.Inter started bad the group with 2 losts but the group was easy and they qualified 1 match before the end of the group.Even if Inter is my favourite team i don't think these 2 teams will fight for Champions League.Inter is better i think,in Italian championship this is the first year when they don't make stupid mistakes against small teams,they don;'t make a lot of draws like last year or 2 year ago.Bayern after losing Ballack is weaker,they struggle to go up in Bundesliga but they can't .Last year they were destroyed by Milan and like i said they are weaker this year. A draw would do for Bayern, who scored late goals to beat the Nerazzurri 2-0 when the teams met at the Giuseppe Meazza on Matchday 2. One of Bayern's goalscorers that night, Lukas Podolski, will play no part at the Fußball Arena München due to ankle ligament damage, but Magath focused instead on the opposition's leading lights: "I agree with José Mourinho's assertion that Inter are one of the competition favourites. The likes of Zlatan Ibrahimović and Hernán Crespo can turn games in an instant." "It's difficult to make plans before we know all the teams who qualify. There's still the risk of facing strong teams, whether you finish first or second. We want to win to finish first in the group and have the sole advantage of playing the last sixteen return leg at home." Mancini said Injuries: Lukas Podolski (ankle ligament), Owen Hargreaves (broken leg), Valérien Ismaël (broken shinbone) Injuries: Ivan Cordoba (muscle), Adriano (muscle), Olivier Dacourt (thigh muscle), Julio Cruz (knee ligament), Alvaro Recoba (calf) Probable teams Bayern: Oliver Kahn; Willy Sagnol, Lucio, Daniel Van Buyten, Philipp Lahm; Mark van Bommel, Martín Demichelis, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Hasan Salihamidžić; Roy Makaay, Claudio Pizarro. Inter: Júlio César; Maicon, Marco Materazzi, Nicolás Burdisso, Fabio Grosso; Javier Zanetti, Esteban Cambiasso, Patrick Vieira, Dejan Stanković; Zlatan Ibrahimović, Hernán Crespo.

EventBayern-Inter
Selectionx2
Strength10/10
Date05/12/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.61 (Back)
ReasoningA match without pressure,teams are qualified just the first place counts.Inter started bad the group with 2 losts but the group was easy and they qualified 1 match before the end of the group.Even if Inter is my favourite team i don't think these 2 teams will fight for Champions League.Inter is better i think,in Italian championship this is the first year when they don't make stupid mistakes against small teams,they don;'t make a lot of draws like last year or 2 year ago.Bayern after losing Ballack is weaker,they struggle to go up in Bundesliga but they can't .Last year they were destroyed by Milan and like i said they are weaker this year. A draw would do for Bayern, who scored late goals to beat the Nerazzurri 2-0 when the teams met at the Giuseppe Meazza on Matchday 2. One of Bayern's goalscorers that night, Lukas Podolski, will play no part at the Fußball Arena München due to ankle ligament damage, but Magath focused instead on the opposition's leading lights: "I agree with José Mourinho's assertion that Inter are one of the competition favourites. The likes of Zlatan Ibrahimović and Hernán Crespo can turn games in an instant." "It's difficult to make plans before we know all the teams who qualify. There's still the risk of facing strong teams, whether you finish first or second. We want to win to finish first in the group and have the sole advantage of playing the last sixteen return leg at home." Mancini said Injuries: Lukas Podolski (ankle ligament), Owen Hargreaves (broken leg), Valérien Ismaël (broken shinbone) Injuries: Ivan Cordoba (muscle), Adriano (muscle), Olivier Dacourt (thigh muscle), Julio Cruz (knee ligament), Alvaro Recoba (calf) Probable teams Bayern: Oliver Kahn; Willy Sagnol, Lucio, Daniel Van Buyten, Philipp Lahm; Mark van Bommel, Martín Demichelis, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Hasan Salihamidžić; Roy Makaay, Claudio Pizarro. Inter: Júlio César; Maicon, Marco Materazzi, Nicolás Burdisso, Fabio Grosso; Javier Zanetti, Esteban Cambiasso, Patrick Vieira, Dejan Stanković; Zlatan Ibrahimović, Hernán Crespo.

SelectionUnder 4.5
Strength10/10
Date05/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.27 (Back)
ReasoningEverybody agrees on this one,Chelsea will win.Mourinho wants first place and this victory will assure that first place.Chelsea goes trough a good period even if they lost at Werder ,Chelsea played well and created some goal opportunities.Levski has the chance to finish the group without a point.Chelsea players are rested,they didn't played this weekend and will be easier for them.Uefa Champions League is to big competition for Levski,not just that they didn't make a point but they weren't able to lose at just one goal difference.In this game i think Levski will not score and the correct score i think could be 2-0. "We want to win the group," Mourinho said, "because it's important to be first. But looking around the other groups and seeing who would finish first and second is not the issue. There is not a lot of difference between, say, Real Madrid and Lyon or Inter Milan and Bayern Munich. But if you go through in first place you get to play the second leg at home and that can be very important." "They would have done very well if they got through to the UEFA Cup and I hope to see them again very soon in the Champions League," he said. Coach Stanimir Stoilov, who will be forced to throw more of his young talents on to this stage, reciprocated Mourinho's warm words when he said success in Europe's most prestigious club competition was guaranteed for their opponents. "Chelsea are a football machine and they have the greatest potential in the world, better probably than Barcelona. I can't say whether they will win the European Cup this year or next year, but they are due success at some time." Injuries: Salomon Kalou (medial knee ligament), Petr Cech (fractured skull) Suspensions: Captain John Terry is out for 1 game(s) Levski Injuries: Georgi Ivanov (ankle), Milan Korpivarov (ankle) Probable teams Chelsea: Carlo Cudicini; Geremi, Ricardo Carvalho, Khalid Boulahrouz, Wayne Bridge; Michael Essien, Frank Lampard, Michael Ballack, Joe Cole; Didier Drogba, Andriy Shevchenko. Levski: Bozhidar Mitrev; Zhivko Milanov, Elin Topuzakov, Igor TomaÅ¡ić, Stanislav Angelov; Richard Eromoigbe, Daniel Borimirov, Cédric Bardon; Nikolay Dimitrov, Valeri Domovchiyski, Hristo Yovov.

SelectionChelsea to keep clean sheet
Strength10/10
Date05/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.52 (Back)
ReasoningEverybody agrees on this one,Chelsea will win.Mourinho wants first place and this victory will assure that first place.Chelsea goes trough a good period even if they lost at Werder ,Chelsea played well and created some goal opportunities.Levski has the chance to finish the group without a point.Chelsea players are rested,they didn't played this weekend and will be easier for them.Uefa Champions League is to big competition for Levski,not just that they didn't make a point but they weren't able to lose at just one goal difference.In this game i think Levski will not score and the correct score i think could be 2-0. "We want to win the group," Mourinho said, "because it's important to be first. But looking around the other groups and seeing who would finish first and second is not the issue. There is not a lot of difference between, say, Real Madrid and Lyon or Inter Milan and Bayern Munich. But if you go through in first place you get to play the second leg at home and that can be very important." "They would have done very well if they got through to the UEFA Cup and I hope to see them again very soon in the Champions League," he said. Coach Stanimir Stoilov, who will be forced to throw more of his young talents on to this stage, reciprocated Mourinho's warm words when he said success in Europe's most prestigious club competition was guaranteed for their opponents. "Chelsea are a football machine and they have the greatest potential in the world, better probably than Barcelona. I can't say whether they will win the European Cup this year or next year, but they are due success at some time." Injuries: Salomon Kalou (medial knee ligament), Petr Cech (fractured skull) Suspensions: Captain John Terry is out for 1 game(s) Levski Injuries: Georgi Ivanov (ankle), Milan Korpivarov (ankle) Probable teams Chelsea: Carlo Cudicini; Geremi, Ricardo Carvalho, Khalid Boulahrouz, Wayne Bridge; Michael Essien, Frank Lampard, Michael Ballack, Joe Cole; Didier Drogba, Andriy Shevchenko. Levski: Bozhidar Mitrev; Zhivko Milanov, Elin Topuzakov, Igor TomaÅ¡ić, Stanislav Angelov; Richard Eromoigbe, Daniel Borimirov, Cédric Bardon; Nikolay Dimitrov, Valeri Domovchiyski, Hristo Yovov.

EventBarcelona-Werder Bremen
Selectionunder 3.5
Strength10/10
Date05/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.45 (Back)
ReasoningGreat match tonight,a match with high stake.Barcelona,Uefa Champions League champion is very close to get out of the competition from groups this year.Barcelona has the bad luck to meet Werder in a very good period for them and to meet Werder without 2 essential players,Messi and Eto'o.Barcelona's difficulties were visible in weekend with Levante.Werder players are very motivated and optimistic,last year they had the bad luck to get out from Champions League because the goalkeeper made a stupid mistake against Juventus in the final minutes of the match but now i could say that they are more experienced and demonstrated they could win against a big gun ,2 weeks ago with Barcelona.Barcelona didn't won this year an important match.With Real they lost 2-0,with Chelsea lost 1-0 and made 2-2,with Werder made 1-1 with a lot of good luck and now without the new sensation Messi who scored in the first match against Werder will be hard.Even without Messi and Eto'o Barca could have a good attack but without Saviola also the attack is slow,Giuly is not in top form and with the slow moves of Gudjhonsen will be hard to penetrate Werder's defence,a good defence in Champions League.Also Barca could not attack like crazy because Werder has very good attack and coul score from a fast counter attack. "I am not prepared to think about not winning," said coach Rijkaard. "We have to win, it is the only option, so we will go all out to attack."Last year Barcelona won against Werder 3-1 and both teams qualified."They are coming here to win, not just draw," Rijkaard warned. "We'll have to see what happens on the pitch, but maybe there is some pressure on Werder with them saying they are a stronger team these days." "Not to get through with ten points would be hard to take," Schaaf said. "But if we do go through, it will be sensational, as when the groups were drawn everyone had Barcelona and Chelsea down as favourites to progress." To achieve their goal, Bremen will stick to their adventurous style of play and, Schaaf hopes, take inspiration from the size of the occasion. "We have no fear, only respect," said the coach, who has Hugo Almeida and Aaron Hunt vying for a place in attack but continues to be without captain Frank Baumann in midfield. "We will try and win as a place in the last 16 is at stake. The players are looking forward to the atmosphere and have to be inspired by it." In conclusion pressure will be on Barcelona and will be hard to win without Messi and Eto'o,i think Barca will not qualify but i will choose AH to be sure. Barcelona injuries :Rafael Marquez (swollen ankle), Javier Saviola (thigh strain), Lionel Messi (fifth metatarsal fracture surgery), Samuel Eto'o (knee surgery) Werder:Injuries: Frank Baumann (muscle), Mohamed Zidan (knee), Patrick Owomoyela (ankle) Probable teams Barcelona: Víctor Valdés; Gianluca Zambrotta, Carles Puyol, Rafael Márquez, Giovanni van Bronckhorst; Edmílson, Xavi Hernández, Deco; Ludovic Giuly, Ronaldinho, Eidur Gudjohnsen. Bremen: Tim Wiese; Clemens Fritz, Per Mertesacker, Naldo, Pierre Wome; Tim Borowski, Torsten Frings, Diego, Daniel Jensen; Aaron Hunt, Miroslav Klose.

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec The Reds are already assured of top spot in Group C so boss Rafael Benitez has opted to leave Gerrard, Jose Reina, Sami Hyypia and Steve Finnan at home. That means keeper Jerzy Dudek will get a rare start this season. Galatasaray have nothing to play for and will be without banned Arda Turan. For me it is not the match to bet a lot:gimme

EventBarcelona-Werder Bremen
SelectionWerder(+1.5)(AH)
Strength10/10
Date05/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.55 (Back)
ReasoningGreat match tonight,a match with high stake.Barcelona,Uefa Champions League champion is very close to get out of the competition from groups this year.Barcelona has the bad luck to meet Werder in a very good period for them and to meet Werder without 2 essential players,Messi and Eto'o.Barcelona's difficulties were visible in weekend with Levante.Werder players are very motivated and optimistic,last year they had the bad luck to get out from Champions League because the goalkeeper made a stupid mistake against Juventus in the final minutes of the match but now i could say that they are more experienced and demonstrated they could win against a big gun ,2 weeks ago with Barcelona.Barcelona didn't won this year an important match.With Real they lost 2-0,with Chelsea lost 1-0 and made 2-2,with Werder made 1-1 with a lot of good luck and now without the new sensation Messi who scored in the first match against Werder will be hard.Even without Messi and Eto'o Barca could have a good attack but without Saviola also the attack is slow,Giuly is not in top form and with the slow moves of Gudjhonsen will be hard to penetrate Werder's defence,a good defence in Champions League.Also Barca could not attack like crazy because Werder has very good attack and coul score from a fast counter attack. "I am not prepared to think about not winning," said coach Rijkaard. "We have to win, it is the only option, so we will go all out to attack."Last year Barcelona won against Werder 3-1 and both teams qualified."They are coming here to win, not just draw," Rijkaard warned. "We'll have to see what happens on the pitch, but maybe there is some pressure on Werder with them saying they are a stronger team these days." "Not to get through with ten points would be hard to take," Schaaf said. "But if we do go through, it will be sensational, as when the groups were drawn everyone had Barcelona and Chelsea down as favourites to progress." To achieve their goal, Bremen will stick to their adventurous style of play and, Schaaf hopes, take inspiration from the size of the occasion. "We have no fear, only respect," said the coach, who has Hugo Almeida and Aaron Hunt vying for a place in attack but continues to be without captain Frank Baumann in midfield. "We will try and win as a place in the last 16 is at stake. The players are looking forward to the atmosphere and have to be inspired by it." In conclusion pressure will be on Barcelona and will be hard to win without Messi and Eto'o,i think Barca will not qualify but i will choose AH to be sure. Barcelona injuries :Rafael Marquez (swollen ankle), Javier Saviola (thigh strain), Lionel Messi (fifth metatarsal fracture surgery), Samuel Eto'o (knee surgery) Werder:Injuries: Frank Baumann (muscle), Mohamed Zidan (knee), Patrick Owomoyela (ankle) Probable teams Barcelona: Víctor Valdés; Gianluca Zambrotta, Carles Puyol, Rafael Márquez, Giovanni van Bronckhorst; Edmílson, Xavi Hernández, Deco; Ludovic Giuly, Ronaldinho, Eidur Gudjohnsen. Bremen: Tim Wiese; Clemens Fritz, Per Mertesacker, Naldo, Pierre Wome; Tim Borowski, Torsten Frings, Diego, Daniel Jensen; Aaron Hunt, Miroslav Klose.

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec Chelsea-Levski Sofia Chelsea through but Morinho want them to top the group after this last round. Knowing Morinho he will not field a weaker team, he will continue on with the strongest he has. However he will be withouth Terry, A.Cole and Makelele, but the cover he have for them is well good enough. Chelsea will win, and they should win with ease! 4-0 Pick 1: Chelsea (-2 AH) - 1,75 @ Expekt Pick 2: over 2,5 goals - 1,54 @ Expekt ---------------------------------------------- Olympioakos-Shakhtar Donetsk Olympiacos haven't been any good in the CL so far, but I think they will want to show their home crowd they can play good and win. There is still a UEFA Cup spot to fight for these two. 2-1 Pick 1: Olympiacos - 2,00 @ Bet365 ---------------------------------------------- Barcelona-Werder Bremen The big game of the round. Barcelona are way to big of favorites here. They are one of the best teams around, but withouth some key players up front, Eto'o is missing still and without him I just feel they aren't as good a side. Bremen has every chance to pick up a point here and knock out the defending champions! The brave one could play Bremen at around 8,50!! :loon 1-1 Pick 1: Draw/Bremen (Double Chance) - 2,95 @ Expekt GL everyone! :hope :clap

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec The defending Champions League winner has never been knocked out in the group stages in the history of this competition, i think. I read that somewhere and if thats true, i don't suspect a big club like Barcelona to fall and get that stamped to there name.

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec Werder still didnt impress me after Chelsea handed them the 3 points. I see a hungry Barca that has prepared well for this game, there mind was set on this game when they drew with Levante - just goes to show how badly they want to win. Barca 2:1 Bayern vs Inter X2 GL

EventOlympiacos x Shakhtar
SelectionOlympiacos
Strength10/10
Date05/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.18 (Back)
ReasoningOlympiacos have to win to go to UEFA Cup. They play at home with their fans supporting the team (huge support). Shakhtar only needs a draw but at Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium it seems too difficult to achieve. Olympiacos have 2 draws with 5 goals scored and 10 against. Shakhtar have 5 points, they won against Roma 1-0 but the scoring is the same as Olympiacos. The supporters will make the difference here. Probable win for Olympiacos by 2 goals.
EventSporting x Spartak Moskva
SelectionSporting -1.0 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date05/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.35 (Back)
ReasoningSporting coach, Paulo Bento, promised a great victory in this last Champions League match. They came from a home defeat against rival Benfica (0-2) and they want to go to UEFA Cup. Among the portuguese teams they started better with a win home against Inter. Paulo Bento offensive mentality garantees many goal chances and if the players take 10% of the opportunities to score they will win it by 2 goals.