** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec First of all, why is everyone blindly, underrating Barcelona?? This could be because of Werder's good results in Bundes. but get real. Despite injuries, they are already accustomed to play without some valuable players (Eto, Messi,...). ....don't trust me, just have a good look at some recent Victories, rather beatings : Barcelona-Zaragoza 3:1 Majorka - Barcelona 1:4 Barcelona - Villareal 4:0 And I do not think they deserved to lose against Chelsea when they drew (2:2)!!!

So do not be :zzz :zzz Watch out for an ALIEN on the field - RONALDINJO

:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec Liverpool (2.85 @ Centrebet) Both teams are weakened for this game but i expect the class edge that Liverpool has to prevail. They go back to Istanbul where there is alot of emotion from their last CL victory while Galatasaray are in disarray after suffering a defeat in their derby cvlash on the weekend. Chelsea -2.5 (2.10 @ Centrebet) Chelsea will want ot come out and send a message that they are the favourites for the CL and especially Drogba will want to stake a claim as the best striker. The Blues will not show much mercy to theri far weaker opponents in Levski Sofia who have little to play for Roma -1.5 (2.46 @ Centrebet) Roma are in good form at home and face a Valenica side missing at least half of their first choice team. A win here will put them on top of the table and i think they will try to make a statement in this game.

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec Barca hsoting Werder in this crucial match for both teams. Odds are really juicy on Werder not to loose and even if they weren't so high I would play the same pick. Why? I think that Barca lost the chance early on in the group, and I think they will fail in this their last desperate shot in which they 'just' have to win. Looks so easy, but I think it won't be... I kinda already see them in UEFA cup with Ronaldinho lifting the trophy next year, just like Ronaldo did couple of years back. I know it's hard to imagine them out of CL especially after they won it last year, but this is the truth now, they haven't been that old Barca yet, and even though it may look like they are still on time to win with Werder and go to the next phase, I think Werder is in much better condition at this moment, and Barca beeing without Eto and Messi, well, they are missing something from last year. They will probably have what it takes for Primera, but so far in this group in CL they failed to convince. Werder won with Chelsea in last round and for me that was a sign that for Barca is over, despite they will play with Werder at their home, infront of practically 100.000ppl. German side look like they finally matured and ready for some bigger things. OK, maybe they won't win it in the ned, but the momentum speaks for themselfs. Barca is under pressure and they know it's gona be tough to beat this side from Germany that already outplayed them in first match. I'm convinced that Werder won't loose this game, so my picks are Werder to qualify, betfred @3.00, but also Werder X2 DC, Expekt @2.95. (In betsafe was 3.15 but currently 3.05). High stakes! GL~

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec Chelsea hosting Levski in this last round of Group A. Chelsea with strong squad will finish the job at home with this Bulgarian side that was unlucky to be in this strong group, so their results couldn't be any better really. Now they have to play one more game where they are total outsiders, and they will try to at least score and exscape some big defeat. Chelsea till now won at home with Barca 1:0, with Werder 2:0, and now they have this game with the weakest rival Levski. I think it's not hard to conclude that they should beat them with more then 2 goals margine. They beat Barca with one goal, and Werder with 2 goals. Now it's time to beat poor Levski with bigger margine. I expect victory with not less then 3 goals, and my pick is Chelsea -2 AH, betfair @1.71. But aswell I will LAY Under 2.5 goals, betfair @2.7, as it's hard to imagine only 2 goals scored in Levski's net. High stakes both. GL~

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec Olympiacos v Shakhtar A must win game for the Home side as they take on Shakhtar later this evening. Shakhtar themselves will also be wanting to win this match and hope that Roma slip up against Valencia. This all makes for an exciting game and the atmosphere inside the Georgias Karaiskakis Stadium tonite will no doubt be deafening. Home advantage will favour Olympiacos, but they have lost both of their UEFA Champions League matches in Athens and Shakhtar are playing for a place in the knockout rounds after a 1-0 win against AS Roma on Matchday 5 moved them to within two points of the Italian club, who entertain group winners Valencia CF on Tuesday. A tough game to call as both need to win , but with home advantage I believe that Olympiacos can get the all important goal that will send their fans wild and go onto win this game. Olympiacos to win @ 2.20 Betfair

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec Roma v Valencia Roma need just a point to guarantee qualification to the Knockout Stages of the Champions League and tonite they are presented with a great opportunity to achieve that against a crippled Valencia side. With an admittedly makeshift Valencia team sitting pretty on 13 points, injuries will be less of a worry to their coach Quique Sánchez Flores than they will be to his opposite number Luciano Spalletti. The Roma boss faces a selection crisis with captain Francesco Totti out with a knock to his right ankle, and with Alberto Aquilani also injured, David Pizarro suspended and Simone Perrotta doubtful with a swollen ankle, although Valencia can arguably boast a more impressive casualty list, which includes forwards Fernando Morientes and David Villa as well as Miguel Ángel Angulo, who is sidelined for personal reasons. With home advantage and being up against a team that have already qualified for the next round this is surely a great opportunity for Roma to guarantee their place in the next round with a victory here. Roma -1 Asian Handicap @ 2.05 Stan James

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Roma - Valencia
Selection Roma clean sheet
Strength 10/10
Date 05/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.00 (Back)
Reasoning Roma needs a draw to qualify. Valencia is already qualified and will go to Rome without a lot of their best players. In Primera Valencia hasn't scored in the last 3 matches. The Italians are motivated and they will play very carefully, especially in defence. I just don't see Valencia scoring tonight.

Event Olympiacos - Shakhtar
Selection Olympiacos (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 05/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.22 (Lay)
Reasoning I don't know why Olympiacos is such a popular bet. Both teams are evenly matched and have no major injuries and the last game between these two teams ended a draw with Shakhtar leading twice. The ucranians probably know there is no way Valencia will win at Rome so they will give their best not to lose the match and to qualify for the Uefa Cup.

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec Sporting hosting Spartak. Home side lost all chances for 1/8 finals in last match with Inter when they lost 1:0. Now they will host Spartak and try not to loose and secure the third place which means UEFA spot. In first match between those two teams the result was 1:1 after Spartak took the lead early on in the game. Sporting till now played of course two games at home 1:0 with Inter and 0:1 with Bayern. Spartak away has 0:4 with Bayern and 1:2 with Inter. So home side having both games with Under 1.5 goals, and Spartak both games with Over 2.5 goals. But now Sporting plays with opponent who's not neither Bayern or Inter, so we should expect more then one goal in their home game. Spartak needs to win and they will try to score for sure, so I don't think we will see some defensive game tonight with some low score. I will LAY Under 1.5 goals, betfair @3.55. 7/10. And also little try on Draw, betfair @3.7. Sporting is not looking in great shape lately, and for Spartak it would be probably too much to win in Portugal. So draw looks like most probable outcome to me. Medium stakes. GL~

Event Chelsea - Levski
Selection Chelsea -2
Strength 10/10
Date 05/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.71 (Back)
Reasoning Levski are the worst team in their group while Chelsea are the best. Chelsea will field a strong eleven, but without Makelele and Terry while Levski will not field their best eleven and their goalkeeper will be an 18 year old. I think Chelsea will score at least 2 against a weak bulgarian team.
Close Window

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec Bayern hosting Inter. German side in not great from recently, even though they won 3 gasmes in a row in Bundesliga, they played just 1:1 with M'gladbach at home on Saturday. Also they drew their last two matches in CL, playing 0:0 at home with Sporting and 2:2 away with Spartak. Inter on the other hand is perfect in both competitions. They are in winning streak in Serie A for long long time, and also after intital first two losses in CL, they won 3 consecutive games, last with Sporting at home 1:0. The addition of Vieira and Crespo this year gave them more stability and class, while Ibrahimovic added some talent and skills. I will LAY Bayern in this game, betfair @2.66. Inter looks very good at the moment, so it's justified to back them not to loose in this match imo. Medium stakes. GL~ Also suggest to LAY Under 1.5 goals, betfair @3.05. High stakes. GL~

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec Porto - Arsenal Everybody is betting a draw on this game because both teams will progress with that result blah blah. I remember Portugals last group match in World Cup 2002 vs South Corea with the same arguments. Both teams would progress with a draw and Portugal had no intension of even trying to score. What happend? South Corea scored a goal and it was bye-bye for Portugal. I think the portugese learned a valueable lesson that World Cup thats gonna stick with them at least 100 years. Porto - 4.30 @ Fonbet 2/10 this game is of course tomorrow...lol

Bayern Munich v Inter Milan Firstly this is a tough match to pick with neither team lacking motivation for this match up, both proclaiming they will hit the other with everything they've got to get the top spot in group B and get the advantage for the round of 16. Secondly both teams are big scorers in the first half of play w/o actually counting it seams that both teams have scored at least 70%-80% of goals in the first period meaning that it is likely this game will be decided in the first half (giving 1st half betting perhaps a bit more value). I do believe this trend will follow....
Bayern have scored 3 of their 9 goals in the first half of CL group play. All four of Inter's goals were scored in the first half, 3 of them against Spartak Moscow. FYI

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec Olympiakos hosting Shakhtar in this battle for third place. Away team still have some chances for second place though, but they have to win tonight, and hope that Valencia can stop Roma away and beat them. But that's a rather dificoult scenario to happen... Greek team must win if they won't that third place for UEFA cup. In first match between those two teams in Ukraine, match ended 2:2. Olympiakos at home is favourite of course, especially after we see that away record of team from Ukraine in CL in all games they played till now is practically non existent. They lost all away games in this competition! Still, I think we can expect an open battle for 3 pts tonight, and for me the most probable scenario is plenty of goals. I will LAY Under 1.5 goals, betfair @3.65. Max stakes. Aswell as BACK Over 2.5 goals, Pinnacle @2.09. GL~

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec Roma - Valencia Roma is almost qualified for net round of competition. They need draw tonight and they will qualify for sure even if Shakhtar win in Greece , because they have positive score with this team. In first match , in Valencia Roma lost 2:1, but off course Valencia was some different team then. For tonight I suppose Roma want to win , but following Italian teams in the past they were often satisfied with results actually fit to their ambitions. For this match captain Totti is out for sure while creative midfielder Perotta is a doubt but there are fair chances to play tonight.

Probable team: Doni; Christian Panucci, Philippe Mexes, Cristian Chivu, Max Tonetto; Simone Perrotta, Daniele De Rossi; Marco Cassetti, Taddei, Mancini; Vincenzo Montella

The other side Valencia is sure competitor in the next stage and from that point of view they can enter in this match totally relaxed. But , some facts tells me they will not take tonight’s match so easily. We all know about Valencia squad problems. They are without lot of regular players , Villa , Morientes , Moretti, Marchena, Brito, del Horno, 'Edu', Albelda, Regueiro , Gavilán. Also Cañizares, Ayala and Angulo will be rested tonight. So, youngsters will have a chance to play against Roma tonight and I’m sure they will all give their maximum tonight. Also, Valencia is in row of bed results and they will be very satisfied if that row end tonight. So, in my opinion Valencia have plenty of motivational factors in this match. Good news for guests are , influential midfielder Ruben Baraha is back in team after injury.

Probable team:

Ludovic Butelle; Curro Torres, David Navarro, Raúl Albiol, David Cerrajería; Joaquín Sánchez, Miguel Pallardó, Rubén Baraja, Vicente Rodríguez; Francesco Tavano, David Silva.

For me ,this match easily could ends draw . Such result will satisfy both sides tonight , but not only that, Valencia is not weak team and I’m sure they will not surrender without fight . My pick is safer option , Valencia AH +1 ( 1.80 @ gamebookers). Pick: Valencia AH +1 Stake 8/10 1.80 @ gamebookers

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec Roma hosting Valencia. Roma needs just one point to secure the second place, as Shakhtar is 3 pts behind them. Home team will miss captain Totti, and Valencia will miss practically whole team. Unavaialble are: Mario Regueiro, David Albelda, Edu, Jaime Gavilán, Asier del Horno, Luis Miguel, Emiliano Moretti and Carlos Marchena – plus the suspension to Roberto Ayala. So Valencia much weakened coming in Rome for this clash, with home team that mustn't loose. Valencia is in bad period lately, struggling in Primera bigtime. So maybe this is good for them, to play with some players that so far didn't play great deal... Probable teams Roma: Doni; Christian Panucci, Philippe Mexes, Cristian Chivu, Max Tonetto; Simone Perrotta, Daniele De Rossi; Marco Cassetti, Taddei, Mancini; Vincenzo Montella. Valencia: Ludovic Butelle; Curro Torres, David Navarro, Raúl Albiol, David Cerrajería; Joaquín Sánchez, Miguel Pallardó, Rubén Baraja, Vicente Rodríguez; Francesco Tavano, David Silva. I don't see lot's of goals scored tonight between these two rivals. Roma won't risk and open too much, they respect Valencia and won't let this important game for them to go in unwilling direction. I think even though Valencia will play in weakened squad, their chances to stay undefeated are bigger then the odds suggest, so I will do following: LAY Over 2.5 goals, betfair @2.45, High stakes, and LAY also Roma to win, betfair @1.64, Medium high stakes. The game looks like trap to me, Valencia they say is with B team, but I have a feeling they will do good tonight. GL~

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec Olympiakos -110 6/10 As mentioned earlier, the Greek team will need this win and good value for the home side. Spirited effort for these two last time they met (2-2) but I think the defense will settle down. (2-0 for the home team) Bayern - Inter (draw) +210 Two good teams take the pitch today, I think Bayern will play defensively and it will end tied. Inter will most likely try to attack early on and get discouraged. For me, this will be a pretty uneventful match, I also fancy the under here though odds are so-so

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec Barcelona v Werder Bremen

10/10 Barcelona Betfair @ 1.47

This one is simple for the Catalans, they have to win or their out, enough said. Ronaldinho is back on form and with 120,000 mad Catalans in the Nou Camp, I can’t see Werder getting any thing.

Galatasary v Liverpool 10/10 Liverpool (Lay) Betfair @ 2.7

Liverpool are the better team but they will be leaving a lot of their first team players at home and they will be low on motivation as they have already won the group and play for nothing. I believe Gala will want to impress their fans after losing the derby v Fernabche on Sunday.

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventGalatasaray - Liverpool
SelectionGalatasaray or Liverpool
Strength10/10
Date05/12/2006
Bookmaker/PriceB.win/1,35
ReasoningThis match both team prestije match but liverpool and Galatasaray will play B team and ı think liverpool B team good for this match.Arda Turan last match missed and star player will not play,if he play this match galatasaray maybe win but he will not play and liverpool very chance.Maybe Galatasaray will win but %55 liverpool win %45 galatasaray win. Galatasaray: Mondragon(1st team) Cihan(2nd team) Emre(2nd team) Tomas(1st team) Ergün(2nd team) Sabri(1st team)(young) Mehmet(2nd team)(young) Okan(2nd team) Hasan(1st or 2nd team :)) Ãœmit(1st team) Necati(2nd team) Liverpool: Dudek(2nd team) Peltier(2nd team)(ı dont know him) Paletta(2nd team) Agger(2nd team) Riise(1st team) Pennant(2nd team) Carragher(1st team) Alonso(1st team) Garcia(1st team) Fowler(2nd team) Crouch(1st team) This is not correct.

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec Barcelona v Bremen Thought long and hard about this game and I cannot see any value in taking Barca at around 1.47 (current BetFair odds). I can see they are favourites, and I totally agree a Barca victory is the most likely result, but Bremen are a decent side with a good goal-threat and make this game a little bit too uncertain to risk lumping on a home win. I've toyed with laying Barca or taking Bremen on the Handicap, but I keep coming back to those odds for the away win - Bremen are way overpriced here as they are no mugs. So, all things weighed up, I have to say the value in this match seems to be to back the upset. Barca were lucky to scrape a draw in the away tie, were outplayed at Chelsea & outfought in the return - they are probably due a "big" Champions League performance, but that's no guarantee it will happen here. So, I will take a small stakes speculation - 10pts (out of 100) on Werder Bremen @ 8.4 (BetFair)

EventGalatasaray-Liverpool
SelectionBoth teams to score
Strength10/10
Date05/12/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 1.83 (Back)
ReasoningIn this game between my two best international teams i expect a draw.Galatasaray will play without some key players but against betting opn reds is too dangerous coz theny dont need to win here.I expect open game and i think that both side will find ways to score in this game...Liverpool have bigers chance to win here but sti as i said they dodnt need this win at all..

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec Starting Bank: 109.97pts Max bet: 5%/5.5pts Galatasaray to beat Liverpool Liverpool have little to play for here whilst the pride and passion of the Galatasaray support will be right behind their side as they look to regain some respect on the European scene. Fancy Galatasay here with a small bet on a 3-2 home win correct score. No selection for first goalscorer. Bayern Munich to beat Inter Milan Despite both being through to the knockout round I feel the quality of the Bayern defence will frustrate an Inter attack that is prone to lose focus and desire after a slow start. Bayern have a proud European record and at home should have too much for Inter. Correct score selections: 1-0 and 2-0 home wins. No selection for first goalscorer. 1.83 points on Galatasaray to win @ 2.37 0.12 points on Galatasaray to win 3-2 @ 26.0 1.95 points on Bayern to win @ 2.20 0.2 points on Bayern to win 1-0 @ 6.0 0.12 points on Bayern to win 2-0 @ 9.0 Total Points Staked: 4.22 points Matthew :beer

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec Barcelona - Bremen I believe in a small miracle here... Bremen is in topform and they have no fear to play versus the Titleholder... The last international defeat of Barca at home was versus Juventus Turin in 2002/2003. They finished in draw (1-1) in first leg and lost the second one 2-1! It´s a sign ;). Klose and Hunt will attack for Bremen tonight.Barcelona start with a 4-3-3! I think it´ll be a offensive match with lot of excellent Football. my tips: - Bremen don´t lose versus Barca (X2) - more than 2.5 goals good luck :hope

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec Barcelona - Werder Pick: over 2.5 goals Odds:1.82 Bookmaker: 10Bet Stake: 5/10 Barcelona needs to attack in order to take the first place and we all know Barcelona's offensive power. On the other hand Werder is not that good in the defense and I expect them to concede an early goal. Then they will try to attack and leave space in the defense for Barcelona. Werder is capable of scoring for sure, but I think Barcelona will score at least three goals tonight. THere are only few defensive lines that can match Barcelona attacks and Werder's is not one of them. I expect huge pressure from Barcelona and they will not change into defensive tactics after they score the first goal. Even if Werder score the first goal, they will attack much harder and will leave plenty of space for Werder attackers. Both teams are having great offensive weapons and I expect a lot of goals tonight. GL

Re: Champions League - Tuesday 5th Dec BARCELONA V BREMEN With so much at stake I expect this to be a closely fought game between two strongly committed teams and while I find the result hard to predict I fancy money to be made on the bookings points. Barca in their previous 2 home games had 2 bookings v Levski but 10 in the Chelsea one, which obviously more competitive, as for Bremen in their 2 away games there was 5 bookings against Chelsea and 4 in the Levski game. In the reverse fixture between the team Bremen "won" 3-0 in the bookings but now there is a lot more at stake. The referee for tonight Massimo Busacca, has had 2 previous games PSV v Liverpool which ended with no bookings and Bayern v Sporting which ended 2-2, but out of these games I feel that the Bayern game would have been the more competitive one, infact the 2nd PSV v Liverpool game also finished with no bookings. So I'm go for; Stan James 50+ booking points @ 1.83 For cover you could also consider BSQ 40 bookings points @ 5.5 Going on this theme I feel another good bet is; PP 1st booking up to and oncluding 25th minute @ 1.83 Good Luck GM