** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30)

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) So for today I think i'll go on Eintracht's victory, Newcastle has injuries they are already qualified and will play with some unexperienced players. I saw how the atmosphere is on Eintracht's stadium, the supporters we're jumping and the stadium was "moving" . Home victory @ 1.55 Another good match would be Boleslav - PSG . I saw how PSG played against Rapid Bucuresti and it was a mediocre football. Rapid could have scored but they didn't . PSG also lost unbelievable 2-4 home with Hapoel Tel Aviv, i don't know what happened there. Mlada Boleslav played with Rapid last week and when I saw how they've started the match and I said that Mlada will win by 2 or 3 goals, but the national team GK Danut Coman was at the post. If PSG didn't win in Bucuresti and lost home with Hapoel I can't see them winning in Czech. Home victory @ 2.4 And the last match : Panathinaikos - Rapid Bucuresti I saw some declarations and they don't know who they are playing with . First Panathinaikos coach said they will play with Rapid Viena then a player said "It will be a hard game with Steaua" ... Rapid participated last year in the UEFA cup where they we're eliminated by ... Steaua. Panathinaikos already qualified, or 99.99 %, and they won't be very interested in this match. Rapid could have won against PSG and Mlada Boleslav, but in the last match forward Zicu dribbled the defenders of Mlada and missed unbelievable from 6 or 7 m. Away victory @ 4 or for those who want a "sure" bet X2 @ 1.75 Cheers.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30)

And the last match : Panathinaikos - Rapid Bucuresti I saw some declarations and they don't know who they are playing with . First Panathinaikos coach said they will play with Rapid Viena then a player said "It will be a hard game with Steaua" ... Rapid participated last year in the UEFA cup where they we're eliminated by ... Steaua. Panathinaikos already qualified, or 99.99 %, and they won't be very interested in this match. Rapid could have won against PSG and Mlada Boleslav, but in the last match forward Zicu dribbled the defenders of Mlada and missed unbelievable from 6 or 7 m. Away victory @ 4 or for those who want a "sure" bet X2 @ 1.75 Cheers.
It is 1.825 on AH +0.5 bet365 Preview about this game later

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) Celta Vigo v Fenerbahçe think the result of Fenerbahçe against Palermo is overrated. I follow Fenerbahçe closely as well as all Turkish teams and I dont rate Fenerbahçe that strong at the moment. The good play and deserved win was against the B team of Palermo, at home, infront of fantastic crowd. Instead of that game, I dont remember any good plays of Fenerbahçe. The play in Newcastle game was only a good fight. No creativity, no good chances of scoring. I believe that Fener plays better when they dominate the game, when they play for win and when they play at home.Becasue, fighting is not always good enough to take smtg. Surely, Fener has talents, creative players. But, none of them showed me smtg so far in away played Europen games . Fenerbahçe's defense is not yet trustable enough either. I rate Edu a mediocore player and Lugano is not experineced and strong enough for me. I still expect Fener to show some good fight and maybe some scoring chances since Celta will play for win. But, even some may not agree I believe that some players and maybe the trainer Zico may not take the big Galatasaray derby in the weekend out of their heads. To conclude, I believe that easy or hard, Celto Vigo will win this game at the end. But, I also see Fener scoring and fighting good. Celto Vigo @1.90 - Expekt 7/10 Over 2.5 Goals @2.20 - Sportingbet 4/10 Both Teams To Score @2.00 - Sportingbet 5/10

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventAjax v Espanyol
SelectionAjax
Strength10/10
Date30/11/2006
Bookmaker/PriceInterwetten @ 1.70 (Back)
ReasoningBoth of these teams almost guaranteed to proceed. Even if Ajax loses today and A.Wien wins, which is very unlikely, a win against Zulte in the last game will be enough for Ajax. Even A.Wien wins last 2 games, if Ajax takes 3 point from any of remaining last 2 games, Ajax is on ad A.Wien is off. Because ; In the event of a points tie the following will apply, cumulative goal difference in group matches is checked and A.Wien is (-6) att the moment. Only an amazing miracle can save them which I dont see happening. What I mean is we have two teams without stress. -One of them is home team , one team is away. -One of them is Ajax, one of them is Espanyol Odds not being good should not effect your judgement. Just becasue the odds are not good enough, you can not bet on a team which is unlikely to win.The real aim here is to win and less money is better than not winning anything. For some games, when you predict the outcome, you should not consider about the odds as good enougjh or value in away team. This is the trap and trick imo. You should try to predict the outcome according to the other variables instead of odds. Odds should not always have that big effect on our predcitions. For me the most possible result in this game is HW and odds @1.70 - Interwetten is good enough for me.

EventNancy v Feyenoord
SelectionNancy
Strength10/10
Date30/11/2006
Bookmaker/PriceInterwetten @ 2.10 (Back)
ReasoningThere is one other thing which pushes me to bet on Nancy besides the power difference. In the groups, in the event of a points tie the following will apply: 1. Cumulative goal difference in group matches. 2. Total goals scored in group matches. 3. Away goals scored in group matches. 4. Higher UEFA coefficient entering the competition. If you check the table, you will see that even if Feyenoord loses today, if they beat Wisla in the last match then they will still proceed unless if a scenario or smtg like this happens ; Basel wins 0-3 tonight and Feyenoord loses 2-0. Then the goal difference will be (0) for Basel and (-2) for Feyenoord. Then Feyenoord should beat Wisla with 3 goal difference... It's the only and unlikely to be possible scenario that will eleminate Feyenoord. Unter these circumtanes and with these odds, "strong" and "stronger" Nancy should win this game.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) FK Austria Magna Wien - AC Sparta Praha 2 @ 2.80 Sportingbet FK Austria Magna Wien - AC Sparta Praha Over 2.5 @2.10 10Bet Austria Magna Out: Stepan Vachousek Andreas Schicker Arek Radomski Fränky Schiemer Mario Tokic Gerd Wimmer Fernando Troyansky Jocelyn Blanchard Hannes Aigner Roman Wallner

So for today I think i'll go on Eintracht's victory, Newcastle has injuries they are already qualified and will play with some unexperienced players. I saw how the atmosphere is on Eintracht's stadium, the supporters we're jumping and the stadium was "moving" . Home victory @ 1.55
Yes, Dyer, Duff and several other players will miss tonight's clash, but Newcastle arrived in Germany with a very respectable squad. According to German TV, Sibierski, Butt, Milner, Given, Taylor, Luque, Solano, Bramble,...,are all likely to start the match.One way or another, Newcastle will have a very strong lineup on the pitch, surely much stronger then the one of Frankfurt who're clearly overachieving this season and are also missing match-winner Alex Meier.In other words, Frankfurt are no better than rubbish.Just a mediocre side who lacks creativity.Not to mention some huge luck over whole seasona and a number of lucky results.I've watched them against both Palermo "B" and Celta in the previous rounds and there's absolutely no reason to believe them.Newcastle are different world and with just a little effort and some motivation they should easily win this one!

Tip Detail
EventFrankfurt v Newcastle
SelectionLay Frankfurt (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date30/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.77 (Lay)
ReasoningUEFA Cup - 2nd stage, Thursday 30 Nov 2006 - 19:45 Sorry but I'm not having this. Newcastle were written off before a ball was kicked in Palermo and came away with the win. They were seriously depleted at home to Vigo but came back from a goal down to the win the game. Look how seriously British clubs are taking UEFA cup this year, not one side has lost in the group stage yet. Despite Newcastle's poor league standing they are beginning to play good football under Roeder and is a chance for some 'fringe' players to make a stake for the first team side. Frankfurt are a very average German side, Newcastle team tonight will not be that weak.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) Last chance for FC Basel to survive in UEFA Cup..because I see for Wisla the game is over:home game against Basel and last one is away against Feyenoord,hard way to make 6 points in this 2 games for Wisla,now they have 0 points made in 2 games.Basel with 3 games already and 2 points,just only defeat away with Blackburn(canot compare Wisla with Blackburn)I think will fight for win in this game.Anyway both team dont have a good season but Uefa Cup is something different..Wisla with 2 important players mising:Sobolewski(national team and Wisla mildfilder) and Mihailovic(national team and Wisla defender)and I think no interest for this game canot make trouble for more motivation team Basel.Basel full strenght..only Eduardo is misiing ..will fight for their last chance hardly.I see here away victory .The odds are high 2.75 for Basel.So good luck!

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) Black season for french team in Uefa Cup..Auxerre and Lens stay on the edge until last games..Nancy is almost in the same situation..they must win at least one game to make sure their future in Uefa Cup..and maybe this game will be against Feyenoord(last game will be away against Blackburn)..ok..I read here one post about why almost all french team have Over 2.5 in played games in Uefa Cup..I agree with this..and I see in this game at least 3 or 4 goals scored..Nancy scored 4 goals in Uefa..Feyenoord just one...but form for dutch team is bad(defeat in Dutch league with 4-1 away from NEC which I can say is not the best team in Dutch league!!)...Nancy to win must score first time..we have already one goal:))..another 2 I sure will come!!!..2.15 for Over 2.5 at gamebookers looks good for me

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) No reason for this big odd..why?..let see:Austria W. this season in T-Mobile Bundesliga is just a shadow at was they are last season..just with 4 points ahead for last place?!!!!...bad form..explanation is simple:many players are injured..was not only one game for Austria W. which they have full strenght...same situation is now in Uefa cup:match against Sparta Praga..Austria W. have 23 players in their first team and now 10 are injury:Troyansky,Schicker,Wallner,Blanchard,Radomski and other 5 players..I ask myself with which team they play this evening against Sparta Praga...anyway the Sparta coach said :"We are favourite in this game"..and Im sure he knows what he said ..with 2.60 at gamebookers this bet will bring a lot of money:)

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) Good price for me..at 1.55 for Espanyol to score looks sure bet:))..I saw the match between Sparta R-Ajax...I see the defence for Ajax looks like hooland butter..anyway Ajax form goes down...and Espanyol have players to score..in last 5 or 6 games in Primera..Espanyol scored at least one goal in each match...and they make s better in Uefa cup..GS: 8..but I see another record Ajax have GS 3 and GA 0.????..and this push me to take for this bet a medium stake: 5 ..1.55 at gamebookers

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) Hard to fiind this bet...I try it to fiind at bet1o,gamebookers..but nothing?!:))...I wonder why?..maybe because this bet is 99% sure ..2 teams ..one already go forward:Panathinaikos..another trying their first victory in Uefa Cup,this season,and for sure a step in next stage of Uefa Cup:Rapid Buc....I like both teams:they played well until now but for this game I dont have any ideea..just I see a white score in FT..I take a medium stake for this bet ...2.00 at bet365

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) Risky bet?:))..I saw games between Rapid and Boleslav..and Rapid with PSG...and I make for this bet one point to go:Rapid.Boleslav played very well against Rapid..with force and very creative..PSG looks very booring for me:nothing happened in the middle,lost balls,counterattack in low sRisky bet?:))..I saw games between Rapid and Boleslav..and Rapid with PSG...and I make for this bet one point to go:Rapid.Boleslav played very well against Rapid..with force and very creative..PSG looks very booring for me:nothing happened in the middle,lost balls,counterattack in low speed etc...with 2 players injury for PSG:Alain Frau and Paulo Cesar(the last one maybe will play but is not sure)..other star like Kalou,Pauleta looks in low form.For Boleslav if they take serious(and Im sure they do this)this game with their ambition I think they can take 3 points.Medium stakes. peed etc...with 2 players injury for PSG:Alain Frau and Paulo Cesar(the last one maybe will play but is not sure)..other star like Kalou,Pauleta looks in low form.For Boleslav if they take serious(and Im sure they do this)this game with their ambition I think they can take 3 points.Medium stakes. 2.5 at gamebookers

EventDinamo Bucuresti -Bayer Leverkusen
SelectionDinamo Bucuresti
Strength8/10
Date29/11/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 2.50 (Back)
ReasoningDinamo is strong at home ,two important players are caming back after suspensions(2 red card against Beskitas after Dinamo scored-late in the game).They are National team players and they are very important in defense.The stadium is sold out and the team is ready for important performance.Important game for qualificaton in UEFA. BAYER Butt – Castro, Madouni, Juan, Babic – B. Schneider, Freier, Athirson, Rolfes – Barbarez, Voronin Rezerves: Fernandez – Haggui, Kießling, Stenman, de Wit, Schwegler, Hübener Absents: Ramelow, Barnetta (mid) - injured Coach: Michael Skibbe DINAMO Gaev – Blay, Moti, St. Radu, Pulhac – Ad. Cristea, D. Serban, Margaritescu, C. Munteanu – I. Ganea, Cl. Niculescu Rezerves: Matache – Mihut, L. Goian, Predescu, Ropotan, Danciulescu, Mendy Absents: Ze Kalanga, Tames (mid) – injured, Pascovici ( def) Coach: Mircea Rednic Close game ,a draw is posible,but i go for home win! GL!
Good performance and good fotball by Dinamo Bucharest. Next is Totenham to fell the taste of defeating.:)

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) Panathinaikos - Rapid Bucuresti TBH this match will be decided by the more aggresive team. If Panathinaikos plays like they will battle for a win they will win. If they come on field looking like it's just another game that we must play they will be in trouble! Rapid is almost at full strength. Missings 2 very important: Coman GK and Mazilu striker. They will play in the 3-4-3 module with Moldovan upfront and 2 forwards Zicu and Buga. In a good day they can crush any defence. If the greeks will be hard tackle Zicu will play zero, the same Buga and Moldovan will be lost after 10 minutes. On the other hand i see Panathinaikos are resting some players for the match in the championship in week end. The list is : Ebede, Morris, Goumas, Ricardo Bovio, Victor Sanchez, Serici, Vintra, Papadopoulos. quite impressive isn't it? My bet will be Rapid +0.5 but ods dropped very fast since my last writing and now from over 1.8 to 1.65 and last they stopped at 1.73 GL

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) Panathinaikos - Rapid Bucuresti PANATHINAÏKOS Galinovic - Vyntra, Seric, Morris, Gkoumas – Bovio, Tziolis, Victor Sánchez, Ivanschitz – D. Papadopoulos, Salpiggidis Rezerves: Tzorvas – M. Nilsson, Kotsios, Andric, E. González, Theodoridis, Mantzios Absents: Ebede (gk), Romero (mid) Coach: Victor Muñoz Manrique RAPID Apoula – M. Constantin, Maftei, Rada – Badoi, Maldarasanu, C. Lazar, Art. Karamian – Buga, V. Moldovan, Zicu Rezerves: Minca – Perja, Sapunaru, N. Grigore, I. Stancu, Griffiths, Burdujan Absents: D. Coman (gk), Mazilu (str), N. Constantin (str), R. Stancu (mid) coach: Razvan Lucescu A game important for Rapid tonight,they must get some points from this or else the trip in Europe is over.Rapid will atack in this but Panatinaikos is a good team and they cant miss the win in this.rapid had some problemes in past games.They are not playing constant in last games .D. Papadopoulos si Salpiggidis are in good form lately and they could do some damage.The keeper of national team of Romania will mis the game and this is a very important absence. I think Panatinaikos are the better team here but depends of how motivated they will be tonight.I will go with the home side. Victor and Bovio are the most probably resting in this game,and they are important for the team Romero and Leontiou will replace them.Morriswill almost certainly start the game.Many changes and that makes the game dificult.I mentain my bet on home team but i lower my stake.a draw is posible. 4/10 2.00@bet 365 pick Panatinaikos

Tip Detail
EventAustria Vienna v Sparta Prague
SelectionLay Austria Vienna (Lay)
Strength5/10
Date30/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.00 (Lay)
ReasoningUEFA Cup - 2nd stage, Thursday 30 Nov 2006 - 19:45 Austria Vienna are a lay in this case. Why? If anyone is worse than Prague in this group then it's them. They are struggling (surprise) in their domestic league and have a tough trip to Pasching at the weekend. They also have numerous injuries to contend with. Basically this year the UEFA Cup is something they could well do without IMO. Prague as usual are doing well in their league but have failed to turn in some performances in the Cup. They even failed to put 10 man Ajax to the sword. Half stakes, both of these sides have been dire in the competition, draw could be the best bet.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) Austria Wien - Sparta Prague is a no bet for me. Austria were trashed by Zulte so they must be really poor (although their recent result show a sligh improvement). But then Sparta astonishingly lost at Zulte and they were pretty poor as well. Moreover, both teams have practically lost their chances to qualify for the next stage so I am not sure which team will be a bit more interested in winning this match. Good luck to all betting on it, anyway!

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Panathinaikos v Rapid Bukarest
Selection Panathinaikos
Strength 10/10
Date 30/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.12 (Back)
Reasoning Panathinaikos currently top the group with 2 wins from 2 and havn't yet to concede a goal, while Rapid Bukarest have drawm all 3 of there games. Panathinaikos are a good side a champions league side imo and with home advantage today there is no reason why they should slip up to Rapid. both team are going well in there own leagues this year and should be a tight game with few goals imo.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) Lookin at the Austria V Sparta Prague U should look at their respected home records and away records, Pragues away record is pretty poor since they are top of their league as they have only 2 wins out of 8 and those two wins were against very poor opposition and Austria's home record in the league is 10 withut loss 3- wins and 7- draws only Zulte have beated them in the UEFA cup, i thinks its a tentative punt on the draw!!

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Frankfurt v Newcastle
Selection Newcastle
Strength 5/10
Date 30/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price Bet1128 @ 5.25 (Back)
Reasoning Newcastle look great value tonight away to Franfurt, although Newcastle have had a dodgey season so far they seem to be coming back to there old selves recently. Frankfurt are mid table in there league and seem strong at home but at the prices Newcastle are defently worth a nibble at. Newcastle seem to go well in front of live cameras and shouldn't be ignored tonight.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) I think I am going to ask m wife to move to Europe because I love soccer (footbal - pardon me) too much. Well here goes for today: Event: Nancy vs Feyenoord Selection: Nancy -120 @Bodog 8/10 I feel this game should be tight one, Nancy with a win here will move on to the knock out stage. Feyenoord at the moment will be missing important midfield Theo Lucius as well as defender Dwight Tiendalli. Brazilian striker Kim will return to Nancy this week and they will need his offense for this one. On the road, in domestic league play, Feyenoord has compiled and average 3-1-3 record, while Nancy is an impressive 7-1-0 on home turf. This game won't be an easy one but I think Feyenoord may have a tough time in this one. I think this game may be low scoring but I am not crazy about the -165 odds for U2.5.... Celta Vigo v Fenerbache Selection: Over 2.5 +110@ BODOG 10/10 Celta needs this game badly and Fenerbache are confident they can win this game to qualify for the next round. Both teams have plenty of offense and I think we will see some fireworks in this one.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) Newcastle are apparantly going to field their best team. Their best team from the current set of players is: Given Solano Bramble Taylor Ramage Butt Emre Milner Sibierski Luque Martins This is a better team than Frankfurt. They're confidence will be good after beating a decent Portsmouth team on Saturday, they should have won by more. They have no match this weekend so all focus can go into winning tonight. Don't doubt Newcastle's willingness to win. They may be qualified but they'll still try 100% in this match. Newcastle +0.5 is a gift at 2.21. I can't see them losing.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) Game : Wisla Krakow - Rapid Buc. Ingenious is a thought that just came up in my head - since both teams appear to be utterly poor, therefore, I cannot help myself seeing it as a pinball scene, where goals are to be emerging out of nowhere - so, many goals just like that is a great likelihood! HOW ABOUT THAT?