** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30)

Wednesday 29 November 2006
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
AZ Alkmaar v Slovan Liberec (19:45 GMT)1.504.006.40108% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Besiktas v Club Brugge (19:45 GMT)1.913.403.75109% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Dinamo Bucharest v Bayer Leverkusen (19:45 GMT)2.373.252.50113% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Grasshoppers v Seville (19:45 GMT)4.003.501.82109% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Lens v Parma (19:45 GMT)1.903.253.40113% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Livorno v Maccabi Haifa (19:45 GMT)1.773.254.50110% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Osasuna v OB Odense (19:45 GMT)1.503.807.20107% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Partizan Belgrade v Auxerre (19:45 GMT)2.253.152.75113% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Thursday 30 November 2006
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Ajax v Español (19:45 GMT)2.003.404.00105% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Austria Wien v Sparta Praha (19:45 GMT)2.203.252.75113% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Celta Vigo v Fenerbahçe (19:45 GMT)1.803.404.10110% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Frankfurt v Newcastle (19:45 GMT)1.903.404.50105% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHat-Trick ScoredNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPenalty TakenRed CardTotal Goals
Mlada Boleslav v Paris St-G (19:45 GMT)2.373.252.70110% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Nancy v Feyenoord (19:45 GMT)2.103.203.35109% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Panathinaikos v Rapid Bukarest (19:45 GMT)1.663.304.50113% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Wisla Kraków v Basel (19:45 GMT)2.203.253.15108% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) Just an observation...I haven't taken the time to go back and count, but it seems to me that the French sides have scored many more goals in the Cup than they do in their league play...I'll try to go back and count, but anybody know whether this is true...and more important, why? Most teams from high-scoring leagues score less in Euro competition, but Auxerre, Nancy, etc. seem to be scoring at a higher rate...

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) Livorno v. Maccabi Haifa The odds for Maccabi look seriously heavy. Both sides are in with a shout of qualifying, neither side has really shone in the group games so far: Partizan Belgrade 1 1 Livorno Maccabi Haifa 1 0 Partizan Belgrade Rangers 2 0 Maccabi Haifa Maccabi Haifa 3 1 Auxerre Livorno 2 3 Rangers There was talk that Livorno did not want to qualify to the next stage of the UEFA cup due to it being a distraction for their Serie A campaign. I think they see this as a unique chance to finish high in the league due to the points taken from AC Milan, Fiorentina, Lazio and Reggina. They currently sit 4th in the league - potentially allowing them a CL spot! Odds look too high for Maccabi - 4.50 and the draw 3.25. Any thoughts?

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) AZ Alkmaar - Slovan Liberec AZ to beat Liberec @ 1.50 looks great.AZ's morale is very high, they some value players, and I saw the match against Sporting Braga. There was only 1 team on the field, AZ. Alkmaar defeated Herenveen 3-1 away and in the UEFA group has 2 victories in 2 matches (2-5 with Grasshopers and 3-0 with Sporting Braga) while Liberec in the only match away lost 4-0 with Sporting Braga. Pick : AZ win @ 1.50 Mlada Boleslav - PSG PSG lost 2-4 home with Hapoel Tel Aviv in UEFA group E while Mlada Boleslav drew in Bucuresti 1-1 with Rapid.I saw Rapid - Mlada and I must admit that Mlada was much much better than Rapid but thanks to Danut Coman, NT keeper, they didn't score in the first minute, when they've clearly dominated the match.PSG played with Rapid and they we're lucky the didn't lose and I don't know what happened in the match with Hapoel. I think Mlada is the better team and will win this one . Pick Mlada Boleslav @ 2.37 Dinamo Bucuresti - Bayer Leverkusen. Everyone was giving Club Brugge the first chance, when they played with Dinamo, I first said Dinamo not to lose after that I said Dinamo victory...This doesen't matter anymore now. Bayer Leverkusen played 2 matches in UEFA group B , with Club Brugge 1-1 and Tottenham 0-1, standing on the 4th place. Dinamo Bucuresti won against Besiktas 2-1 and drew in Belgium with Brugge 1-1, after a good game (Brugge scored from penalty kick). If Dinamo Bucuresti wins this game they are qualified to the next stage and I think they'll do.Moti and Margaritescu, 2 essential players for Dinamo will be back after they've seen the red card in the match with Besiktas. Pick : Dinamo win @ 2.37 Panathinaikos - Rapid Bucuresti Panathinaikos already qualified to the next stage while Rapid needs a victory. The only important missing for Rapid Bucuresti is the captain Vasile Maftei, after an injury in the match with Ceahlaul. Rapid drew with Mlada Boleslav, scored in the first minutes of the first half and they could have won in the last minutes after Zicu missed a huge chance after dribbled 4 or 5 defenders. A draw for Rapid means they'll stay home. Pick : Rapid win @ 4.50 Besiktas - Club Brugge I saw the both teams how they play in the matches with Dinamo. Two great teams that have a good atack but weak defence. Besiktas has 0 points after two matches loosing with Dinamo 1-2 and with Tottenham 0-2, and in the last match in Turkey League won agains Bursaspor with 3-1. Club Brugge has 2 points after 3 matches (draw with Dinamo 1-1, with Leverkusen and lost in England 3-1, against Tottenham , and in the last match in Jupiler League Brugge won 4-1 agains Club Brugge. If Club Brugge wants to go further they must win and I think they can after I saw how they played with Dinamo. Pick : Club Brugge win @ 3.75 Good luck everyone.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30)

Panathinaikos - Rapid Bucuresti Panathinaikos already qualified to the next stage while Rapid needs a victory. The only important missing for Rapid Bucuresti is the captain Vasile Maftei, after an injury in the match with Ceahlaul. Rapid drew with Mlada Boleslav, scored in the first minutes of the first half and they could have won in the last minutes after Zicu missed a huge chance after dribbled 4 or 5 defenders. A draw for Rapid means they'll stay home. Pick : Rapid win @ 4.50
Look out that GK Coman might not be available for this game because of the injury last night in the game vs National. IMO Coman is best GK in Romania, also he is national team's GK. I know that Pana is 99% qualified and don't care too much for this fixture, but there wil be 60.000 fans behind them and Rapid will have an extremely tough task. I'd go for safety here and try the AH +0.75 @ 1.77 , medium stake tho.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) Wisla Krakow - Basel Wisla has been terrible struggling recently, in the UEFA cup and even in the polish league. They lost two rounds in the national league, all UEFA cup matches so far. This year's round of the league is over, not much activity for the players, and one would think they might be well rested and ready to defeat Basil. No - I really dont think so. 1. Basil is slowly coming back to life (Nice and equal opponent to Nancy in the previous round), good performance against Zurich on Sunday (even lost 2-3). 2. Wisla players with not much activity and current bad-form recently, the rest is not really the thing that is gonna prepare them to beat active and improving Basel. Wisla Krakow - Basel, AW @ around 2.7 more then a tempting offer! :ok

Bet of the round must be Seville away to Grasshoppers.Sitting second in La Liga, don't concede many goals and great on the counter attack. A win here and qualfication is done and dusted.
Spanish teams have a terrible habit of grinding out draws away from home. Anyone else share my opinion or think otherwise? Some stats would be interesting, I think this might be a good spot for an unders bet.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) Sevilla played very poor football away against Liberec (CZ), they got a draw. Then just a few weeks later Spt. Braga beat-up Liberec 4-0... and I really think Sevilla is higher then Spt. Braga (0-2 last week). Not sure if that happened because Sevilla underestimated Liberec or they are having difficulties playing away....

Spanish teams have a terrible habit of grinding out draws away from home. Anyone else share my opinion or think otherwise? Some stats would be interesting' date=' I think this might be a good spot for an unders bet.[/quote']

Sevilla played very poor football away against Liberec (CZ), they got a draw. Then just a few weeks later Spt. Braga beat-up Liberec 4-0... and I really think Sevilla is higher then Spt. Braga (0-2 last week). Not sure if that happened because Sevilla underestimated Liberec or they are having difficulties playing away....
Sevilla played very poor football away against Liberec ??? :D :D :D Sevilla played what have need of. Liberec played against Sevilla very good on maximum limits his possibility. Sevilla momentarily belongs among best clubs in Europe.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) Yes, Sevilla did not show anything special at all in that match. They can do much better. I agree with you they are on of the best teams in Europe, but that evening Liberec could hold-on a draw and was even very dangerous for them - Liberec can't be compared to a team like Sevilla, which is enough to prove they just underestimated that match. That's my opinion.

Sevilla played very poor football away against Liberec ??? :D :D :D Sevilla played what have need of. Liberec played against Sevilla very good on maximum limits his possibility. Sevilla momentarily belongs among best clubs in Europe.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) two matches I'm looking forward to are, AZ Alkmaar v Slovan Liberec AZ to win any thoughts Ajax v Español Ajax to win any thoughts any opinions? Also I see Nancy v Feyenoord as a possible draw. Feyenoord is not scoring goals in this competition yet and have 2 draws to show for that lack of scoring. Nancy tends to play well at home in there domestic league and needs at least a point here to stay ahead of Feyenoord before playing what could be an important final game away to group leaders Blackburn. The question is how important is this competition to both clubs as they are both competitive in their domestic leagues right now. Will they want the silverware? Any in the know please repond. Max

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) I saw how Feyenoord played against Blackburn, they've created many scoring chances but didn't manage to score. I don't know what to say about this match, Nancy won 2-1 home against Wisla and drew 2-2 in Switzerland with Basel. Feyenoord has 2 draws 0-0 home with Blackburn (Feye should have won easily) and 1-1 away with Basel. A draw is possible but Feyenoord could win.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) Ajax - Espanyol Hopefully it will be the old good Ajax, who will play with Espanyol! What they showed away against Sparta Prague in the previous round of UEFA was nothing but a DISASTER! (draw 0-0) I saw the whole match and I could not believe my eyes! Was that team really Ajax, that team everybody is talking about?! All of my friend who were watching that match were just shocked... what a terrible and weak performance full of nerves (+1 red card for Ajax)... Hopefully, this time, when Ajax is playing at home (which is kind of important factor for them I guess), will be that "real old good Ajax", who can play football... But.. on the other hand - when I look at their weekend performance against Sparta Rotterdam, which is kind of weak dutch team - where they lost 0-3, I really DO NOT think their team-spirit had enough time to recover from two shocks in a row, and I personally can't see them as a clear fav against not that badly doing Espanyol... :spank For me X2 seems to be more realistic... (..and it's definitely not about Ajax's individuals, it's about Ajax's form and team-spirit in general.. and it seems to be suffering right now, but I dont know why? :$ )

Tip Detail
SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventLens v Parma
SelectionLens
Strength10/10
Date29/11/2006
Bookmaker/PriceCentrebet @ 1.52 (Back)
ReasoningUEFA Cup - 2nd stage, Wednesday 29 Nov 2006 - 19:45 I know I shouldn't because Parma have hurt me in the past but Lens really should put Parma 'B' team to the sword. Quite simple for the home side, win this and they follow Parma through to the next stage, draw and they will have to look at the other results. As usual Parma look set to rest a number of players. French side do have a good record at home in euro comps, they (Lens) have beaten Italian opposition at home on the 4 times it has happened (if that means anything). End of it all, I believe Lens to be sufficiently motivated, and skillful enough to get through this.

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Eintracht Frankfurt - Newcastle
Selection Frankfurt
Strength 10/10
Date 30/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.71 (Back)
Reasoning 1. Newcastle (ENG) 3 3 0 0 4 - 1 9 2. Fenerbahçe (TUR) 2 1 0 1 3 - 1 3 3. Palermo (ITA) 3 1 0 2 2 - 5 3 4. Celta (ESP) 2 0 1 1 2 - 3 1 5. Frankfurt (DEU) 2 0 1 1 2 - 3 1 Frankfurt are last and need 3 points here to still have chances of qualification. Newcastle have secured qualification and this is their last match in the group stage. They have a lot of injuries and the players who are from the first 11 and are not injured will be rested. I expect Newcastle to send a young and inexperienced team to Frankfurt and this should be no problem for the home side.

Ajax - Espanyol Hopefully it will be the old good Ajax, who will play with Espanyol! What they showed away against Sparta Prague in the previous round of UEFA was nothing but a DISASTER! (draw 0-0) I saw the whole match and I could not believe my eyes! Was that team really Ajax, that team everybody is talking about?! All of my friend who were watching that match were just shocked... what a terrible and weak performance full of nerves (+1 red card for Ajax)... Hopefully, this time, when Ajax is playing at home (which is kind of important factor for them I guess), will be that "real old good Ajax", who can play football... But.. on the other hand - when I look at their weekend performance against Sparta Rotterdam, which is kind of weak dutch team - where they lost 0-3, I really DO NOT think their team-spirit had enough time to recover from two shocks in a row, and I personally can't see them as a clear fav against not that badly doing Espanyol... :spank For me X2 seems to be more realistic... (..and it's definitely not about Ajax's individuals, it's about Ajax's form and team-spirit in general.. and it seems to be suffering right now, but I dont know why? :$ )
Dont be fooled from they last two defeats , both was with 1 red card in first half Ajax is young team and they cant psihologicly accept this kind of shocks... Without red cards Espanol dont have any chance against Ajax in the next game. Espanol is mediocre team almost already qualificated and Ajax will trush them with at least 2 golas margine. My advice is be carefoul with this one :dude

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) if brugge is on form, they will definitely get 3 points in istanbul.This is Besiktas's last chance and i think this will put the pressure on team.Also best defender of Besiktas and Turkey is injured from his shoulder.I write down Besiktas weakness here.If any Belgium friend confirms Brugge is on form, they can get 3 points easily.

EventAZ Alkmaar v Slovan Liberec
SelectionAZ Alkmaar -1.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date29/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.20 (Back)
ReasoningAZ is the group C leader with 2 wins in 2 matches. They scored 8 goals and took 2 against. Liberec played 3 games (1-1-1) scored only 4 and have 5 goals against. In their home leagues AZ scored 43 goals in 14 games while Liberec scored 22 in 16 games. AZ scores a lot and it won't be Liberec who will make them score less than 2 goals.
EventLens v Parma
SelectionUnder 2.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date29/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.73 (Back)
ReasoningThe two top teams in group D, still undefeated, will try not to loose this game. Parma have the advantage because they have 6 points and Lens only 4. Lens will try to win the game but if they draw they still have a chance in the last game. I guess Parma will be happy with a draw. Low scoring in this one, 0-0 or 1-0 for Lens.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) Ajax's play in Prague was a tragedy even before getting the red card. They were nervous and played nothing, so they started to be aggressive, which ended up with the red card. Their fault. Another good example of their terrible faiure was in the CL qualification with Copenhagen, where they lost! They are very unpredictable, at the moment losing most of the important non-league matches, and started to lose even in the league.... The only benefit for them now is they are playing at home - but I dont trust them anymore, compared to AZ or PSV, they showed me Ajax is not a squad of gods and they know how to play pretty poor soccer.. :cry

Dont be fooled from they last two defeats , both was with 1 red card in first half Ajax is young team and they cant psihologicly accept this kind of shocks... Without red cards Espanol dont have any chance against Ajax in the next game. Espanol is mediocre team almost already qualificated and Ajax will trush them with at least 2 golas margine. My advice is be carefoul with this one :dude

EventDinamo Bucuresti -Bayer Leverkusen
SelectionDinamo Bucuresti
Strength8/10
Date29/11/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 2.50 (Back)
ReasoningDinamo is strong at home ,two important players are caming back after suspensions(2 red card against Beskitas after Dinamo scored-late in the game).They are National team players and they are very important in defense.The stadium is sold out and the team is ready for important performance.Important game for qualificaton in UEFA. BAYER Butt – Castro, Madouni, Juan, Babic – B. Schneider, Freier, Athirson, Rolfes – Barbarez, Voronin Rezerves: Fernandez – Haggui, Kießling, Stenman, de Wit, Schwegler, Hübener Absents: Ramelow, Barnetta (mid) - injured Coach: Michael Skibbe DINAMO Gaev – Blay, Moti, St. Radu, Pulhac – Ad. Cristea, D. Serban, Margaritescu, C. Munteanu – I. Ganea, Cl. Niculescu Rezerves: Matache – Mihut, L. Goian, Predescu, Ropotan, Danciulescu, Mendy Absents: Ze Kalanga, Tames (mid) – injured, Pascovici ( def) Coach: Mircea Rednic Close game ,a draw is posible,but i go for home win! GL!

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) Considering punts on Dinamo (pk and -0.5 +107) and Lens (-1 -104). Parma are already through, will they play with any fire against Lens? Is Lens really able to win by 2? And Leverkusen also desperate, like Dinamo, so I don't think it's going to be an easy match. Any opinions on those two are welcome. Meanwhile, I took these two totals: UEFA Cup Soccer AZ Alkmaar/Liberec OVER 2.5 and 3 for Game -120 Dinamo Bucherest/Leverkusen OVER 2 and 2.5 for Game -112 AZ good for 2 or more, don't know why the total dropped from O 3. Dinamo and Leverkusen will both score IMO. BOL all

Yes, Sevilla did not show anything special at all in that match. They can do much better. I agree with you they are on of the best teams in Europe, but that evening Liberec could hold-on a draw and was even very dangerous for them - Liberec can't be compared to a team like Sevilla, which is enough to prove they just underestimated that match. That's my opinion.
OK, but Liberec is very good team in defence and Sevilla was with draw content. ;) GL

EventDinamo Bucuresti - Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Selectionaway win
Strength10/10
Date29/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.18 (Back)
Reasoning"We didnt came here to lose" said chairman of Leverkusen on the press conferance when they arrived to Romania. I had luck to wach almost all games from this group. First i watched game Dinamo-Besiktas, then Brugge-Dinamo and finally Leverkusen-Tottanham. First of all i must say that Leverkusen is one class over then Brugge,Besiktas and expecially over Dinamo.They are profesional team and have profesioanl players. Leverkusen was better then Tottanham,they should win that game 8who watchem tjat game knows what i am talking about).They domintated in the game,created a lot of chances,made a lot of shots,hit the post and goalkeeper of tottanham had a lucky night there in Germany.After that i watched Leverkusen agianst Cottbus.They are very strong and more important Leverkuses is not team wich will finish game after 0-1.they showed that in last two games (tottanham coz had 0-1 and cottbus when cottbus made 1-1). Dinamo won over Beisktas in first game 2-1. But how they won? From penalty wich was faw away from penalty.They have to thank to slovenian refree for that.That was really bad desision.Besiktas was better and created a lot of chances and dominated in all game in Romania.Dinamo showed nothing.They had a red card but before that also didnt show anything. I heard stadium is sol..:-)))) Wich stadium? Is that stadium in Romania? That cna be everything but not a stadium where will be payed a game for european cups..Atmosphere was borning against Besiktas and i dont expect anything new agains against Leverkusen.Also as i said Leverkusen is profesional team and even they play on full Anfield Road they know how to take what they need,and Leverkusen need here all three points and i am sure that will take. Dinamo defenced great against Brugge and toke oe point.Brugge scored from penalty wich also was not a good desision.But finally Dinamo stayed happy with one point. Brugge now play last game in Istanbul.After that Besiktas will play in Germany against Leverkusen.Dinamo will play last game in England. I think that Leverkusen will win here and in next game also against Beisktas so Tottanham,Leverkusen and DInamo will go to the next round...

EventDinamo Bucuresti - Bayer 04 Leverkusen
SelectionHT/FT Leverkusen/Leverkusen
Strength5/10
Date29/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 5.75 (Back)
ReasoningI said previously that i bolive in Leverkusen here. It seems that Dinamo will play with full team,they are very motiveted as is seems on their oficial web site but i think that they forget that Leverkusen is big team wich so mach years play in european cups and know how and whereto take points wich need. With Barberez and Schneider Leverkusen wil be too strong for Dinamo and for sure Leverkusen will dominate in all game and control the game in all 90 minutes.If Besiktas and Brugge could contol the game of Dinamo, Lverkusen will make that in best way.Probably will score in first half and keep that leading til end so my bet here will be Leverkusen on halftime/full time.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 29-30) Oposing Parma babies in UEFA Cup seems to be dangerous business. Lens are very motivated to win this match obviously, but fact Parma are playing their reserves and youngsters added to fact they are already qualified to the next stage is huge advantage for Parma in my opinion - babes are playing without any pressure in this match as nobody expected them to do anything significant, and that was the key of their good results so far. Prices around 1.50 for Lens are far from being tempting, and there is once again huge value on Parma @7+