December Backgammon League

slapdash

December Backgammon League  

1. 1.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: December Backgammon League My luck held up again. I just beat voiceofjoe 9-5. He doubled when ahead in the endgame, but I accepted because I thought I just about had pot odds (I needed to get one more double than him in four throws, basically), and of course I got the double. Still not sure if I was right to take it: I'll have to do the maths. Anyway: unlucky, VoJ.

Re: December Backgammon League Slap beat me 9-5, lost the 4pt game by 1 spot ! I think i wilted under the pressure of nearly being the first to beat him.... i was close but no :dude Then he wiped the floor with me on last game Well played Slap :clap:clap :clap - Your still unbeaten !! (but not unbeatable folks. :hope ) A bit like Mike Tyson in his early years, where is the Buster Douglas of the PL Backgammon Leagues??

Re: December Backgammon League

My luck held up again. I just beat voiceofjoe 9-5. He doubled when ahead in the endgame, but I accepted because I thought I just about had pot odds (I needed to get one more double than him in four throws, basically), and of course I got the double. Still not sure if I was right to take it: I'll have to do the maths. Anyway: unlucky, VoJ.
Slap please don't do the maths !! 'cos if you where wrong to call,I can't deal with Backgammon Bad Beats as well as Poker Bad Beats

I'm gonna withdraw from this' date=' it's a busy time for me at the mo and the games are a bit too long, good luck guys and girls. :ok[/quote'] Cheers for letting us know Paul :ok Have PM'd Rosco and Trouble_Now offering them the space place for December :ok Sorry McGin - have voided your result against Paul :sad (I dunno - these people who suffer 1 heavy defeat and give up :tongue2) Well done Slap - 3 wins out of 3 in the top division - you're keeping the BBP title for another month :clap :clap

Cheers for letting us know Paul :ok Have PM'd Rosco and Trouble_Now offering them the space place for December :ok Sorry McGin - have voided your result against Paul :sad (I dunno - these people who suffer 1 heavy defeat and give up :tongue2) Well done Slap - 3 wins out of 3 in the top division - you're keeping the BBP title for another month :clap :clap
What do I have to do to try and beat Slap?? Or even get to meet him :loon ??? Win my group and move to 1st division??? :unsure I am soon ready for some Slap... :nana

Re: December Backgammon League Indeed Pene :ok Top in Group B will be 4th in the new seedings and bottom in group A will be 5th in the new seedings ...... of course, depending on numbers, the top group may only be 3 players, so you may still not get to meet him :tongue2

Indeed Pene :ok Top in Group B will be 4th in the new seedings and bottom in group A will be 5th in the new seedings ...... of course' date=' depending on numbers, the top group may only be 3 players, so you may still not get to meet him :tongue2[/quote'] Well, if none of the group a players could beat him... surely group B players must have a try :loon

Indeed Pene :ok Top in Group B will be 4th in the new seedings and bottom in group A will be 5th in the new seedings ...... of course' date=' depending on numbers, the top group may only be 3 players, so you may still not get to meet him :tongue2[/quote'] ...and another things is... not very interesting to keep playing the same players... Why not move 2 up and 2 down??

Re: December Backgammon League Blotter (pointyarrows) and Silverun did manage to communicate and did meet for battle in the fields of fibs (in the friendliest manner of course). Victorious was Silverun by 9 points to the 3 of Blotter who kindly let me post my success :D yea I won one :nana

Cheers for letting us know Paul :ok Have PM'd Rosco and Trouble_Now offering them the space place for December :ok Sorry McGin - have voided your result against Paul :sad (I dunno - these people who suffer 1 heavy defeat and give up :tongue2) Well done Slap - 3 wins out of 3 in the top division - you're keeping the BBP title for another month :clap :clap
I will Take Pauls Place in this. (unless already filled) Need a break from Poker.

Blotter (pointyarrows) and Silverun did manage to communicate and did meet for battle in the fields of fibs (in the friendliest manner of course). Victorious was Silverun by 9 points to the 3 of Blotter who kindly let me post my success :D yea I won one :nana
Well Done old Boy, I suspect a similar score against Rosco if previous games are to go by.

Re: December Backgammon League Right, I've finished sulking now ;) McGin, pick a day, a time, and your preferred client (FIBS is mine, but I've got PartyGammon as well now, playing both as PointyArrows) and I'll see if I'm available. I should be except Sunday is no good, though. Rosco, I'll wait until you are "officially" in group "D" before we arrange the game, if that's ok?

Re: December Backgammon League Just had a very good game with Mr V - could seriously have gone either way, but I was fortunate enough to win 9-5 in the end. We played on FIBS, so was looking forward to looking at the computer analysis of our match, but unfortunately a crash midway through makes this impossible ..... will look at some individual games though and see what the results of that is......

Guest gazza271

Re: December Backgammon League Spurman just beat me 9 - 3, well played mate, did try to say GG but it wouldnt let me :\ I messed up big style on one of the doubling cubes :( Like having AA, just couldnt lay it down :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Good game mate :ok

Guest gazza271

Re: December Backgammon League Sam just kicked my butt 9 - 2 :clap :clap :clap Good game but Sam was always in control :ok Well played mate and please dont feel guilty about making me a relegation cert ;)