slapdash

December Backgammon League  

1. 1.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Backgammon League

Initial Groups (so far) Group A Slapdash elmcroft Penelopeys Group B Jaded Gotafancy? Valiant23 Group C Spurman Gazza271 PocketLady
Just to clarify how I see the "scoring" working. At the end of the month, the new seedings would be: 1) Winner Group A 2) 2nd Group A 3) Winner Group B 4) Last Group A 5) 2nd Group B 6) Winner Group C 7) Last Group B 8) 2nd Group C 9) Last Group C So last place in Group A cannot fall below 4th and the winner of Group C cannot rise above 6th, though you will probably find yourself in a different group the following month. This assumes 9 entrants - if we get 10, then Group A would have 4 players and the new postions would be: 1) Winner Group A 2) 2nd Group A 3) 3rd Group A 4) Winner Group B 5) Last Group A 6) 2nd Group B 7) Winner Group C 8) Last Group B 9) 2nd Group C 10) Last Group C Making sense or am I taliing carp?

GaF' date=' Nikki's out at mo but said she wants to play :ok[/quote'] No worries mate - she has plenty of time :ok This poll will close on 30-11-2006 at 19:04 Might mention this to a few of the players from the PokerNightLive forum - I won't spam their forum but will just mention it if I see them at the tables :ok

Just come over from the PNL forums' date=' looks good to me, I'll play if the groups permit.[/quote'] Nice one mate :welcome to the Lounge Everyone who wants to can play - I'll change the group sizes (3 or 4 players) to make sure everyone gets in :ok As you didn't play in the last league though, you'll have tyo start at the bottom (and work your way up) I'm afraid. Up to you mate (obviously!!) however this is only 3 (or 2) games per calendar month........

Groups Group A Slapdash PistonBroke VoiceofJoe elmcroft Group B Penelopeys Jaded Gotafancy? Valiant23 Group C Catnikki999 Spurman Gazza271 PocketLady Group D Blotter Paul Ross McGin
Here are the groups for December - good luck all :ok

Re: December Backgammon League I'm out of Focus Game (poker) :sad Anyone from Group B available for a game? My preferred client is Fibs (Java Fibs to be exact) because the Hand History can be imported into GNU afterwards for analysis (and thus improvement ;) ) but happy to play on any of the 3 :ok

Re: December Backgammon League 3 "noobies" in Group D - this group may have a bit of a more variable standard than the others ..... once the rankings settle down though, we should all end up in groups with people at a similar standard :ok

Re: December Backgammon League Worldgammon.com and PartyGammon (PartyPoker subsidiary) are pay money sites that also have Play money tables you can practice on (against other human opponents or Bots) FIBS is a play money only site that is where the "enthusiasts" play. It is good for learning/improving your game as hand histories can be exported for analysis - you can see after a game exactly what your blunders were and what you should have done. I use the Java FIBS interface. GNU Backgammon is a great piece of (offline) software. You can use this to analyse your plays at FIBS or to play against Bots on your PC (tutor mode will stop you and ask if you want to reconsider if you make a large blunder) There will be a £150 Worldgammon freeroll this afternoon at 16:30 with another at 18:00, which may also be broadcast on Gammon Night Live (Sky ch 843 or webcast) between 5pm and 8pm. PS If you want to join the league in Group D, there is still a space and you are more than welcome - all play is on free tables