** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Australia - A League Round 14 (Nov 24-26)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australia - A League Round 14 (Nov 24-26)

high fives allround! FG you must be loving this :)
And when I seen Perth 0 - Knights 1 I thought you would be loving this :rollin The Melbourne game is the first time this season they didn't take their chances. They played well enough, but if you kook at their shots for goal for the season, it is not high, but their conversion rate is, and today they didn't convert, but the Jets did. That's the only difference in the game. Melbourne had 2 golden chances and didn't take them. Still can't believe the Jets were at $6 for this game. Wish they had of played like that last week tho against Perth.

I thought statistically melbourne should have won this encounter:lol
Gotta agree there Ice and well said :ok But statistics don't take into account a hard game on the road the week before and Melbourne carrying niggling injuries which combined made them tire in the second half. Stats don't take into account the players they had missing. But yeah you are spot on! :cheers

And when I seen Perth 0 - Knights 1 I thought you would be loving this :rollin The Melbourne game is the first time this season they didn't take their chances. They played well enough, but if you kook at their shots for goal for the season, it is not high, but their conversion rate is, and today they didn't convert, but the Jets did. That's the only difference in the game. Melbourne had 2 golden chances and didn't take them. Still can't believe the Jets were at $6 for this game. Wish they had of played like that last week tho against Perth.
Was probably also worth considering that the Victory had several niggling injuries and were missing Muscat. Also, with the table the way it is, it's perhaps worth mentioning that the motivation for the Victory isn't as great as it might otherwise be. It's hardly the type of game where they are obliged to bust their gut. On the Perth game, Harnwell in again. 2-1 to Perth

well teams have off games & sometimes play above themselves....sorry to say this BJ but there are other factors to think about beides stats....:)
Well if you look back at my review for the Melbourne game Ice, Melbourne had all the stats in their favour but the outside factors advised me to say don't back Melbourne as they were a risk today. I also said the Jets at $6 the win or +1 AH were better value than Melbourne to win. I also said no bet for me as Melbourne are not value. So I went against my own stats due to other factors. So stats aren't everything to me, just a guide, have to have your own judgment in there too. I have only followed the A League this year and can only go on what has happened before to help make a decision on a game. By the way, Perth will win this game as I suggested.:ok

Was probably also worth considering that the Victory had several niggling injuries and were missing Muscat. Also, with the table the way it is, it's perhaps worth mentioning that the motivation for the Victory isn't as great as it might otherwise be. It's hardly the type of game where they are obliged to bust their gut. On the Perth game, Harnwell in again. 2-1 to Perth
all teams have niggling injuries....it was lucky Muscut was missing becuase he would normally fcuk things up & get sent off anyway for losing his cool & chopping someone from behind:ok he has done it his whole career & won't be changing his style in a hurry:lol

By the way' date=' Perth will win this game as I suggested.:ok[/quote'] You'd certainly think so, particularly with the red card, which was madness. Can't say I'm on anything though - Perth odds were too short for my liking, but with the compact defence of the Knights I didn't see the AH as a good option either.

3-1 to Perth. Harnwell gets his hat-trick. Set up nicely by Bertos who made an enterprising run down the wing before cutting inside and setting up Harnwell. That should see Perth home.
I backed Perth at -1 and took the scoreline 3-0 but the early NZ goal kinda destroyed the scoreline bet. Knights have played well though and were always going to be up against it when Sellas got sent off. They have fought hard though and kept at it. Perth love playing Sunday afternoons and they have a high win% for the Sunday afternoon games. I suspect the afternoon heat has much to do with that.

I backed Perth at -1 and took the scoreline 3-0 but the early NZ goal kinda destroyed the scoreline bet. Knights have played well though and were always going to be up against it when Sellas got sent off. They have fought hard though and kept at it. Perth love playing Sunday afternoons and they have a high win% for the Sunday afternoon games. I suspect the afternoon heat has much to do with that.
Completely off topic but the game and round is good as over. Backed Bolton to win 3-0 last night at 80 only to wake up to see them win 3-1. Somebody should ban away teams from scoring :lol You would certainly think the heat has something to do with it. The Roar did manage to win there but Queenslanders are no strangers to the sun.

Completely off topic but the game and round is good as over. Backed Bolton to win 3-0 last night at 80 only to wake up to see them win 3-1. Somebody should ban away teams from scoring :lol You would certainly think the heat has something to do with it. The Roar did manage to win there but Queenslanders are no strangers to the sun.
Gutsy bet Oscar and great win by Bolton. Crikey you were close to a big collect. :dude

Re: Australia - A League Round 14 (Nov 24-26) FT Perth Glory 4 - 1 New Zealand Knights 1' H. Noah (NZK) 10' J. Harnwell (PG) 41' J. Harnwell (PG) 61' J. Harnwell (PG) 80' B. Despotovski (PG) Bad luck with the Knights Ice. After a promising start they ended up down a few goals, largely due to having only 10 players for the second half and the late afternoon heat. At least the Knights managed to score away from home and that's an improvement on recent games. :ok PS: Thanx for the early morning Knights debate too as it made work go quicker and kept me amused.