** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Australia - A League Round 14 (Nov 24-26)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australia - A League Round 14 (Nov 24-26) Perth Glory Vs New Zealand Knights

Past matches

Oct 06, 2006

A-League

Perth Glory

1 - 0

NZ Knights

Jan 19, 2006

A-League

NZ Knights

1 - 4

Perth Glory

Nov 11, 2005

A-League

Perth Glory

3 - 0

NZ Knights

Sep 22, 2005

A-League

NZ Knights

0 - 1

Perth Glory

One sided traffic here as Perth have never lost to the NZ Knights, and keeping the away team to 3 clean sheets in the process. In two visits to the Perth ground the Knights have failed to score, and that’s some record.

Last 8

Games

M

W

D

L

P

F

A

Perth

Home

Knights

Away

Perth have a fair record at home, but the away form of the Knights makes Perth’s home record look sensational. That is some away record held by the Knights, especially when you consider their record shows they have not won away in their last 8 games.

HOME and AWAY records

R

Date

Home

Score

Away

HT

Crowd

>2.5

HT

FT

9/3/2006

Perth Glory

2 - 0

CC Mariners

0-0

No

X

9/10/2006

Perth Glory

1 - 1

Sydney FC

0-1

No

X

9/24/2006

Perth Glory

1 - 2

Melbourne

0-0

Yes

X

10/6/2006

Perth Glory

1 - 0

NZ Knights

1-0

No

10/15/2006

Perth Glory

1 - 2

Queensland

1-1

Yes

X

11/18/2006

Perth Glory

2 - 1

Newcastle

1-0

Yes

R

Date

Home

Score

Away

HT

Crowd

>2.5

HT

FT

9/15/2006

Queensland

5 - 0

NZ Knights

1-0

Yes

10/6/2006

Perth Glory

1 - 0

NZ Knights

1-0

No

10/14/2006

Newcastle

3 - 0

NZ Knights

0-0

Yes

X

10/22/2006

Adelaide Utd

4 - 2

NZ Knights

2-0

Yes

11/10/2006

Sydney FC

4 - 0

NZ Knights

1-0

Yes

As can be seen above the Perth Glory has had some excellent results at home against the better performed teams, and they have done that without Colisimo and Laziridis for the most part, fair effort. The Knights have a terrible record away from home. As far as records go, the Knights hold nearly every bad record in the league. They have had 17 goals kicked against them in their last 5 games away, you could not even consider putting money on them to win with that form.

Goals Per Shots

Team

Shots

Goals

Shots per goal

Total

Perth Glory

Total

NZ Knights

Team

On goal

Goals

Shots per goal

Home

Perth Glory

Away

NZ Knights

Perth have scored four times as many goals as the Knights and as far as shots per goals go they score 2.5 goals to the Knights one, not a very good record by the Knights there. Home and away it is a no brainer as Perth have nearly twice as many shots at home to the Jets away, and the Glory can score every 14 shots while it takes the Knights about 28 to score a goal. A rabid dog would have more shots than new Zealand away from home.

Times Goals Scored

Perth Glory

2 - 4

0 - 2

4 - 2

2 - 4

3 - 1

5 - 7

NZ Knights

1 - 3

0 - 2

0 - 4

0 - 6

2 - 5

1 - 8

I am expecting Perth to kick one goal in the first half and 2 in the second half an plan to back them for the 3-0 scoreline.

I don’t have any more time to add anything else, and to be honest, Stevie Wonder could look at the above stats and tell you that perth will win by 2 goals or more. If Ice said to Stevie that the Knights could win I think Stevie would just shake his head and say he had a better record than the Knights.

Every conceivable stat, every conceivable record in the A League says that Perth will win this game and that the Knights would have more hope of scoring at a nite club after the game, and I agree God damn it. There is an old adage that records are made to be broken, and the Knights have broken every losing record there is. If I asked Rex Hunt his thoughts on the Knights he would say they are Shcaissenhausen!!. If I asked Chopper, he would say they need to “Harden the fcuk up”.

Perth will have the Glory today and the Knights will have a long, long flight home.

BET

Perth -1 Handicap with Draw @ $1-65

Perth to Win 3-0 Correct Scoreline @ $7-50

Re: Australia - A League Round 14 (Nov 24-26) WEB LIVE RADIO BROADCASTS At the time of writing it was 4-35pm AEDT Melbourne game is less than 30 minutes away Melbourne Victory v Newcastle Jets Sunday 26 November 2006 5:00pm AEDT (4.00pm AEST (Qld only), 4.30pm ACDT, 2.00pm AWST) Radio SEN 1116AM (Melbourne) www.sen.com.au Perth Glory v New Zealand Knights Sunday 26 November 2006 4.00pm AWST (7.00pm AEDT, 6.00pm AEST (QLD only), 6.30pm ACDT, 9.00pm NZDT) Radio SportFM (Perth) 90.5FM www.sportfm905.com 990AM Information Radio (Perth) www.inforadio.com.au

Re: Australia - A League Round 14 (Nov 24-26) STARTING LINE UPS Melbourne Victory (gk) Eugene Galekovic Mark Byrnes Steve Pantelidis Fred Daniel Allsopp Archie Thompson Rodrigo Vargas Kristian Sarkies Adrian Caceres Adrian Leijer Grant Brebner Substitutes (gk) Peter Gavalas Michael Ferrante Alessandro James Robinson Newcastle Jets Ben Kennedy (gk) Steve Eagleton Jade North Milton Rodriguez Matt Thompson Vaughan Coveny Nick Carle Paul Okon © Stuart Musialik Joel Griffiths Paul Kohler Substitutes Ivan Necevski (gk) Adam D'Apuzzo Mark Bridge Steven Old

Re: Australia - A League Round 14 (Nov 24-26) Sorry guys havnt been at the computer. Good first half and both sides have had chances to score. The Jets have been serving it up to the Victory and I think the Jets might be able to get something in the second half. Their pace is worrying Melbourne. The Victory have been good on the counter attack and probably should have scored thru Allesandrio but he didn't take his chance. Stand in keeper made a great save.

Re: Australia - A League Round 14 (Nov 24-26) 55m and still 0-0 Keeper for the Jets is on fire with some great saves. Melbourne have upped the ante here and shutting the Jets down to some extent. Allesandrio getting a bit of it but he always tries to go around someone instead of being more team orientated, and keeps turning it over. Home side on top at the moment tho,

Re: Australia - A League Round 14 (Nov 24-26) Bad luck guys and against the run of play to be honest, but they have always threatened Melbourne should be in front already but havnt taken their chances. Thought this may be a danger game for the home side that's why I didn't bet. Victory capable of scoring 2 goals to win tho.

Re: Australia - A League Round 14 (Nov 24-26) Perth / NZ under 2.5 @2.15 (Centrebet) The heat usually means less running as players try to conserve energy so they can last the game. I expect NZ to play it very tight up until half time and look to pinch one on the break in the second half. Lot of value on the under considering Perth are not noted for their scoring. While i doubt NZ will score, can't see Perth scoring 3 for this game to go over, that is, unless NZ just give up from the opening whistle.