** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Australia - A League Round 14 (Nov 24-26)

Re: Australia - A League Round 14 (Nov 24-26) Central Coast vs Adelaide Should be a great game tonight, but its one i favour Adelaide to win. The Mariners return to their home ground after 4 straight away matches which saw them pick up only 5 points of a possible 12 with only 1 win. At home CCM have traditionally been pretty strong having not lost a match at home this year and if you take a look at Adelaides away form they have only won 2 of 7 on the road, with 4 losses. You actually have to go back over a year since Central Coast were defeated at home, but interestingly it was Adelaide that last defeated them at home so that would fill United with some comfort. Those away stats are a bit of a worry for Adelaide though but you have to remember they did beat Melbourne on the road a few weeks back which was a huge scalp considering thats their only loss. One thing you can expect here is a low scoring match as Adelaide average only 0.57 goals a game on the road while CCM average 1.50 and 2 of their past 4 matches head to head have ended 1-1. I do think we will see a result tonight though because Adelaide have only drawn one match this season which was the 0-0 in round 5 to Queensland. As for the team sheets, there are two very signifficant transfers to discuss. Adelaide welcome Romario, the Brazillian superstar who has scored nearly 1,000 goals in his career and was captain of the Brazil side which lifted the 1994 World Cup trophy. From all reports he is still as fit as ever and he will make an impact tonight im sure. The other signifficant news is the fact Damien Mori has left the Mariners to join Queensland, this is a huge huge loss for CCM as they have nearly lost half their goals scored for the season now as was the impact he makes. He is the national teams top scorer of all time and was the main reason for the midseason CCM revival. But getting back to team news, Central Coast welcome back Noel Spencer, Andre Gumprecht, Tom Pondeljak and Andrew Clark which are some pretty big inclusions. Not sure what their starting 11 will be yet but they have a pretty strong team in, the loss of Damien Mori is huge though and i really cant see where they will get their goals from. Adelaide welcome Romario as discussed, but Robert Cornthwaite has been promoted to the squad, they will miss Greg Owens though through injury which is a pretty big loss, Nathan Burns & Dez Giraldi remain out of the squad with injury seriously depleting their defence, but i think they have plenty of depth to cover that. Missing Burns & Owens will hurt though and if CCM can sneak an early goal they may be half a chance to get something out of this match. Looking at the prices and Adelaide are paying $2.40 which is good value i think. The draw does worry me a fair bit though and Adelaide on the (0) AH at $1.77 might be better for more cautious punters. But at $2.40 i dont want to miss out because without Damien Mori i cant see CCM scoring, and Romario will make a huge impact for Adelaide. The Draw/Adelaide HT/FT is good aswell because of the 13 games played this year, CCM have been level at half time in 8 of them while Adelaide have been level in 7 which suggests a close first half. I think a 1-1 cover bet on the correct score is a good idea considering 50% of the head to head results of these two teams have been 1-1, while Adelaide beat CCM last year 2-1 thanks to a 93rd minute goal at the depth which would of made it 3 out of 4 results being 1-1. Suggested Bets to Look Into: Adelaide to Win at $2.40 Draw/Adelaide at $5.50 Adelaide (0) AH at $1.77 Correct Score 1-1 at $6.50 (as cover)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australia - A League Round 14 (Nov 24-26) With the loss of Mori I feel the Mariners have lost a lot of their attacking potency. However, they are still a good defensive unit, so Adelaide on the Draw - No Bet market @ $1.85 is the bet for me. I think I will follow BJ with Romario but for last goal scorer, just for the romance of it. To be honest the game doesn't strike me as too appealing, so I will probably watch the Rugby League Tri-Nations match. Good luck to everyone on the game tonight.

Re: Australia - A League Round 14 (Nov 24-26)

With the loss of Mori I feel the Mariners have lost a lot of their attacking potency. However' date=' they are still a good defensive unit, so Adelaide on the Draw - No Bet market @ $1.85 is the bet for me. I think I will follow BJ with Romario but for last goal scorer, just for the romance of it. To be honest the game doesn't strike me as too appealing, so I will probably watch the Rugby League Tri-Nations match. Good luck to everyone on the game tonight.[/quote'] :loon Oscar You don't want to see some World Class Brazilian magic strutting their stuff? I just wish they were playing in Melbourne, would love to go and see him play. Cheers on the punt!

:loon Oscar You don't want to see some World Class Brazilian magic strutting their stuff? I just wish they were playing in Melbourne, would love to go and see him play. Cheers on the punt!
I might flick over at half time or something. I've found much better bets for the Tri-Nations game, so naturally I need to be watching that :ok

I might flick over at half time or something. I've found much better bets for the Tri-Nations game' date=' so naturally I need to be watching that :ok[/quote'] A little off subject, but who do you like to win in the Tri-Nations? Might have to have a look at putting a bet on if your confident on something. Will be a big night of sports for me. Ill be flicking through the chanels myself, will be mainly watching the A-League but the NBL All-Star match is on tonight, plus if i have a bet on the Tri-Nations it will give me something else to keep an eye on.

Re: Australia - A League Round 14 (Nov 24-26) Mmm. I really hate the fact that CCM are undefeated at home and Adelaide have scored so few away. But I agree they should win... will this Romario guy shine for them or choke. I would have liked more value on the Adelaide draw-no bet but I'll have to take it.

A little off subject, but who do you like to win in the Tri-Nations? Might have to have a look at putting a bet on if your confident on something. Will be a big night of sports for me. Ill be flicking through the chanels myself, will be mainly watching the A-League but the NBL All-Star match is on tonight, plus if i have a bet on the Tri-Nations it will give me something else to keep an eye on.
I don't have anything that I'd say is a banker bet, but Australia to lead at half-time by 1-8pts @ $3.35 (Sportingbet) is excellent value IMO. I'd have priced it at around $2.20. For a long shot, David Kidwell for first try-scorer @$34 is overpriced as well. He has a real ability to find the line so it's worth a lazy $5 or something for good value.

Mmm. I really hate the fact that CCM are undefeated at home and Adelaide have scored so few away. But I agree they should win... will this Romario guy shine for them or choke. I would have liked more value on the Adelaide draw-no bet but I'll have to take it.
Romario has played successfully in World Cups on the big stage so can't really see him choking down under in Gosford, NSW :ok Yeh that is not a good Stat Koi, CCM unbeaten at home, and Adelaide not so powerfuk away. Adelaide have scored last 4 games away tho, and CCM have out players who have scored almost 50% of their goals this season.

Re: Australia - A League Round 14 (Nov 24-26) Click HERE for LIVE STATS of the GAME This Adelaide radio station must be a religous station, not that there's anything wrong with that, but i don't want to hear how to be a good christian while listening to a football match. Why would you want to go to heaven anyways? All the fun people are going to hell :drums

I thought it was an hour and 20 minutes. Looks like I can watch the first half after all.
It's on at 7pm on Foxtel and the radio just said the match will start in 10 minutes. If they don't get this Christian Do Gooder music off shortly I will turn the bloody thing off.

And theres the kick off' date=' the match looks electrifying. A real buzz in the crowd an the commentators think their will be a record crowd tonight!![/quote'] Keep us updated Ads as I am at work busting my guts and listening to this Christian Station. If the mariners score I wont know whether to swear or not :loon

Sounds like Romario had a great chance in the six yard box to open the scoring but cleared at last line.
Ball across the face of goal from a free kick fell to Romario (he was offside, but goal I believe would have stood), Mariners fullback intervened as he shot and the ball got tangled at his feet. Immediately after this the Mariners got away for a great one on one chance that was shot straight to the Adelaide keeper. HT 0-0

Ball across the face of goal from a free kick fell to Romario (he was offside, but goal I believe would have stood), Mariners fullback intervened as he shot and the ball got tangled at his feet. Immediately after this the Mariners got away for a great one on one chance that was shot straight to the Adelaide keeper. HT 0-0
That's good as that's what I predicted in my review a 0-0 scoreline at half time, and that's why I took the Draw/Adelaide Double. I also predicted Adelaide to score in the 30 minute period after half time, so I hope that comes true :hope

Hows it looking Oscar? Romario missed a sitter accoring to the radio. Should have been first scorer and at great odds :wall
Tri Nations started, so I've actually turned over to that. I saw Romario have a shot about 10mins ago but it was from a tight angle and by no means a siter. Might have been a different incident.

Re: Australia - A League Round 14 (Nov 24-26) Never would have predicted this. First half dozen games the Mariners cannot score Mariners get Damian Mori who scores 6 goals in eight games Mori leaves on the weekend to go to Queensland Mori plays first game for Queensland who average over 20 shots a game and they don't score Mariners without Mori score multiple goals against one of the best defences in the league What makes it even worse is that Romario could have quite easily had 2 goals and had Adelaide 2-0 up :@ :@ :@