2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Championship

SONY ERICSSON CHAMPIONSHIPS Group Designations (numeric prefix denotes seeding) YELLOW GROUP 1. Amélie Mauresmo (FRA) 3. Justine Henin-Hardenne (BEL) 5. Nadia Petrova (RUS) 8. Martina Hingis (SUI) RED GROUP 2. Maria Sharapova (RUS) 4. Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) 6. Kim Clijsters (BEL) 7. Elena Dementieva (RUS) The round robin stage of the Sony Ericsson Championships will be conducted over four days between Tuesday and Friday, with each player meeting the other three women in their Group (with one day’s rest). The Top 2 performers in each Group advance to Saturday’s semifinals (the No.1 performer in each Group taking on No.2), with the final scheduled for Sunday. LET'S GET READY TO LOOSE SOME MONEY

Re: 2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Championship Starting at 18.00 - Tuesday Amelie Mauresmo (1, FRA) vs Nadia Petrova (5, RUS) Not Before 20.00 Maria Sharapova (2, RUS) vs Elena Dementieva (6, RUS) followed by Justine Henin-Hardenne (3, BEL) vs Martina Hingis (7, SUI)

Re: 2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Championship Amelie Mauresmo vs Nadia Petrova If in-from Petrova wants to advance from the group it's very important that she get a good start in the tournament. Her first opponent World Nr.1 Mauresmo has been out with a shoulder injury and hasn't been able to practice properly, coming to this tournamnent out-of-shape and the self-confidence doesnt seem to be on top. "I'm a bit short of practice and I'm not sure I'll be able to serve at 100 percent, but I'll be fresher than the other girls. I've got a tiny chance of finishing the year at number one. That would be the icing on the cake after a great year, but I'm not counting on it too much." She's not the most stable player on the WTA either which makes this a 50-50 match. What concerns me is Petrova's bad ability to convert her chances vs the "big-names". She doesn't seem to be able to handle the pressure so only medium stakes. Nadia Petrova - 2.25 @ Stan James 8/10

Re: 2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Championship

Amelie Mauresmo vs Nadia Petrova If in-from Petrova wants to advance from the group it's very important that she get a good start in the tournament. Her first opponent World Nr.1 Mauresmo has been out with a shoulder injury and hasn't been able to practice properly, coming to this tournamnent out-of-shape and the self-confidence doesnt seem to be on top. "I'm a bit short of practice and I'm not sure I'll be able to serve at 100 percent, but I'll be fresher than the other girls. I've got a tiny chance of finishing the year at number one. That would be the icing on the cake after a great year, but I'm not counting on it too much." She's not the most stable player on the WTA either which makes this a 50-50 match. What concerns me is Petrova's bad ability to convert her chances vs the "big-names". She doesn't seem to be able to handle the pressure so only medium stakes. Nadia Petrova - 2.25 @ Stan James 8/10
you can get 2.375 at William Hill

Re: 2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Championship Event: Amelie Mauresmo 1 (FRA) - Nadia Petrova 5 (RUS) Place: Madrid, Spain Date: 07/11/2006 Time: 16.55 GMT Time Sports: Tennis Tournament: Wta Tour, Masters Cup Round: Robin H2H: Amelie Mauresmo - Nadia Petrova 5-2 2005 PARIS CARPET (I) S A. MAURESMO 7-5 6-3 2005 BERLIN OPEN CLAY (O) Q N. PETROVA 6-2 6-3 2005 TORONTO HARD (O) Q A. MAURESMO 4-6 7-5 2-0 Ret 2005 FILDERSTADT HARD (I) Q A. MAURESMO 2-6 6-2 6-4 2006 Antwerp Carpet (I) S A. MAURESMO 6-4 7-5 2006 Doha Carpet (O) F N. PETROVA 6-3 7-5 2006 MIAMI Hard (O) Q A. MAURESMO 6-3 6-1 Comments: Amelie Mauresmo, number 1 of the world, is in a moment enough, also physically she is not to the top and she comes from the withdrawal in the tournament of Zurich. Lately and especially indoors she has obtained little results and sure she could not be in complete confidence, Amelie will have to try to vary the game against a player solid like Petrova and it will not be easy for the French. Nadia Petrova, is in a incredibile state of shape, maybe the best of her career, indoors she is making very well and in this Masters the Russian could be the true surprise. Difficult to think that Nadia can be above the par in a match of the sort, seen the last results and the completely opposite state of shape between the two players. I believe that if Nadia will succeed to being solid from bottom, will be able calmly to won the match and over 2/1 it is decidedly a good bet. Prediction: Nadia Petrova To Win Bookmaker: Pinnaclesports.com Odds: 2.131 Stakes: 1.5/2.5 YourMoneies

Re: 2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Championship Hi guys, We continue with the following pick: WTA TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP, MADRID HENIN TO D HINGIS @ 1.4 on interwetten Despite her relatively successful year overall, Hingis is just 4-11 in matches versus top 10 opponents. Henin is a world no. 1 by right having reached all 4 Grand Slams' finals. Henin was out of action for the last 1.5 months, but the history tells us that she always comes back strong and almost 100% fit. Henin won their last match in Sydney easily and it should be the case for today's match too. [url=http://www.WinningTipster.com]

Re: 2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Championship Outright HENIN-HARDENNE @ 4/1 VC Bet Consistant this year and has some excellent results so there is every reason for her to do well here. Doesn't usually lose in early rounds of competition. Has reached all four grand slam finals and is capable of beating anyone.

Re: 2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Championship "I'm just happy to be here. I'm not here to be No. 1 again," Henin-Hardenne said. "One of my main goals of this season was to stay healthy. I still don't know what to expect. It was only a few days ago I felt ready to go." I'm not sure if I can trust Henin talkin like that.....

Event: Amelie Mauresmo 1 (FRA) - Nadia Petrova 5 (RUS) Place: Madrid, Spain Date: 07/11/2006 Time: 16.55 GMT Time Sports: Tennis Tournament: Wta Tour, Masters Cup Round: Robin H2H: Amelie Mauresmo - Nadia Petrova 5-2 2005 PARIS CARPET (I) S A. MAURESMO 7-5 6-3 2005 BERLIN OPEN CLAY (O) Q N. PETROVA 6-2 6-3 2005 TORONTO HARD (O) Q A. MAURESMO 4-6 7-5 2-0 Ret 2005 FILDERSTADT HARD (I) Q A. MAURESMO 2-6 6-2 6-4 2006 Antwerp Carpet (I) S A. MAURESMO 6-4 7-5 2006 Doha Carpet (O) F N. PETROVA 6-3 7-5 2006 MIAMI Hard (O) Q A. MAURESMO 6-3 6-1 Comments: Amelie Mauresmo, number 1 of the world, is in a moment enough, also physically she is not to the top and she comes from the withdrawal in the tournament of Zurich. Lately and especially indoors she has obtained little results and sure she could not be in complete confidence, Amelie will have to try to vary the game against a player solid like Petrova and it will not be easy for the French. Nadia Petrova, is in a incredibile state of shape, maybe the best of her career, indoors she is making very well and in this Masters the Russian could be the true surprise. Difficult to think that Nadia can be above the par in a match of the sort, seen the last results and the completely opposite state of shape between the two players. I believe that if Nadia will succeed to being solid from bottom, will be able calmly to won the match and over 2/1 it is decidedly a good bet. Prediction: Nadia Petrova To Win Bookmaker: Pinnaclesports.com Odds: 2.131 Stakes: 1.5/2.5 YourMoneies
Why I cannot put in my profile the link of my FREE web site? Thanks for the Answer. YourMoneies

Re: 2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Championship Event: Maria Sharapova 2 (RUS) - Kim Clijsters 6 (BEL) Place: Madrid, Spain Date: 08/11/2006 Time: 18.55 GMT Time Sports: Tennis Tournament: Wta Tour, Masters Cup Round: Robin H2H: Kim Clijsters leads 4-1 2003 LOS ANGELES HARD (O) R16 K. CLIJSTERS 6-4 1-6 6-1 2003 LUXEMBOURG HARD (I) S K. CLIJSTERS 6-0 6-3 2005 MIAMI HARD (O) F K. CLIJSTERS 6-3 7-5 2005 US OPEN HARD (O) S K. CLIJSTERS 6-2 6-7 6-3 2006 San Diego Hard (O) F M. SHARAPOVA 7-5 7-5 Comments: Maria is in a incredible state of shape, really monstrous, is plays her better tennis, she is for sure the favorite for this masters and on this I creed that there aren't any doubts. But the Russian faces Kim Clijsters and on the fact that Maria is worth under 1/2 I've many doubts, inasmuch as Kim on the fasts surfaces has obtained always great results and on this surface is surealy one of the three, maximum four, better players to the world. Probably if she were not comes back from only a week in the WTA circuit, we would have had 1.90-2.10, also because the H2H speak clearly in favor of the Belgian. Also if in the past week I have not seen the best Clijsters, I creed that Kim will be able to make match and independently from all, around to 2/1 is impossible not to try, who bet this odds IMO has already won, then is obvious that Maria is the favorite. Prediction: Kim Clijsters To Win Bookmaker: Pinnaclesports.com Odds: 2.81 Stakes: 1.0/2.5 [url=http://www.freewebs.com/yourmoneies/0811wtamasterscup.htm] GL YourMoneies

Re: 2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Championship Maria Sharapova – Kim Clijsters

Sharapova is marked as favorite on this match and in my opinion she is bit to strong favorite according to bookies. I can’t believe odds for Clijsters are higher than 2.50. Sharapova had excellent last part of the season . Suddenly, she has a chance to overtake first position on WTA list and that fact together with her big form make her such strong favourite . But, statistics are against her. Although Sharapova won last match against Clijsters 7-5 7-5 in absolute score is 4:1 for Clijsters . Braver could try with Clijsters win. But I will be satisfied with one set for Clijsters today. Clijsters set handicap +1.5 is my choice. Pick: Clijsters +1.5 set hc stake 10/10 1.80 @ interwetten

SportTennis
EventM.Sharapova-K.Clijsters
SelectionSharapova
Strength10/10
Date08/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.50 (Back)
2 of the best players in the World play today in the red group at WTA Tour Championships.Both players won their last tournament Sharapova at Linz winning in the final in an impressive way against Petrova who was in great form with 7-5,62 while Clijters won sunday at Hasselt against Kanepi with 6-3,3-6,6-4 in the final of the tournament,she also had a hard match in the semifinals with Zvonareva,a long and difficult match with 6-4,3-6,6-4.Yesterday in the first match of the group Sharapova won easily against Dementieva with 6-1,6-4.Clijters had a lot of injury problems this year and she is happy to have qualified at this tournament in Madrid.Sharapova showed she is in an impressive form,maybe is the best player in the world right now.In direct encounters Clijsters leads with 4-1 but she won the first 4 encounters when Sharapova was very young and less experienced.Sharapova won last match between them at San diego this year with 7-5,7-5 and i think she will win again because Clijters is more tired and she had problems with the injuries and is not full recovered.

Re: 2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Championship Event: Svetlana Kuznetsova 4 (1-0) (RUS) - Kim Clijsters 6 (0-1) (BEL) Place: Madrid, Spain Date: 09/11/2006 Time: 20.00 GMT Time Sports: Tennis Tournament: Wta Tour, Masters Cup Round: Robin H2H: Clijsters leads 5-1 2002 TOYOTA PRINCESS CUP HARD (O) R16 K. CLIJSTERS 6-4 0-6 7-5 2003 LOS ANGELES HARD (O) Q K. CLIJSTERS 6-3 6-1 2003 US OPEN HARD (O) R32 K. CLIJSTERS 6-3 6-2 2005 WARSAW CLAY (O) S S. KUZNETSOVA 2-6 6-2 6-3 2005 EASTBOURNE GRASS (O) S K. CLIJSTERS 6-4 3-6 6-4 2006 Warsaw Clay (O) F K. CLIJSTERS 7-5 6-2 Comments: Kim has need of this win, yesterday has played enough well, but to beat Maria in this period is nearly impossible, inasmuch as the Russian is playing an incredible tennis. However we believe that if will repeat the performance of yesterday can calmly beat a Kuznetsova appeared much nervous and little continues in the match against Elena Dementieva and if this last had not served obscenely as usual probably would have won the match, inasmuch as Svetlana has not played well and has granted many UE. If Kim plays as yesterday and the Kuznetsova will not up the level of the game, in this match the Belgian worth 1/2 and therefore we take her with extreme confidence. Prediction: Kim Clijsters To Win Bookmaker: Pinnaclesports.com Odds: 1.714 Stakes: 2.0/2.5 http://www.freewebs.com/yourmoneies/0911wtamasterscup.htm GL YourMoneies

Re: 2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Championship I have another go today:dude Henin v Petrova, Selection: Henin 2-1, Price: 4.04, Bookmaker: Pinnacle, Strength: 10/10 In her first match, Henin looked very good, but she said she got nervous in the second set and that really affected her game. She's playing well though, and doesn't look to be suffering from injury. Petrova looked great in first match, but then very bad against Hingis - lot of people saying she choked at being close to getting through to semi final. I can see the same thing happening here, she has played Henin very close when they played this year, and is playing well enough to win a set. But I still think Henin will win as she is mentally stronger and won't want to need to win in last match against Mauresmo! Mauresmo v Hingis, Selection: Mauresmo 2-0, Price: 4.02, Bookmaker: Pinnacle, Strength: 10/10 People still think Mauresmos shoulder is injured but I'm not too sure. She looked not so bad against Petrova but Nadia was very special that day, and having a day off will help her here. The tournament last year was the start of awesome time for Mauresmo, so I'm sure we will get maximum fight from her here as she tries to stay in the tournament. Also she knows she cannot end the year No. 1 so perhaps pressure is off today! Hingis was very good yesterday, however I'm interested in her comments at the end. I don't have a quote but it was something like "it's been very tough, my body is hurting all over". Sexy :). She has played six sets in 2 days and after not so much tennis lately I think she will be definately hurting today! Mauresmo has beaten her twice this year and once was on indoor courts very easy 6-2 6-2. I think there's a decent chance of this, and if Mauresmo is still injured, set betting means void if she retires! Clijsters v Kuznetsova, Selection: Clijsters 2-0, Price: 3.00, Bookmaker: Ladbrokes, Strength: 10/10 Yesterday I thought Clijsters was very good, but Sharapova is a machine and she could not be beaten! Today I think Clijsters can get a nice result and still have a chance to qualify. She was moving good and her shots were getting better. I also think this courts suits her more than Kuznetsova. I did not think Kuznetsova was very good yesterday. Again Dementieva served so bad but once they got into a rally Dementieva was able to win most of the time. Kuznetsova had parts of the match where she missed wild balls and Clijsters can play solid enough to win. I just go for 2-0 to get a big price, and I think it has a good chance!

EventJustine Henin-Hardenne - Nadia Petrova
Selectiongame hendicap: -3.5:0 away win (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date09/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>10bet @ 1.94 (Back)
ReasoningHenin can not be so big favourite against Petrova here. Henin won Hingis 2-1 (6-2,6-7 and 6-1).Petrova won over Maursesmo 2-0 (6-2 and 6-2) and lost against Hingis 1-2 (4-6, 6-3 and 3-6). If Petrova lose this match it should not be with so big margine.I will take Petrova here with +3.5 games coz i dont bolive that Henin can beat Petrova with so big margine in this moment.Last time Henin won over Petrova with so big margine at Rolan Garros in 2005.In the 2006 matches they are 1-1.

Re: 2006 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Championship Event: Justin Henin Hardenne 3 (2-0) (BEL) - Amelie Mauresmo (1-1) (FRA) Place: Madrid, Spain Date: 10/11/2006 Time: 17.00 GMT Time Sports: Tennis Tournament: Wta Tour, Masters Cup Round: Robin Previous Results: Justine Henin Hardenne Def Hingis 6:2 6:7 6:1 - Def Petrova 6:4 6:4 Petrova Def Mauresmo 6:26:2 - Mauresmo Def Hingis 3:6 6:1 6:4 H2H: Tied at 5 - 5 1999 US OPEN HARD (O) R128 A. MAURESMO 6-1 6-4 16 / 15 2003 BERLIN OPEN CLAY (O) S J. HENIN-HARDENNE 7-6(6) 6-4 6 / 2003 TOUR CHAMPIONSHIPS HARD (I) SF A. MAURESMO 7-6(2) 3-6 6-3 2004 SYDNEY HARD (O) F J. HENIN-HARDENNE 6-4 6-4 4 / 3 2004 AMELIA ISLAND CLAY (O) S A. MAURESMO 6-7(4) 7-5 6-3 2004 OLYMPICS - ATHENS HARD (O) F J. HENIN-HARDENNE 6-3 6-3 2005 TORONTO HARD (O) S J. HENIN-HARDENNE 7-5 3-6 6-1 2006 AUSTRALIAN OPEN HARD (O) F A. MAURESMO 6-1 2-0 2006 Berlin Open Clay (O) S J. HENIN-HARDENNE 6-1 6-2 2006 WIMBLEDON Grass (O) F A. MAURESMO 2-6 6-3 6-4 Justine Henin Hardenne: Last Performance: FED CUP FINAL FC, R4, BELGIUM, September 17, 2006, $ 0 , HARD (I) R4 H2H PENNETTA, FLAVIA ITA 20 W 6-4 7-5 R4 H2H SCHIAVONE, FRANCESCA ITA 14 W 6-4 7-5 Wta Masters Cup 2005: No Played Amelie Mauresmo: Last Performance: Zurich VS, I, SUI, October 22, 2006, $ 1,340,000 , Hard (I) R32 BYE R16 H2H STOSUR, SAMANTHA AUS 30 W 7-6(4) 6-3 Q H2H HANTUCHOVA, DANIELA SVK 22 L W/O Wta Masters Cup 2005: TOUR CHAMPIONSHIPS VS, CH, USA, CA, November 13, 2005, $ 3,000,000 , HARD (O) R1 H2H PIERCE, MARY FRA 5 L 2-6 6-4 6-2 R1 H2H DEMENTIEVA, ELENA RUS 7 W 6-2 6-3 R1 H2H CLIJSTERS, KIM BEL 2 W 6-3 7-6(4) SF H2H SHARAPOVA, MARIA RUS 3 W 7-6(1) 6-3 F H2H PIERCE, MARY FRA 5 W 5-7 7-6(3) 6-4 Comments: Justine although the accident and a period of pause enough long seems to be in a splendid state of shape and substantially she is the only one that can carry out the throne to the beautiful Maria. Against Petrova the performance of the Belgian was very very nice, solid from deep field and in the game with litle UE. She faces the number 1 of the world, Amelie Mauresmo, that is playing much bad and is alive for to the approximate physical condition of Hingis, than yesterday in the end of the match was in clean physical crisis. At the moment I do not succeed to understand as the French can be match and and IMO Henin cannot be worth over 1/2, probably who has made this odds has not seen to play Amelie, inasmuch as is against Petrova that against Martina in some moments did not hold the ball in the field. In the H2H Amelie lately has resumed the Henin, but I repeat, this Mauresmo is farthest from the best Mauresmo and therefore creed that the H2H aren't a factor. Justine Henin in order to arrive in the first position in the standing of the round robin and not to face the Sharapova in the semifinals must win and I creed that the Belgian will make it very easily.... Justine with maximum conviction.. Prediction: Justin Henin Hardenne To Win Odds: 1.63 Bookmaker: Pinnaclesports.com Stakes: 2.5/2.5 http://www.freewebs.com/yourmoneies/1011wtamasterscup.htm GL YourMoneies

SportTennis
EventSharapova-Kuznetsova
Selectionsharapova
Strength10/10
Date10/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.19 (Back)
ReasoningSharapova is a great young player,maybe the player in the best form in women tennis right now.She showed this tournament that she is felling great by winning against Dementieva and Clijsters and not losing any set.She also won last tournament she participated at Linz winning in the final against Petrova.Kuznetsova won first match but lost the second won very easily against Clijsters 1-6,1-6.The players know each other very well they are both from Russia and in direct encounters Kuznetsova leads with 3-2 but Sharapova should echilibrate the situation with a win.

SportTennis
EventJ.Henin-A.Mauresmo
SelectionHenin
Strength10/10
Date10/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.57 (Back)
ReasoningNo 1 Mauresmo is playing today against No 3 Henin.Henin won both games at WTA Tour Championships Yellow group in 3 sets against Hingis and in 2 against Petrova while Mauresmo lost against Petrova and won against Hingis but in 3 hard sets.Mauresmo is not in her greastest form and will have difficult times today,everyone wants to win against mauresmo because she is nomber 1 but in my opion there are better players than her and Henin is one of them.In direct games is tied 5-5.I expect a great game and Henin to win

SportTennis
EventClijsters-Dementieva
SelectionClijsters
Strength10/10
Date10/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.14 (Back)
ReasoningClijsters has to win this to qualify and she is giving her best,yesterday she won very easily and in a very spectacular way 6-1 6-1 against Kuznetsova.dementieva i think is the weakest player that participates at WTA Tour Championships,she lost both games and didn't won any set.In direct games Clijsters leads 10-3 and today she will need the 11th victory.Clijsters won her last tournamet at Hasselt so we can see that she's in good form.