** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Advice needed

Washman

I'm in this tourney on Bugsysclub tonight (285 entrants at the moment, and shouldn't be many more): Saturday 4th November 2pm CDT 10,000 starting chips 20 minute rounds with unlimited rebuys and up to 2 add ons. Players can make a rebuy anytime they are under 100,000 chips meaning all qualifications can be used up. Rebuys and add ons can only be taken if you have more than one qualification for the final. The top 2 players in the final will receive a $10,000 entry to a live tournament of their choice and there is a further $10,000 added to the final which will be paid out in the normal tournament payout structure depending on the number of qualifiers. I have qualified 3 times, so have a maximum of 30,000 chips to play with. The question is how should I play it? 1. Start with 10,000 and play loose knowing I have another 20,000 up my sleeve. 2. Start with 30,000 and wait for premium hands. 3. Start with 20,000, play my normal game (if I have one :\ ) knowing I still have 10,000 for an add-on or if I do something stupid. I'm favouring option 3, but would like to hear other peoples opinions. Cheers, Washy

Re: Advice needed Thanks Mr V - probably sound advice. What bothers me is that if I double up early, I'll be gutted that I didn't have 20 or 30k to start with, and be thinking I could now have 40-60k....or on the other hand if I start with 30k and make the wrong move, I could be out :loon

Re: Advice needed Sorry, didn't see this thread earlier. If there are going to be people playing with 100,000 from the start, then if you only have 10,000 you are going to be very short stacked against them!!! My view (and I'm a gambler!!) is that I'm in it to win it - if my best shot of winning (as opposed to "making the money") means I have to risk my tournament life early, then so be it....... IF you play the tournament scared of going out early, then people will be walking all over you...... DO you know how low the blinds start? I'm guessin it wont be the usual 10/20 or so - so 10,000 chips probably aren't as much as you think they are.....

Re: Advice needed The way I'd play it is if the majority of people are lumping in the 30K to begin with then you have to do the same, if not then whats the point in having 30K on the table when everyone around you has only 10K, when/if you get all-in with them then you'll only get the 10K that they have. With small blinds being the big stack isn't really going to have much effect on the game.