Signatures - New Rules

Sir Puntalot

As stated in the newsletter, please change signatures as per the rules below. We'll give everyone until Thursday, before we start to delete any offending sigs. ;) ------- Signatures on PL Ok, we've decided to change the signature rules, as they are getting a bit out of hand. The new rules are this: 1. You can have 110 charachters in your signature, which can span across 2 lines. 2. No emoticons or images in your signature. 3. No more running profit figures on signatures. These are more popular in the poker forum, but they can easily be added to your blogs. What we don't want to be appearing to do is taking the fun out of PL by doing this, but the sigs are getting bigger and much more messy, so they have to be tackled before it turns the place into a big ugly mess. Feel free to use as many dancing bananas or cows in your posts, this is all about signatures. We'll give everyone a few days to change their signatures, before we delete any that are still outstanding. --------

Re: Signatures - New Rules can we post profit/loss figures in a post? or are we saying that we cannot discuss how much cash we are winning/losing? I am just wondering why someone can post a quote from a book or a TV show - for instance Sharpe1ne (not picking on you mate - just an example as you were the last post in this thread) but you can't put profit/loss 2006 +$45.64 etc I am not being awkward here, just trying to figure out the why's. It just seems odd that profit/loss has been picked out as something that you cannot have in your sig line, when we are a betting forum that is trying to make cash for everyone? (and we have the lovely ticker at the top running through telling everyone the success that members have had?) I do agree that when the sig line is half as big again as the post it s attached to then there is something that needs sorting! Thanks Damo 3. No more running profit figures on signatures. These are more popular in the poker forum, but they can easily be added to your blogs.

Re: Signatures - New Rules

can we post profit/loss figures in a post?
All depends on whether it's a relevant thread Damo. Why would you want or need to?
or are we saying that we cannot discuss how much cash we are winning/losing?
Nobody's saying that, just stating amounts has never been seen as anything but trumpet blowing on PL, that dates back 6 years. Surely people can talk in percentages instead? It only encourages trumpet blowers, who are rarely (the mole apart) telling the truth.
I am just wondering why someone can post a quote from a book or a TV show - for instance Sharpe1ne (not picking on you mate - just an example as you were the last post in this thread) but you can't put profit/loss 2006 +$45.64 etc
That's what signatures are more commonly for Damo. Funny quotes or whatever quote you like, or a link to your blog/site (which must be reciprocated). Allowing profit/loss figures just encourages people coming on saying how much they've won, which is all well and good, but it creates unrest also as it cannot be verified.
I am not being awkward here, just trying to figure out the why's. It just seems odd that profit/loss has been picked out as something that you cannot have in your sig line, when we are a betting forum that is trying to make cash for everyone? (and we have the lovely ticker at the top running through telling everyone the success that members have had?)
Yup, we are a betting forum, but as I said above, if someone comes on PL and sticks +$55,000 since last May - can anyone verify that? In short, let's get back to having normal sigs and filling up the bragging thread with how much you've won. ;)