** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Australian A League Round 10 - 27th/29th

Re: Australian A League Round 10 - 27th/29th

Ok guys antoher bet for me tonight. Some of you might think I'm Insane. But here we go : Newcastle Jets vs Adelaide I will play Draw/Newcastle Jets 1/10. I really fancy Jet to continue their fine form and with Okon back I think that will strengthen them a lot. On the other hand Adelaide is missing their two top scorers in Fernando and Burns which will hurt their attacking forces a lot and they will also miss Costanzo another lad who have been playing good football. While Newcastle have all their important players available. I can see that in the first half both team will be very careful and especially Newcastle I think they will be very defensive. However I have a feeling that second half will decide the tie, and I will favour Newcastle here to go out and get those 3 points ! Moreover, backed with Adelaide not so impressive record on scoring when they are playing away and maybe we all can argue that Qu is back and that will compensate for the loss of Burns and Fernando, but Qu is just back playing again after he take time out and I'm not sure if he can shine straight away and play at his best. Hopefully may the best team win tonight !
Don't want to spoil the party here since majority is backing Adelaide, but I'm hoping my bet get through :hope May the best team win it

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to spoil the party here since majority is backing Adelaide' date=' but I'm hoping my bet get through :hope May the best team win it[/quote'] Good luck and really you should have won it. Jets should have won this game easily but they cannot convert the shots they make. Adelaide hardly had a shot and are one goal.

:))) didn't i said penalty for adelaide? OMFG! and they missed it? Bad luck Beejay! sorry for you!
It happens, Adelaide had no right to win anyways...But when you get a penalty at 87m you need to kick them if you want to win. I got the over 2.5 so that's some relief lol

Re: Australian A League Round 10 - 27th/29th Oh GOD WTF :loon :nana:nana Sorry guys didnt mean to celebreate, but I thought Newcastle should have been buried and the game should be over when Adelaide got the penalty, really can't believe it Jets just got it to 2 - 1. Oh well I guess thats the beauty of punting on football, shock everyhere and there sometimes.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah, what a joke this match has ended at! Uncoabis,:ok :drums, TOP STUFF!
Jade North won the game for the jets by hitting the ball out of the goal before it went over and then he gets sent off, Adelaide miss the penalty and the Jets score on the rebound. No one could have predicted that. Great stuff Uncoabis! I did state I was a little worried about the Jets and Costanza out of the Adelaide midfield was telling. I'm happy with my winning Melbourne bets, especially dear old Fred at $6-50 but could have been a great night about 5 minutes ago :beer

Oh GOD WTF :loon :nana:nana Sorry guys didnt mean to celebreate, but I thought Newcastle should have been buried and the game should be over when Adelaide got the penalty, really can't believe it Jets just got it to 2 - 1. Oh well I guess thats the beauty of punting on football, shock everyhere and there sometimes.
You and me both. Enjoy the win you deserve it. I'm a bit like Miguel hahahahahahahahahahahaha

I will back Adelaide next round! BTW are the referees helping them? 'cause 2 penalties in a game are too much for the same team!
Should have been 3 but linesmen didnt see a clear double handball in the area around 65m mark. The penalties were there, one a foul and the 87m penalty was because the ball was going in the goal and Jade North pushed it out, deliberate handball.

Re: Australian A League Round 10 - 27th/29th Thanks Beejay and all for a small win:clap . Newcastle attacks and scores 1, Adelaide score thru penalty and levels. NC attacks all the time but not rewarded, Adelaide is gifted with a penalty to kill the game, but instantly the ball crosses to the other end and NC end up the winners(which they deserved to)....haha this is football. Beejay am really sorry for your accumulator bet. GL:hope

Re: Australian A League Round 10 - 27th/29th QUEENSLAND VS CENTRAL COAST MARINERS Tonight at 8pm

Past matches

Sep 09, 2006

A-League

CC Mariners

0 - 0

Queensl. Roar

Aug 06, 2006

A-League

Queensl. Roar

0 - 0

CC Mariners

Feb 04, 2006

A-League

Queensl. Roar

2 - 2

CC Mariners

Nov 25, 2005

A-League

CC Mariners

2 - 2

Queensl. Roar

Oct 07, 2005

A-League

Queensl. Roar

1 - 1

CC Mariners

Jul 23, 2005

A-League

CC Mariners

3 - 1

Queensl. Roar

Amazingly these teams have played five draws in a row and no reason why it won’t happen again as they appear to be evenly matched.

Last 8

Games

M

W

D

L

P

F

A

Queensland

Home

CC Mariners

Away

Queensland’s home form is only fair and 8 of the 12 goals came in two wins this season so only four goals scored at home in the other six, and they have failed to score at home in three of their last five games. The Mariners have only scored in three of their last eight away games and they have only scored five goals with 3 of them scored in the one game. So they have in effect scored 2 away goals in seven games.

Goals per Shot

Team

On goal

Goals

Shots per goal

Queensland Roar

CC Mariners

Queensland have had 34 more shots than the Mariners and have scored almost twice as many goals, and have a goal per shot rate of under ten. The Mariners did not score in their first four games so they have done well to get their goals per shot down to 13. This could be the telling factor in the game as Queensland are generally very efficient going forward. (except for 2 games where they never scored and had over 20 shots in each)

Times Goals scored For/Against

Team

0-15

16-30

31-45

46-60

61-75

76-90

CC Mariners

1 - 1

0 - 1

2 - 0

1 - 4

0 - 0

2 - 3

Queensland Roar

4 - 2

1 - 2

1 - 2

2 - 1

1 - 0

6 - 1

Queensland seem to score early and score late, but they can score at any time according to above table. The Mariners seem to tough it out early and can contain teams in the first half, but after half time is where they have conceded most goals to date. This could indicate a possible 0-0 draw at half time with a possible goal after the break, or the match ending in a draw.

Queensland score a goal around every 54m and concede around every 90m Mariners score a goal around every 101m and concede around every 81m These figures favour Queensland for tonight’s game.

Season scorers for each team

Lynch Simon

QLD

OUT

Mori Damian

CCM

IN

Milicic Ante

QLD

IN

Pondeljak Tom

CCM

IN

McKay Matt

QLD

IN

Hutchinson John

CCM

OUT

Reinaldo

QLD

IN

Kwasnik Adam

CCM

IN

Vidosic Dario

QLD

OUT

OGrady Paul

CCM

IN

Dilevski Spase

QLD

IN

McLaren Stuart

QLD

IN

Queensland will be without Simon Lynch and Dario Vidosic this week and lose about 33% of their goal scoring power which will be vital tonight against a good defensive unit like the Mariners. Lynch has been their most proficient scorer and it is no conicdence they failed to score last week with him not playing. The Mariners have Hutchinson out but welcome back striker Nik Mrdja after a long injury. They have scored 8 goals since Round 4 and are going along nicely. Damian Mori being the catalyst for that revival.

I originally liked Queensland to win this game but without Lynch and Vidosic they may find it hard against the tough Mariner’s defence. The away side has been playing well lately and I think they are going to be hard to beat here especially with Nik Mrdja back in the team to add some bite. Queensland should have hammered the jets last week but didn’t take their chances when they and they won’t be able to do that tonight against Central Coast. I believe the Mariners may be able to tie the Roar up in the first half and also create some chances for themselves as they have been playing well.

Both sides are capable of winning this and it may very well be a draw again, and history suggests that is what might happen, which is why I am going to handicap bet this game with the team at the highest odds, CC Mariners. I am unable to bet AH so will have to take what’s on offer where I bet. I will only be betting small to medium stakes as this is a hard one to decide.

If anyone decides to have a bet then you will get a run for your money whichever team you back and should be a closely fought game with only one goal in it at the most IMO.

BET

Central Coast Mariners DNB @ $2-15

Central Coast Mariners +1 Handicap With Draw @ $1-60

For an interest

Draw 0 – 0 Corect Scoreline @ $8-50

Draw 1 – 1 Correct Scoreline @ $8-50

Re: Australian A League Round 10 - 27th/29th PLEASE READ After consulting with Ads today we are considering dividing the A league thread into two threads. 1 - For Reviews and Tips for the round 2 - For Live game updates and match discussion during the course of the game The decision is not final yet and we would welcome any thoughts/opinions from anyone who enters the thread for tonight's game. The A league thread is growing which is great, but it is getting a bit hard to find where the game reviews and tips are in between all the game discussions and updates. We are not discouraging in game posting, far from it, we are all for it. It's just that if someone wants to read a review of any games or check who has tipped what, then they have to search through all the pages to try and find them. We thought it would be more efficient to seperate into two threads for ease of use. It will also make it easier for Moderators to find any outstanding tipping efforts that might end up in the Scroller at top. So there is an instant benefit :ok We value any opinions so if anyone thinks it is not a good idea to do this then please hae your say. :cheers

It happens, Adelaide had no right to win anyways...But when you get a penalty at 87m you need to kick them if you want to win. I got the over 2.5 so that's some relief lol
I missed out on the draw from a missed penalty:@ SOmetimes betting is not fair:wall