Australian A League Round 10 - 27th/29th

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian A League Round 10 - 27th/29th

I think everyone agrees that the knights perform better at home defensively so I can't see this match being any different. I thik everyone also agrees that Melbourne have far more class on paper than the knights. IMO I feel that nevin will use the same tactics that he has all season re: attacking options. His star striker Rodriguez is out for the season so is Devine ( Worst player in the A League IMO he is shite). They are playing hickey (fast & has no skills) & Casey (Don't really know much about him)up front, who are not known strickers. IMO I think they will defend for as long as they can & try to sneak a goal playing long ball tactics against the run of play.
You are spot on as the Knights will try to shutdown Melbourne rather than do anything else. NZ have got hold of South Melbourne striker Fernando de Moraes to try and bolster their attack, he along with Casey are considered the Knights new attack. I'm leaning towards Melbourne by 2 goals :ok

Re: Australian A League Round 10 - 27th/29th I think I'll have some of Melbourne with -1.25 AH :) NZ Knight 5/10 No need reasoning I guess since I dont want to repeat any others write up that has been done. :hope G'luck everyone betting this week !

You are spot on as the Knights will try to shutdown Melbourne rather than do anything else. NZ have got hold of South Melbourne striker Fernando de Moraes to try and bolster their attack, he along with Casey are considered the Knights new attack. I'm leaning towards Melbourne by 2 goals :ok
Fernando de Moraes is not in the starting lineup though so it will be upto casey & hickey to score... I can't see that happening. It is going to be the Brazillians causing havock against an at times Knights shady defence....;)

I think I'll have some of Melbourne with -1.25 AH :) NZ Knight 5/10 No need reasoning I guess since I dont want to repeat any others write up that has been done. :hope G'luck everyone betting this week !
Cheers uncoabis and good luck to all :cheers I don't mind if you repeat later on Melbourne 2-0 or 3-0 :clap

Re: Australian A League Round 10 - 27th/29th As much as i hate watching the knights play I love watching melbourne play and will be watching the game live at home in comfort on Pay TV with a Bourbon in one hand, and nothing in the other :lol I will update the game every fifteen minutes or so, unless something spectacular happens. Good luck all!

Re: Australian A League Round 10 - 27th/29th Ok guys antoher bet for me tonight. Some of you might think I'm Insane. But here we go : Newcastle Jets vs Adelaide I will play Draw/Newcastle Jets 1/10. I really fancy Jet to continue their fine form and with Okon back I think that will strengthen them a lot. On the other hand Adelaide is missing their two top scorers in Fernando and Burns which will hurt their attacking forces a lot and they will also miss Costanzo another lad who have been playing good football. While Newcastle have all their important players available. I can see that in the first half both team will be very careful and especially Newcastle I think they will be very defensive. However I have a feeling that second half will decide the tie, and I will favour Newcastle here to go out and get those 3 points ! Moreover, backed with Adelaide not so impressive record on scoring when they are playing away and maybe we all can argue that Qu is back and that will compensate for the loss of Burns and Fernando, but Qu is just back playing again after he take time out and I'm not sure if he can shine straight away and play at his best. Hopefully may the best team win tonight !