** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Australian A League - Round 9

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian A League - Round 9 Fred has been incredible tonight for Melbourne Victory, every time he gets the ball you know he is going to do something special with it and Sydney cant do anything to stop him. 89 minutes down now and about 3 minutes stoppage time to be added

Re: Australian A League - Round 9

:clap :clap :clap MELBOURNE WIN!! :clap :clap :clap SYDNEY 1 - 2 MELBOURNE

Archie Thompson 2 goals for Melbourne Steve Corrica 1 goal for Sydney

That is a great win for Melbourne in the conditions especially after being a goal down at half time (wish they could have done it last week though) and to beat Sydney at home is no man feat so the Victory deserve all the accolades for winning this match in driving rain. Nothing better than beating Sydney in anything :clap:clap:clap I am still alive in about four multis thanx to the Victory :ok

Re: Australian A League - Round 9 Melbourne certainly got the job done alright and what a great win it was. They were seemingly hopeless in the first half before going on to win the match with some Archie Thompson heroics in the second half. This guy is seriously a superstar and Fred was incredible tonight also. Sydney were a shadow of their first half effort and it was largely due to Corrica being taken off injured

Re: Australian A League - Round 9 Archie lands winning double Qantas Socceroo striker Archie Thompson has stunned Aussie Stadium with a second-half brace to give Melbourne Victory a 2-1 comeback win over Sydney FC. Sydney started the keenly-anticipated match strongest and had an eighth-minute strike from Steve Corica to show for a dominant first half. But Sydney lost its way in the second period after losing Corica and Mark Milligan to hamstring injuries, and Thompson took full advantage by scoring in the 50th and 73rd minutes to inflict a crushing home defeat on the defending champions – their first for 13 months. The thrilling comeback also sees the runaway Hyundai A-League leaders return to winning ways after suffering their first defeat of the season at home to Adelaide United last week. The kick-off was greeted with rain and ticker-tape swirling around Aussie Stadium and it was Sydney which started strongest, firing up the home crowd with a string of hard but fair challenges. The Sydney fans sensed a goal in the fourth minute when Melbourne defender Rodrigo Vargas turned Alvin Ceccoli's cross towards his own goal, although Victory goalkeeper Michael Theoklitos covered it comfortably. But the opening goal came soon after following Iain Fyfe's infield ball to Corica. The 33-year-old midfielder turned inside Grant Brebner before unleashing a low left-footed drive that skidded through the legs of Adrian Leijer and into the bottom right corner from 20 metres. Corica might have had a second shortly after, only for he and Milligan to get in each other's way after Ruben Zadkovich's run was blocked on the edge of the box. Corica continued to play a key role for Sydney and after lone striker Sasho Petrovski brought the ball down on the edge of the area in the 26th minute, the 41-match Socceroo laid the ball wide for Zadkovich, whose low cross was turned out for a corner. Sydney kept the pressure on and three minutes later Milligan fired narrowly wide from 20 metres after Corica played a short corner to Zadkovich, and Brebner's challenge then forced Milligan to fire well wide after Vargas' error gifted possession to Alex Brosque on the left. Each Melbourne attack had so far been stopped in its tracks but in the 34th minute it had its first sight of goal when Adrian Caceres got in behind Sydney right-back Fyfe, but his left-footed drive drifted wide of the far post. Melbourne then snatched the initiative at the start of the second half after Sydney lost its two most influential players of the opening period. A defence-splitting pass from Caceres found Fred on the left side of the box and the Brazilian squared for Thompson to turn the ball past Sydney keeper Clint Bolton at his near post. Sydney appeared to have recovered from the loss of Corica and Milligan, with Fyfe almost putting them back in front just before the hour mark with a superb left-footed curler that clipped the top of the crossbar. Ceccoli then sent a long-range strike narrowly wide in the 67th minute, but the Sydney defence was undone by another sublime pass from Caceres. The Argentinean-born midfielder crossed left-footed from the right for Thompson, who sent a fine header back across goal and inside the far post to send Melbourne's 400-strong following into raptures. Sydney pushed forward late on in search of an equaliser but the nearest they came was a free-kick from half-time substitute Ufuk Talay that curled just wide in the 83rd minute. Sydney FC 1 (Corica 8) Melbourne Victory 2 (Thompson 50, 73) Crowd: 20,881at Aussie Stadium

Well i'm currently even so i'll have 3 bets today at even stake, they are as follows: MelbVic x Everton x Jef United(J League) x Shinzu Pulse(J)@$7.05:hope MelbVic x Everton@$3.6 MelbVic x Adelaide @$3.06:clap As you can see I strongly believe MelbVic will bounce back from last weeks performance and should get over the line even though Sydney will be trying to get some revenge for the belting we gave them last meeting. We really need Archie to find some form though. He is really shit at the minute:spank As for the 4 team multibet, get on it guys as it's pritty good value:ok Good Luck guys and C'mon the Victory teach that Sydney Scum a lesson:moon
Well boys I hope some of ya got on the Melb- Everton double, not bad odds I thought at $3.60. As I stated earlier we needed archie to fire :@ to have a chance at Sydney and he finally pulled out his finger and won the game for us.:clap Now we need Adelaide to get the Melb-Adelaide double over the line to get some of the money I lost at crown last night:hope

Well boys I hope some of ya got on the Melb- Everton double, not bad odds I thought at $3.60. As I stated earlier we needed archie to fire :@ to have a chance at Sydney and he finally pulled out his finger and won the game for us.:clap Now we need Adelaide to get the Melb-Adelaide double over the line to get some of the money I lost at crown last night:hope
Well done with your tips, fantastic work!! :ok How did Jef Utd go in the J-League for you? I was worried about taking Melbourne due to our poor record in Sydney and thought it was a bit of a risk and after the first half you can see what i mean. They were a completely new team after the break

Re: Australian A League - Round 9 Unfortunately all go wrong in J-League. Jef who is supposed to whip Omiya get whipped instead 3 - 1 :( And JEF were full team as well !! at their own home. But I guess their bad home record speak for themselves were most of their win were obtained away. Anyway I guess I should be talking A-League here. What do you boys think here about Qld Roar game ? I'm considering taking them with Adelaide for a nice combo. I have no doubt about Adelaide to get the job done. However, Newcastle just got their first moral boosting win week last week after suffering for long time without a win where sometimes they deserve it. And could this be the day they extend their streak ? or maybe at least not losing.

Re: Australian A League - Round 9 Adelaide United vs NZ Knights

Past matches

Sep 01, 2006

A-League

NZ Knights

1 - 0

Adelaide Utd

Aug 04, 2006

A-League

Adelaide Utd

1 - 0

NZ Knights

Jan 28, 2006

A-League

NZ Knights

1 - 1

Adelaide Utd

Nov 20, 2005

A-League

Adelaide Utd

1 - 0

NZ Knights

Oct 02, 2005

A-League

NZ Knights

1 - 2

Adelaide Utd

Adelaide hold a 3-1-1 record against the Knights and interestingly enough there has been four games that have been two goals or less.

Last 8

Games

M

W

D

L

P

F

A

Adelaide

Home

NZ Knights

Away

Adelaide’s home form has been quite good with only losses to the Mariners and Sydney in their last eight.

The Knights have only lost three on the road which is impressive considering how poor a team they are.

Adelaide fields the same unchanged side that was successful last week in delivering Melbourne Victory it’s first taste of defeat for the season. The Knights welcome back Greg Duruz from suspension and only goal scorer for this season, Malik Buari.

Current Odds

X

Adelaide

1-20

5-50

11-00

NZ Knights

Adelaide are gathering momentum now and should win this hands down against the Knights. Oddly enough Adelaide have only ever beaten New Zealand by the solitary goal which is quite an interesting stat as the Knights have been cellar dwellers since the A league’s inception. This is the Knights third game on the road and they are facing a red hot Adelaide.

Adelaide is too short to back straight out and I am going to suggest the Adelaide/Queensland today as a bet. I already have Adelaide in a succession of multibets with Melbourne/Mariners/Queensland and this double will top it of nicely for me.

BET Adelaide/Queensland Double @ at $2-10

Optional bets if you are so inclined… HT:FT Adel/Adel $1-62 if you think Adelaide will score in the first half HT:FT Draw/Adel $4-50 if you think Adelaide will score in the second half

Certainly did and thanx for that...Everton were good odds at home I thought against Sheffield...I need Adelaide and Queensland to do the job for me today to complete a series of multis that I had with Melbourne/Mariners/Everton/Chelsea and a couple of really short NBL teams...It's going to be a bit of a wait to see if i celebrate today or cry :loon

Unfortunately all go wrong in J-League. Jef who is supposed to whip Omiya get whipped instead 3 - 1 :( And JEF were full team as well !! at their own home. But I guess their bad home record speak for themselves were most of their win were obtained away. Anyway I guess I should be talking A-League here. What do you boys think here about Qld Roar game ? I'm considering taking them with Adelaide for a nice combo. I have no doubt about Adelaide to get the job done. However, Newcastle just got their first moral boosting win week last week after suffering for long time without a win where sometimes they deserve it. And could this be the day they extend their streak ? or maybe at least not losing.
Jets are always some chance in a game Uncoabis because they have the players that can score goals...It is generally their defence that lets them down...Their last two away games were 1-1 mariners and 2-2 Sydney, and a 0-2 credible loss to melbourne in between, so they are going along ok... Queensland have only lost one of their last eight at home and generally play well there.

Re: Australian A League - Round 9 Ok I guess I will follow the popular bet today Adelaide/QLD Combo. Although I will be playing with medium stakes here. I'm also interested on over 2.5 goals for Qld vs Jets. Qld have good attacking options while Newcastle also have decent goal scorer as well with the like of Griffith and Milton.

Re: Australian A League - Round 9 Queensland Roar Vs Newcastle Jets

Past matches

Sep 01, 2006

A-League

Newcastle Jets

2 - 3

Queensl. Roar

Jul 29, 2006

A-League

Newcastle Jets

0 - 0

Queensl. Roar

Jan 26, 2006

A-League

Newcastle Jets

0 - 5

Queensl. Roar

Nov 20, 2005

A-League

Queensl. Roar

0 - 1

Newcastle Jets

Oct 01, 2005

A-League

Newcastle Jets

0 - 1

Queensl. Roar

Looks like the away team has the best of these battles winning 4 of last 5 games, but the Roar was the away team in four of those games for 3 wins and a draw…I’m starting to like Queensland playing at home against the Jets.

Last 8

M

W

D

L

P

F

A

Queensland

Home

Newcastle

Away

Queensland are very good at home and score freely while defending well. Newcastle’s away form is not so good but they are starting to play better football.

The Roar welcomes back Captain Chad Gibson while there is no change in the Jets lineup.

Current Odds

X

Queensland

1-75

3-30

4-50

Newcastle

Haven’t got much time to do much of a write up as I am at work and hungover, a bad combination…

I don’t want to underestimate the Jets because they are starting to find their feet and will be full of confidence after scoring their first win in a long time last week. They are capable of scoring a goal or two and Queensland will need to show the Jets the respect they deserve. I like Queensland and expect them to win and I think this could easily be an Over 2.5 game. I think it will be far from easy though for the Roar to win this and I am thinking this may be another 2-1 game and shall back it accordingly.

BET Queensland Roar Straight Out to win @ $1-75 for High Stakes Queensland to win 2-1 Correct Score @ $7-50 for Low Stakes

Going for the hat-trick of score line win bets so sticking with the same score line that won the previous two. :ok Good luck all with your bets and let's ride Adelaide and Queensland home to make it a weekend to remember :dude

Re: Australian A League - Round 9 Dont have time to do in depth previews here this afternoon as im in a rush, but i favour both Queensland & Adelaide to win pretty easily and possibly on -1 handicaps if the odds are good enough. Adelaide will have a huge win in my opinion, perhaps 3-0 or 4-0 and Queensland are a great side also so they possibly could have a big win too at home to the Jets. Pick Queensland to WIN - (7/10) Pick Adelaide to WIN - (9/10)

;602887']Thoughts on the Under 2.5 in the Adelaide/NZ game. The Knights like playing defense and suck at scoring.
I dont usually like this market, but id be tipping Over 2.5 if i were to bet. Adelaide should get quite a few goals here as they have been attacking really well in recent weeks.

Taking Roar to win as well as a little stab at 4-1 correct score.
Good luck with that, a very big longshot but pays $29 if it gets up too so well worth a shot with small stakes. If i were to do scoreline betting i would look at the following: Adelaide Utd 3 - 0 New Zealand - ($7.50) Queensland 2 - 1 Newcastle - ($7.50)

Re: Australian A League - Round 9 Good afternoon Guys, Just placed 2 bets for this afternoons games which are as follows: Qld x Gamba Osaka x Adel Multi @ $2.70:hope(High stakes) Qld-Newcastle over 2.5/ Adel-N.Z over 2.5 Multi @ $3.20:hope(Low Stakes) Good luck to all and may all your bets come through:ok

Good luck with that, a very big longshot but pays $29 if it gets up too so well worth a shot with small stakes. If i were to do scoreline betting i would look at the following: Adelaide Utd 3 - 0 New Zealand - ($7.50) Queensland 2 - 1 Newcastle - ($7.50)
Just have this feeling about 4-1. had the same feeling this year when Roar won 5-0 and pocketed nicely. PS - $41 for 4-1 on Sportingbet

Re: Australian A League - Round 9 Newcastle are only playing in their second match with new care-taker manager Garu Van Egmond at the helm and they won 3-0 against New Zealand. But one interesting fact here for those tipping Queensland is that Newcastle are yet to win a match on the road this season and actually havnt won on the road since November last year. Queensland have pretty much a full strength side apart from Yunin Zhang and Massimo Murdocca, but they have both been struggling to get a full game even when fully fit so they arent huge losses. All i can see here is a Queensland victory and im willing to recomend them to anyone

;602887']Thoughts on the Under 2.5 in the Adelaide/NZ game. The Knights like playing defense and suck at scoring.
I agree with this bet ...Knights have only scored one all season & Adelaide have never scored mor ethat two against them strength of this happening would be 8/10:hope