** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

The X Factor

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The X Factor Love songs theme tonight: MacDonald Brothers - “She’s The One” - Eton Road - “With Love From Me To You” - Ben - “Don’t Want To Miss A Thing” - Robert - “Always And Forever” Nikitta - “Last Dance” Leona - “Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word” - Ray - “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” Nikitta looks screwed, going for 4 points on her at 3.05 Betfair to start off with.

Re: The X Factor Ben Mills: "With A Little Help From My Friends" (Joe Cocker) Eton Road: "I Don't Feel Like Dancin" (Scissor Sisters) Leona Lewis: "Bridge Over Troubled Water" (Simon and Garfunkel) McDonald Brothers: "Love Is All Around" (Wet Wet Wet) Raymond Quinn: "Livin' La Vida Loca" (Ricky Martin) Robert Allen: "You Are Not Alone" (Michael Jackson) Ray and Robert are the two I think are in trouble. 7.6 on Eton Road to win could look HUGE after today, I can see them doing really well on a catchy and very popular song here. Bridge is arguably a slightly poisoned chalice for Leona, as if she underperforms on a real classic she could lose some support. I like her a lot, but 1.89 seem ridiculous odds for her to win. All Betfair: 2 points on ER to win at 7.6 3 points on Ray to go tonight at 2.58 3 points on Rob to go tonight at 6.2

Re: The X Factor Car crash TV here...

Eton Road Can You Feel the Love Tonight Everybody Needs Somebody To Love Ben Your Song Live Or Let Die Leona Lady Marmalade I Will Always Love You Ray The Way You Look Tonight Jail House Rock The MacDonald Brothers When You Say Nothing At All Five Hundred Miles
user_offline.gifreport.gif
From digitalspy again. McD's doing 500 Miles should be fine to get the Scottish vote again, and I think people are backing them to get on Simon's nerves as well. Tempting to try and back and lay, though, because surely the judges will slaughter that one? Eton Road are the ones who I think could be in trouble, though, and I'm starting with 4 points on them at 5 (Betfair.) Don't like either of their songs too much, and Can You Feel... could be horrendous.

Re: The X Factor Laid off the 4 points on Eton Road at 3.75, so I break even if anyone else goes. Planning on backing Ray just before Jailhouse Rock at anything above evens, and McD's just before 500 Miles at anything above 3.5ish, then laying both off if they drift in reasonably.

Re: The X Factor

I've had another point on the Maccies to win it at 100. I'm hooked' date=' they're car-crash TV at it's very finest!!![/quote'] This is starting to look like an okay bet!! Can't BELIEVE they just nailed 500 Miles, backing them to go tonight may have been stupid.

Re: The X Factor Why the HELL did I lay Eton Road off before that crap?! If anyone knows any teenage girls who fancy Anthony, PLEASE encourage them to vote... Simon is SOOOOO using reverse psychology in a last-gasp attempt to get rid of the McD's, yeah?

Re: The X Factor Eton road for me will get the boot tonight. I've had a dabble on their eliminaion at 2.82, I just missed out on 3.55:wall as the odds went on freefall and are currently 2.26 I think Rays first song will save him tonight because Jailhouse Rock was utter poo:puke

Re: The X Factor Okay, I'm crazy, but I've laid off at 1.12 to make a tiny (about 1/3 of a point) whoever wins. Simon MAY see this as the perfect opportunity to assure Leona of a win by knocking Ben out, since it's not like the show's got any credibility to ruin.

Re: The X Factor I watched this show yesterday and once a few weeks ago. It seems to me Leona is about a million times better than the rest. It would be a joke if anyone other than her wins. She is hot hot favourite but girls dont win these competitions because its the female public who vote the most and they tend to vote for the men. She is around 2/7 to win, but if it was down to talent then she would be 1/1000 to win

Re: The X Factor Songs for tonight: Leona: Could It Be Magic & Without You MacDonalds: Can't Smile Without You & Shang-a-Lang Ben: Made It Through The Rain & Somebody to Love (a cappella) Ray: Mandy & My Way Ray is rightly favourite to go, but Ben has the worst Manilow song and a potential banana skin with the a-cappella (and apparently choir backed) version of Queen's Somebody To Love. 6.4 is too big for him, and I'm putting 4 points on him. I'm also having 2 on the McD's to go at 3.5... might be the end of the road, guys. Have laid off part of my bet on the McD's to win, laying at 11 earlier (annoyingly, down to 9.8 now!) so now level at worst with Ben or Leona winning, a little over 10 points up on that market if Ray wins, and a little under 50 points up if McD's win.

Re: The X Factor

Let's be honest.....there'll be 1 act from each group in the final 3.....it's obvious. Therefore, it's either Leona & Ray to go.....sorry meant to say, it's Ray (as Leona is fcuking fabulous)
Maybe not after that. Both of them were fcuking superb tonight. Gotta be between that big-headed long-haired Ben & the McChuckle Brothers