** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

UEFA Cup matches - Thu 28/09

Tulenos

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 28/09 Hapoel Tel Aviv are also my tip tonight. They will be way too good for their oponents and the home town advantage will be way too much. A very intimidating place to play for visiting teams. I remember a few years back even Chelsea went crashing out of the cup against Hapoel, so it gives you an idea of what Chernomorets are up against.

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 28/09 Yes Wosboy...Panaithaikos had coach Hans Bake..The team was too slowly and generaly Panathinaikos wasn`t the team we all know...now Bake belongs to the past,and the team is in good form... The home draw before tow weeks was a disuster for the team...The fans was very angree with this result So i think that Panathinaikos will win this match

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 28/09

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Metalurg Z. v Panathinaikos
Selection Panathinaikos
Strength 10/10
Date 28/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 1.57 (Back)
Reasoning Panathinaikos dropped manager Hans Backe after the dissapointing first leg in the Uefa Cup, when the team only managed a 1-1 with Metalurg Zaporozhye on home ground. Now the greeks new manager is Jiasminko Velic who started very well with 2 victories so far. Panathinaikos 2 - 1 PAOK Panionios 0 - 1 Panathinaikos So after 5 games Panathinaikos stands on 2bd in Greece just 3 points behind Olympiakos. Panathinaikos is in good form and also players like Salpigidis Dimitrios, Papadopoulos Dimitrios Pavlos and Ivanschitz Andreas are shining at the moment. Metalurg Zaporozhye are in terrible form, for them beiing able to score at Panathinaikos is a great and totally unexpected achievment. They are in the worst foem possible going into this game, they stand oh 15th out of 16 teams. They are serious candidates to go down this season and were not able to win a single game from 8 so far. Since the first round they managed to get 2 draws and 1 loss. The Ukrainians have no chance today in face of a rejuvanated greek side, who have to win in order to go trough. This is a banker there is just to much class difference beetwen these two.

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 28/09 My bet for today: Bröndby - Frankfurt HOMEWIN I really think that Bröndby will win today at home. 2 weeks ago Frankfurt won the 1st leg with 4-0. Yes, all can say it was a clear win. (and it was) BUT... Franfurt played in the 2nd half against 9 danish, because of 2 red cards. In the first half Bröndby played good, combinative and the Germans couldn't find really the way to score. In the second half it was easy against 9. On the other hand Bröndby is in good form, and in the championship they score at least 2 goals at the home games, while Frankfurt do not win many games as visitor. And 1 more important thing: Frankfurt do not need to win, and they do not even need to Draw. If Bröndby score 1 or 2 goal(s) /and I am sure they will/ the germans won't attack like lions to make the equalizer, couse they will defend their aggregate lead. So, it's clear that Frankfurt will move into the next round, but with a defeat at Bröndby. ;)

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Dinamo B. v Xanthi
Selection Dinamo B.
Strength 10/10
Date 28/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 1.45 (Back)
Reasoning Xanthi is in bad form, after 5 games played so far they stand on 14 out of 16 but have the same amount of points as the last two teams. They only managed 2 draws and 3 losses. The 3 goals scored by them against Dinamo in the first round is only Dinamos fault, but as coach Rednic says they have learned their lesson. Also Xanthi lost their manager Matzourakis and came to Romania without him. Dinamo on the other hand is flying high, they beat rivals Steaua and have 9 victories out of 9 and only conceding 5 goals. Dinamo looks a very strong team reight now and strikers Ganea, Danciulescu and Niculescu are all in great form. Mircea Rednic can't count on Pascovici, Mihut and Ze Kalanga. Only danger for Dinamo today is ex-Fiorentina Vryzas but i'm confident Dinamo defenders can contain him. All in all Dinamo should have an easy job today.

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventRabotniski-Basel
SelectionRabotniski +0.5
Strength8/10
Date28/09/2006
Bookmaker/Pricebetfair@ 2.15 (Back)
ReasoningBasel crushed the Skopians in first leg 6-2 and they are going to play with some players out. I think it could be a boring game mostly under and it worths some money to Rabotniski not to lose bet :ok

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 28/09 Odense is a side which tends to perform well at home and are tough to beat. In Berlin they played well and were worth their draw. They only lost once to Esjberg 2-0 this season in 10 games. More importantly, they are in good form of late. They are unbeaten in 3 games in Europe (UEFA & Intertoto) and now lie fourth in Superligen with a record of 5 wins 4 draws and 1 loss. Hertha are now third in the table unbeaten in German Bundesliga with 2 wins and 3 draws. For this game they will miss the influential duo of Gilberto and Yildiray Bastürk to injury, and a question mark is hanging over the talented youngster Kevin-Prince Boateng who is having trouble shaking off the after effects of a bruised hip. Serbian striker Marko Pantelic (calf) and veteran Dutch defender Dick van Burik has the same problem. Latest news are that Boatengs' chances are looking good and has travelled with the squad to Denmark. Pantelic received treatment on his calf and declared himself fit to face Odense. It is not yet known whether or not van Burik will be able to play, as the defensive stalwart limped off the training pitch on Monday with a bandaged knee. Hertha now needs to win outright, or to have a score of more than 2-2 in the case of a draw (away goals). Odense being a side which tends to perform well at home my heart goes with the home side to at least obtain a draw or a win over the visitors. With the scoring prowess of both teams, and the urgency of a win for both, I will have medium bet on the over/under. Taking into account the gap in standards of both leagues I will go for a small wager on handicap. Bets : Odense +0.25 (AHC)...2/10 Over 2-21/2.................4/10

Tip Detail
EventZulte Waregem v Lokomotiv Moscow
SelectionLokomotiv -0.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date28/09/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.02 (Back)
ReasoningZulte were very fortunate to even score in the first leg after being completed dominated by a Lokomotiv side a class above themselves. If Lokomotiv are up for this game it should be as much of a cruise in the second leg. The game is in a neutral venue also so to me anything over Evens is good value.

EventRabotniski-Basel
SelectionRabotniski +0.5
Strength8/10
Date28/09/2006
Bookmaker/Pricebetfair@ 2.15 (Back)
ReasoningBasel crushed the Skopians in first leg 6-2 and they are going to play with some players out. I think it could be a boring game mostly under and it worths some money to Rabotniski not to lose bet :ok
Basel are absolutely not planning to leave anybody out, they will play with the strongest squad possible. Currently, there form is very unpredictable and championship is not going great, so by no way will they experiment tonight. Actually, I do expect them to come out and try to score early on. Rabotnicki not to loose might still be an OK bet, as Basel does not need to win and the difference is probably not that big tonight as the first match would make you believe.

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 28/09 My largest bet for this evening is Hapoel TA to beat Chernomorets. Big difference in class, home advantage, additional motivation for this first match on Israeli soil after the war and Russia/Ukrainian punters confirming that the guests are in very poor form. 9/10 stake :hope

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 28/09 Lens - Ethnikos Huge difference in clas here. Ethnikos survived all obstacles in their UEFA campaign so far, and even managed to stay undefeated in the first match when Lens was dominating the whole game. Now they play in France and I don't see how team from Cypruss can survive without 3-4 goals in their net. Lens is in top 6-7 teams in France and at home they are always very strong. I suggest Lens -1 EH, [email protected]. GL~

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 28/09 For some reason, I am attracted to West Ham tonight, away to Palermo. Just a hunch, as I know Hammers have been poor recently. They're on a bad run of results but this is the type of game that they could enjoy, in a game where the opposition won't be attacking much to start with. The two Argies may feel more comfortable in this type of game, and should have more of an impact here, with the Italians maybe more inclined to back off. Of course, Palermo don't need to win. Therefore the handicap bets are looking like great value.

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 28/09 Couple of picks for me tonite: Hapoel 1.725. As many of predicted in this thread. Red Star 1.85. Belgrade is always an intimidating place to play even for the Czech champs Slovan Liberec. Red Star need to overturn a difficult 2-0 aggregate and I see them winning this game but falling short of overturning the aggregate.