** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL matches Wed 27/09

Tulenos

Re: CL matches Wed 27/09 Hi from Greece....Two good bets for tonight.. First af all Sahtior-olympiakos 1...Olympiakos isn`t in good form..Rivaldo is still doubtfull...Ouadou(defender) is injured...and as i know Sahtior is a very very good team...So home win Secondly i think that in Spartak-Sporting game we will not see many goals..So for me Under 2.5 goals is a good bet Thats all guys...GL everybody....................

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL matches Wed 27/09

I'll be looking at some small stakes on scorelines tonight. I am looking at the following results: Chelsea 2-0 ($6.00) Liverpool 2-0 ($8.00) Shaktar 2-1 ($7.00) Barcelona 2-0 ($8.00) Bordeaux 1-0 ($7.00) Cheers
thats remined me of a system I used to do and I might as well use up whats left in my old account for tonight. Liverpool 2-0 6.00 2-1 8.00 3-0 8.50 3-1 11.00 4-0 15.00 Chelsea 1-0 6.00 2-0 6.00 2-1 8.00 3-0 8.50 3-1 11.00 25 doubles @ .40pts. 10 pts staked IF bet wins Min= 14pts profit Max= 65.50pts profit

Re: CL matches Wed 27/09 I agree with shrike about Liverpool and think that 1-0 is more likely than 4-0 TBH Carl, but Galatasaray aren't in any kind of form right now! - particularly away! they did draw in Liverpool 1-1 last time though! I'll take Shakhtar as my main punt tonight, enough already posted as to why! Good luck!

Re: CL matches Wed 27/09 Liverpool really need to stand up tonight and put on a decent performance in Europe. They ended their campaign poorly last season going out to an average Benfica side and struggling for goals. Dirk Kuyt looks to be a good addition as he's a creator as well as a finisher of goals. Gerrards due a goal and he has performed well in Europe for the Reds. Like the thought of a 2-0 win here along with a few other people.

EventValencia CF - AS Roma
SelectionAS Roma
Strength10/10
Date27/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 4.20 (Back)
ReasoningToo equal teams, AS Roma maybe better and in better form IMO. Odds is too high for Roma. Value bet...
EventFC Internazionale Milano - FC Bayern München
SelectionBayern
Strength10/10
Date27/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 4.10 (Back)
ReasoningInter today will miss two very important players, midfielders Cambiasso and Vieira. In this situation chances of winning the game become equal IMO. Odds for Bayern is too high and I'll take. Value bet...
EventWerder Bremen - FC Barcelona
SelectionBarcelona (-1) (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date27/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 3.90 (Back)
ReasoningLast year these two teams played two times. Both won Barcelona 2-0 and 3-1. This year Barcelona is much more stronger. Werder is out of form. IMO no chance for Werder in this match... IMO Barcelona can win by more than 1 goal and repeat last years sucses...
EventFC Spartak Moskva - Sporting Clube de Portugal
SelectionSpartak (-1) (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date27/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 4.85 (Back)
ReasoningI was very impressed by Spartak last round. They lose 4-0 to Bayern, but the result could be 4-3 or 4-4. They hit the bar 3 or 4 times, Kahn saves 3 or 4 100% goal shots. Today, at there homeground I think Spartak can take all the points against Sporting which already have 3 points...

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Werder Bremen - Barcelona
Selection Over 2.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 27/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.82 (Back)
Reasoning These two teams are wellknown for their attacking football. Often that offensive football is not matched with an equally as good defensive line. Barcas new defensive line still needs a bit of getting to know each other, I think and I also think that a team with the class Werder has will be able to find a few holes in the defense. For Bremen Klose is most probably ready, if he's not it will weaken the bet a bit. Bremen will also be without Mertesacker (he hasen't played yet though) There are no injuries to any first choices on Barca's team. I think there's 60 % chance of an over 2.5 game giving a value of 109,20%. Happy punting!

Re: CL matches Wed 27/09 Bordeaux - PSV PSV are way far from the past two years where they made really good games (only at home). With 5 away games without scoring a single goal and with the misses of 3 key player (Cocu - captain and the most experienced player in the squad, Farfan and Kluivert - the titular attacking line up also miss the game for sure) PSV seems harmless and powerless against Bordeaux whoes goal is to get 100% of their home games if they want to get through the 1/8 finals (which seem very possible with Liverpool and Galatasaray being the other two teams in group C) The misson starts tonigh and HW is clear to me 10/10! Bordeax probable line up : Ramé - Jurietti, Henrique, Jemmali, Marange (at the back) Faubert, Fernando, Mavuba, Micoud, Wendel (in the middle) and Chamakh in front. Bordeaux to win : 2.10 bet365 ! :hope Spartak - Sporting This is the other game that I see tonight. Sporting is very offensive and good team (remember two years ago - UEFA CUP finalist and even though they lost in the final from russsian team portugals are showing great football ever since then). Two weeks from now players from lisabon made a great game to beat Inter (full of stars and consider as one of the potential winners this year) while Spartak left Germany with 4 goals down against Bayern (who is so not in great form and probably wiil loose tonight against Inter). One win here in Russia will make thing much more easier for the portuguise to reach the 1/8 with 6 point from first 2 games.... Spartak is so var away from one expirienced team in europe and this can be a big problem. This is why i can`t understand why odds on Sporting are that high !? Spartak - Sporting AW 3.00 bet365 6/10 X2 1.61 10/10 :hope

Re: CL matches Wed 27/09 Inter to score first @ 1.80 Why?; Bayern Munich miss Hargreaves, a crucial player for them and on top of that their league results have been very dodgy. The loss of Ballack hasnt been filled, Van Bommel has been a good signing but the forwards are gonna have to have a special day i think if Bayern will win this one. Inter do miss Cambiasso and Viera, but perhaps it's not such a massive loss. Inter beat Roma a very attacking side 1-0 and shoulda have gone 2-0 up from the spot. League form is quite solid, although the defence leaves alot to be asked. At home I expect Inter to go at it early and get a goal. Bayern have conceded first in several of their league games and against 'lesser' opposition, and took a half plus some to break down Lokomotiv, perhaps lucky not to go in a goal down to the Moscvites, altho they did run out 4-0 victors, slightly flattering. Plus Bayern have lost their last 6 trips to Italy. Chelsea -1 @ 2.10 Why?;Levski are top of their league , unbeaten and have yet to concede i believe. I don't think this game will be as easy as some make out, Levski did concede 5-0 to Barca at the Nou Camp, but Barca are more attacking in style and have more 'flair' going forward. Levski have quite a few injuries, two of their forwards are out and their main man is struggling to make the match. I think Chelsea will win, they have the players and manager to do it, it won't be another 5-0 drubbing I dont think, but a comfortable if scrappy 2-0 would suffice. Chelsea @ 1.45ish is not worth taking imo, but there is value in other markets, ht/ft etc Liverpool -1.5 Asian @ 2.00 Why?; Liverpool are starting to play some better football, Kuyt has found his scoring boots, the midfield looks good and in Anfield this should be a victory for the Reds. Galatasaray aren't the team people are used to seeing, they are struggling a bit in the league aren't the strongest of travellers, plus they suffered a 3-1 defeat at the weekend to Trabzonspor. What players start is a tricky question to answer, Gerrard may even be on the bench again, but somehow i think he'll start especially seeing as it's at home and 3 points is needed to propel them forward. Pool are still a bit suspect at the back this season, but they will absorb Galatasarays counters i think and win this encounter by a couple. On top of that lot I'll be having some fun on the in-play markets!

Re: CL matches Wed 27/09 Levski Sofia v Chelsea These teams have met twice before in the 01-2 Uefa Cup, Chelsea won 3-0 at home and 2-0 away and I expect a similar result here aswell. Levski have never beaten an English side in six attempts. Chelsea returned to the top of the Premiership with a 2-0 win away at Fulham. Terry should play today and Boulahrouz and Ballack should return. Chelsea won their first Champ League game 2-0 against Werder Bremen and Levski went down 5-0 at Barca. Levksi are also missing strikers Domovchiyski and Angelov and Ivanov is a doubt. Chelsea 10/10 @ 1.39 betfair Werder Bremen v Barcelona I think this is a good price on the reigning European champions Barca. Bremen were beaten in the opening game 2-0 away at Chelsea, Barca won 5-0 at home to Levski Sofia. Bremen have kept a clean sheet in just one of their last eight European matches involving Spanish opposition and with Barca naming a full strength team I cant see them keeping one again. Barcelona 10/10 @ 2.01 betfair Inter Milan v Bayern Munich Inter are top of Serie A and will be desperate for a win here. They have invested heavily on new players and need the win at home after their 1-0 defeat away at Sporting Lisbon. Bayern struggled to beat Alemannia Aachen 2-1 at the weekend, Inter beat Cheivo 4-3. Hernan Crespo is on fire scoring twice on Sunday. Inter Milan 10/10 @ 2.05 mansion Liverpool v Galatasaray Galatasaray have failed to win their last six away matches in European competition, losing the last four. Liverpool won 3-0 against Spurs in the League at the weekend whereas Galatasaray went down 3-1 at Trabzonspor and currently lie sixth in the League. Liverpool have a near full strength squad with only Kewell missing, Carragher should return and Crouch may start in place of Bellamy. Liverpool 10/10 @ 1.36 paddypower

Re: CL matches Wed 27/09 not sure Werder will fail to score v Barca -TBH! but I like the look of most of the other correct scores suggested! odds for Liverpool are way too tight for me! and although they're scoring more at home than away and Galatasaray aren't performing this season I wouldn't touch Liverpool on the handicaps! good luck all!

Re: CL matches Wed 27/09 AS Roma won 0-4 against Parma on Sunday. Now they are second in the Italian Serie A. Valencia has also started well and they are sharing first place in the domestic league. Roma and Valencia are both contestants for taking the top spot in group D. It will probably be a low scoring and cautious game as both teams try to avoid a defeat here. And italian teams have always been good in killing the game when they are aiming for the draw.

not sure Werder will fail to score v Barca -TBH! but I like the look of most of the other correct scores suggested! odds for Liverpool are way too tight for me! and although they're scoring more at home than away and Galatasaray aren't performing this season I wouldn't touch Liverpool on the handicaps! good luck all!
then again - what the hell do I know :loon 2-0 Liverpool after 26mins!

Re: CL matches Wed 27/09 Chelsea can conceed in the 2nd half. They played one of their worst ever games. But it's simply chelsea. Let the others play, make the winner goal, and go back home with a 1-0.. I did not like Chelsea and if not many of you are on this team today, i hope football will win and this match ends 1-1. If many of you are on them, then i'm with you and hope for 1-0 FT