** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Tipsters System

Re: The Tipsters System I ended up with 5.5 points profit today - thanks again. I placed my bets at 13:15 (uk time) and layed bigger prices (odds in range 5-6) at price 4 and left them. Managed to have another two winning bets which you missed out on - Adelfia and Lady Misdain. Think a good change to your rules would be leave a lay (early) for high prices and take shorties 1 min before the off. Also, I noticed that for the shorties - your results show that you frequently lay at much better odds - so it seems better to take them as you have said 1 min before off.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Tipsters System itooam, your idea might be good, because I've noticed a lot of 4.0 shots drifting on races where there are 2/3 horses with similar odds. Could you please keep a track of the odds you are taking on horses above 3.0 and send it to me (or post it here, I don't think you can send PM with only 17 posts). Thanks a lot and that idea may be very good indeed!

Re: The Tipsters System More problems for me with auto-bf,2 bets missed.Malaaq and Malyana:sad though at least it was only a loss of £0.45 to-day.According to the log the bets were started and stopped 1 min before the race which normally means the bets been layed,other bets like Sir Nod and River Kirov were also started and stopped 1min before the off even though they were nowhere near the minimum 4 and should of stayed on the system for 20 minutes.Going to uninstall and re-download app and give it one last try tomorrow,i'm not too optimistic though.I expect to be dumping this app in the bin tomorrow night. Well done to all those who had a win to-day:ok

Re: The Tipsters System Kinglouey, terribly sorry for the small loss. I used the program and since I had few lays, my order list never went above 10 lays, it went well. I think that may be the problem, a very long list of lays, and it somehow scr**s up. Maybe opening the program twice ot three times and running three separate instances of it with small list on each one will do the trick. I am waiting for friday to have a proper look at it.

Re: The Tipsters System Pinhofap - will do my best to keep you updated with larger odd lays (though will probably only be able to record properly after the weekend - going to London for a nice weekend - and spend my free money from Mansion on their pittsburgh steelers bonus :D )

Re: The Tipsters System It suprises me that the bf software is so unreliable given that they provide an api and should know about all the glitches etc. I have been writing a program using their api to make these bets for me - and I have almost got it bug free - though I don't want to give it away here - not because I am selfish, but because if I have made the smallest mistake I wouldn't want to be responsible for you good folk losing money. I'm sure if these bugs are reported to betfair then they will do their best to fix them?

Re: The Tipsters System Having thought more about this. It is most likely that the bf app is trying to refresh too many markets which possibly takes longer than the minute required to place the bets? I have not looked at this program but perhaps you can specify a setting i.e., "take any price after the following time" and perhaps use a 3 minute buffer instead? Otherwise I would expect what Pinhofap says regarding running more than one instance of the program and having a small number of markets in each would potentially get round this problem - from the coding I have done wih the API it has all been synchronous (not sure if it can be programmed asynchronously? - Don't have time now to check) what this means is it can't refresh two markets simultaneously i.e., it has to wait for one to refresh before refreshing the next. Regarding the login problems - haven't a clue why that would happen?

Re: The Tipsters System

Hodgey, no you don't (I think...). If you are logged in it will see what market you have opened and put that automatically in a drop down menu, but I don't think you have to be logged in...
You´re absolutely right. It´t not necessary to stay logged in at betfair-website or leave the browser opened. You MUST be logged in in autobetfair - that´s all. ;)

You´re absolutely right. It´t not necessary to stay logged in at betfair-website or leave the browser opened. You MUST be logged in in autobetfair - that´s all. ;)
Thanks a lot. :ok I did it for the first few races this afternoon and it worked fine.

Re: The Tipsters System ...Massey results would make this system's recent results sound even more promising. BTW - we have had some very good weather (sunny) this September - which seems unusual for this time of year, so perhaps this explains the strange results regarding high % of fav ROI (with perhaps firmer than usual going for September?)?

Re: The Tipsters System Well maybe, I live more than 1500 miles from Britain, so I can't know... But some reason is clearly making the hotshots win more than usual. Hence the almost 20% drop, but I'm not worried, this was expected, and this is why I used a conservative staking plan, losing runs will be common in the system, I think it is just something we'll have to deal with. It will turn around, I'm sure, 120% ROI of hotshots won't hold, maybe we need a bit of rain next week.

Re: The Tipsters System I don't think so, in fact the horses between 2/1 and 11/4 provide the most selections and the biggest turnover (although not the higher yield). We'll just have to sit this through, today it was bad luck having the odds-on failing and the "long" ones coming in. It will turn, when I reach 500 bets I'll analyze everything again. Fingers crossed.

I don't think so, in fact the horses between 2/1 and 11/4 provide the most selections and the biggest turnover (although not the higher yield). We'll just have to sit this through, today it was bad luck having the odds-on failing and the "long" ones coming in. It will turn, when I reach 500 bets I'll analyze everything again. Fingers crossed.
Keep the Faith :dude