** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Tipsters System

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Tipsters System Another cracking day Pinho. Well done. :clap I'm pleased to say that I started following this system for real today too. I missed the 14.20 (too unorganised! :$ ) but then what a way to start - a 1.34 and a 1.29 shot turned over! :eek :D :tongue2 I ended the day with 9/10 winners and a bank increase of over 11%. Obviously I am aware that not every day will be this good but it's always nice to get off to a positive start with a system. :ok I've also read your tutorial on the autobetfair - great write up, thanks. :clap I think I will download that and have a look at it cos it could prove invaluable on days when I'm not at a PC. :)

Re: The Tipsters System Just got back and checked my betfair balance. Wow! :D I understand that this will probably not continue at such a high profit level as you have said, and that the yield will probably fall to a lowish level but reiterating what Hodgey says - an ideal start to the system. At least if we have a losing run now (I'm touching a wooden table) we can pull out at and break even (though I am with you for the long run - I expect we will probably have equally bad spells too - hopefully not).

Re: The Tipsters System Hello itooam, we are sure to have losing spells, no way around that, that's the tough part, you have to lose if you want to win. I made my study, and I am confortable with this level of risk, so you could say I am going with this even if it means going down the drain. This is not the first time I've followed a system, but it is the first time I have conducted a serious study with patience and discipline, no doubt because of posting on the forum, so no room for being sloppy. It is also the first system "with arms and legs" that I have designed. And it is paying off, and those who have in many ways contributed to the thread deserve it also, so let's enjoy the profits while they come and hope the losing runs, when they come, go away quickly, because winning money is fun! (Norway is just around the corner, eheh)

Re: The Tipsters System

thunderfoot, instead of writing everything again, read post #1, everything is written there, all explained. If you have any doubts after that, just post them and I'll help all I can.
Sorry 'P', :$ didn't realise you had started a new thread on this ..... thought it was the continuation of the 'old' thread!!:wall

Re: The Tipsters System Friendly HI to my "neighbour" ;) Was away some days for a heavy hiting work :( Back again - and looking forward for the changes :) Maybe time to start trying with a little bank... ;) First days were worth a big felicidades. Let´s go on this way! greetings from spain, marc

Re: The Tipsters System Hola! maybe you should read the first post, because I started a new thread, all the rules are there. Also if you work during the afternoon, take a look at auto betfair, the program is great, and my bets are now all auto-placed (although I am still monitoring the program). By the way, where do you live in Spain? I have been living in the Azores islands for 3 years, and I am moving back to Lisbon (civilization?) in October. I know a little of Spain, love Salamanca and San Sebastian, also Sevilla, I go there a lot, my wife is from a town on the other side of border. Saludos Pinho

Re: The Tipsters System Hi, yes - saw the new rules - and they really should fit anybodys needs I think. ;) Tried auto betfair today for the first time and entered the odds with a real minimum-stake. My bf acc is running in euro - so i´ve a minimum of 4. By the way - I think it´s not correct - for me in each case - to change the windows time to UK time. When I´m using auto betfair, he gives me the time of the race with 1 hour difference - so for example Lingfield 13.50 is 14.50 in auto betfair. So when I change my time from 12.17 to 11.17 (at the moment) ;) - the bets will be entered one hour to late... Maybe it´ll be a problem when your betfair account is registered in the UK? We´re living in Valtocado - a little village nobody knows. It´s near Malaga in the mountains. look at maps.google.com to find. ;)

Re: The Tipsters System My first post on this thread,I think,but have been following it,a bad day,but still using profits,so not too bad,unlike me who started today with real money!!no matter. I tried auto bet,very usefull,but a stupid question,do you have to open BF before you can use it?my first bet today did'nt "take"good thing as it won. good luck one and all. slip-shod

Re: The Tipsters System I also had problems with auto-betfair today.It only put on 6 out of the 12 bets today.It missed the first 2 then did the next 3 then missed the next 4 then did the next 3.Yes i know that i have been extremely lucky to of missed out on the worse bets and for that i'm very grateful but i would much rather that auto-betfair did what i told it to do so i can have the confidence to leave it running,it could quite of easily missed out all the good bets and placed most of the bad.It layed Bachelor Party at 3.85 but doesn't lay The Trader at 3 which is less of a liability.:unsureCan't see that i did anything wrong when inputting the data. Any idea's anybody? Good luck for tomorrow.

Re: The Tipsters System Kinglouey: I don't think you did anything wrong with auto-betfair, because the same thing happened to me in the same races (I remember the exact specific horses). Yesterday I was suspicious it might be my Internet connection (3G card), so today I was checking the program's behaviour, and it didn't place all the bets, in this case it seems on the same races as you. I suppose I will email Betfair, it is a beta testing after all...

Re: The Tipsters System I was speaking to a friend about auto-betfair and was told that there have been a fair number of complaints about it on the betfair forum, haven't checked myself but no reason to doubt him. As pinhofap says, it is a beta so maybes a touch risky to be using it until all the bugs are ironed out, unless of course its impossible to get to a pc during the day. BTW - excellent system, bad days can be expected - they just make the good ones all the more sweeter :)

Re: The Tipsters System Looks like you guys hit another spot of good luck missing the bad bets. I luckily can say I didn't take the full brunt either. Was rushing to get to work this morning so didn't get chance to place bets which meant taking prices at lunch - but because I'm greedy I never take the offer - just as well - lost 6 units instead of the 9+. Think we have done well to not have a losing day up til today.

Re: The Tipsters System itooam, I think you do very well in not taking all the prices. This is something I had been thinking about before coming across auto-betfair. You will do better in the long run if you leave lay bets a couple of "ticks" below current back price than taking the prices available. I think if you put lay bets 5-10% below current back price you will get matched on almost all of your bets. Check market overround below 105% to ensure liquidity. Those that don't get matched are the ones that don't matter... By the way I'm working on another laying system and back proofing last month was very good, let's see what I can come up with, I am still back testing and maybe next weekend I'll start another paper trial. One of these days I'll have to stop, but this is addicting, putting your brain cells to work...

Re: The Tipsters System Just to reinforce what people are saying about when to place bets - i was placing minute or less before off yesterday and although Aryaamm in the 3.40 had a SP of 3/1 - on betfair it had drifted from 3.7 a few minutes before out to 4.7 [if memoery serves me right] thus making it a no bet. Of course if taking an earlier price many will be winners as well - I guess its just personal preference as this time it turned out well.

Just to reinforce what people are saying about when to place bets - i was placing minute or less before off yesterday and although Aryaamm in the 3.40 had a SP of 3/1 - on betfair it had drifted from 3.7 a few minutes before out to 4.7 [if memoery serves me right] thus making it a no bet. Of course if taking an earlier price many will be winners as well - I guess its just personal preference as this time it turned out well.
I haven't decided on any hard fast rules for this situation yet. I too got Aryaamm matched at 4.00 yesterday after it steamed from about 5.00 to 4.00 and then back out to 4.7ish. But then in the next race I got Flying Encore about 3 mins before the off at 3.85 and it went off at 4.30 on Betfair. So technically both these should have been no bets if laying at 1 minute before the off. It's a toss up between getting the best price to lay at and whether to stick to laying at 1 minute before the off. Of course, it's possible that over the long run this will have no significant impact on results providing we stick to one method or the other.... :\

Overall a nice day' date=' with the last horse saving the day and putting us in profit. [/quote'] Yes, thank you "Great Hawk" at 20/1 beating the fave! :tongue2 Another good day Pinho, nice one. :clap I had very similar results to you but missed Cross The Line as it was too high to lay when I looked. I haven't got round to downloading autobetfair yet but there are a couple of threads on betair forum of people having problems too. Maybe I will get time to look at it tonight...

Re: The Tipsters System Good day Pin!! Cross the Line was to high at a min. to go,maybe you got it using auto. I could'nt use it today,just tried it again, and get an error when I sign in, illegal xml charactor,means nothing to me,and another error when I try to confirm,any answers? good luck one and all slip-shod

Re: The Tipsters System When I opened the market page Cross the Line was at 4.5 but autobetfair had managed to lay it. The program is giving a lot of complaints, but using fewer bets it has worked great, it does no good because I have to program every hour or so, and what we need is program in the morning, fire and forget!