** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Horse-Shoe Systems Ltd. (CopyRight Protected)

Re: Horse-Shoe Systems Ltd. (CopyRight Protected) Ive made up my mind mate, this is going in the attic for a while to gather some dust. Check out my new system i am going to post in a bit anyways. Thanks to everyone for the suppor thus far! 2 placed and 3 lost in the last few days, 'Shes our Lass' came fourth as one horse pulled out just before the race to cut it down to 3 places paid...So infuriating and it keeps happening so this sytem isnt good for my health its extremely irritating for me. L8r

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Horse-Shoe Systems Ltd. (CopyRight Protected) Can i jus clarify something in an EW bet if it wins do you win the money for the win AND the money for the place. Because if you look i have only added what i would have got for the win and the 20 point stake back, sorry this is simple but i really dont know how to calculate it. I would have another 10+ Points for each win in theory wouldnt i? and therefore a higher yield? mileni4uk > Yeah but i dont think slapdash has had such a long streak of bad results, and everyone says Adrian Massey says it wont work. One winner and One Unplaced. Starting Bank:1000Points Current Bank:1335.81Points

Re: Horse-Shoe Systems Ltd. (CopyRight Protected) Here is a worked eaxample of 10pte e.w @5/1 with 1/4 odds. Placed. Total Stake of 20 points. Return from win portion =0 Return from place portion = 5/4 X 10 points =22.5 points Therefore return on bet = 22.5 points or 2.5 points profit. Try not to use use a bet calculator. Develop the mental ability to calculate returns quickly in your head. This will give you a better feel for odds and value.

Re: Horse-Shoe Systems Ltd. (CopyRight Protected) Ayr GOLD CUP 3.15 Hogmaneigh (4/1 - Paddy Power) 10 Points EW In normal circumstances the odds on this race are the best i could dream of for my system, the only problem is there are so many runners. As the betfair market stands this horse had 4x's the odds of the 6th favourite!!! Paddy Power pay for first 5!and with only .5 less/1 that the others bookies i think the best bet to take. Will anyone stop talking about this bloody horse!!! Not confident it will win because i actually saw its last performance but i dont know anything about horse racing with regards to condition of horse, and the ground etc etc. Lets see what happens!

Re: Horse-Shoe Systems Ltd. (CopyRight Protected) Hi Are you using forecast favs or taking the fav from a betting show. I ask because you are putting your selections up early and if you are using selections from an early betting show they may have a tendency to change through the day and the forecast fav in the papers may not start fav at race time. F1

Re: Horse-Shoe Systems Ltd. (CopyRight Protected) Hi F1, I dont use anyones tips to select which races i pick the favourites from, i just use betfair (so forecast i guess?). Ocassionally it has occured where the favourite has changed from my selection but only when there is about 0.5 odds difference between the first two horses. Yeah i do put them up early, i try to choose races usually where there is 2.0 between the fav and 2nd fav horse and in this races i have found so far that the favourites odds have just got smaller and smaller as it has got closer to the race. Somebody brung it up the other day when i wrote SP because i didnt have time to put up the best odds from oddchecker, and price just got shorter and shorter. Also, i wont pick horses with odds below 4/1 and sometimes i am concerned that all bookies may go to 7/2, so getting the early price meets the criteria of my system. It may be better to choose races much closer to the race though i do think, as the betfair market gets clearer and clearer on the four top horses i analyse for the races i choose. Hope ive answered your question? :S

Re: Horse-Shoe Systems Ltd. (CopyRight Protected)

Can i jus clarify something in an EW bet if it wins do you win the money for the win AND the money for the place.
Yes.You are staking 10 pts E/W so 10 pts for a win and 10 pts for a place.If your horse wins then he is also placed so both bets are won and there is profit from both bets.You can use different Excel calculators to manage your bank and calculate your stats.

Re: Horse-Shoe Systems Ltd. (CopyRight Protected) Thanks for that. It may be worth monitoring any differences between the early prices/ sp/ changes in Fav. It may be that things wont improve but its always good to find out. One point ref someone checking this on Masseys site - the database search wont allow all your criteria to be entered so it is somewhat a generalisation on your system and will contain a lot of selections that would never be present in the system itself so carry on with this. It will be interesting to see how it performs once we are into the NH season. F1

Re: Horse-Shoe Systems Ltd. (CopyRight Protected) Charlie Cool placed and the rest lost. Starting Bank:1000 Points Current Bank:1298.31 Points Tommorrow i will amend the bank on all the selections that won because i didnt add the place part of the EW bet, i added the total stake back on the selections though and for the purposes of not too many calculations il just add 10 extra Points for each of those winners (even though it will be slightly more than this). My yield after the first week mustve been more like 150!! Selections may occur inconsistantly in the next few weeks as im starting Uni, but il post when ive got time. You know, inbetween binge drinking and sleeping with as many beautiful women as possible :P

Re: Horse-Shoe Systems Ltd. (CopyRight Protected) At the moment i wouldnt advise betting on any of my selections so dont get carried away that this is going really well. The truth is, in the first week i must've made over 400 quid if i added the place profit (which i didnt) and since then iv had as many placed horses as loses, with winners only occasionally. It may be i was extremely lucky but i got so many winners in one week that im sure this is a profitable system. Also, the yield is only around 40-50% at the moment, and the bank looks considerably large at the moment but i am staked 20 Points per bet.

Re: Horse-Shoe Systems Ltd. (CopyRight Protected) I entered this system under the theory that most favourites will place if they dont win but it hasnt turned out like this at all. It might be better im just trying to work it out, i probably have had more losers than placed horses so this makes just going for the win more profitable. Problem is mileni it stops becoming a system in a sense without the EW bet, it just betting on favourites LOL so im just gonna stick with it for a while.