ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August

Main draw: FEDERER, Roger (1) vs MATHIEU, Paul-Henri SERRA, Florent vs GROSJEAN, Sebastien BRACCIALI, Daniele vs TURSUNOV, Dmitry MIRNYI, Max vs HAAS, Tommy (16) HEWITT, Lleyton (11) vs CHELA, Juan Ignacio LOPEZ, Feliciano vs JOHANSSON, Thomas SIMON, Gilles vs SRICHAPHAN, Paradorn MALISSE, Xavier vs DAVYDENKO, Nikolay (6) LJUBICIC, Ivan (4) vs ALMAGRO, Nicolas MARTIN, Alberto vs CLEMENT, Arnaud FERRERO, Juan Carlos vs GOLDSTEIN, Paul SODERLING, Robin vs GONZALEZ, Fernando (15) BAGHDATIS, Marcos (10) vs BENNETEAU, Julien HRBATY, Dominik vs Q PHAU, Bjorn vs ACASUSO, Jose SAFIN, Marat vs ROBREDO, Tommy (7) STEPANEK, Radek (8) vs VLIEGEN, Kristof MOYA, Carlos vs GAUDIO, Gaston BJORKMAN, Jonas vs HENMAN, Tim MURRAY, Andy vs FERRER, David (12) NIEMINEN, Jarkko (14) vs Q POLANSKY, Peter (WC) vs DANCEVIC, Frank (WC) Q vs Q GINEPRI, Robby vs NALBANDIAN, David (3) BLAKE, James (5) vs BESTER, Philip (WC) SANTORO, Fabrice vs GASQUET, Richard Q vs VERDASCO, Fernando Q vs LL BERDYCH, Tomas (13) vs NESTOR, Daniel (WC) YOUZHNY, Mikhail vs RUSEDSKI, Greg Q vs Q MASSU, Nicolas vs NADAL, Rafael (2) Well that looks an absolutely cracking draw. I suppose with Fed and Nadal not playing since Wimbledon this would be the time to go for a big price but not for me. No action in the outright but I think this is set up to be a great tournament so should have lots of action during the week. Also the chance of a Henman/Murray second round:ok.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August

Main draw: FEDERER, Roger (1) vs MATHIEU, Paul-Henri SERRA, Florent vs GROSJEAN, Sebastien BRACCIALI, Daniele vs TURSUNOV, Dmitry MIRNYI, Max vs HAAS, Tommy (16) HEWITT, Lleyton (11) vs CHELA, Juan Ignacio LOPEZ, Feliciano vs JOHANSSON, Thomas SIMON, Gilles vs SRICHAPHAN, Paradorn MALISSE, Xavier vs DAVYDENKO, Nikolay (6) LJUBICIC, Ivan (4) vs ALMAGRO, Nicolas MARTIN, Alberto vs CLEMENT, Arnaud FERRERO, Juan Carlos vs GOLDSTEIN, Paul SODERLING, Robin vs GONZALEZ, Fernando (15) BAGHDATIS, Marcos (10) vs BENNETEAU, Julien HRBATY, Dominik vs Q PHAU, Bjorn vs ACASUSO, Jose SAFIN, Marat vs ROBREDO, Tommy (7) STEPANEK, Radek (8) vs VLIEGEN, Kristof MOYA, Carlos vs GAUDIO, Gaston BJORKMAN, Jonas vs HENMAN, Tim MURRAY, Andy vs FERRER, David (12) NIEMINEN, Jarkko (14) vs Q POLANSKY, Peter (WC) vs DANCEVIC, Frank (WC) Q vs Q GINEPRI, Robby vs NALBANDIAN, David (3) BLAKE, James (5) vs BESTER, Philip (WC) SANTORO, Fabrice vs GASQUET, Richard Q vs VERDASCO, Fernando Q vs LL BERDYCH, Tomas (13) vs NESTOR, Daniel (WC) YOUZHNY, Mikhail vs RUSEDSKI, Greg Q vs Q MASSU, Nicolas vs NADAL, Rafael (2) Well that looks an absolutely cracking draw. I suppose with Fed and Nadal not playing since Wimbledon this would be the time to go for a big price but not for me. No action in the outright but I think this is set up to be a great tournament so should have lots of action during the week. Also the chance of a Henman/Murray second round:ok.
MR I, thanks as always for getting this info posted :clap

Re: ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August Quite a few books betting on this event on the outright market, so a bit of value to be had in my eyes: Haas @80/1 ew Stan James Tursunov @100/1 ew Skybet Gasquet @150/1 ew Sportingbet Mirnyi @250/1 ew Boylesports Ferrer @200/1 ew Sportingbet Others I like at big prices: Malisse-Hrbaty-F Lopez-Ginepri Just having a dabble as I hope to see Federer not wnning the Roger's Cup :loon

Re: ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August Hi guys, We continue with the following pick: ATP TOUR, TORONTO MASTERS ACASUSO TO D PHAU @ 1.6 on gamebookers Phau is completely out-of-form having lost 7 out of last 7 matches. Acasuso is a great claycourter who has consistent results on hard courts and will probably have too much consistency for Phau who can make a lot of unforced errors. www.WinningTipster.com

Quite a few books betting on this event on the outright market, so a bit of value to be had in my eyes: Haas @80/1 ew Stan James Tursunov @100/1 ew Skybet Gasquet @150/1 ew Sportingbet Mirnyi @250/1 ew Boylesports Ferrer @200/1 ew Sportingbet Others I like at big prices: Malisse-Hrbaty-F Lopez-Ginepri Just having a dabble as I hope to see Federer not wnning the Roger's Cup :loon
Haas at 80/1 seems value to me. He won the other tourny didnt he. he loves the hardcourts aswell.....Tursonov not mentally stable IMO...

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventRuano Pascual - Bammer
SelectionBammer
Strength10/10
Date07/08/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.62 (Back)
ReasoningBammer seems to be better choice here.She had pretty good start at San diego last week where she won against Safarova and in second round she played really good match against Pierce.Ruano is not impressiva on hard.At San Diego she won against out of form Likhovtseva and then she was trashed by Vaidisova 1:6 0:6.She is rather doubles player and she usually plays poor in singles.Bammer has far more games played on hard this year and I see her as a favourite to win this one.

SportTennis
EventToronto Masters Series
SelectionSODERLING v Gonzalez
Strength10/10
Date07/08/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.25 (Back)
ReasoningI think Soderling has a great chance here. H2H is a very nice 3-1 to Soderling with Gonzalezs only win coming when the Swede had to retire on clay. Two of the wins have come on North American hard courts including one earlier this year in Indian Wells. Gonzo has been playing the US hard courts recently which is a help, and he's done alright, but I think the losses against Malisse and Tursunov are a bit poor for a guy of his class. Soderling has shown good form for most of this year and despite coming off clay in Sweden a few weeks ago I think he can get a win here.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventG Simon v P Srichaphan
SelectionG Simon
Strength8/10
Date07/08/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.53 (Back)
ReasoningGilles Simon is a player enjoying a good season - the 22 year old has enjoyed wins on hard courts over Berdych at the Australian open aswell as the likes of Nieminen and Moodie also indoors. His form as a whole is great with a terrific clay court season with Verdasco and Gaudio amongst his scalps. Although clay court cannot be compared to hard courts it is clear that, despite a few recent losses in early rounds, he is a man with reason to be confident in his game unlike Paradorn...... Srichaphan, who enjoyed great wins which seem like yesterday!, has stuggled all year aside from one good run in Indian Wells where he made the semi final. Recently he has lost twice to Carlsen on hard courts in the US who, despite playing well of late, is no great player. He also has several early exits and despite the fact that hard courts would be his preferred choice of surface he is priced to low IMO hence making the young frenchman the value pick here.

SportTennis
SelectionLOPEZ v Johansson
Strength10/10
Date07/08/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 1.66 (Back)
ReasoningLopez looks like a solid selection here. It's a shame, but Johansson hasn't been the same since his eye injury. In fancy he's only won one match and that was against Fognini ranked 294 and he's had 7 losses. He's had a bit of a break since Bastad so he may be in better shape but lack of matches is still going to hurt and I think he'll struggle here. Lopez found some form in Gastad a few weeks ago and getting a couple of matches in Washington should help, and I think he can take this one pretty comfortably. H2H is 2-0 to Johansson but he's a different player now.
SportTennis
SelectionRUSEDSKI v Youzhny
Strength10/10
Date07/08/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 2.37 (Back)
ReasoningYouzhny won a few matches in Kitbuhel a couple of weeks ago but aprt from that he's had a shocking year. I've never really thought too much of his on hard courts and I think Greg can take this one down. Youzhny is 3-7 in his last 10 and 8-17 since 2000 against big servers. I think that's because he struggles to return from his backhand side which is quite a 'whippy' action and he has little control against a big serve. Greg is coming here after a poor run but he's had a few weeks off and should be over the hip problems he had at Queens and Wimbledon. Last year in Montreal he really turned it on reaching the semis and I think he can get some wins here. H2H is 1-1 with Youzhny winning a semi final at home in St Petersburg where he was totally inspired and Greg winning at Indian Wells easily earlier this year.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventG Simon v P Srichaphan
SelectionG Simon
Strength8/10
Date07/08/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.53 (Back)
ReasoningGilles Simon is a player enjoying a good season - the 22 year old has enjoyed wins on hard courts over Berdych at the Australian open aswell as the likes of Nieminen and Moodie also indoors. His form as a whole is great with a terrific clay court season with Verdasco and Gaudio amongst his scalps. Although clay court cannot be compared to hard courts it is clear that, despite a few recent losses in early rounds, he is a man with reason to be confident in his game unlike Paradorn...... Srichaphan, who enjoyed great wins which seem like yesterday!, has stuggled all year aside from one good run in Indian Wells where he made the semi final. Recently he has lost twice to Carlsen on hard courts in the US who, despite playing well of late, is no great player. He also has several early exits and despite the fact that hard courts would be his preferred choice of surface he is priced to low IMO hence making the young frenchman the value pick here.
:welcome to PL and good luck mate! Couple of out of forms guys there, I'm leaving that one alone:loon

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventJ Chela v L Hewitt
SelectionJ Chela
Strength7/10
Date08/08/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.34 (Back)
ReasoningCrazy Price IMO here - Hewitt hasnt been himself this year as losses to the likes of Daniel, Goldstein and Seppi will show. He just doesnt seem to have the same game he was using to dominate opponents in recent seasons. Maybe the birth of his child etc has mellowed him too much! In all seriousness he seems to have more to concentrate on these days and it could be affecting his tennis. Chela had Hewitt beat in this years Australian open but the Ozzie squeezed through and with a H2H which is all square I couldnt have Hewitt such a big favourite. Chela has also been on great form of late on clay - and unlike many south americans, his game is very well adapted to hard courts. This price could well contract before the off so will take the 3.34 now which to me is great value.

SportTennis
SelectionSANTORO v Gasquet
Strength10/10
Date07/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 2.75 (Back)
ReasoningI think Santoro is definately worth a shot here. He has shown great form at times this year and should definately be up for this one. Last two visits to Toronto he's reached the quarters and played very well so clearly likes this venue. Gasquet has started to show form winning in Nottingham and Gstaad but you never know how he's going to show up. He needs his timing to be perfect otherwise he can be woeful and that's why I'm willing to take a risk against him today. Santoros game could well match up well against him and the old man has a chance here.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventF Lopez v T Johansson
SelectionT Johansson
Strength7/10
Date07/08/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.48 (Back)
ReasoningValue again here....... I like Lopez with his arkward big left hand serve and solid groundstrokes but he always seems liable to self-implode to me if things arent going his way. He played well against Murray until the rain when he got turned over upon resumption. Johansson in poor form has had eye surgery and some poor defeats but the thing is many of these were 3 sets so he hasnt been getting trounced week in and week out. He has won the Australian open and is a good player on his day. This is a good tournament for him to get going again IMO with a H2H of 2-0 against Lopez I fancy he is capable of staying in a tight game, hence making 2.48 value.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventF Serra v S Grosjean
SelectionF Serra
Strength7/10
Date07/08/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.89 (Back)
ReasoningPure Value here - Serra has been decent enough on hard courts and won the first tournament of the year in Adelaide. Since then he hasnt been spectacular but has enough form to suggest he can trouble Grosjean who isnt at his best on hard courts and recently lost to Moodie.

Re: ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August Does anybody recall what odds F Dancevic was??? he was playing another Wild Card so I am assuming he was odds on but he is a decent player on the hardcourts...He caused Roddick problems at Queens i think it was....

Does anybody recall what odds F Dancevic was??? he was playing another Wild Card so I am assuming he was odds on but he is a decent player on the hardcourts...He caused Roddick problems at Queens i think it was....
He was really short, about 1.18 I believe:ok

Re: ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August No idea about records for me Mr I , but that was hell of a tiebreak . Phau had chances to win when leading 17-16 and holding serve . He lost the plot there .

I think that equals the record doesn't it? Fed/Safin had a 20-18 and I think Ivanisevic had one:unsure :unsure

No idea about records for me Mr I ' date=' but that was hell of a tiebreak . Phau had chances to win when leading 17-16 and holding serve . He lost the plot there .[/quote'] Well he's been on a shocking run lately so confidence probably low....I'm just glad it's over:). Anyway, I was bored so Wikipedia.... So you've got to be a bit of a player to win a 20-18 tiebreak:loon :loon

Re: ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August Nice find MR I . Rusedski playing quite well at the moment . Break youzhny now man . :spank:spank

Well he's been on a shocking run lately so confidence probably low....I'm just glad it's over:). Anyway, I was bored so Wikipedia.... So you've got to be a bit of a player to win a 20-18 tiebreak:loon :loon