ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August

He was really short' date=' about 1.18 I believe:ok[/quote'] Thanks Mr I. I dont feel as bad on missing thatg ame now LOL...Nalbandian getting a good spanking at the moment....if greg could have taken those break points early on in the game it would have helped......By the way did you win your mixed doubles match?

Thanks Mr I. I dont feel as bad on missing thatg ame now LOL...Nalbandian getting a good spanking at the moment....if greg could have taken those break points early on in the game it would have helped......By the way did you win your mixed doubles match?
Yeah I did thanks, bout the only thing I can win at the minute:sad

Re: ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August Lopez just lost 2-1. he had 18 break point attempts and only converted 2. that says it all :wall Well done to the member who was on Johanssonnnnnn :ok Least someone made some loot of the bum Lopez LOL

Re: ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August Ferrer looks good value to beat Murray to me for a lot of reasons. - He's the higher ranked and more experienced player - He reached the semi-finals of the last north american tms only losing to Federer - He won the last tournament he played so confidence should be high - He's a counter-puncher, with good movement, fitness and defensive skills, the very style Murray seems to struggle against. - Murray was struggling with blisters against Clement. Good chance they won't have healed properly 48hours later. - Murray could also be a bit fatigued after reaching the final and losing in intense heat. h2h is 1-0 Ferrer in a close match on clay. My main reservation is that he hasn't played on the surface in such a long time while Murray has had good preparation. Still, 2.18 looks big to me.

Ferrer looks good value to beat Murray to me for a lot of reasons. - He's the higher ranked and more experienced player - He reached the semi-finals of the last north american tms only losing to Federer - He won the last tournament he played so confidence should be high - He's a counter-puncher, with good movement, fitness and defensive skills, the very style Murray seems to struggle against. - Murray was struggling with blisters against Clement. Good chance they won't have healed properly 48hours later. - Murray could also be a bit fatigued after reaching the final and losing in intense heat. h2h is 1-0 Ferrer in a close match on clay. My main reservation is that he hasn't played on the surface in such a long time while Murray has had good preparation. Still, 2.18 looks big to me.
Agreed, helpful that Ferrer played and won a doubles match today:ok

Agreed' date=' helpful that Ferrer played and won a doubles match today:ok[/quote'] cool. I didn't know that. All the more reason to go with Ferrer. Anyone know roughly what price Henman was today vs Bjorkman?

Re: ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August Thanks. I fancied him but would probably would've left it alone at that price. I'm also considering going for Robredo against Safin. Robredo seems to be quite underrated on hardcourts. He beat Blake and Tursunov in the Australian Open and trounced Murray in Las Vegas, as an underdog in all 3. Safin's price is surely down to his name and not much else. He had a good win against Blake last week but he's still woefully inconsistent and it isn't by accident that he's ranked 91 in the world at the moment. I have a few reservations about Robredo though. He was having his best ever season on clay, winning 2 titles including a masters series in Hamburg and reaching another final but fell apart at the end of the season. He's had shocking defeats in his last 2 events but it's hard to know if this is down to poor form or a simple lack of motivation for the smaller tournaments. He's also changed coaches in the last few weeks, the timing of which seems strange. Despite all that I still think he's a bit of value at 2.5 and intend to back him with small stakes.

Is federer a sure thing for this tourney?read something in the RP that he hasnt lost on this surface for a while.
Well it depends how you strict you are in classifying courts:unsure. Nadal gave him a meeting-with-a-beating earlier this year in Dubai earlier this year:D. But if you want to talk about North American hard courts he hasn't lost since August 3rd 2004 when he was knackered and lost to Hrbaty. The price reflects the chance IMO. He will reach the final unless he gets injured or isn't interested, which is very unlikely. He will win the final, unless one of the aforementioned things happen, or Nadal makes it to the final. If it's a Federer/Nadal final, Fed will be favourite, but I know who I'll be on. Vamos:tongue2.

Re: ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August My tuesday fancies. Stepanek and Nieminen. prices reflect class of oponents - so Im going to beef em up going on straght sets (11/10 and 4/5 respectively) good luck all-except the bookies!

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventClement v Martin
SelectionClement
Strength10/10
Date08/08/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.30 (Back)
ReasoningNothing special here but still value - Clement played very well on hard courts last week beating the likes of Murray and Safin, and will be looking to keep the momentum going. I dont expect him to have anywhere near as good a week but will easily dispose of Alberto Martin, a clay courter, who isnt on great form and has shown nothing to indicate he can take out the frenchman here.

Re: ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August that was quite crap from ferrer. decided to start playing at a set and 5-0 down just to prolong my misery. nice win for robredo at crazy odds though means I'm level for the day. should've had more confidence in the latter pick.

Re: ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August Morning all, been a regular reader of the Tennis tips here for a while, and I post on the board elsewhere, have decided to start throwing in a few of my own tennis tips, here's what I'm siding with today. Ivan Ljubicic-Arnuad Clement Clement came good again yesterday with a 2 and 1 demolition of Alberto Martin, and the Frenchmen now has six straight wins and 12 straight sets to his name. Ljubicic on the other hand hasn’t played much since losing in the third round at Wimbledon, he’s won three of five matches since, including a victory over Nicolas Almagro in the opening round here. Ljubicic also has a poor record at this event, his opening round victory was only his second win in his last seven matches in the Roger’s Cup. One factor in the Croatian’s favour his the H2H record, Ljubicic leads 4-2 in his matches against Clement and he’s won their last four meetings, all in 2004. For that reason, we will keep stakes relatively small. Advice: 2pts Clement to win @ 3.5 (Generally) Dominik Hrbaty-Julien Benneteau Despite a three set victory over Marcos Baghdatis in the first round, Benneteau remains short of form, he had lost his previous four matches, including defeats to players such as Lukas Dlouhy and Thiemo de Bakker. He also lost the opening set to Baghdatis, but the Cypriot, having not played since Wimbledon, couldn’t maintain the standard, losing the next two sets. Hrbaty has been in much better form, losing only two of his last seven matches, to the in-form duo of Clement and Haas. Hrbaty reached the quarter-finals here last year, beating Ferrero, Novak and Henman on the way, he also holds a 4-0 H2H record over Benneteau, without conceding a set, and winning 49 games to 17. Expect Hrbaty to win again today. Advice: 4pts Hrbaty to win @1.50 (Paddy Power)

Ill start the ball rolling on this fine Wednesday! Looking at Malisse to beat Schricapan Hrbaty to beat Benneteau Berdych to beat Youzney Sanguetti to beat Hernych OPINIONS WELCOME
I looked at Mallise to win, but thought 1.67 was a bit too skinny. He performed fairly well yesterday, but Davydenko wasn't without his chances, he failed to convert any of 5 break points in the first set. With Mallise you also get the feeling that any of his numerous ailments could come back and derail him at any moment. Srichaphan has been in terrible form, but just maybe a convincing win over Simon will give him a bit more confidence to his game. Sanguinetti another that was just too short, he won a challenger in Canada recently, and has been in good nick, but Hernych is a decent player as well, and will pose him problems. Hernych's win over Mahut in the first round isn't a stand-out result though, as Mahut has been in poor form recently.

that was quite crap from ferrer. decided to start playing at a set and 5-0 down just to prolong my misery. nice win for robredo at crazy odds though means I'm level for the day. should've had more confidence in the latter pick.
no disrespect to murray, if ferrer had turned up it would have been different. I think your pick was the correct one. The spaniard made too many errors and murray played steady tennis. Murray was getting hand probs and would have lost if it went into a 3rd...... Well done on Tommy R pick!

Morning all, been a regular reader of the Tennis tips here for a while, and I post on the board elsewhere, have decided to start throwing in a few of my own tennis tips, here's what I'm siding with today. Ivan Ljubicic-Arnuad Clement Clement came good again yesterday with a 2 and 1 demolition of Alberto Martin, and the Frenchmen now has six straight wins and 12 straight sets to his name. Ljubicic on the other hand hasn’t played much since losing in the third round at Wimbledon, he’s won three of five matches since, including a victory over Nicolas Almagro in the opening round here. Ljubicic also has a poor record at this event, his opening round victory was only his second win in his last seven matches in the Roger’s Cup. One factor in the Croatian’s favour his the H2H record, Ljubicic leads 4-2 in his matches against Clement and he’s won their last four meetings, all in 2004. For that reason, we will keep stakes relatively small. Advice: 2pts Clement to win @ 3.5 (Generally) Dominik Hrbaty-Julien Benneteau Despite a three set victory over Marcos Baghdatis in the first round, Benneteau remains short of form, he had lost his previous four matches, including defeats to players such as Lukas Dlouhy and Thiemo de Bakker. He also lost the opening set to Baghdatis, but the Cypriot, having not played since Wimbledon, couldn’t maintain the standard, losing the next two sets. Hrbaty has been in much better form, losing only two of his last seven matches, to the in-form duo of Clement and Haas. Hrbaty reached the quarter-finals here last year, beating Ferrero, Novak and Henman on the way, he also holds a 4-0 H2H record over Benneteau, without conceding a set, and winning 49 games to 17. Expect Hrbaty to win again today. Advice: 4pts Hrbaty to win @1.50 (Paddy Power)
Welcome Tyrone and great post!!

no disrespect to murray, if ferrer had turned up it would have been different. I think your pick was the correct one. The spaniard made too many errors and murray played steady tennis. Murray was getting hand probs and would have lost if it went into a 3rd...... Well done on Tommy R pick!
I've never seen someone take such an easy 6-2, 5-0 lead, all Murray had to do was get the ball in court and Ferrer did the rest. If Murray had of lost that tie-break I couldn't see him winning the 3rd. The match with Henman today is interesting, the Tiger has been in better form of late, his only defeats in his last 11 matches have been to Hewitt, Federer and Tursonov, I think he could push Murray here, and quite possibly win. Robredo's another in good form at the moment, but he's gone from being over priced yesterday to under priced today.

Re: ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August I'm going to have to go for Henman @11/8 against Murray later on today. Watched the match last night and Murray was getting pretty frustrated it must be said, had that worried look on his face, and as they were saying, he wasn't aggressive enough - which meant Ferrer got back easy enough. Henman had a good match from what I saw the other day, and at these odds it's worth a shot. I couldn't go for Murray at 1.50/1.55 in a match like this. Henman @ 11/8 Stakes 5/10

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventSrichaphan v Malisse
SelectionMalisse
Strength10/10
Date09/08/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.63 (Back)
ReasoningMalisse is a class player, no doubt about it. Unfortunately for him he falls into the same category as Marat Safin when it comes to reliability and mental stability. When he is on song he has a teriffic serve and great groundstrokes. When he doesnt fancy playing he can easily be his own worst enemy and look unbothered. However I like him today to beat a much out of form Srichaphan. Malisse should be confident after beating Davydenko (even if a little jetlagged) and this is a big tournament so hopefully he has his head screwed on right. There is no doubting to me that he is the better player and Srich hasnt shown much this season to worry me here - fancy Xavier to win fairly comfortably.