ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August

Re: ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventHrbaty v Benneteau
SelectionBenneteau
Strength10/10
Date09/08/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.98 (Back)
ReasoningValue here - Benneteau has beaten the likes of Roddick and Malisse on hard this year and more importantly is coming in to this off the back of beating Baghdatis, the Australian open finalist. He will be very high on confidence and Hrbaty isnt playing his best tennis at the moment. He recently lost too Carlsen on hard and I just couldnt back him at these low odds so will take good value on the frenchman here.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T. Robredo vs J. Acasuso
Today, 19:30 Tennis - ATP
Pick: T. Robredo Result: Pending Stake: 10/10 Odds: 1.53 Bookmaker: Pinnacle vCash: Yes Acasuso is in very good form lately. He played very good tennis in Stuttgart (Clay) and lost only in 5 sets final to D.Ferrer. His first opponent in Toronto was B.Phau, who lost his last 8 matches (now 9). The game ended in two sets 7-5, 7-6 (20-18 on tie-break). Even with his good record Acasuso is a bad HARD court player. He tries not to play on HARD courts and he's here in Toronto only because of US Open. Only 14% of his games was on HARD, 79% on CLAY. His record 14-29. T.Robredo's (7-th seed here) first opponent was M.Safin and he won in 3 not easy sets. I'm not sure Robredo will win in 2, but I'm sure (99.9%) he will win today

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventHrbaty v Benneteau
SelectionBenneteau
Strength10/10
Date09/08/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.98 (Back)
ReasoningValue here - Benneteau has beaten the likes of Roddick and Malisse on hard this year and more importantly is coming in to this off the back of beating Baghdatis, the Australian open finalist. He will be very high on confidence and Hrbaty isnt playing his best tennis at the moment. He recently lost too Carlsen on hard and I just couldnt back him at these low odds so will take good value on the frenchman here.
:cow :clap gr8 pick Artmaster.

Re: ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August Hello all ... just wanted to say how much i have enjoyed following this thread. also made a few quid following the tips of astute punters here. thank you. it's crazy, I know .... but i fancy HT Lee to beat Nadal tonight. He's paying $22 on betfair. I might be a 100 per cent wrong, but at 22.00 i know which way i'm going.

Hello all ... just wanted to say how much i have enjoyed following this thread. also made a few quid following the tips of astute punters here. thank you. it's crazy, I know .... but i fancy HT Lee to beat Nadal tonight. He's paying $22 on betfair. I might be a 100 per cent wrong, but at 22.00 i know which way i'm going.
nadal struggled yesterday against massu. i know he hasnt played on hardcourts for a while and maybe it was a bit of rust but maybe some value in the sets betting. 2-1 Nadal must be pretty good odds.....

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventMalisse v Johansson
SelectionJohansson
Strength10/10
Date10/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.48 (Back)
ReasoningJohansson has had something of a resurgence this week on the hard courts with a morale boosting win over Lopez and he was playing well against Hewitt before the Australian retired. He has looked solid on serve and in his best form in a long time. Malisse is a class player on his day, on others a disaster waiting to happen. Like Safin he is very temperamental and when things don’t go his way sometimes suffers concentration lapses. Johansson is the type of solid player who may trouble Malisse – he has beaten him this year already at the Australian open and he is good value for another win here.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventBenneteau v Acasuso
SelectionBenneteau
Strength10/10
Date10/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.48 (Back)
ReasoningBenneateau is on good form this week, beating Hrbaty and Baghdatis and although Acasuso has a big game, he isn’t so well adapted to hard courts and has lost too some very average players on this surface so far this season. Benneteau is no world beater but is good value here to beat a clay court player. He has also beaten the likes of Roddick on hard court so has a decent enough track record on the blue stuff. Great price on the frenchman IMO to send Acasuso packing.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventLjubicic v Gonzalez
SelectionGonzalez
Strength10/10
Date10/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.52 (Back)
ReasoningLjubicic hasn’t looked invulnerable this week, far from it IMO and Gonzalez dished out a thrashing to Ferrero last round. The Chilean is more mobile than the tall Croatian and if he can get good read on the big serve I fancy he will give Ljubicic problems in the rallies. He has an all court game and on his day can beat most players. This is good value on Gonzalez IMO to overcome his poor H2H with the Ljub and get a win today

Re: ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August Andy Murray vs. Carlos Moya I can’t believe the price on offer for Moya here. The Spaniard has been in excellent form recently, and has recorded successive 1 and 4 victories in this tournament. Murray has also looked impressive early on in matches, and has looked on the verge of thumping victories in both his opening matches, but on both occasions he has look fatigued and in places and has let his opponents back in. He can’t be giving someone of Carlos Moya’s standards a second chance tonight. There remains a doubt over Murray’s fitness, and the Scotsman is playing his eight match in nine days this afternoon. Both players have good recent form to go on, and the match, in my opinion, could go either way. Take the value of Moya. Pick: Moya to win @ 2.62 (Generally)

Re: ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August Some interesting picks today. I was close to going with Mallise as well, but have left it, Johansson had won only once in his previous 13 matches before this tournament, and he beat an injured Hewitt last night, although I missed the match and believe he did play ok from what I've read. I nearly went with Gonzalez as well, but Ljubicic's 20-5 Hard Court record this year put me off, two of those defeats were to Federer as well. Just the Moya pick for me today in the end.

NICE WORK ARTMASTER . For me today it is Gasquet and Neiminen. I respectfully urge caution and perhaps a little restraint in betting against Ljubicic ( at this stage) cheers & good luck everyone
BOL Keith........ For some reason Ljubicic loves the tournaments which are best of 3. The grandslams he capitulates. i intend to watch him closely in any live game when he goes 2-0 up cus he will definitely blow as he has proved in Wimbledon and other Grandslams...I think he feels he should get paid for overtime in the grandslams LOL

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventBerdych v Nadal
SelectionBerdych
Strength5/10
Date11/08/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 6.42 (Back)
ReasoningOdds too big on Berdych here - he is 1v1 in H2H and won on hard last year against Nadal. The Spaniard was broken a couple of times last round by Lee and will have to raise his game against the giant Czech. Berdych has given Federer a good game this year and although his hard court season hasnt been superb he will surely be up for the big occasion and there is big value in these odds IMO.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventVerdasco v Gasquet
SelectionVerdasco
Strength8/10
Date11/08/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.14 (Back)
ReasoningOK Gasquet had a great win against Blake last round but he may run into trouble here IMO. He hasnt been overly impressive on hard courts this season with a few 1st and 2nd round losses to the likes of Serra and Henman. Verdasco has taken his clay court form and beaten players like Nalbandian on grass. I fancy today he may cause a shock on hard courts with his consistent groundstrokes. In any case I think there is value in the price as Gasquet has a big reputation already without maybe doing as much too earn it as you would like.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventLjubicic v Gonzalez
SelectionGonzalez
Strength10/10
Date10/08/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.52 (Back)
ReasoningLjubicic hasn’t looked invulnerable this week, far from it IMO and Gonzalez dished out a thrashing to Ferrero last round. The Chilean is more mobile than the tall Croatian and if he can get good read on the big serve I fancy he will give Ljubicic problems in the rallies. He has an all court game and on his day can beat most players. This is good value on Gonzalez IMO to overcome his poor H2H with the Ljub and get a win today
Nice one Artmaster another gr8 pick :cow :nana :clap

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventBerdych v Nadal
SelectionBerdych
Strength5/10
Date11/08/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 6.42 (Back)
ReasoningOdds too big on Berdych here - he is 1v1 in H2H and won on hard last year against Nadal. The Spaniard was broken a couple of times last round by Lee and will have to raise his game against the giant Czech. Berdych has given Federer a good game this year and although his hard court season hasnt been superb he will surely be up for the big occasion and there is big value in these odds IMO.
Great pick there, I was tempted to go with it but went for Moya in the end :( Nice one though !

Re: ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August Thanks guys - it was a shame Johansson and Benneteau didnt make more of their first set break points or could have been even better :\ So far so good though looking out for that value and a result like Berdych definitely feels good when it comes in :)

Re: ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August Not much value about today - Gonzo and Murray probably will fancy their chances but the odds seems a little short. I do like Berdych again which seems to be going against the grain of a lot of peoples opinions......

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventBerdych v Gasquet
SelectionBerdych
Strength10/10
Date11/08/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.74 (Back)
ReasoningBerdych is a class act and showed this last night upsetting the odds against Nadal. Its fair to say he probably hasnt performed as well on hard courts as he could like this season with a 2nd round Australian loss and defeats to players like Robin Vik and Taylor Dent. He has of course beaten high calibre players like Hewitt and Murray on hard. Gasquet is playing well, creating a lot of break opportunities and had a great win over blake, but again over the season he hasnt had too many brilliant results on this surface and sometimes his reputation seems to go before him IMO as although he is a talent he hasnt done that much on the circuit yet. The Czech seems to me to be a big occasion players - he relishes the battles against the big players. He has run Federer close this year in Halle and last night against Nadal played some impressive tennis. He will have his eye on Federer in the final and will be keen to get one over on the young Frenchman in their first meeting and I see good odds for him to do so. He won 82% of his first serves last night and if he can keep this up he should be too solid for Gasquet, who does have lapses in concentration from time to time.

Re: ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August Have to say I agree with most people on here today, there isn't much that stands out. I've learn from this tournament and seeing TV coverage that it's time to stop opposing Murray, the player that we saw around the French Open and Wimbledon has improved dramitically, and he now looks a real talent, which in my opinion he didn't at Roland Garros and in the weeks that followed. Gonzalez holds an 8-1 H2H over Acasuso, but a lot of the matches have gone the distance, and the total games won stand at 136-102 in Gonzalez's favour, which averages at a supremacy of around 4.5 games a match, but with the only handicap price I have found set at 4 games, it's a match better left alone I think.

Re: ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August That first set from berdych against nadal was awesome. He took the game to Rafa..That was the only part of that game I watched but was pleasantly surprised to see him win! As for Murray he now he has someone who has a proven track record telling/advising him as to what to do and sharing tactics. No disrespect to mark petchey, he seems like a top bloke but he aint done much in tennis and i think Murray couldnt respect his opinions..Murray seems to be enjoying tennis again and Gilbert will make sure he has no distractions and concentrates on what he should be and thats his tennis..Hopefully Gilbert will get him to work on his physical side of the game cus in the majors he will struggle. He looks as if he is going to collapse on the court in 5 set matches which go the full length... BOL of luck to all today!!!!!!! Majid

Re: ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August Not looking bad for Richard. :cow

Quite a few books betting on this event on the outright market, so a bit of value to be had in my eyes: Haas @80/1 ew Stan James Tursunov @100/1 ew Skybet Gasquet @150/1 ew Sportingbet Mirnyi @250/1 ew Boylesports Ferrer @200/1 ew Sportingbet Others I like at big prices: Malisse-Hrbaty-F Lopez-Ginepri Just having a dabble as I hope to see Federer not wnning the Roger's Cup :loon

Re: ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August Gasquet crusies past Berdych, how often do players come off big victories such as Berdych's against Nadal and then slump to defeat in the next round. Another interesting Murray match as well, I think that makes it six or seven times in this tournament alone he has been broken serving for the match, a major problem there for Gilbert to work on. But all in all his game is improving greatly and he looks capable of competing in most departments.

Re: ATP Toronto Masters Series 7th-13th August You have to fancy Gasquet tomorrow v Murray. Murray due a letdown, having played so many matches the last few weeks(admittedly very well). Not sure of the odds? What do we think? I estimate 4/6 Murray 11/10 Gasquet from the bookies. Anyhting odds against for gasquet is good value, I reckon.