** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Sun Dream Team Discussion

My favourite part of playing this game s selecting my team - it gets a bit boring after that when i dont get any points! :lol Just thought that i'd start a thread for people to exchange views on the good signings or the ones to avoid in this seasons game.

Re: Sun Dream Team Discussion Just a couple of thoughts early on. For anyone wanting a cheap(er) Chelsea defender, Ashley Cole is listed as an Arsenal player and is valued at £5.0m, compared to £5.5 m for Gallas or £8.0 for Terry. Watch the transfer news to see if he ends up at the Bridge. On the same note, Clichy is likely to be his understudy and at £2.5m looks a bargain for an Arsenal defender. Eboue looks cheap at £3.0 too. I'll be suprised if Lauren wins his place back after Eboues performnces last year. Assou-Ekotto of S***s looked decent vs Milan yesterday and is a cheap option at £2.0m Aurelio of Liverpool looks cheap at £2.0m or am I getting the wrong end of the stick and he will only be a bit part player?? I assumed he would play regularly when Rafa signed him - i could be wrong though..... :unsure Anyone looking for a cheap striker could do worse than the Reading boys who smashed them in last year. At least one of the three should come good. Question is which one though? I personally like Lita at £2.0m Ashton at 3.5m and Barton at £4.0m should have big seasons. Cheap Midfielders? Sidwell won Championship player of the year 2 seasons ago and Jagielks won it last year so they could be options at £2.5m each What about Van der Meyde of Everton? - if he keeps fit he could be a bargain at £2.0m?? My head hurts :(

Re: Sun Dream Team Discussion Cole will go, no doubt about that. Just depends if he goes to Chelsea or not. I honestly think that we would sell him to Madrid for a cheaper fee than Chelsea and i think Spain is the most likely option right now. If he does end up at Chelsea, ill put the greedy, horrible, underhand, sly, hypocritical, ungrateful, ugly chav bastard in my side.

Re: Sun Dream Team Discussion 2 questions I have based on my earlier post: 1. Will Aurelio play regulary? 2. What formation do Reading play? If its 3 up front then we dont have a selection problem but if its only 2 up front, who is left out of Doyle, Kitson and Lita? My guess would be Doyle but that is harsh after banging in 20+ goals last year. 3. Any Everton fans have an opinion on Van der Mayde? I note he has missed the trip to USA with a groin injury.....

Re: Sun Dream Team Discussion Is Aurelio a left-back? if so i see him starting, if not i dont! I think he will have finnan/carragher/hyppia/? personally, but there must be a pool fan here who knows more? I aint sure what formation Reading play, but if they play play a 4-4-2 which is more likely im sure Doyle or Kitson will be the man to make way, i only really see Lita as a possible premiership goalscorer, and even he may struggle (but he has alot of pace) ala Bent/ipswich Lita could be a good choice this season, like the look of Pennant on the assists this season and Bellamy to score the goals and asmuch as it pains me to say it (west ham fan) i see liverpool coming second this season. Ashton to have a big season too i think I dont think Van der meyde is a good option mate, he is constantly injured, most of last season, and now for there pre-season, and even if he played 20 games this season thats not enough for a mediocre player in the premiership.

Re: Sun Dream Team Discussion No? oh man! that's pretty bad Im not sure i will bother with them then lol - ive also noticed they dont give extra points for defenders scoring, and you only get a low budget - harsh b****ards lol.. Maybe not with Pennant then. might be worth getting in with Carrick before he switches to Man utd in the game? :)

Re: Sun Dream Team Discussion

AK - slightly off topic (well very) but doing my sun dream team for a comp at work ;) best option between Lauren or Eboue? Cheers
Hi Punto, this quote is pasted from my first post and i stand by that. I think it would be hard for Wenger to drop Eboue after his performances last season. Shame for Lauren as he hasnt done anything wrong other than get injured.
Eboue looks cheap at £3.0 too. I'll be suprised if Lauren wins his place back after Eboues performnces last year.
[url=http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32206]

2 questions I have based on my earlier post: 1. Will Aurelio play regulary? 2. What formation do Reading play? If its 3 up front then we dont have a selection problem but if its only 2 up front, who is left out of Doyle, Kitson and Lita? My guess would be Doyle but that is harsh after banging in 20+ goals last year. 3. Any Everton fans have an opinion on Van der Mayde? I note he has missed the trip to USA with a groin injury.....
No2. Going by last season mate, Doyle and Kitson played both matches against us so Lita warms the bench to begin with :ok

Re: Sun Dream Team Discussion Cheers AK :) I'm forumulating two sides whihc I'll post when I've finalised them. Agree about Ekotto, he looked very good yesterday. My only concern is that Jol rates Lee very highly so I still think he'll be 2nd choice. I did read a quote from Jol saying though that he can play left side of midfield so he may feature there? As for cheap options, Lita could score a few but Zokora, £3m? That;s a bargain, he's virtually gurenteed a starting place so could be an option. Cahill looks a good option at £4.5m too ;)

Cole will go, no doubt about that. Just depends if he goes to Chelsea or not. I honestly think that we would sell him to Madrid for a cheaper fee than Chelsea and i think Spain is the most likely option right now. If he does end up at Chelsea, ill put the greedy, horrible, underhand, sly, hypocritical, ungrateful, ugly chav bastard in my side.
Apparently there is something in his contract that say's he can be sold to Chelsea for 30mil. For every other team it will be a cheaper fee.

Re: Sun Dream Team Discussion Early team selections I am considering are: Hahnemann, Terry, Konchesky, Eboue, Bridge, Stevie G, Scholes, Barton, Henry, Keane, Harewood Lehmann, Senderos, Gallas, G. Neville, Distin, Sidwell, Stevie G, Hamann, JF Hasselbaink, Bellamy, Yakubu *This was before the Gallas saga and depends if Bridge is likely to get a game at left back depending on Ashley Cole moving*

Re: Sun Dream Team Discussion 1st draft (which you always go back to eventually):lol Van der Sar - A.Cole - Lescott - Terry - King - Scholes - Sidwell - Jagielka - Luque - Shevchenko - Henry Although if Cole goes to a Spanish club, Wayne Bridge becomes a shoe-in, so toss a coin to leave out Terry or Shevchenko.:wall

Re: Sun Dream Team Discussion Theory behind Luque is, no Shearer, no Owen for forseeable future, and any money needing to be spent on defence as a priority, then that leaves Luque and Ameobi as the Geordie's only fit strikers.:hope Roeder seems to have worked out that playing a forward on the left of midfield just doesn't work, so has put him up front, which is where he scored plenty in Spanish league. No King you say, hmm. The obvious replacement is Dawson of Spurs, but he just seems far to prone to calamities.... Definate re-think needed. I stand by the rest of the team though!!!!

Re: Sun Dream Team Discussion thats the only problem mate, so i havent entered it until i find out whats going on with the cole thing- if cole goes to chelsea no, but if he stays with Arsenal, he will surely play being only left back

Re: Sun Dream Team Discussion Thinking about going with the following, again, it's a first draft and will no doubt be changed 20 times before giving up and sticking this one in. Cech, Dawson, Konchesky, Assou-Ekotto, A Hughes, Sidwell, Gerrard, Davis, Shevchenko, Henry, Bellamy. Fancy Bellamy to do well for Liverpool, apart from that I'm not certain of any of my selections, they all looked good earlier!!! I hate Fantasy Football!!!!

Any spurs fans know if ekotto and zakora are likely to start this season, cheers.
Chris, I'm not a s***s fan (i repeat - I'm not a s***s fan) but Zokora will play every game - he cost them £8.2m and by all accounts will be the core of their midfield - especially now that Carrick has gone. Could be a good signing as he looked decent during the World Cup, although the whole Ivory Coast side looked decent to be honest! Assou Ekotto is interesting - I had complimentary tickets to the pre season Inter Milan game and he played there and looked very good indeed. If he doesnt get in the side ahead of Lee-Young at left back, he can apparently play at left midfield, where S***s are a bit short. I think at £2m he's worth a gamble. Alternatives are Lescott at Everton or Aurelio at Liverpool for the same price. Hope that helps :unsure

Re: Sun Dream Team Discussion As AK say's Zokora is a cert for a starting berth in the majority of our games. As for Ekotto, it's between him and Lee for the left back spot but Lee has been covering in at right back the last few friendlies and is predominately right footed. Ekotto has settled in well by all accounts and when I saw against Inter Milan he looked a good, no nonesence defender and should get plenty of minutes on the park for £2m rated player :)

Re: Sun Dream Team Discussion Personally i think people are rating andy johnson way over he's berth - he took alot of penalties when he done so well for palace, and i cant see him scoring more than the 10 mark. If it wasnt the sun, and you could have assists and extra points for a defender scoring then id say that defence is top notch cause of the assits from eboue and finnan, and the goals of Terry, but they dont give you nothing for these things.. still good defense though mate. like the look of zakora, jakielka could do well, and bellamy and henry a cert to score a few

Robinson
Finnan
Eboue
Terry
Heinze
Scholes
Zokora
Jagielka
Henry
A Johnson
Bellamy
Looks good Russ. No real weaknesses or gambles there apart from Jagielka but at £2m he should get you points. I'll stick mine up later in the week. Just putting the finishing touches to it! Punto - any ideas what the S***s line up was yesterday? Does it still look as though Stalteris going to be the fullback to be left out? Cheers scummer :ok