Greyhound Dutching System

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Greyhound Dutching System Striker, Not sure of the details of all these bets you've been making (i.e. the odds), but have you considered using the 'Fabri...whatsit' staking Plan. The idea being that you use the 'Fabri...whatsit' to determine your Gross returns not your stake. For illustration purposes lets assume the odds on the 2 dogs for each race are 3.00 & 5.00. If you don't win on one bet then the 'To Win' on the next bet is the 'Fabri...whatsit' index number*unit stake(£10) + the stake from the previous race.

(A)(B)
BetFabri…To WinStake
11£10.00£5.33
21£15.33£8.18
32£28.18£15.03
43£45.03£24.02
55£74.02£39.48
Think this is a possible solution to a long run without a win .... unless I've got my logic and maths wrong!!;)

Re: Greyhound Dutching System Striker, In about another day or so I'll have all the results of every UK dog race since Jan. 2005 in an ACCESS database. Details will include Date, Stadium, Distance, Race Grade, Dog, SP Odds, Trap No & Finish Position. I'm reasonably new to being an ACCESS user, but if you want some stats from the database let me know ...... but because of the time and effort I've put in obtaining this data, I will have to say I'm unwilling to share the raw data. In a month or so, I hope to have every UK race going back a further year.

Re: Greyhound Dutching System :clap :clap :clap Another BAGS win in the bag! Well done Striker thunderfoot, where are you getting your stats from? I,ve been searching for ages to find past data. Trapform is the only source i've found, but that costs an arm and a leg to subscribe to. Would appreciate any info or pointers, but understand if you don't want to tell me. Thanks

Re: Greyhound Dutching System

Thanks mate That sounds a big job,well done. What are you hoping to do with all the data?
Take Brough Park; Traps 3 & 4 ..... stats show that in 261 meetings there has not been a single meeting where either Trap 3 or 4 has not won a race, so a good selection.
  • 32% of meetings have had a first winner in race 1, 27% in race 2, 15% in race 3; only 4 meetings show a first winner being in race 9 or higher.
  • If you'd carried on betting and not stopped at the first winner there have been 30 instances where the losing run had been between 10 to 14 incl. (max. losing run being 17), so you're right to stop at the 1st winner.
  • Just under 1,300 races had either Trap 3 or Trap 4 as a winner.
  • 23% of meetings had Trap 3 or Trap 4 winning 4 of the races.
  • Betting every Trap 3/4 combination would have returned £1,000 plus (to £1 stakes on each selection). Return is based on SP odds plus 25% to allow for the better odds on Betfair, less the 5% commission.

Facinating reading that Thunderfoot I know a Guy on another forum who Dutch bets only at Newcastle and he uses 3 and 4 quite a bit and is showing a big profit.
Newcastle is one track, along with Rye House, Shelbourne Park & Sittingbourne, that I haven't run stats on (although I have the info) because I don't think I have enough info on these venues. Mind you, don't want to do Sittingbourne because they run races with 8 runners. I'll run the stats on Newcastle later and see what I come up with.

Re: Greyhound Dutching System Striker, Which website (or other media) do you use to get quick race results? With races being 20'ish minutes apart, I can't see that the SportLife site is that quick at posting results, some of todays races not having their results posted 30 minutes after the event!!! .... and RacingPost don't seem to post results at all!!!

Morning Todays Meeting:CRAYFORD Traps:4 @ 6 Aim to Win £10,plus 2.50 for each losing race.
Striker, Just to clear up a point which initially confused me and maybe others reading this, using the @ symbol usually means "at" and I originally read the 6 as the odds that you were using. I realised that you are actually backing both traps, so what you should type is Traps:4 & 6. Nice going with the system anyway :ok.