Your NAP of the Day

Re: Your NAP of the Day This a good idea and should be a bit of fun too. Can I make another suggestion as well???? We should also choose one race like the most valuable of the day or showcase and each choose a selection in that one. It could be interesting to see how we do if we all use the same race :) Any opinions on that???? Rooster

Re: Your NAP of the Day

This a good idea and should be a bit of fun too. Can I make another suggestion as well???? We should also choose one race like the most valuable of the day or showcase and each choose a selection in that one. It could be interesting to see how we do if we all use the same race :) Any opinions on that???? Rooster
That's a different thread entirely Rooster, sometimes we do highlight a big race & stick a poll up but this NAP thread shuld be open to all races IMO

Re: Your NAP of the Day Right, I'll go for this every Saturday 'Saturday's NAP's' As mentioned great viewing figures and hopefully we can get a few winners out of it ie Lucky 15's trebles doubles etc. You only need to hit 1 of them to make some decent profit. Im sure we can pick a winner each.

Re: Your NAP of the Day Carl - can we rename it "SATURDAY SUMMER NAP COMP", run it until Aug 31st & have a weekly table. Make it a sticky etc. I will help. :ok only 1 NAP per person, SP or EP's if shown (bookie to be shown also). No reasons just the name of the horse. Keep it all in 1 thread each week.

1st prize gets a week with me in Blackburn 2nd prize is 2 weeks:lol
i've decided to withdraw from the competition - i got trapped at the back of the coach to york with those bowels :puke that was enough :lol

Can't believe we have never had a NAPS competition before...
I was think this yesterday when Bowles said what a good idea the NAPs thread was. after all weve been doing it in the footy section for ages. Ah well at least we catch on eventually:lol

I was think this yesterday when Bowles said what a good idea the NAPs thread was. after all weve been doing it in the footy section for ages. Ah well at least we catch on eventually:lol
umm strange, we all normally like our own threads on here. might see if a prize can be conjured up either a book, dvd, tickets to races etc etc

Re: Your NAP of the Day Been thinking about the comp side of this. I dont want it to end up like the DHRC where members post long shots for the high scores. At the end of the day we want NAPs that you personally would put your house on. The idea being if your stuck for that last selection for your treble/round robin or L15 then you nick 1 from this thread. What we dont want is a member to think oo im 10 point behind so Ill go for an outsider. If we do the comp side of this then I think we should score it like football, 3 points for your NAP to win 1 point if your NAP gets 2nd. 0 for everything else. Im just worried the comp side will change the idea of the thread,but Im all for a NAP's comp. what you think bowles.

Been thinking about the comp side of this. I dont want it to end up like the DHRC where members post long shots for the high scores. At the end of the day we want NAPs that you personally would put your house on. The idea being if your stuck for that last selection for your treble/round robin or L15 then you nick 1 from this thread. What we dont want is a member to think oo im 10 point behind so Ill go for an outsider. If we do the comp side of this then I think we should score it like football, 3 points for your NAP to win 1 point if your NAP gets 2nd. 0 for everything else. Im just worried the comp side will change the idea of the thread,but Im all for a NAP's comp. what you think bowles.
Carl, I agree mate but, being an EW punter, most of my naps will be at juicy prices (say, 6/1 up to 10/1 on average). How about something like this: 1 selection each week, either 1pt win or 0.5pts EW Pts scored according to SP or EP, whichever is requested. But, to negate the occasional long shot winner, you score bonuses for % strike rate over the duration of the comp. For example:- lets say there are 20 weeks over the course of the flat comp..... if you get 15 winners (or placed horses dependent on whether you back EW or not), you get a bonus of XX% (just to clarify, you would need 15 returns over the comp to qualify for the bonus) if you get 10, bonus of YY% etc, etc Also, lets put in a rule that says you can only back EW if the price is, say, 5/1 upwards. edit.....my other thought is that if you do not relate it to SP, and just points, people will go the other way from the DHRC and just back long odds-on selections. Ok, they may win but we also want to find some horses worth backing, and I'm sure not many of us play on 2/5 shots. Not sure if this makes sense but they are just my thoughts. Hope this is ok:ok. Sorry if I've stuck my nose in where it's not welcome:unsure

Re: Your NAP of the Day always welcome russ;) The idea for this thread was to give your 1 horse that you think will win. Fair enought you go for decent E/Ws and fair play to you but I really need 1 winner from everyone. Even if they are shit prices, thats why instead of scoring from SP we do the 3pts system to deter people from using a 20/1 to hopfully nick a place. As mentioned before I want this to be place to go if you need that last pick for your treble or double or what ever. Even if your stuck between 2 horses inthe same race but cant decide you look on here and see that AK has picked 1 of them so you think fcuk it ill go for that. making it into a comp will add a bit of fun to it but I dont want it to distract from the idea. After all we do have the DHRC;)

Re: Your NAP of the Day Thats fine, mate. No probs:ok I agree with the "lets find a winner" policy so I'm defo in. E/W's are for DHRC as you rightly say. One final point though....should we say no odds-on (or 1/2 shots) as I assume we want a bit of value?

Re: Your NAP of the Day yeah, agree with the above from Carl. The idea is to have a thread which people can use for L15's etc if they want to. The comp side is just a bit of fun TBH. Dont want it to become a burden & have too many rules. I can't see how we can have an ew nap TBH unless it wins. So the rules should be: 1 horse 1pt win only Sp's unless EP &bookie advised runs for 16 weeks