Newbury Thread

3.20 Newbury Forroger looks very overpriced in this at 33/1 handles soft ground and shaped in all of his 3 runs that a step to to 10f would suit, disappointed last time however but it would be foolish to write him off because of that one run and maybe connections were mindful of his handicap mark. Got a very low weight and has a good chance to win imo and great chance to place. Another with e/w claims is Wovoka who won a listed race in Ireland over 1m 1f still staying on at the end which suggests this extra 1f will suit and although shoulders the burden of top weight 16/1 is too good to miss. 2.45 Newbury My pick is Peeress here, the soft ground has threw this race up in the air as not many horses in this race handle it but Peeress has won on good to soft a few times and this is a major plus in this race. Of course the class act is Soviet Song but she has tended to need the run in the past and I have twice had my fingers burnt backing her FTO and will leave her alone even though the price looks great. Peeress is only other horse who has proven group 1/2 form over 8 miles and can handle soft, Rob Roy may improve but I haven't been impressed with his wins and he will need to improve even though Kinane prefers him.

Re: Newbury Thread

Peeress is only other horse who has proven group 1/2 form over 8 miles and can handle soft' date='[/quote'] Fcukin hell, Tank, 8 miles....are you sure? :rollin But seriously, good luck today mate :ok I've also tipped Wovoka in my thread today.

Re: Newbury Thread LOL yeah 8 miles would be a hike ;) For those of us who like to shoot the moon add: 3.35 notts - Cape Columbine 5.00 Bangor - An Capall dubh and place two e/w 0.5 point trebles from 4 one with Forroger and the other with Wovaka plus two e/w 0.5 accas for a total of 10 points.

Re: Newbury Thread You should try and keep records Tank, I agree with Mowgli - you're getting some nice priced winners and I'm sure your ahead with your selections in here. Not only would it show you how you're doing but also give the rest of us a clue on who's hot and who's not here - well done with Peeress ;)

Re: Newbury Thread Nice winner Tank - on the subject of keeping records, Have you tried entering www.sports-punter.com ? I think you'd be in the prize money this month with some of the winners you've had. Its well worth doing, for example, Bowles won £300 last month and I won £180, for finishing 1st and 2nd. Its free to enter so may be worth thinking about...

Re: Newbury Thread I take it the step up in trip didn't suit either of them!! Forroger ran ok for awhile run petered out between in the last 1 1/2 F Wovoka looked to be coming with a run on the outside then seemed to stop. Still a slight profit even though e/w trebles are down the jockey stole a march there doubt Cape would have been placed anyway.

Re: Newbury Thread

Nice winner Tank - on the subject of keeping records' date=' Have you tried entering www.sports-punter.com ? I think you'd be in the prize money this month with some of the winners you've had. Its well worth doing, for example, Bowles won £300 last month and I won £180, for finishing 1st and 2nd. Its free to enter so may be worth thinking about...
hey, i won £350!! :nana seriously, Tank, its worthwhile. As you can see in my thread, i keep a running total & it can be scary at times. I finished in front last year & thats my aim again this year. well done on Peeress, gallop reports were positive, i went for majors cast whom i feel will be spot on for the big Grp 1 mile race at Ascot on better ground, they way it cruised & quickened up in this ground was impressive. Fallon stole the race by getting first run - a great ride.