** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

The Big 5 System

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Big 5 System

SWITZERLAND WC Rating 87% chance Of Win 66% avr Odds 2.012 logical 132% [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] Total Stake 100
Any idea what returns you would have got if you'd placed stake amounts to return the same amount, instead of placing the same stake to return variable amounts? e.g. the 2 - 0 win above has returned £32.00 nett, if you had made variable stakes to give the same return (regardless of which one came-in), you would have returned £76.81 nett. 1 - 0 @ 6.20 @ £28.52 2 - 0 @ 6.60 @ £26.79 2 -1 @ 9.50 @ £18.61 3 - 0 @ 11.50 @ £15.37 3 - 1 @ 16.50 @ £10.71 Total Stake = £100 Still interested to know what you mean by 'Chance of win' & 'Rating'!!!;)

Re: The Big 5 System This is a very interesting system. I've followed the thread through and have to agree with thunderfoot's idea, I think you could make this more profitable with a better staking plan. I'll definately be keeping track of your progress, good luck mate.

Re: The Big 5 System Have gone back to the start of the thread and have calculated the results of an even bet spread or dutch as thuderfoot has mentioned- the profit up to today would have been 394 with a total return of 6494, so you would be worse off! when the 3-0 and the 3-1 hit they make a lot of money, also with such a heavy stake on the 3-1, 3-0 it makes trading easier in play, for example ukraine game in real betting I traded out without loss with 70 mins gone. Obviously this cannot be reflected on this thread without people complaining about 'aftertiming'. another school of thought would be heavy bets on the high scores and cover or safety bets with the 1-0, 2-0, 2-1.

Re: The Big 5 System Great to see you doing well here, can hardly wait to see the performance in the regular soccer season. I am however unclear on how the selection process works;

When the chance of a win is 50% or more
Is this based on the available odds ? I.e. if the odds are above 2.00 ?
and its rating is 70% or more
How do you determine this rating ?
Work out he avr odds of the big 5 scores and this is the avr price used to work out its value Multiply these new odds by the orginal chance of winning to give a logical bet, this needs to be at least 130% (i.e 66% x 2.1) for a team with a rating of 70% or 120% for a team with a rating of 80% etc...
In other words the odds on the correct scores needs to be 30% higher than the odds for a straight win. Correct ?