Poker Player Grand Prix II @ Betfair

GaF

Re: Poker Player Grand Prix II @ Betfair Not to be my night... First hand I played was A3s... flop comes AA3... first to act puts in a big bet, I raise and the last player in the hand goes all-in. Naturally, I call and he turns over AT. Turn produces a rag but the river, the sodding river, produces another 3 and the pot ends up being split!! :wall I'd rather it had produced a T and put me out!! Seen naff all after that and tried to get clever when I paired a 2 with a king kicker... needless to say it didn't work! :lol

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Poker Player Grand Prix II @ Betfair

:unsure Got back from Devon to see I've got about 1xBB left, a couple of bad beats dished out, including getting trip K's vs kevshats AQo and my 88 beating JJ AND KK and I'm sitting pretty. Its easy this game. :ok
Mr V Does this mean you did not play a hand in the first 15 minutes? I can feel an email to Betfair coming on........:@:@:@ DP

Congratulations Rednutt and Washman Prize winners from the bonus tourney on May 8 Chip set winners These lucky players now have a luxury Betfair chip set for the their home games

By PokerPlayer May 2006
Congratulations to the following ten players who all won one of the legendary Betfair chip sets each during freeroll 2. lynn Washman Glorious whufc65 joluke anthannie barbetta Cain138 Colch-Kev gorilla G total_gambler_1796_8.jpg

Re: Poker Player Grand Prix II @ Betfair Freeroll 3 report Congratulations to 'Viceroy13' who won the third freeroll on May 22

By Chris Marais May 2006
There was a gunfight at the Betfair corral as freeroll 3 went down last night, with the customary 300 player capacity field, and unfortnately the customary registration glitches. This time it was down to World Cup maintenance on the Betfair site on Monday morning, which is OK in my book with the big tournament less than three weeks away. But back to the other big tournament. The PokerPlayers were soundly thrashed in freeroll 3, with only one cowpoke cracking the top 100. Very poor. First to hang up his spurs was ‘Dicey’ who bombed out in 194th, with the rest of the posse biting the dust in quick succession. Next to go was ‘Tallulah’ in 192nd, and then ‘K_Unknown’ continued his bad run exiting 187th. Dudek was left back at the ranch this week minding the cattle. Next was ‘Hillyfish’ who earned office bragging rights in not being the first PokerPlayer out this week, followed by 'Shafty78' who made his customary good start, but slipped from there to exit in 142nd - leaving only ‘darklord5’ in at the first first break. ‘darklord5’ planned a new strategy this week – ultra-tight survival. Of course this was tested early on, when seated on a table with ‘billythfc’ – who nailed ‘darklord5’ last time out. An early face-off was inevitable, and trip Kings helped ‘darklord5’ put a big dent his nemesis’ stack early on, and billythfc was all-in shortly after, and saying his goodbyes after only about five hands. After making the final table in freeroll 2, ‘billythfc’ was gone in the blink of an eye – that’s poker folks. So back to the ultra-tight strategy with ‘darklord5’ trying to play out of the blinds, but the cards had dried up. Next was a tour of the tables, being moved four or five times, which was disconcerting to say the least, with players having a pop at the bounty regularly. The rocklike tactics were working though, making some good laydowns, once passing on 9-9 looking down the barrel of A-A. Chips dwindled to the bare minimum a few times but a couple of bigslicks helped out, as did tripling through with a nut flush. But it was survival play rather than positive play and it came to end as ‘darklord5’s’ J-10 ran into A-10, with a 10 showing on the flop. No further help arrived and it was off into the sunset in 61st. The field continued to thin at a steady rate, with aggressive play and vicious blinds meaning there was no slowdown as the tournament approached the final table stage. This quick tempo continued at the final table, with bold play to the fore and at the final break there were three players left. ‘Viceroy13’ had a considerable six to one chip advantage over ‘barbetta’ and ‘1mcscom’. Particular mention must be made of ‘1mcscom’ who won the first freeroll, and put in another excellent performance. He went first and it was heads-up between the other two. Due to ‘Viceroy13’s’ massive chip lead, it didn’t last long, and his A-4 beat off A-J with a 4 showing on a rainbow board. Congratulations to everyone that managed to register and play and commiserations to the PokerPlayer posse, who are busy watering the horses and dusting themselves down ready for the next raid. Automatic qualifier as winner of Freeroll 2: Viceroy13 Leaderboard to follow soon…

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Poker Player Grand Prix II @ Betfair Make sure you're organised and register early for this on Monday!! Has been filling up fast, and with the bounty in this....... You should have the email from Betfair with the password if you registered in the link in Post 1 of this thread!!!!

POKER PLAYER GRAND PRIX 2 - MONDAY AT 7:30PM (BST)

The new and improved Poker Player Grand Prix heats up on Monday night as Poker Player Editor (and veritable poker shark), Dave "K_Unknown" Woods enters the arena with a $6,000 Las Vegas bounty on his head courtesy of Betfair Poker! In the second of five super freerolls, a trip of a lifetime to Vegas for TWO will be won by the player who claims the scalp of the reigning Grand Prix champ on June 5th!

$6,000 bounty - One of the biggest freeroll bounties ever!

The Las Vegas package includes... deep breath please...

• Flights for two to Las Vegas
  • A five night stay at the Bellagio, the finest hotel in Vegas
  • $1,000 spending money
  • Helicopter trip over the Grand Canyon
  • Limousine Transfers
  • Vegas Show

If you miss out on the big prize then there’s still plenty to play for with a $1,000 PRIZE POOL as well as valuable leaderboard points up for grabs! Cash prizes will be paid out in accordance with the standard tournament payout structure (approximately 10% of the field) whilst Leaderboard points will be up for grabs for the top 30 players and anyone who knocks out one of the seven Poker Player representatives. The winner of each freeroll will also automatically qualify for the $13,000 grand final.

The password for Monday’s freeroll is: ********

REGISTRATION OPENS 12 HOURS BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT STARTS - REGISTER EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT - LIMITED SEATS AVAILABLE

Re: Poker Player Grand Prix II @ Betfair Could someone please PM me the password for tonights tourney. I got the magazine but I'm in work and I left the magazine at home. I don't want to leave registration until I'm home this evening. I signed up on the BF website too, to receive the passwords by email, but have not got it that way either. Many thanks in advance, Steve.

Re: Poker Player Grand Prix II @ Betfair If anyone can PM me pword would be grateful - after having waited weeks for my magazine subscription issue to turn up, it has arrived but have got July's issue and there aren't any June copies left in our local WHSmiths. Not sure whether there will be any places left when I get home but worth a try :notworthy :notworthy