** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Trialling something.....

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Trialling something.....

For Tuesday only 3 races meet the criteria & only 2 of those result in a selection but even worse only 1 of those is rated strong enough. Not happy with this so I'm going to throw the 4 class 1 races from Punchestown into the mix. Tuesday 25th April: Current +/-: +303.88pts 3.15 PUNCHESTOWN New Mill 1st 5/4 :clap 3.50 PUNCHESTOWN Back In Front :$ 4.00 SOUTHWELL Border Music :$ 1pt treble, 3 x 3pts double, 3 x 5pts singles = 25pts staked.
First one dots up.....Newmill was a runaway winner. :clap Back in front was set to win 2/3 out but then jumped one badly and was then hampered, according to sportslive.:( Border Music very disappointing. :( 11.25pts returned. Current +/-: +290.13pts

Re: Trialling something..... Thought we was in for something good when the first won. Border music was very dissapointing after. Looks like there's plenty to choose from tomorrow. Never mind mate we'll make a killing tomorrow.:ok By the way this is my favourite system on this forum at the moment.(Don't go getting a big head though):lol :ok .

Re: Trialling something..... Wednesday 26th April: Current +/-: +290.13pts 2.20 EPSOM London Express* 3.40 PERTH Briery Fox 4.45 PERTH Terra De Java 1pt treble, 3 x 3pts double, 3 x 5pts singles = 25pts staked. *Trainer states this horse is more likely to run at Catterick tomorrow. The race at Catterick doesn't qualify for this system as one runner doesn't have an RPR. Now the question is - do we take the 4th best listed horse, if London Express doesn't run at Epsom or do we take the non-runner, if it turns out to be one? You see, never before have the computer calculations factored in any non-runner, as they've always been calculated the night before. Factor in a non-runner for tomorrow and one could argue we should do so every day for every race, which I simply don't always have time to do & it could change other selections by deeming a previously declared best bet as now bettered by something else in a different race as a result of the non-runners. The basis of a system is that the selection methods remain consistent, yes?

Hmmmmm..... by doing one simple thing on the computer, I've answered my own question. To be revealed once we know tomorrow.
alright m8 - u ready to reveal what you found out then??? by the way are these's your selations for today??? 2.20 EPSOM London Express* 3.40 PERTH Briery Fox 4.45 PERTH Terra De Java

Re: Trialling something..... Right - last night, I removed the horse from Epsom and it gave Before You Go in it's place. To check it wasn't the software simply keeping the same race without justification, I also removed the other two selections, which promoted horses from other races. This showed that the software was genuinely selecting Before You Go, rather than a substitute for the same race. Therefore todays selections are now: Current +/-: +290.13pts 2.20 EPSOM Before You Go 3.40 PERTH Briery Fox 4.45 PERTH Terra De Java 1pt treble, 3 x 3pts double, 3 x 5pts singles = 25pts staked.

Therefore todays selections are now: Current +/-: +290.13pts 2.20 EPSOM Before You Go 1st :clap 8/13 3.40 PERTH Briery Fox 2nd :$ 4.45 PERTH Terra De Java 1pt treble, 3 x 3pts double, 3 x 5pts singles = 25pts staked.
Tighter odds than expected though.

Therefore todays selections are now: Current +/-: +290.13pts 2.20 EPSOM Before You Go 1st 8/13 :clap 3.40 PERTH Briery Fox 2nd :$ 4.45 PERTH Terra De Java :$ 1pt treble, 3 x 3pts double, 3 x 5pts singles = 25pts staked.
Started well, ended poor. Returns 8.08pts Current +/-: +273.21pts

Indeed, we've shown how good one days' return can be. Onwards and upwards.....
Can't you pick us these every day :eek ;) Some staking plans only require one winner so if this system consistently finds one a day (or even one every other day), you're on to something FleetFantastic, it could be used for level stakes or a losing run buster. Any chance of posting all the selections, not just the strongest :notworthy? Is it a screen scaper or are you manually looking at ratings? I'm not bad with VB, so if you need any programming etc, drop me a pm. Good luck for today.:hope

Re: Trialling something..... All selections just for posterity / shame: although damn annoying if winners come from outside the best 3. 3.20 BEVERLEY Sir Gerard / Dame Hester 3.50 PUNCHESTOWN Justified 4.00 PERTH Martha's Kinsman 4.25 PUNCHESTOWN Asian Maze 5.10 FONTWELL Romany Dream 6.25 YARMOUTH Namroc 7.25 YARMOUTH City For Conquest