** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Trialling something.....

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Trialling something..... Hi Mate Best of luck with these, you said a piece of software pick those on Sat and you say you are only trialling these. Will all future selections be from this software. In the past I,ve used comp/software as away of picking winners and to be honest had quite a bit of success with the programs I used. The only downside for the programs I used was the time it took to compile the ratings and I had to have that days R/post so could only really do them at the weekend.If this is a software system you be using all the time it will be intersting to see how it goes on. FleetFantic Sunday Native Title 2.50 muss 5pts win single

Re: Trialling something..... Hi again and thanks - yes todays is also using the same methods. It takes about 5 minutes per race, which is why I'm limiting it to class 4 and above. Each horse has to have it's last 2 finishes, days since lto, rating and current sp put in (I used the forecast prices). You can also put where favourites have finished in previous years, to add an extra bias if desired. Hopefully, most days I will have 3 selections which will basically be the 3 top-rated after inputting all the qualifying races - unfortunately, not all the races today had a complete list of sunratings so I couldn't rate every race for today. I was just curious - bored at work yesterday, so looked through all the crap I've bought from ebay over the last few years and this piece of kit was one of them! A couple of extra filters, a staking plan and we have ourselves a new system. Annoying thing is that Hever Road was also top-rated for it's race yesterday (won 13/2) but was not a top 3 selection.

Re: Trialling something..... Right sorted now, using the RPR figures. All races class 4 or above, where all horses had a figure have been entered. The Selections 18th April are: 3.10 NEWMARKET Speciosa 4.30 EXETER Flotta 4.40 CHEPSTOW Bonny Gray 1pt treble, 3 x 3pts double, 3 x 5pts singles = 25pts staked. We'll start the profit / loss balance at zero again, due to a change in the ratings used.

Re: Trialling something.....

Right sorted now, using the RPR figures. All races class 4 or above, where all horses had a figure have been entered. The Selections 18th April are: 3.10 NEWMARKET Speciosa 1st 9/1 :clap 4.30 EXETER Flotta 2nd :( 4.40 CHEPSTOW Bonny Gray 4th :( 1pt treble, 3 x 3pts double, 3 x 5pts singles = 25pts staked. We'll start the profit / loss balance at zero again, due to a change in the ratings used.
50 pts returned. :ok

Re: Trialling something..... I would think using the racing post site ok and should be more consistant and the comp system I have can be used using any paper or a racing paper but needed the post for more accurate predictions. If you can hit 2 or 3 a week at 9/1 and others at lower prices you should be on a long time winner. I presume you are picking the best three every day and if kept to that format and keeping an eye on the other selections as well during your trial To see if it throws up any cosistant results. All the best with this as it's another way of selecting horses and if it picks plenty of winners all the better. Fleets selections today OUR VIC 3.30C SOAPY DANGER 4.30B CHIARO 5.45C 3 X 5 PTS SINGLES. 3 X 3 PTS DOUBLES AND 1PT TREBLE

Current +/-: +25pts. Wednesday 19th April: 3.30 CHELTENHAM Our Vic 1st 5/2 :clap 4.30 BEVERLEY Soapy Danger 1st 4/5 :clap 5.45 CHELTENHAM Chiaro 1st 8/11 :clap 1pt treble, 3 x 3pts double, 3 x 5pts singles = 25pts staked.
A full house! :clap :clap :clap 92.38pts returned. :ok Current =/-: +92.38pts

Re: Trialling something..... Cheers fellas. The software did actually predict a 4th winner yesterday - Here we go at 11/4. The reason why I highlight this is that all 4 winners were all horses that ran 42 days or less since their last time out. The other 5 races it predict in were all losers and those selections had all been more than 42 days since their last run. Now is this something that should be noted or just sheer coincidence?

Re: Trialling something..... Comparing Tuesday's results that trend wasn't the case. Anyway, selections for Thursday 20th April: Current +/-: +92.38pts 2.55 CHELTENHAM Taranis 3.20 RIPON Blue Monday 3.45 NEWMARKET Don't Dili Dali 1pt treble, 3 x 3pts double, 3 x 5pts singles = 25pts staked.

Cheers fellas. The software did actually predict a 4th winner yesterday - Here we go at 11/4. The reason why I highlight this is that all 4 winners were all horses that ran 42 days or less since their last time out. The other 5 races it predict in were all losers and those selections had all been more than 42 days since their last run. Now is this something that should be noted or just sheer coincidence?
Excellent going mate, i'm going to follow this thread closely from now on. As regards to what you said above it seems more than a coincedence to me. Nice one:ok

Re: Trialling something..... OK.... let's look at all the selections - sub 42 days LTO are in bold: Newmarket: 2.35 Blushing Thief 3.10 Sir Xaar 3.45 Don't Dili Dali 4.20 Bouboulina 4.55 Royal Reservation Cheltenham: 2.20 Pirate Flagship 2.55 Taranis 3.30 Penneyrose Bay 4.05 Bonus Bridge Ripon: 2.45 Pauvic 3.20 Blue Monday 3.55 Jadd / Kinsya (made these two joint top)

Re: Trialling something..... How did you arrive at the 3 selections for today. Did the software put them in order, so the first 3 are picked ? I've just backed your 3 picks at the moment but it will be interesting to see how the others get on and to see if the, run within 42 days rule has any relavence.

Re: Trialling something..... Blue Monday just pipped and i heard don't dili dali making a run at the end only to have it taken away again by the favourites. Unlucky mate. Typical first time i followed this and it makes a loss. Hope i didn't curse it. Never mind, i'm sure we'll get it back tomorrow. I just wish i'd starting following yesterday. I really love this system. Nice one:ok

Re: Trialling something..... Hiya Fleet, I see your into Horses as well as Football Accumulators. Well done on your results so far. Unlucky with Blue Monday as 2nd place said it was bloody close. Still 80% success on the last 5 predictions is bloody good going. I will now have to keep an eye on this on as well as your trebles thread. Dont worry i'm not stalking you :D , just following a few threads from the fantastic punters lounge:notworthy I had Taranis and blue Monday on an e/w double :nana Good Luck with your final one of the day :hope