Rugby League: Super League - Round 9

Hello again folks, below are this weeks Super League handicaps, taken from betdirect. You will notice all are home favs..... Leeds Rhinos vs <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Bradford Bulls (+8)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

St Helens vs Wigan Warrirors (+34)

Warrington Wolves vs SalfordCity Reds (+6)

Harlequins RL vs Les Catalan Dragons (+6)

Wakefield Wildcats vs Castleford Tigers (+14)

Huddersfield Giants vs Hull FC (+4) All thoughts welcome :loon More to follow.....:ok

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 9 hmmmmm.....team news depending.....Early doors I am tempted by the Wildcats -10pts @ home vs the Tigers....Castleford are on a poor run of form (soundly beaten last week in France), and on paper Wakefield are a much stronger side. I know rugby betting doesnt work like that, but I feel the Wildcats can take the momentum from their win last week into this must win game.....any other thoughts....?

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 9 St Helens -28pts, this will surely get backed in tonight....? I dont like such big handicaps though (Saints failed to cover a similar one last week against Quins), but Wigan are in a clear crisis......they are like a wounded animal....one club that would love to stick the knife in are Saints....still debating this one...

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 9

Salford also not without a chance to beat the cap of +8 pts against the opposition recovering from a physical match full of knocks against the Bulls;)
Absolutely Tulenos :ok You only have to cast your mind back to Round 1 of Super League, where Salford pulled off the shock of the round beating Warrington 6 vs 24 at the Halliwell Jones Stadium (beating a handicap of +14pts that day). Warrington are very hot 'n' cold (especially at home), and could struggle to cover the 8pts against one of the most consistent teams this year in Super League. Good luck mate & good to see your views on here Tulenos :ok

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 9 Here it is: http://www.sportinglife.com/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=rleague/06/04/12/manual_173843.html Apparently Wakefield were impressive against Wigan last week (snigger:lol) and playing Brad Davis smacks of desperation:rollincoming from a man who signed an NL2 player on loan who will only play in 2 matches because of his religous beliefs:rollin:rollin:rollin Vell done agent Millwardovski, finally ze pies will pay for zer crimes!!

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 9 :loon you just beat me to it Paul (posting Millwards previews) I agree with him on two points... Wakefield to beat Castleford -10pts (already backed it) Les Catalans will find this easter period tougher than most (Country hopping & inexperience...will be interesting to watch the hcaps on them)

Here it is: http://www.sportinglife.com/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=rleague/06/04/12/manual_173843.html Apparently Wakefield were impressive against Wigan last week (snigger:lol) and playing Brad Davis smacks of desperation:rollincoming from a man who signed an NL2 player on loan who will only play in 2 matches because of his religous beliefs:rollin:rollin:rollin Vell done agent Millwardovski, finally ze pies will pay for zer crimes!!
Mate.... the fella from Workington has apprantly already been released after a shocking debut for their Under 21 side :clap:clap With Kear and now Millward out of a job, they are going to be on sky every week now :wall

Mate.... the fella from Workington has apprantly already been released after a shocking debut for their Under 21 side :clap:clap With Kear and now Millward out of a job, they are going to be on sky every week now :wall
Talk on the wakefield forums of one of them getting the (not vacant at the minute) wakey job. Hope not.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 9 Seems a strange move by the Bulls to let the pieheads speak to Noble. Maybe they're not too impressed by the way Noble's side have played of late. Could be a get out of jail clause for the Bulls - saving them from sacking Noble themselves. If he does go then who the fcuk do the Bulls put in charge? Millward!?

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 9 Apparently they let him speak to them because they have a 'ready made' replacement in McNamara. It would be a very high risk move for all 3 parties (Bulls, Nobby and McNamara) if this actually happens. Regarding Kear/Millward for wakey I really don't see what either would bring to the club. Kear is supposedly a great man-manager which might be useful but IMO the money he would cost would be better spent elsewhere.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 9 Leeds Rhinos vs Bradford Bulls (+8/10pts)

_41543382_leeds_brad_06.gif

There is arguably no greater rivalry in Rugby League than Leeds & Bradford, and Im expecting a great clash between these two Yorkshire giants tonight.

Leeds will definitely miss the presence of key players such as Sinfield, Diskin and Smith……but are lucky to have the likes of Jamie Peacock stepping up as captain against his former club.

This game could go either way, I will stick my neck out and say Leeds will just egde it, but would be very surprised if it’s by more than 10pts.

No bet for me, my best recommendation is just to sit back and enjoy this heavyweight battle.

Leeds: Mathers, Donald, Walker, Senior, McGuire, Burrow, Bailey, Peacock, Lauitiiti, Ellis, Millard, Poching, Jones-Buchanan, Feather, Scruton, Kirke, Williams, Gibson.

Bradford: Hape, Deacon, Vagana, Fielden, I. Harris, B. Harris, Watene, Lynch, Bai, Gene, Pryce, Ferres, Vainikolo, Henderson, Langley, McKenna, Withers, St Hilaire.

Recommendation: No Bet

(Prediction – Leeds by 2pts)

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 9 Just a bit of weather info for you if you are thinking about covering the over on the points spread, I live about 5 mins away from Headingley and the wind is really blowing hard, so expect to see a lot of goals missed, which could add up to a few points come full time.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 9 Never seen this market before (available at Paddy Power): 'will the first try be converted' Leeds v Bradford Yes 2/7 No 9/4 Worth a couple of quid taking into account the above info. With my luck the first one will be taken from bang in front of the sticks.