Rugby League: Super League - Round 9

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 9

It is a very good game. Atmosphere seems a bit queit at the moment though?
True mate....still, they managed to cram 17+ thousand fans into three sides of the ground.... Good luck with your bets sandbag :hope

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 9 Just got back in from a meal with the wife, Managed to get a couple of quid on The tie -10 @ 14/1 in running was 0 - 6 at time. Could be ok if Leeds don't get up too much of a ahead of steam.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 9 Full time score....

leedsrhinos.gifLeeds1820Bradfordbradfordbulls.gif
Robert Burrow Gareth Ellis Richard Mathers TRIESBrett Ferres Stanley Gene Marcus Bai Iestyn Harris
Robert Burrow 3 GOALSPaul Deacon 2
DROPS
What a great game of rugby league, Brett Ferres with a winning try for the bulls in the 79th Min.... Well done on your bets Sandbag, I never fancied Leeds -8/10pts in this one...

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 9 Wakefield Wildcats vs Castleford Tigers (+10/14pts) _41543526_wakefield_castle_06.gif Another home fixture here for the Wildcats, one which I fully expect them to exploit the Tigers' recent bad run of form......with the likes of Rooney and Solomona in good form (they have put in some strong performances at home this season but have suffered narrow defeats by stronger opposition) I see Wakefield them covering the 10pts ask of them here. Boosted by their 40-14 win over Wigan last week, the Wildcats have a near fully fit squad....momentum must surely be with them for this one.... Castleford were thumped 51-14 by Les Catalans last week and will want to avoid three straight defeats tomorrow night....however if country hopping from the South of France wasnt tough enough preparation, they have been hampered with injuries, consequently forcing to call 38 year old Brad Davis out of retirement to replace Andy Kain....The Tigers are also without full-back Platt and props Huby & Sculthorpe. The signing of Union player Paul Franze is also a big risk....dont you think? I am a big fan of Wakefield, but have been wrong about them already this season...gut feelings tell me tomorrow will be their night :hope Wakefield: Halpenny, Demetriou, Tadulala, Jeffries, Obst , Griffin, March, Korkidas, Solomona, J. Field, Betham, White, Rooney, MacGillivray, Elima, Buchanan, Catic, Atkins. Castleford: Pryce, Shenton, Dyer, Handforth, Henderson, Nutley, Haughey, Roarty, Bird, Whitaker, Fletcher, Viane, Fa'aoso, Manu, McGoldrick, Ward, Davis, Franze. Recommendation: Wakefield -10pts @ bluesquare (2pts) (Prediction - Wakefield win by 18pts) (Scale - 1-5pts)

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 9 Apologies in advance guys, I may not get the time to preview the four other games tomorrow....because of work & easter etc.... Will do my best though.....:ok Great to see these Rugby League threads growing in popularity...:clap

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 9 Harlequins RL vs Les Catalans Dragons (+4/8pts) _41543404_harle_catalans_06.gif Will tonight be the night that Harlequins record their first Super League victory at the Stoop....I personally think yes....... Harlequins have had a very tough time of late, hampered with injuries and poor league form. However their performance last week against league leaders Saints was very encouraging (narrowly losing 16-6), furthermore they welcome back the trio of Rob Purdham, Zeb Luisi and Chad Randall. Les Catalans have improved over recent weeks but will be with key players tonight (Chan, Hindmarsh & Bosc)...forcing Mike Potter to hand debuts to the french duo of Sebastien Martins and Remi Casty....it will surely take a few weeks for these guys to settle to the pace of Super League.... All signs point to a home win for me, but these two are Jekyll & Hyde at times...so no bet for me. Harlequins: Bradley-Qalilawa, Budworth, Clubb, Dorn, Gafa, Heckenberg, Hopkins, Leuluai, Lucky Luisi, McCarthy-Scarsbrook, McLinden, Mbu, Mills, Purdham, Randall, Sheriffe, Smith, Tookey, Weisner, Williams. Catalans Dragons: Beattie, Berthezene, Casty, Chan, Cologni, Dobson, Fakir, Fellous, Guigue, Guisset, Hughes, Jampy, Martins, Mounis, Murphy, Rinaldi, Rudder, Touxagas, Verges, Wilson. Recommendation: No bet (Prediction - Harlequins by 12pts)

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 9 Good result last night for the Saints, now for Wigan. I'm not expecting it to be a cakewalk as many think and suggest. Wigan with a 32 point start with skybet is a tough one to beat but if the Saints start well then it can be achieved but i'll be happy so long as it's a 1pt victory.

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 9 St Helens vs Wigan Warriors (+28/32pts) _41543494_st_helens_wigan_06.gif Saints faced a similar handicap last week against Harlequins and failed to cover...winning the game by 10pts in the end....today I think they will win by more, but maybe not by 30+pts....however Saints, as we know are capable of doing this. On the flip side, Wigan are in real crisis (sacking of millward, bottom of league & injuries etc).......a defeat today and a win for Wakefield and Harlequins would leave them several points adrift at the foot of Super League. Wigan will be playing for pride today, but pride can be outclassed by sheer class, and Saints have class in an abundance....Saints win for my, but maybe by a winning margin of around 20pts. No bet for me. St Helens: Wellens, Gardner, Lyon, Talau, Pryce, Long, Cunningham, Cayless, Wilkin, Sculthorpe, Roby, Bennett, Hooper, P Anderson, V Anderson, Graham, Hardman, Fa'asavalu Wigan: Ashton, Brown, Dallas, Godwin, Goulding, Hargreaves, Higham, James, Jonkers, Moran, O'Carroll, O'Loughlin, Orr, Richards, Seuseu, Tomkins, Wilkes, Vaealiki Recommendation: No Bet (Prediction - Saints win by 22pts)

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 9 Warrington Wolves vs Salford City Reds (+6/8pts) _41543556_warrington_salford_06.gif Tricky one to call this.....Salford have proved alot of people wrong this season (including me) and deserve their third spot in the table. In Round 1, Salford had a handicap of +14pts and ended up running out 26-6 winners....the game will be much closer today and the handicaps reflect this. I am going to test out a little theory on Warrington.... When they are given a (+) handicap they seem to be able to stay within touching distance of it (Bradford, Hull, Wigan, St Helens)....and on the flip side when they are given a (-) handicap they generally fail to cover it (Salford, Wakefield, Les Catalans). On this untested basis I say take Salford with the start....but by no means a bet for me. Warrington: Grose, Fa'afili, M. Gleeson, Kohe-Love, Reardon, Briers, Sullivan, Leikvoll, Clarke, Swann, Wainwright, Noone, M. Gleeson, Westwood, Wood, Parker, Rauhihi, Bridge. Salford: Fitzpatrick, Hodgson, McGuinness, Moule, Dunemann, Robinson, Coley, Alker, Finnigan, Sibbit, Charles, Highton, Wilshere, Haggerty, Littler, Myler, Brocklehurst, Clayton. Recommendation: No bet Prediction - Warrington by 4pts

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 9 Huddersfield Giants vs Hull FC (Scr/+4pts) _41543434_hudd_hull_06.gif Havent really studied this game in all fairness (my previews today are completely off the cuff btw)......Huddersfield were well beaten last week against Salford (36-18), maybe they are missing the presence of Albert Torrens? Hull will be looking to get their season back on track and avoid taking a similar route as Wigan down the table. They have recalled Australian winger Nathan Blacklock in place of Gareth Raynor, who has a hamstring injury. That is the only change to the side that lost to Leeds last week, with Motu Tony continuing at full-back in place of the sidelined Shaun Briscoe. There isnt much between the sides, but I think Hull's spirited performance last week against Leeds may lift them somewhat, so +4pts would be my pick....however my money is on Wakey today so no bet in this one also. Huddersfield: Reilly, Aspinwall, Evans, Donlan, Thorman, Paul, Crabtree, Drew, Nero, Wild, Jones, Jackson, March, Smith, McDonald, Grayshon, Raleigh, Gardner. Hull: Blacklock, Yeaman, Domic, Whiting, R. Horne, Dowes, Swain, Carvell, Radford, Cooke, Tony, Chester, Lupton, Brough, Thackray, Dixon, Wheeldon, Hill. Recommendation: No bet (Prediction - Hull by 8pts)

Brilliant write up's as usual Rugbylad
Cheers mate, :ok They are a bit vague and off the-cuff-today, dont really fancy anything except Wakefield..... However, I was tempted to back Quins -4pts @ ladbrokes but it was backed in to 1.66 while I was posting by preview on the game. :wall

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 9 I wouldnt read too much into Saints failure to pile on the points against Quins. Quins away form has been top notch bar the Giants hick up but their squad was down to the bare bones for that one. The quins always put on a show at Knowsley road. They played out a 28-28 draw last season. I fully expect Saints to put Wigan to the sword today. Ive seen them do it before in the Challenge cup last season. It can be done. Thats why im on Saints-24.5/Wakefield-6.5 Betfair 2.08. Wildcats with all their Big boys back should be more than capable of beating sorry Cas.

I wouldnt read too much into Saints failure to pile on the points against Quins. Quins away form has been top notch bar the Giants hick up but their squad was down to the bare bones for that one. The quins always put on a show at Knowsley road. They played out a 28-28 draw last season. I fully expect Saints to put Wigan to the sword today. Ive seen them do it before in the Challenge cup last season. It can be done. Thats why im on Saints-24.5/Wakefield-6.5 Betfair 2.08. Wildcats with all their Big boys back should be more than capable of beating sorry Cas.
Good luck Henry :hope Good points about Saints, no team would love to compound Wigan's misery more than Saints, and they are more than capable of covering this hcap....I do however have a stronger feeling about Wakefield today and probably Harlequins. Its always good to read your thoughts on here :ok

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 9 Rugbylad i'd be wary of Quins at home Theyve not won their yet this season and the Catalans have looked alot more solid of late under the new coach. On the flipside they always looked vulnerable in defence and with the loss of experienced hands Hindmarsh and Chan, theres certainly going to be some points on the board. I hope most of them are Quins mate.:ok