• War of Attrition
    • L'Ami
    • Forget the Past
    • Kingscliffe
    • Celestial Gold
    • Iris's Gift
    • Cornish Rebel
    • Other (Please state in thread)

Re: Gold Cup! I'd like to see Celestial Gold land the spoils for Pipe & Johnson but I can't see it happening following such a long lay off but if anyone can do it then Pipe can. The thing in his favour is the fact that so many good horses are missing and its a fairly open race. I'll be on Forget the Past.

Re: Gold Cup!

a mate's boss is Monkerhostin's owner and says they've been training him for this
Thats all very well but 2/3's of the field will have been trained for this race as well! I agree Monkerhostin is one with a good chance though.

Re: Gold Cup! Just had a scan through the odds at betfair and noticed Celestial Gold has drifted to 20.0 :eek I'm sure it was 9.8 last night? Anyone know why that is? Maybe because of the Pipe stables poor form at the moment..... :unsure I wouldnt have backed CG after a year long lay off but i cant resist that 20.0 and have had a coupel of quid.

Re: Gold Cup! OK - leaving this now I have Cornish Rebel win 5pts @ 19.5 Cornish Rebel place 5ts @ 5.9 Celestial Gold win 1pt @ 20.0 Kingscliffe 5pts win @ 15.0 Kingscliffe 5pts place @ 5.8 That'll do. Kingscliffe is a cautious bet in the hope that excuses offered for his last 2 runs are genuine. If it wasnt for these last 2 runs i believe he would be favourite. Last time out he hated the heavy going. Once he encountered the better going on the home straight he absolutely flew to take 2nd. The time before, the trainer says he injured a leg. Hmm, we'll see... My prediction for 1-2-3 is 1. Cornish Rebel 2. Kingscliffe 3. Monkerhostin Good luck all :ok

Re: Gold Cup! monkerhostin may place but has ran too many times - 6 in a season which doesn't go with the trends, last 10 winners had between 2-5 runs with 8/10 having 2-4 runs! Cornish Rebel all the way for me with an ew on Lord of Illusion at his fav track. Course form rules here.

Re: Gold Cup! stats rule again, 2nd season chaser running between 2-5 times this season aged under 10!! that takes out most of the field without even trying, unfortunately, i took it a bit further & concentrated on those with 2-4 runs this season which narrowed that down to 3. The poll showed 40% in favour of the winner, thats a great result:clap