Friday Festival Bets

Re: Friday Festival Bets Interesting to see that Spotlight in Racing Post has chosen Forget The Past. It's not without a chance. I'm thinking about taking Lord Of Illusion each way. It shouldn't be good enough for Grade 1 but I don't think Beef Or Salmon will win. A very open race that I originally fancied Monkerhostin for, not so sure though now. A puzzle of a race.

Re: Friday Festival Bets Been an awful meeting for me! Hopefully can pick it up tomorrow... All to place 14:00 - Kasbah Bliss 14:35 - Oscar Park 15:15 - War of Attrition and Royal Auclair 16:00 - Foly Pleasant 16:40 - Bleu Superbe 17:20 - Noble Request and Pirate Flagship :hope

Re: Friday Festival Bets Going to try to go out with a bang but more likely to continue as a whimper: 14:00 - Turko / Blazing Bailey / Overlut 14.35 - Powerstation / Oscar Park / Travino / It's A Dream 15:15 - War of Attrition / Forget The Past / Cornish Rebel 16:00 - Drombeag / Joe Blake / Bedtime Boys / Raregem 16:40 - Andreas / Madison Du Berlais / Zum See 17:20 - Studmaster / Khetaam / Hawadeth 20 x 5pts each-way. It's been 'fun' losing.

Re: Friday Festival Bets Shit or Bust. 2.00- Afsoun.

Nicky Henderson has won the Triumph Hurdle 3 times — First Bout (1985) Alone Success (1987) and Katarino (1999) and Afsoun has excellent prospects of adding to the impressive tally. His latest success at Huntingdon was against weak opposition but at least it showed that he as is effective on fast ground as he was with a bit of cut at Cheltenham in December when beating Turko. Afsoun has beaten no superstars yet but has ably demonstrated that his speed and accurate jumping will stand him in good stead
2.35-BJK
Also entered in the Royal and SunAlliance Hurdle. Black Jack Ketchum is held in very high regard by his jockey AP McCoy who rode him to win the 3 mile Grade 2 Novices’ Hurdle at Cheltenham in December when conceding 7 lbs to Gungadu beating him by 2 lengths. McCoy who was riding with a painful facial injury said afterwards, ‘my face could have been broken to bits and I would have come out to ride this lad — I love this little horse.’ There is little doubt that the three miles would suit Black Jack Ketchum — he showed no signs of tiring over 2¾ miles at Uttoxeter. We should take heed of the champion jockey’s enthusiasm.
3.15-Monkerhostein
Monkerhostin has enjoyed a remarkable season so far. His campaign started in the Haldon Gold Cup at Exeter when he beat Kauto Star and Ashley Brook over 2 miles l½ furlongs but it was hardly a Gold Cup trial. However, in the King George at Sandown he has shown he can mix it with the best after going down by a neck to Kicking King. He clearly goes well at Cheltenham after finishing placed in the last two runnings of the Paddy Power Gold Cup. In a very open race Monkerhostin is a serious contender.
and Cornish Rebel. 4.00-Foly Plesant
A very decent horse when trained by Henrietta Knight he has enjoyed a very good season for Karen Waldron. The mount of Britain’s leading amateur Richard Burton he impressed many with his win last outing at Warwick in February over the extended three miles he jumped very well in that six runner affair winning unextended with no Sleeping Knight in the field this Year he may well improve on last seasons second placing and is Britain’s best chance of keeping this prize at home.
4.40-Andreas
Rated by Paul Nicholls as one of his best prospects of a 2006 Festival winner, Andreas needs good ground to be seen at his best. He won with any amount in hand over 2 miles at Cheltenham in April and looked a top prospect. He showed recently at Ludlow ( won easily)that a wind operation has probably shown why he tended to falter in the closing stages of some of his subsequent starts. Good ground = mammoth chance.
and Ground Ball
Runner-up to St Pirran in this event two years ago, Ground Ball was again well-fancied for the 2005 renewal, and had just taken the lead when a bad blunder at the final ditch resulted in a parting of the ways between himself and David Casey. A 7lb higher mark will make life much more difficult this time around, but on the plus side he has proven himself over course and distance, and indicated he was ready to peak again when running a blinder over hurdles against Macs Joy and Asian Maze at Gowran Park.
5.20-Desert Quest
Desert Quest could not have been more impressive than when winning at Newbury earlier this month. Always travelling well he cruised to the front at the final flight to beat his stable companion Pirate Flagship by 1 ¾ lengths. It is easy to get carried away with the Newbury run but Desert Quest won a couple of times in December before a slightly below-par effort at Windsor just before Christmas. Given a break since he has obviously thrived.
and PirateFlagship/Grandjett

Re: Friday Festival Bets Todays bets 2.00 Afsoun 10pts win @ 11/2 P Power 2.35 Black jack Ketchum 10pts win @ SP 2.35 Dream Alliance 5pts ew @ 14/1 Sporting odds 3.15 Cornish rebel 5pts ew @ 20/1 Skybet 3.15 Lord of Illusion 5pts ew @ 40/1 P Power 4.40 Tiger Cry 10pts win @ 8/1 Sporting odds 4.40 Sharp rigging 5pts ew @ 12/1 Lads 5.20 Noble Request 5pts ew @ 33/1 Sporting odds 5.20 Borora 5pts ew @ 66/1 Betdriect 5.20 Buck Whalley 5pts ew @ 22/1 Stan James

Re: Friday Festival Bets I Haven't put any selections up all week after a good first day which i think everyone had have had a complete nighmare hopefully posting a few might change my luck :hope :hope :hope :hope :nana :nana :nana Cheltenham 2:00 Mister Hight although willie mullins horses have disappointed this horse was good on the flat and on the drying ground hope it has the necessary spped and stamina to come up that hill. :hope Cheltenham 4:40 Tiger Cry has form round the course which i think is a big plus at cheltenham and racing off a decent mark EW first 4 places think it should be in the shake up. :hope Cheltenham 2:35 Black Jack Ketchum not a very original choice but after all the short price defeats surely one of the Favs must go in. Again has course form and with the maestro in the saddle hoping he will be staying on best of all up the hill :hope

Re: Friday Festival Bets Let's hope for a flying finish after a rather slow start...... 2.00 First Row (2pts e/w) 2.35 Dream Alliance (10pts e/w) 3.15 Forget the Past (5pts e/w) 4.00 Bother Na (2pts e/w) 4.40 Bambi de L'Orme (2pts e/w) 5.20 Acambo (2pts e/w) Total Stake today - 46 pts Probable returns - 0

Re: Friday Festival Bets

SportHorse Racing
Event4.00 CHELTENHAM
SelectionHARBOUR PILOT
Strength8/10
Date17/03/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 4.00 (Back)
ReasoningThis horse been placed in 2 Gold Cups (same distance and going) and now competes in a Hunter Chase. At his peak had an official rating of 166 even if 30 points lower now that would be good enough. Finished second in first race back in a Hunter Chase (the third was place here yesterday) without blinkers, today they are back, because today is the day!!!. In addition with the best jockey on his back must have a serious chance. Come on Nina!!!

Going to try to go out with a bang but more likely to continue as a whimper: 14:00 - Turko / Blazing Bailey 3rd 14/1 :clap / Overlut - returned 22.5 pts 14.35 - Powerstation 2nd 9/1 :clap / Oscar Park / Travino 3rd 6/1 :clap / It's A Dream - returned 28.75pts 15:15 - War of Attrition 1st 15/2 :clap :clap / Forget The Past 3rd 9/1 :clap / Cornish Rebel - returned 73.12pts 16:00 - Drombeag / Joe Blake 3rd 14/1 :clap / Bedtime Boys / Raregem returned 22.5 pts 16:40 - Andreas / Madison Du Berlais 3rd 11/1 :clap / Zum See returned 18.75 pts 17:20 - Studmaster / Khetaam / Hawadeth 20 x 5pts each-way. It's been 'fun' losing.
.....just over 165pts returned, for a loss.

Re: Friday Festival Bets well im sorry to afterevent but i lumped on this get me out of the shit.

5.20-Desert Quest Quote:
Desert Quest could not have been more impressive than when winning at Newbury earlier this month. Always travelling well he cruised to the front at the final flight to beat his stable companion Pirate Flagship by 1 ¾ lengths. It is easy to get carried away with the Newbury run but Desert Quest won a couple of times in December before a slightly below-par effort at Windsor just before Christmas. Given a break since he has obviously thrived.
and
and its did;nana Im off back to the pub now for 2nds:lol:beer. what a cracking cheltenham and what a cracking time Ive had on here over the last 4 days. top notch and top lads and top forum:beer.

Been an awful meeting for me! Hopefully can pick it up tomorrow... All to place 14:00 - Kasbah Bliss 14:35 - Oscar Park 15:15 - War of Attrition and Royal Auclair 16:00 - Foly Pleasant 16:40 - Bleu Superbe 17:20 - Noble Request and Pirate Flagship :hope
War of Attrition and Noble Request almost made up for the whole meeting But still a fairly bad one

Re: Friday Festival Bets well done to those guys who tipped up War of Attrition & Desert quest, i myself was shouting on Noble Request at 33's jumoing the last but it wasnt to be. As Carl has said, a thoroughly enjoyable 4 days, it's hard to make money, i finished about even on my bets during the week so i can't complain. Now, when's the flat start!

Re: Friday Festival Bets 7 bets for me at the Festival. Losing week thanks to some bad staking!!! Accordian Etoile unplaced Macs Joy 2nd 7/1 Good Steps unplaced Nicanor won 7/1 place only Moscow Flyer unplaced Golden Croos 2nd 6/1 Harbour Pilot unplaced (very disappointed with that)