Manager Leaving Syndrome

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Manager Leaving Syndrome good start mate - I remember reading a study that showed that the firs match and the first home matches of a new manager (not sure about caretaker) were of signfiicance - if I've still got it somewhere I'll post it here when I can mate. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Manager Leaving Syndrome davemphill - chester play their first home game tonight under thier 'new' manager against bottom placed torquay whose last 11 games reads w2 d3 l6. Away they have lost 12 from 18 games. Before their current run of 12 defeats in 13 games Chester were looking like an average-decent team. Chester are a whopping 2.16 with betfair at the moment (compared to under evens elsewhere). Dunno if this'll qualify for your system but I'm on chester tonight :hope

Re: Manager Leaving Syndrome Research at 2 Universities plus work by Kevin Pullen shows it makes no difference statistically. In actual fact it may be better to back the opposition on the exchanges if there is an over reaction.

Re: Manager Leaving Syndrome

Well Chester screwed up as usual! I only back in the next game be it home or away just to see how things go. Cheers Ali.
probably for the best :@ doesnt bode well for chester tho, struggling to beat a 10 man bottom of the table side - qquicker the season finishes the better fow chester methinks.

Re: Manager Leaving Syndrome is there any stats on the returns/results for either draw no bet or lay the opposition rather than betting on the victory - games like brechin v st mirren seem to me to be the games where losses/reduction in profits occur. I can see a draw a possibility in this game but the win for brechin just seems a bit unlikely. also what is the comparison between the manager leaving stats v a new managers first game (appreciated that this will have some matches overlapping)

Re: Manager Leaving Syndrome Last week 3 managers were sacked in French ligue 2 and none of the teams won their first match with their new managers in charge Brest drew 2-2 Sete lost 0-1 (Although they are the equivelant to Sunderland) Amiens lost tonight 1-2 so it seems new managers have no impact in france :(