African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Nigeria should be able to easily defeat Zimbabwe on friday. Nigeria were the better side against a well organized Ghana. Ghana made it to the WC by only conceding four goals in ten qualifiers, and they are much better than Angola or Togo (keep them in mind for the WC). Nigeria played Zimbabwe in the WC qualifiers and defeated them 3-0 in Zimbabwe and 5-1 at home. Nothing has changed since then, Nigeria might even be more motivated now. Senegal should have scored at least five goals against Zimbabwe and had one goal wrongfully dissallowed. Throughballs were very effective for Senegal, Zimbabwe defended pretty high and if they do that against Nigeria then Martins and Agahowa will slice them to shreds. Even if Zimbabwe put ten men behind the ball I don´t think they will be able to keep Nigeria from scoring. I think we will see a repeat of the scorlines in the qualifiers, so my bet is: -1,5 Nigeria 1.93 (10bet)

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets

Nigeria should be able to easily defeat Zimbabwe on friday. Nigeria were the better side against a well organized Ghana. Ghana made it to the WC by only conceding four goals in ten qualifiers, and they are much better than Angola or Togo (keep them in mind for the WC). Nigeria played Zimbabwe in the WC qualifiers and defeated them 3-0 in Zimbabwe and 5-1 at home. Nothing has changed since then, Nigeria might even be more motivated now. Senegal should have scored at least five goals against Zimbabwe and had one goal wrongfully dissallowed. Throughballs were very effective for Senegal, Zimbabwe defended pretty high and if they do that against Nigeria then Martins and Agahowa will slice them to shreds. Even if Zimbabwe put ten men behind the ball I don´t think they will be able to keep Nigeria from scoring. I think we will see a repeat of the scorlines in the qualifiers, so my bet is: -1,5 Nigeria 1.93 (10bet)
Can't agree more - 1.34 (Betdaq) for an outright win looks like buying money, HT/HT is available @ 1.72 (which is where my money will be going) and the over (both recent H2hs were overs) is available @ 1.88 which ain't too bad, but ANC is a competition in which it's better to back unders or not bet on overs too heavily (quality of pitches yet again this year?;))

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Guinea v Zambia Guinea disposed of a fancied South African side while Zambia were pure rubbish against Tunisia and only scored thanks to a monumental Cock up by the Tunisian keeper. Tunisia were capable of scoring more than the four they did. As mentioned before many of the Zambians play in S.Africa or Zimbabwe and really are not in the same league. I fancied Guinea against SA but simply did not put my money in the right place. Im fairly confident that this will be a rout in favour of the Guineaians (if thats right) and that similarily the goals will flow too. As also mentioned before, many of the Guinea team play in France and are not a bad team collectively but lack a big name player, however this does not deter me from putting my faith in them to romp home with plenty to spare. The Zambians should be boarding the plane home shortly 5 or more goals @ 9.66 betfair Guinea/Guinea HT/FT @ 3.7 betfair

As per the rules of tipsters competition I'm re-posting my tips in the forums. I hope this is the right way to do it. If not, please correct the situation and inform me by PM, administrators :-) TY Tip Detail
SportFootball (Internationals)
SelectionNigeria Top Group D (Each-Way)
Date2006-01-31
EventACN Grop 4
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 1.85 (Back)
ReasoningThis an excellent price and I would like to take advantage of it before it drops after the games of tomorro. Nigeria have already won the 1st spot when they beat Ghana, as i believe Ghana will qualify with them, based on quality of tachtical commitment and strength of coaching, not the quality of players. (I believe Nigeria, Ghana & Senegal all have quality players, but it's the tachtical commitment that brings the formers a step over the latter). Before ACN kicked off, to place a bet on Cameroon & Tunisia when they had value. (Cameroon never did. They were clear favourites all the way ;-) Good Luck

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets I believe somebody was asking about Guinea X Zambia, and I strongly recomment to take Guinea to win. Here's the official tip: P.S. If you need tipster proofing, please PM me. I don't want to advertise on the public forum(s) without prior permisiion by admins or moderators.

Tip Detail
SelectionGuinea (-1/2 A.H.) (Asian Handicap)
Date2006-01-26
EventZambia X Guinea
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 2.00 (Back)
Reasoning

Logically this should be a winner for Guinea and by more than 1. That's if they're hoping to top the group and hence avoid playing Nigeria in the quarter finals. Even if they have to play Nigeria, they still need to win here to seal their qualification for the next round regardless of the outcome of the unpredictable match vs. Tunisia. (They managed to beat Tunisia at home in the WCQ, but lost in Tunisia, and frankly Tunisia is a much more stronger team than Guinea at the moment, and should win in the direct encounter, but it's still a bit early to talk about that one). Guinea produced an expected win over South Africa in the 1st round, and with a fairly good display too, while Zambia appeared exactly as the team they are at the moment: a 3rd class team of the continent. Their's a lot of class to separate these two, as Guinea mostly consists of European based players, while Zambia has only African based players, even if they played out of the domestic league (South Africa mostly). I shouldn't be redundant, but I'm new to this site and many of you may not have read my analysis on Zambia elsewhere, so I quote: For Zambia, although only 6 of the 23 players list are from the domestic league, only 5 play outside the continent. Their most influential player would be Portsmouth's Collins Mbesuma, who has made only four Premier League appearances, all as a substitute! All I can say for now is that Guinea are the winners for me here, and I'll go for it. P.S. Actually my chosen bookmakers were initially 5Dimes, as their odds are 2.09, but I can't find them on our list here, so I go for eithe GameBookers or StanJames, both paying evens

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets I believe most of you have already put their money on this one, but just the same I need to post it on here :-)

Tip Detail
SelectionTunisia (-1 A.H.) (Asian Handicap)
Date2006-01-26
EventTunisia X South Africa
Bookmaker/Pricemultibet @ 2.05 (Back)
Reasoning

Either the bookmakers are still overestimating South Africa based on their history, or they're really underestimating the title holders here. Tunisia should win, no doubt about it. Maybe they think it won't be by more than one? I dooubt it. Why? Tunisia is about the only team omongst the big boys in africa that plays to score, not to entertain. They do not waste their efforts in un-needed skill demonstrations on the pitch. Now that Guinia's apparently their toughest contender for the group's #1 spot, I think they may want to win by 3 or at least 2 (Guinea won over S.A. by 2-0) to enter the game vs. Guinea with an edge. I suspect (but not too sure about it) that Guinea will win zambia by more than 2, and if that happens, be sure that Tunisia would still want to stay on top of Guinea when they both meet in the final round of the group. South Africa have only some good strikers. No quality in their defence and can't control the midfield. They're not what they used to be, and need to rebuild their team almost from scratch for the WC 2010 (they're hosts). Tunisian defence is "smug", which is -in the soccer world- a term used to discribe a tight and effectively pressing defence line that leaves no spaces for opposition to move and pass freely. They're also good on the air, and should not be too vulnerable for the Zuma-McCarthy duet. Their midfield is fairly solid, and should control the game pace as fits their needs best, and their strikers proved fatal against Zambia. South Africa maybe a tad better of Zambia in terms of skill & much more organized on the field too, but they've also lost the 1st game, and with Guinea winning (or even drawing at the worst case) just before this game, they will have no other alternative than to go all out attacking in search for a win, and that would really prove to be the WRONG tactic to use against Tunisia. I fear I've been writing quite a lengthy essay here, so to sum it all out, the only way -IMHO- that Tunisia should win by less than 2 is: If South Africa opts to defend ALL THE WAY, which is not gonna happen unless Zambia wins over Guinia, or if South Africa gives up on the title race already and play to maintain their pride no more. Bet on Tunisia to cover this handicap. It's a 70% probability to me that Tunisia's gonna score more than once, and more than 95% that they're gonna win the game (which at worst pays me back my initial stakes). Home win.

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets I think there's real value on Guinea to beat Zambia. While I haven't been able to watch any of these games, I've followed them all on the BBC's live text (hardly ideal, I know, but as good as an in-depth match report) and Guinea really impressed me against South Africa - to the point where I'm gonna put a decent punt on them winning the group. By the same token, South Africa seem to be a pretty poor side and if Tunisia don't beat them I'm gonna give up betting on football and try my luck on the horses.

I think there's real value on Guinea to beat Zambia. While I haven't been able to watch any of these games, I've followed them all on the BBC's live text (hardly ideal, I know, but as good as an in-depth match report) and Guinea really impressed me against South Africa - to the point where I'm gonna put a decent punt on them winning the group. By the same token, South Africa seem to be a pretty poor side and if Tunisia don't beat them I'm gonna give up betting on football and try my luck on the horses.
Small bet on Guinea for me aswell. They should do it aslong as both teams play like they did in their last matches..!! It should be Men against monkeys here hopefully..!!

I believe somebody was asking about Guinea X Zambia, and I strongly recomment to take Guinea to win. Here's the official tip: P.S. If you need tipster proofing, please PM me. I don't want to advertise on the public forum(s) without prior permisiion by admins or moderators.
YEh i'll PM you if I see some winning tips.!! Zambia are the better team here..

I think there's real value on Guinea to beat Zambia. While I haven't been able to watch any of these games, I've followed them all on the BBC's live text (hardly ideal, I know, but as good as an in-depth match report) and Guinea really impressed me against South Africa - to the point where I'm gonna put a decent punt on them winning the group. By the same token, South Africa seem to be a pretty poor side and if Tunisia don't beat them I'm gonna give up betting on football and try my luck on the horses.
Please reconsider, my friend. I don't believe Guinea can beat Tunisia in Cairo. They did it in Conacry (sp?) alright, but Cairo is like playing in Tunisia (well, 2nd best) so don't expect Guinea to win the group. Not unless Tunisia fails to beat S.A. and you already ruled that out

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Nigeria v Zimbabwe What should be yet another Mis-match here. Nigeria soundly beat Zimbabwe in the qualifiers for this (3-0 away and 5-1 at home) and the gulf in class should tell here. Zimbabwe's team is littered with players who play in S.Africa and their home country and are really no match for the Nigerians (Who's King was worth $897 million if I can remember the facts of an old e-mail!! :lol:lol ). There simply is too much of a gulf to believe that this will be anything but a walk-over. Martins, Aghahowa, Kanu, Okacha, Yobo and Mikel versus P.Ndlovu. Game, Set and Match even before Kick -off Nigeria (-2 goals) @ 3.4 with Paddy Power

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets This is my today's official tip on sports-punter. A bit risky, but really worth a shot, with a minimal stake. Good Luck.

Tip Detail
SelectionGhana win to nil + Nigeria win
Date2006-01-27
EventACN Group D day 2 games
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 6.83 (Back)
Reasoning:

First let me emphasise that on Ghana X Senegal there are no givens and no guarantees. Both teams are well capable of winning over eachother, and while Senegal had it easy vs. Zimbabwe, Ghana played a very good tachtical game vs. Nigeria and were only beaten in the 85th minute. The Ghanians enjoy a much more solid defence than Zimbabwe, so I don't expect Senegal to find their way to the net easily. However, it's clear that Ghana is missing Eissien, and I can't be too sure of them scoring either, eventhough the Senegali defense is somewhat shakey, and that was also proven vs, Zimbabwe whom dispite not being able to score even if they were alone on the pitch had a couple of chances, and one was strangely kicked over the bar as if the player was playing Rugby and not soccer. The head to head favours non of the two teams here, and the 3 losses of Ghana in Jan (vs. Togo & Tunisia friendlies and the last one vs. Nigeria in ACN) mean nothing, as many teams have again proved friendlies were meant to try out new tactics and formations, and not t be won all the way. Based on the last performances AND on my knowledge of thsoe two, I expect a 1X (Ghana win/draw) outcome, simply because Ghana are more disciplined tachtically, and are more solid in defence. It's also a must do for them as they can't afford to lose this one. On the other hand, I can't really exclude Senegal on a good day. They can really surprise many with a European style display if they wanted to. So, me best advice is to bet very small on Ghana, just for the fun of it and not aiming to win. Otherwise, stay away from this one. Based on the analysis above, you may want to place a minimal stake on Ghana to keep a clean sheet. Comparing Senegal to Nigeria I'd say Nigeria has a slightly better striking force, and they had trouble scoring vs. Ghana, so maybe Ghana can stop El-Hadji Diouf & friends from hitting their net this time? Of course it's still a 50-50 chance, but with odds of 5.25 it sure is worth a shot. As for me I'll even go a little bit further and bet on Ghana to win to nil. Maybe they can score gainst this defence and get away with the odd goal. As for Nigeria to win, it's a given and I really don't have to wxplain that Zimbabwe are about the worst team in theis tournament by far, with gaps all over their defence, and impotent striking force, and an overall disgraceful form that I would be staking my mortgage against laying them to win over any of the other 15 teams. Nigeria clearly are favourites with big names in the squad, far more better style of play, skills, ambition... etc. So I'm actually betting on Ghana to win AND keep a clean sheet, and the rest is free bonus ;-)

This is my today's official tip on sports-punter. A bit risky, but really worth a shot, with a minimal stake. Good Luck.
Tip Detail
SelectionGhana win to nil + Nigeria win
Date2006-01-27
EventACN Group D day 2 games
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 6.83 (Back)
Reasoning:

First let me emphasise that on Ghana X Senegal there are no givens and no guarantees. Both teams are well capable of winning over eachother, and while Senegal had it easy vs. Zimbabwe, Ghana played a very good tachtical game vs. Nigeria and were only beaten in the 85th minute. The Ghanians enjoy a much more solid defence than Zimbabwe, so I don't expect Senegal to find their way to the net easily. However, it's clear that Ghana is missing Eissien, and I can't be too sure of them scoring either, eventhough the Senegali defense is somewhat shakey, and that was also proven vs, Zimbabwe whom dispite not being able to score even if they were alone on the pitch had a couple of chances, and one was strangely kicked over the bar as if the player was playing Rugby and not soccer. The head to head favours non of the two teams here, and the 3 losses of Ghana in Jan (vs. Togo & Tunisia friendlies and the last one vs. Nigeria in ACN) mean nothing, as many teams have again proved friendlies were meant to try out new tactics and formations, and not t be won all the way. Based on the last performances AND on my knowledge of thsoe two, I expect a 1X (Ghana win/draw) outcome, simply because Ghana are more disciplined tachtically, and are more solid in defence. It's also a must do for them as they can't afford to lose this one. On the other hand, I can't really exclude Senegal on a good day. They can really surprise many with a European style display if they wanted to. So, me best advice is to bet very small on Ghana, just for the fun of it and not aiming to win. Otherwise, stay away from this one. Based on the analysis above, you may want to place a minimal stake on Ghana to keep a clean sheet. Comparing Senegal to Nigeria I'd say Nigeria has a slightly better striking force, and they had trouble scoring vs. Ghana, so maybe Ghana can stop El-Hadji Diouf & friends from hitting their net this time? Of course it's still a 50-50 chance, but with odds of 5.25 it sure is worth a shot. As for me I'll even go a little bit further and bet on Ghana to win to nil. Maybe they can score gainst this defence and get away with the odd goal. As for Nigeria to win, it's a given and I really don't have to wxplain that Zimbabwe are about the worst team in theis tournament by far, with gaps all over their defence, and impotent striking force, and an overall disgraceful form that I would be staking my mortgage against laying them to win over any of the other 15 teams. Nigeria clearly are favourites with big names in the squad, far more better style of play, skills, ambition... etc. So I'm actually betting on Ghana to win AND keep a clean sheet, and the rest is free bonus ;-)

Well done mate!! :nana :nana :nana