PR's Plays, Lays & Dish of the Day

Re: PR's Plays, Lays & Dish of the Day

SportHorse Racing
Event2.55 Wolves
SelectionSamson Quest to Place
Strength10/10
Date03/03/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.30 (Back)
ReasoningSamson Quest looks an excellent price @ 2.30 to grab a place here. In the his last 3 sellers at this grade he has finished 2nd 5th and 1st, the latter being his last run. Up 3 pounds for that but I doubt very much that will stop him. Looks sure to appreciated the extended mile here and I can put question marks over all the fancied runners. Has a decent draw and I simply cannot put him out of the top 3, let's hope I'm right.

• 2 weeks later...

SportHorse Racing
EventGold Cup
SelectionBeef or Salmon to Place
Strength10/10
Date17/03/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.45 (Back)
ReasoningThis is a superb price to grab 1st, 2nd or 3rd place! All I keep hering is BoS can't jump round Cheltenham and it's based on rubbish. Sure he pulled up and fell once, but he also finished 3 1/2 lengths off the mighty Best Mate. Another I hear is, the ground has gone against BoS - more rubbish. The ground on that very day was Good, as it is today and he has won on this ground. Michael Hourigan isn't the type of trainer to spout rubbish and if he says he had genuine excuses in those two bad runs, then I'm happy to go with it. BoS is the best horse in the race and will I be taking 3.40 for a place on the best horse - you're damn right I will.

Re: PR's Plays, Lays & Dish of the Day GL Paul, best horses dont always win races however the argument will go on until BoS wins outside Ireland. I am on Cornish Rebel (2nd season chasers always favoured in the Gold cup) & has course form. Pity about the jock buit beggars cant be choosers. GL today.

GL Paul, best horses dont always win races however the argument will go on until BoS wins outside Ireland. I am on Cornish Rebel (2nd season chasers always favoured in the Gold cup) & has course form. Pity about the jock buit beggars cant be choosers. GL today.
Fcuk the win mate, happy for it to come in legless in 3rd. :lol