Slapdash systems 2006

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 I might put a bet on both Tokyo Rose and Support Fund EW in the 3.10 Lingfield, Im looking for the betting companies who offer free bets to join, to raise their odds a bit more before the race, then I'l bet 25 and get a free 25 to put on the other horse in the same race heheheheh. Its gonna be one or the other that places, do you not think? Why do i keep getting offered deals from the betting companies i dont use as much anymore? LOL!... Im getting rewarded for not being a loyal customer!

Re: Slapdash systems 2006

HORSEBF PRICE PLACEBF WIN PRICEBOOKIES ODDSPOTENTIAL RETURN
SUALDA 1.50 W1.473.703.5096.53
POSSEXTOWN 2.20 W1.764.805.00106.53
DIAMOND DAN 4.50 W1.707.005.0075.63
BALTIC BELLE 3.10 L1.374.003.75106.07
These are the horses that have attracted my attention today and have had an intial small stakes E/W doubles on these because the ones below 100% I expect to end up over 100% at starting time. P.S Diamond Dan already back to 6 and I placed an order at 7:@

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Rabbit won, Secret Assassin and Starofthemorning were placed, and Diamond Dan lost, for a 203 point profit. Looks like other people had a decent day as well. Starting Bank: 1000 Current Bank: 3604.93 Total Staked: 7540 W/P/L: 53/122/202 Profit/Loss: +2604.93 (Win +882.66, Place +1722.27) Yield: +34.55%

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Hello all, especially Slapdash - highly inspirational to the fledgling punter. I have been taking a closer look at slapdash's selections from the start of 2006 and wanted to share some findings - simple that they are. I was wondering if slapdash - or anyone for that matter - had any idea why the selections perform so much better on a Friday - the yield is through the roof...... slapdash1.JPG This is a chart of culmulative profit for each of individual days.....my initial thoughts were that Friday had been an exceptional day and the scene of a number of winning selections which would yield large profit. Removing these does bring Friday closer to Monday in terms of profit........having removed the big wins from Friday would surely mean that I would have to do the same to Monday for fair comparison. This would once again put Friday out on its own. slapdash2.JPG What I would be interested in knowing is how the different systems, EW System and Large Handicap System, perform. Strength performs as expected - but I do wonder why slapdash offers his tips on Sports Punter @ 2,3,5 & 10. Yet in the punters lounge forum all selections are placed at 10units. I hope my post hasn't been too invasive or presumptious but my post is bourne out of genuine respect and interest. Cheers :cheers to slapdash, he's made me a few quid to date. Matt

Re: Slapdash systems 2006

That's purely due to the rules on Sports Punter plopplop
Exaclty, he normally uses level-stake strategy, but there is a cap on stakes related to prices of selections on S-P to make a bit more level ground for those backing big priced selections and those (mainly footy, basketball, etc. punters) who simply have no chance in hell to get to back such big priced selections.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Yes, the stakes on SP have no significance at all. I always stake the maximum there that I'm allowed to by the rules. The breakdown by day of the week is interesting, but I suspect it may be a bit random, to be honest. I'm betting on relatively high priced horses (average of 8/1 or so?), so the variance of the win part of the bets is very high. Last year I made a loss (at level stakes) on the win bets, but this year I'm making a decent profit. But I did try to estimate the statistical significance of the difference, and it's not very significant at all. That's for all bets over a year, so when you break it down by day of the week, the variance in profit is going to be very high because of the smaller samples. The place parts of the bets are at much lower odds, so the profit from those has much lower variance (and last year's yield is quite similar to this year's). It would be interesting to see if there was any significant difference in just the place profits for different days of the week.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Kayf Aramis placed and Our Monogram lost, for a 2 point profit. Starting Bank: 1000 Current Bank: 3606.93 Total Staked: 7580 W/P/L: 53/123/203 Profit/Loss: +2606.93 (Win +862.66, Place +1744.27) Yield: +34.39% [Edited to correct return on Kayf Aramis.]

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Hello Slapdash! I was searching on the net for a good and experienced value tipster in order to learn and i found sports-punter and your tips!!! :ok Your yield is very attractive!!! So I decided to read all the topics where you describe your different systems but i think i didn't manage to understand the way it works.... :wall You know, I'm a newbie in betting and my english technical glossary in betting is very poor for the moment....:$ So I think I have to read them again and again until I understand! I see that the tips you're giving on sport-punter are always refering to your "Each-way" system. I tried to understand but i think i didn't...:cry I just understand that you're betting on the chance of the second or third favourites to be placed 1.What do you mean when you say "to back each-way"??? 2.Do I simply have to back the place odd of the selected horse or is it a little bit more complicated??? Can you tell me with simple words, please :notworthy 3.Can I play your system if I only have a betfair account? I'm a newbie so I don't want to have other accounts by other books for the moment..... My last question may be the easiest to answer and the most important for me... 4.What do I have to do in facts when you send an (E-W) tip on sports-punter or here, if I want to play your "Each-way" system with my betfair account? (back for place, lay something??......) Thanks for your help Sorry for my poor english

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 :welcome, Jamiroquai. An "each-way" bet is a bet on a horse where half your stake is bet on the horse winning, and half is bet on the horse being placed (which means in the first three usually, but first two or first four in some races). The odds you get for the "place" bet depend on the "win" odds by a simple formula. Almost always, a bookmaker won't let you bet on the place unless you also bet on the win (unlike Betfair). This system is really based on finding situations where the bookmakers offer win odds which make the place odds attractive. I do this by comparing with Betfair place odds which (because they are not calculated from the win odds by a formula) are more realistic. So I'm identifying situations where you get much better place odds by making an each-way bet with a bookmaker than you would if you bet on the place on Betfair. So I wouldn't recommend betting on these on Betfair.