Slapdash systems 2006

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Slapdash systems 2006

Hello, Another good day at the office I see.
Thanks, plopplop.
What made you choose this horse in particular over and above the others in the 2:30 @ Carlisle which you put in your EW doubles thread?
What I'm trying to do here is to find EW bets with a lot of value in the place part of the bet, without getting too much bad value in the win part of the bet. I'd be happy to roughly break even on the win parts: in fact, I've made a slight profit on them this year, and made a slight loss last year. But the place bets are where I aim to make the profit. But if I put them in EW doubles, then I can afford to be more forgiving about the value of the win part, and the ones I put in the EW doubles thread but not here are ones where I still think there's a lot of value in the place bet, but for one reason or another I'm afraid the win part of the bet might lose too much. Here's the idea. Suppose I found EW bets where the win part of the bets returned 50% of the stake on average (a 50% loss), but the place part returned 150% of the stake on average (a 50% profit). Then if I bet them in EW singles, I'd break even in the long run, losing as much on the win bets as I won on the place bets. But if I put two of them in an EW double, then on average the win double would return 25% of the stake (a 75% loss), but the place double would return 225% of the stake (a 125% profit). So a 1 point EW double would make a profit of 0.5 points on average. [The numbers here are not meant to be realistic, but just to illustrate the principle.]

Been following your bets for maybe about two months now. Looking at your graph on Sports-punter this system is going through it's worst spell' date=' am I right? Hoping for a great day anyday now :) [/quote'] Just because I started following it :lol Sorry, but it's my fault :dude Anyway ... I'm sure some winners will soon pop-up :ok

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Sorry for changing my mind, but the Betfair prices on this have dropped, and I'm going to upgrade it from "almost". 4.20 Wolverhampton Callisto Moon (8/1 Ladbrokes) 10 points EW. Each way system. There's an odds on favourite. We're getting 2.60 for the place, compared to a lay price of 2.26 on Betfair, and the Betfair win price is also 8/1.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 12.40 Kelso Witch Wind (12/1 Bet365) 10 points EW. Each way system. There's an odds on favourite and a short-priced second favourite. We're getting 3.4 for the place, compared to a lay price of 2.52. The Betfair win price is higher, at 14.5, but the difference in place odds is enough to compensate.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 4.25 Wincanton Lincoln's Inn (7/1 Paddy Power) 10 points EW. Each way system. There are short priced first and second favourites. We're getting 2.40 for the place, compared to a lay price of 1.98 on Betfair. The Betfair win price is a little higher, at 8.80, but the difference in place prices is just about enough to compensate.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 I think that's all. Might be worth seeing what prices are available on the 2nd/3rd/4th favourites in the 1.05 Wincanton later on, though. There seems to be a lot of value in the place odds even at the early prices available now, but the Betfair win odds are a bit too high in comparison.

I think that's all. Might be worth seeing what prices are available on the 2nd/3rd/4th favourites in the 1.05 Wincanton later on' date=' though. There seems to be a lot of value in the place odds even at the early prices available now, but the Betfair win odds are a bit too high in comparison.[/quote'] I'm taking them all ... prices are very high at the mom :ok