** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Slapdash systems 2006

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Slapdash systems 2006

4.00 Uttoxeter Smeathe's Ridge (14/1 Sporting Odds) 10 points EW. Each way system. There's an odds on favourite. We're getting 3.8 for the place, compared to a lay price of 3.45 on Betfair, and the Betfair win price is also lower at 13/1.
15 minutes since I posted this, and the price has not yet been cut. I'm sure all readers of this thread would like to wish the man from Sporting Odds a speedy recovery. But take it easy, and don't go back to work until you're fully fit.

15 minutes since I posted this, and the price has not yet been cut. I'm sure all readers of this thread would like to wish the man from Sporting Odds a speedy recovery. But take it easy, and don't go back to work until you're fully fit.
Down to 10/1 :zzz

Just one more for this evening: 8.30 Wolverhampton Summer Lodge (7/1 Ladbrokes) 10 points EW. Each way system. There's an odds on favourite. We're getting 2.4 for the place, compared to lay price of 2.08 on Betfair, and the Betfair win price is also slightly lower at 7.8.
Anybody knows: Was here a Jockey change???!!!

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Cheers Slapdash! Been following your bets for maybe about two months now. Looking at your graph on Sports-punter this system is going through it's worst spell, am I right? Hoping for a great day anyday now :) What are your feelings, has the edge gone from your system because bookies are following this thread? I mean for the rest of us who follow your tips. Anyway, thanks for your work! :hope for today!

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Yesterday, Caracciola, Catherine's Run and Sirnando were placed, and the other three lost, for a 3 point profit. Starting Bank: 1000 Current Bank: 3790.35 Total Staked: 9420 W/P/L: 63/153/255 Profit/Loss: +2790.35 (Win +804.99, Place +1985.36) Yield: +29.62%

Cheers Slapdash! Been following your bets for maybe about two months now. Looking at your graph on Sports-punter this system is going through it's worst spell, am I right? Hoping for a great day anyday now :) What are your feelings, has the edge gone from your system because bookies are following this thread? I mean for the rest of us who follow your tips. Anyway, thanks for your work! :hope for today!
I've just looked at the figures for October. I've had 42 bets, each at 10 points EW, and made a loss of 52.33 points (a negative yield of -6.2%). But I don't think things look quite so bad if you split it into place and win bets. Place bets: 149.34 point profit (+35.6% yield). Win bets: 201.67 point loss (-48% yield). This compares with a yield over the whole year of about +42% for the place bets and +17% for the win bets, so the place yield is down a bit, but you can see that the bad run is almost entirely down to the lack of winners. Because the win parts of the bets are mostly at quite high odds, there is going to be a very large variance in the results; at odds around 8/1, the standard deviation of the yield over 42 bets will be over 40%, so the difference between this month's yield of -48% and the year's yield of +17% is bad, but could quite easily be down to statistical fluctuations. I'd be a lot more worried if the place yield had dropped a lot. Since the place parts of the bets are at lower odds, the variance of the place profits is a lot smaller.