Poker Player Magazine - Heads Up Challenge

Big Andy

Re: Poker Player Magazine - Heads Up Challenge The post hasn't arrived yet over here (we have late posties 'round my way). I'm dreading that every fooking Tom, Dick and Harry reading it will think I'm easy pickings (more-than-usual!) now. My first reaction will be "JESUS CHRIST!! So that's what I look like!". :lol I'm a moody sod ain't I? I don't wanna know what the pro thinks of me but I expect they'll probably say I was surprisingly easy pickings and that all he had to do was represent a hand to scare me off (he fooking fluked it. I was card-dead after going into a chip lead on the first game and he put me on tilt after trapping me in the second game!). I still haven't got whatever consolation prize was going to be sent to me but hey, they've credited me back my $16.50 and even given me 50 more cents on top of that (woooh! Was 50 cents my consolation prize!?). EDIT: D'oh! Checking on the webpage to checking the poker program shows the difference. PokerRoom round things up on the webpage! And whaddya know? No 50 cents extra. I was spot on in what Alex might have said. :eyes

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Poker Player Magazine - Heads Up Challenge Hmmmm ..... don't think they were particularly kind to you mate!!! Especially in the first game - your opponent criticised you for being too passive - yet after 100 odd hands you were ahead!!! It was only his lucky river to get a FH against your flush that stopped you winning!!!! Second game, you couldn't do anything against those cards!! And third game - he may well have been impatient, but you did it!!! They're running a freeroll on 15th Feb to play in this - fancy a rematch stereo?

Re: Poker Player Magazine - Heads Up Challenge I'd love to but it's on an evening and on a weeknight! Not a particularly kind review at all (I don't think they gave me the worst review of the four who've taken part so far though! Even if they said they fed me 'to the lions'!) but I had less than nothing on some occasions that's why his small bets on the river paid off. As far as I remember, we were checking most hands all the way to the river. Sure, I could have gone all-in with ATo (sure) in the first game but that's a moron play considering as I (rightfully) suspected he had something (he would have called anyway, having raised the pot and most likely suspecting the bluff). Calling the all-in with 78o in the second game was a moron move though. I suspected 8J on the flop but forgot about it as he bet on the turn and then went all-in with the river and I was on tilt thinking I'd halve the pot thinking he had 68o. D'oh! I don't remember the third game lasting that long (felt more like 15 minutes at most but hey, they've got the hand histories). EDIT: I'm pretty sure I made a nine-high straight and he called with a pair of 9s with a 3 kicker but that graphic says different. Oh dear. Maybe winning the dead rubber had me hallucinating. My surname's not spelt with a 'J'! Let them think they're playing with the bastard descendant of Carl Jung! :lol

Re: Poker Player Magazine - Heads Up Challenge

That should help to confuse future opponents anyway. They'll think you're looking deep into their psyche. Sorry about the typo (wasn't me' date=' by the way!).[/quote'] Dacey - did you play as Dicey in the pre-Christmas Betfair Grand Prix? If so then I'm sorry that I beat you and knocked you out. PL - Lady:ok